https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...kGGyy/z8I|XLPw

Legendaries ~
    Hellfire Blades
    Call: Razorbeast
    Free Recoil
    Rapid Fire Shot
    Calculated Shot

Buffs ~
    Free Recoil, Ranged Combat Mastery, Silver Tip Munitions, Static Shock Munitions, Predatory Instincts

Macros ~

Deadeye
    #show Deadeye Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Empowered Shot
    cast Deadeye Shot

Builder
    #show Calculated Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Empowered Shot
    cast Calculated Shot
    cast Lightning Fury
    cast Swift Shot

ST Channels
    #show Sentry Battery
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sentry Battery
    cast Planar Variation

AoE
    #show Chain Destruction
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Lightning Fury
    cast Chain Destruction

Burst
    #show Hellfire Blades
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Bull's Eye
    cast Call: Razorbeast
    cast Hellfire Blades

Other Buttons ~
    Barbed Shot, Deaden, Eradicate, Retreat

Other Buttons You Might Want ~
    Static Shot, Repelling Shot

DPS Blocks ~
    Note : As Empowered Shot is no longer on the GCD, anything with Empowered Shot is easily cast just by pressing said macro twice. In order to line up ease of play, at a slight dps hit, always cast Barbed Shot before Rapid Fire Shot. Barbed + Rapid Fire Shot makes up the RFS block.

Opener
    Empowered Shot > Deadeye Shot > Empowered Shot > Builder

RFS
    Barbed Shot > Burst Macro > Rapid Fire Shot

Channels (Always following Rapid Fire Shot when lined up with Hellfire Blades and Targeting
    Telemetry)
    Sentry Battery > Planar Variation
    Note : This can be used only once to just use Sentry Battery if you're in a situation to need to hold Planar Variation for AoE.

AoE
    Burst Macro > Calculated Shot > Planar Variation > AoE Macro

As a baseline, always use Barbed Shot before casting Rapid Fire Shot. It's a slight clip but
    it allows for much ease of use, especially when lining up for the channels. Alternatively you
    could rotate Swift and Calculated properly and only used Barbed when it falls off, but it
    would serve to break up the rotation it a bit. This guide is mainly aimed at making the
    rotation fairly easy to play while still being effective.

So ideally ... how to play by blocks. ~

Opener > RFS > Channels > Empowered Shot + Calculated Shot > RFS > Empowered + Builder > Deadeye Shot > Empowered + Builder x2 > Deadeye Shot > Empowered + Builder x2 > RFS

Note : The builder x2 > RFS will run +1 CP with Barbed Shot before RFS, but this is done to avoid delaying Rapid Fire Shot at all. When HFB is coming up shortly and RFS is available, it can be benficial to run through 1 or 2 more Builder x2 > Deadeye Shot sets to avoid delaying the Burst Macro, even with small delay to RFS. The difference is quite small at best however. Also you'll need to use the Single Builder anytime after the Channels to reapply Calculated Shot and then quickly set up Barbed and Rapid Fire Shot again.
    Last edited by QuexFehftir; 07-18-2018 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Making dis more useful.

Soulwalker

With the Nerfs we got with sab, is this a better DPS build than the Nerfed NightSab build?

Shadowlander

Yeahhhhh, 61 Marksman is far better than Nightsab at this point, as is 61 Nightblade. The guide for Nightblade hasn't changed from the one that was posted here a while ago.

Soulwalker

Post Just a little clarity

Thank you for your MM guide!

I wanted to a little help discerning the macro name with the same name as the actual attack/shot.
    for example in the Opener, is the dead eye referenced, the attach or dead eye the macro?

Also you mention the word "blocks" . Does that mean macro?

Lastly, can the Opener and RFS seen below be made into a single (each) macro?

Opener
    Empowered Shot > Deadeye Shot > Empowered Shot > Builder

RFS
    Barbed Shot > Burst Macro > Rapid Fire Shot

Thanks for the help!

Shadowlander

Hmmmm so. In the opener, if you just push the Deadeye macro twice it will cast Empowered then Deadeye. Originally I had left Empowered Shot out of the rotation bit, but added it to reduce confusion, though maybe it added more lol. Ideally you want to use Empowered Shot as your first skill in opener, and then again once after every finisher. But with it being macro'd into almost everything, it will be cast as you use those macros.

Ideally in the opener, what you would do is Deadeye macro x2 for Empowered/Deadeye, Builder x2 for Empowered Shot/Calculated Shot, then solo cast Barbed Shot, then run through the Burst macro, then solo cast Rapid Fire Shot. Then you run through both channels in the channel macro if you want to use both. Then you use Builder macro x2 for Empowered/Builder then solo cast Barbed Shot, solo cast Rapid Fire Shot. MM is so weird to explain lol.

It is possible to macro Rapid Fire Shot and Deadeye Shot together, though you would still need to apply Barbed Shot and make sure that Calculated Shot is applied before using Rapid Fire Shot. Personally I button mash a bit, and having Rapid Fire Shot and Deadeye shot in the same macro leads to me clipping it occasionally, especially if there's any lag. Just personal preference I guess.

Plane Walker

Thank you for the guide. Made it very easy to understand.

Shadowlander

Absolutely!

Soulwalker

Default kalert

any kalerts to share? hard to keep up with buffs

Shadowlander

TBH I don't use Kalerts lol. Just Gadgets to track all of that stuff, so no I don't have any sorry. xD

Nice clean looking guide, I can't wait to try it when I get back home

Shadowlander

Yar if you have any questions let me know!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by swp1989 View Post
    With the Nerfs we got with sab, is this a better DPS build than the Nerfed NightSab build?
    It really is a must have and it is not too difficult to use. Just remember that MM atm has one of the best AE from range with great ST dps, purge and interrupt. the only soul that may come close to it is elementalist in mage but their ST seems to be lower. You should definitely learn it because no other class can compete. Other souls like tact/bard are also worth learning. No other class can compete and can possibly solo heal the first boss in BoS with it if you are skilled.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 08-18-2018 at 06:12 PM.

Rift Disciple

I tried for some time yesterday, I found some problem to keep up the rotation, considering we have 10 buttons to control (five macros + RFS, Barbed Shot, Deaden, Eradicate, Retreat).
    So, looking at the macro, we can simplify things maybe (with some loss in dps but to make it easier to play) changing:

Burst
    #show Hellfire Blades
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Bull's Eye
    cast Call: Razorbeast
    cast Hellfire Blades
    cast Rapid Fire Shot

and

Deadeye
    #show Deadeye Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Empowered Shot
    cast Deadeye Shot

changed into

Finisher
    #show Rapid Fire Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Empowered Shot
    cast Rapid Fire Shot
    cast Deadeye Shot

With this we will have 1 less button to press (rfs is inside two macros now and one of these show when it is off of CD).
    Ideally the order of buttons in my bar is:
    1. Barbed Shot
    2. Builder
    3. Finisher
    4. Burst
    5. ST Channel
    6. AOE
    7. Deaden
    8. Eradicate
    9. Retreat

-----------------------------------------------
    Can you clarify when to use ST Channel and how to use AOE?
    Thank you
    FT 4/4 - EE 4/5 - GA 4/4 - PBB 3/5 - IG 2/3 - BoB 2/8

Quote Originally Posted by Alarchon View Post
    Thank you

You use the ST channels whenever HFB is up, delay the channels to maximise HFB procs, even if this means replacing RFS for Deadeye shot even if RFS is off CD, as its a dps gain.

Strafe is also a dps gain to use for 2 combo points (whilst HFB is up) but isn't mentioned for some reason, in a perfect world you wouldn't use macros for MM but I can see why it would be daunting for some (and its not like minmaxing is important anymore)

The guide misses out a lot of points, you can use Crossfire on some fights where mobs are spread (Titan X trash comes to mind), strafe as noted above, the opener should include Barbed Shot
    Nixia@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Alarchon View Post
    I tried for some time yesterday, I found some problem to keep up the rotation, considering we have 10 buttons to control (five macros + RFS, Barbed Shot, Deaden, Eradicate, Retreat).
    So, looking at the macro, we can simplify things maybe (with some loss in dps but to make it easier to play) changing:

Thank you
    For AoE, to keep things simple for you, you could keep these things in mind as for priorities:
    1. Make sure you keep up Barbed Shot
    2. Make sure you keep up HFB
    3. Use Lightning Fury
    4. Cast Planar Variation
    5. Cast Chain Destruction
    Be careful when using Crossfire.
    Use these when 3+ mobs are up.

Your ST rotation will work fine when 1-2 mobs are up, and this has been covered in the guide.
    I would still use Planar variation as a gain unless you know that several mobs will be spawning within 1 min.

Good luck !
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "Proud Member of GraySkull"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast