+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 4.2 PvE Physician

  1. #1
    RIFT Guide Writer Maltie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    722

    Default 4.2 PvE Physician

    61 PvE Physician

    Nothing has changed for Phys since 4.0 (except the L ER cd), but there wasn't an updated guide for Phys atm so thought i'd do one.

    Had a couple of people ask me to do one, so thought i’d do a quick one.

    61Phys/11Ranger/4Shadeborn (Shadow Lash Legendary)
    61Phys/11Ranger/4Nightblade (If no SB soul ~ no healing loss, but doesn’t have the pull) (1 free Legendary Point)

    Other offsouls can be 61phys/11ranger/4RS (slight dps loss but more HP if you’re low geared ~ Shadow Shift Legendary) or 61Phys/8shadeborn/7ranger (slight HPS loss but you pick up an interrupt ~ Shadow Lash Legendary)

    Legendaries;
    • Maintenance Therapy ~ Now procs on every ST heal.
    • Life Insurance ~ 30s CD reduction
    • Emergency Response ~ Removes CD, heals based on Energy, uses all the rogues remaining energy. (Good for burst healing)
    • Call: Razorbeast ~ 20% healing/damage increase for 20s (30s CD)

    .
    Buffs

    • Simultaneous Treatment
    • Preventive Medication
    • Supportive Care – Put it on the tank that you’re healing (swap if necessary)
    • Predatory Instincts

    Alternative Treatment – Toggle ability that allows our heals to hit 5 players.(Causes all combo point generating abilities to hit 5 friendly players, just reducing the healing/absorbs by 50%).

    ~ Don’t forget to toggle it off when going back to tank healing! Also, remember it reduces energy regen by 5/s so be careful not to drain yourself!

    ~~

    ​Planebound Resilience - If you went with the RS off-soul.

    ----

    Abilities

    Builders -

    Causal Treatment – Awards 2 combo points and a nice sized heal This will be your main stationary spam button. – 1.5 second cast

    Expectant Treatment – Instant cast – Shield – 6 second cd. You can use it as a tank heal or a spot shield on a player taking damage. (I commonly use it as a tank shield, after causal treatment to create 5 combo points, but that can change depending on the situation)

    Urgent Care – Spot heal and 6 second cd (strong)

    Active Treatment – Small heal, instant cast and no cd. This will be one of the abilities you can use during movement phases or spot healing dps.

    ---

    Finishers -

    Massive Therapy – Large heal, 30 second cooldown.

    Pre-emptive Therapy – Shield Finisher. Becomes instant cast with the level 62 mastery Watch Over. Use Maintenance or Massive if your tank needs healing asap. Otherwise use this as your main finisher. Pre-apply it before the fight.

    Group Therapy – 10 player HoT. The way Group Therapy works, is that it will hit 10 players with the lowest hp. (Not really much of a problem with Rifts current 10man raid meta, but if you’re ever in a 20man raid group, you’ll know!) ~ Keep this up.

    Spoiler!


    Cooldowns!

    Life Insurance – Typical Defer Death ability – Gives a shield when first applied and if struck by a killing blow restores 50% of the targets HP.

    Emergency Response – Restores health based on the rogues remaining energy to the target and grants an absorb shield.

    Biofeedback – Channeled heal + Damage Reduction (15%) - Deals damage with the level 64 mastery. (Through the Ether)

    Intensive Care –All healing and Absorption abilities that are builders or finishers are increased by 50% (10 second duration)

    Planar Variation – Restores health equal to 50% of your maximum health each second, however for the first gcd, this won't tick, so if you're gonna use it as a CD heal take that into consideration.

    Most of these cd’s are to be used reactively, unless it’s a fight that you're comfortable healing and know when certain damage spikes are coming, then you can use some of them preemptively to save yourself some grief (Using PV a gcd before large tank damage, for example)

    ----

    Utility/Other

    Mass Detox - 10 person cleanse, 10 second cooldown

    Detoxification - Single Target Cleanse, no cooldown

    Viral Infection - Use this on the boss for dps.

    Shadow Shift - If you specced into RS.

    Adrenaline Shot - Restores 50 Energy - oGCD and has a 20 second cooldown. This is an important ability because Phys can get drained quite easily.

    Precise Diagnosis - Instantly awards 5 combo points. 20 second cooldown. oGCD.

    ---

    Healing Rotation!

    Healing will never have a "set" rotation, due to the amount of changes during the fight, e.g. switching to aoe healing, healing whilst moving, using healing cd's etc - But! For when you're standing still you can use this as your standard rotation, subject to change if cd's are required.

    - Make sure Supportive Care is up on your tank.

    Expectant Treatment - Causal Treatment - Causal Treatment - Finisher - Causal Treatment - Causal Treatment - Active Treatment - Finisher

    Preshield your tanks!

    Macros

    #show Detoxification
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @group01 Detoxification
    cast @group02 Detoxification
    cast @group03 Detoxification
    cast @group04 Detoxification
    cast @group05 Detoxification
    cast @group06 Detoxification
    cast @group07 Detoxification
    cast @group08 Detoxification
    cast @group09 Detoxification
    cast @group10 Detoxification
    cast @group11 Detoxification
    cast @group12 Detoxification
    cast @group13 Detoxification
    cast @group14 Detoxification
    cast @group15 Detoxification
    cast @group16 Detoxification
    cast @group17 Detoxification
    cast @group18 Detoxification
    cast @group19 Detoxification
    cast @group20 Detoxification


    This is the only macro you need to use. If you want to you can use a brez macro so other healers know when you've used your res, as an example:

    #show Kiss of Life
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Kiss of Life
    raid Battle Rez on %T because I love Nixia

    ----

    Let me know if you have any feedback/questions!
    Last edited by Maltie; 09-03-2018 at 06:14 AM.
    Nixia@Greybriar


  2. #2
    Rift Disciple Semiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Nice guide! can't wait to use it at last boss in irotp <3<3 xo


    Btw i was forced to comment nicely otherwise i would get banned

    nix forced me

  3. #3
    Plane Touched Kreezhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Semiso View Post
    Nice guide! can't wait to use it at last boss in irotp <3<3 xo


    Btw i was forced to comment nicely otherwise i would get banned

    nix forced me
    Why would you use that on last boss of IROTP

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer Maltie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreezhem View Post
    Why would you use that on last boss of IROTP
    Thats just Semi being Semi
    Nixia@Greybriar


  5. #5
    Plane Walker Poshy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Is Bard a viable off soul for this?

  6. #6
    RIFT Guide Writer Maltie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    Is Bard a viable off soul for this?
    If you're looking to do some aoe padding maybe, but if I was gonna aoe heal i'd go into Tact and just emp bolt for Engine heals

    For a ST healing spec bard is a healing loss however (as is going into Tactician)

    I will add Tact as a potential offsoul however, and it scales really well with eternal.
    Last edited by Maltie; 07-25-2017 at 10:31 AM.
    Nixia@Greybriar


  7. #7
    Rift Disciple Semiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    Thats just Semi being Semi

    Damm right! im OP that way, even Aced want me in their core group, ACED!


    Although idk if mentioned anywhere at all (forums or discord wise) but medicinal leeching needs a rework, like lets be for real, those 4 points spent into phys is the equivalent of spending 16 points into riftstalker, which is useless

  8. #8
    Shadowlander clautodor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    41

    Default

    there are only 4 legendarys

  9. #9
    Plane Walker Poshy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    435

    Default

    the 5th legendary is listed at the top with the different off soul options.

    I would like to see what others can come up with for the tact off soul. It doesnt offer alot with 61 in phys. I do have a phystact hybrid build but would like to be able to use life insurance. What do you think the best solo heal build is for Malannon in TD NM? Weve been using lib but rogues may have an option.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple Semiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    the 5th legendary is listed at the top with the different off soul options.

    I would like to see what others can come up with for the tact off soul. It doesnt offer alot with 61 in phys. I do have a phystact hybrid build but would like to be able to use life insurance. What do you think the best solo heal build is for Malannon in TD NM? Weve been using lib but rogues may have an option.
    best solo heal at malannon TD? you sure you dont need one more raid heals just for fire swine + stack in white dmg?

    And well i could say some sort of phystac variant, but i would still stick with tactbard

  11. #11
    RIFT Guide Writer huangchingho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    Is Bard a viable off soul for this?
    Yes it works very well, for energy conservation (eternal weapon buff), Fanfare of Vigor and Motif of Bravery, increased tooltips for heals, 10-man raid heal capability and as a fast-combo-point builder filler (1.5s=3 combo points).

    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...GlayGEFkg|XeXg



    Since Ereandorn (IROTP 1/4) is the only current content that could use a 61 Physician just because it has Life Insurance (if you can solo heal it), but for an optimal DPS raid comp. (5% stats and all motifs), it's better to go with Bardphys if tank healing/shielding is necessary like Beligosh NM TD (1/4), Council of Fate NM TD (3/4), and Malannon NM TD (4/4) for progression.

    Since Power Chord grants Motif of Regen 1 stack, you only need to use Coda of Restoration occasionally. I might update my Bardphys guide when I get the rest of the things tested, the new Bardphys specializes in both sustained raid and tank healing/shielding which is superior to 61 Physician, provides missing fanfares and motifs a raid would need. (Combo Point builder would be Urgent Care, Power Chord, Cadence. Finishers would be Group Therapy, Preemptive Treatment [ST shields] and Coda of Restoration).

    Note:
    -Maintenance Therapy will have 100% uptime with Urgent Care added to regular rotation (both has 6s timer).
    -To make use of 36% absorption bonuses for each point spent on the Physician Talent tree. Urgent Care procs Simultaneous Treatment shields to your main target and Residual Care procs Simultaneous Treatment shields to 2 extra allies. Power Chord shields are pretty small, but it's up to 10k if crit. Simultaneous Treatment shields from ST heals are only 10% of max health, for example, Urgent Care crits for 420k, 30% of that Overhealing converts to shield and goes to your main target which is up to 126k shield, though the shield caps at 10% max health, so 550k HP = 55k shields, Residual Care does 60% of what Urgent care does, so it does up to 75.6k shields to 2 allies, caps at 10% max health.
    -When tank(s) activate their tanking stance, they receive 30% extra ST shields/heals which makes pure tank healing specs obsolete. Bardphys will be able to provide 50% HP shields to tanks like 61 Physician could.
    -Bardphys shields has higher tooltips values than 61 Physician because Bard has 40% extra AP by nature. (Reverberation).
    -If an encounter requires more raid heals than what Bardphys is capable of, in an optimal DPS perspective, bring a DPS-raid-healer such as Chloromancer, Phystact, Phloromancer etc.. or even Warden.

    Yes, you can solo heal Malannon NM TD with the new version Bardphys.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 07-25-2017 at 07:35 PM.

  12. #12
    Plane Walker Poshy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Semiso View Post
    best solo heal at malannon TD? you sure you dont need one more raid heals just for fire swine + stack in white dmg?

    And well i could say some sort of phystac variant, but i would still stick with tactbard
    No we solo healed this with a lib healer whos sheilding was very strong. For us we hit enrage a few times with 2 healers around 30% so we opted for more dps. There are 4 of us hitting 1mil plus but we also switched tanks so ended up trading a 700k dps for a 500kish sometimes a little less. We need some work on mechanics but for phase 3 the tank needs to carefully save cds or risk 600k hits. This is the main reason I ask because life insurance would help us alot and the warrior healing has the same deeps as me anyway. Ive only started playing around with 61 phys and the first thing I tried was bard/ranger off souls but I really need more testing, however I did like the channel healing from points in bard, it just kinda felt right but I need more practice and comparison.

    Tactbard is just awesome, but its too risky to solo heal big hitters with no st heals.
    Last edited by Poshy; 07-25-2017 at 07:52 PM.

  13. #13
    Plane Walker Poshy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    Yes it works very well, for energy conservation (eternal weapon buff), Fanfare of Vigor and Motif of Bravery, increased tooltips for heals, 10-man raid heal capability and as a fast-combo-point builder filler (1.5s=3 combo points).

    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...GlayGEFkg|XeXg



    Since Ereandorn (IROTP 1/4) is the only current content that could use a 61 Physician just because it has Life Insurance (if you can solo heal it), but for an optimal DPS raid comp. (5% stats and all motifs), it's better to go with Bardphys if tank healing/shielding is necessary like Beligosh NM TD (1/4), Council of Fate NM TD (3/4), and Malannon NM TD (4/4) for progression.

    Since Power Chord grants Motif of Regen 1 stack, you only need to use Coda of Restoration occasionally. I might update my Bardphys guide when I get the rest of the things tested, the new Bardphys specializes in both sustained raid and tank healing/shielding which is superior to 61 Physician, provides missing fanfares and motifs a raid would need. (Combo Point builder would be Urgent Care, Power Chord, Cadence. Finishers would be Group Therapy, Preemptive Treatment [ST shields] and Coda of Restoration).

    Note:
    -Maintenance Therapy will have 100% uptime with Urgent Care added to regular rotation (both has 6s timer).
    -To make use of 36% absorption bonuses for each point spent on the Physician Talent tree. Urgent Care procs Simultaneous Treatment shields to your main target and Residual Care procs Simultaneous Treatment shields to 2 extra allies. Power Chord shields are pretty small, but it's up to 10k if crit. Simultaneous Treatment shields from ST heals are only 10% of max health, for example, Urgent Care crits for 420k, 30% of that Overhealing converts to shield and goes to your main target which is up to 126k shield, though the shield caps at 10% max health, so 550k HP = 55k shields, Residual Care does 60% of what Urgent care does, so it does up to 75.6k shields to 2 allies, caps at 10% max health.
    -When tank(s) activate their tanking stance, they receive 30% extra ST shields/heals which makes pure tank healing specs obsolete. Bardphys will be able to provide 50% HP shields to tanks like 61 Physician could.
    -Bardphys shields has higher tooltips values than 61 Physician because Bard has 40% extra AP by nature. (Reverberation).
    -If an encounter requires more raid heals than what Bardphys is capable of, in an optimal DPS perspective, bring a DPS-raid-healer such as Chloromancer, Phystact, Phloromancer etc.. or even Warden.

    Yes, you can solo heal Malannon NM TD with the new version Bardphys.
    Life insurance is nice to have for legion rifts but thats just a bonus and not really needed.

  14. #14
    RIFT Guide Writer huangchingho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    Life insurance is nice to have for legion rifts but thats just a bonus and not really needed.
    Just tested legion RR, once you see the static blast channeling for 12s, just throw a 5 combo point Preemptive Treatment (that lasts 15s), and right before channel about to end, use your Bardphys cooldown (Apothecary's will + Biofeedback). Biofeedback will continue to channel even when Line-of-sight.
    I am pretty impressed that Bardphys is actually a thing after the Motif of Regen nerf. (Tank heals Bard, LuLz)

    (tank has 500k+ HP, shields from Preemptive Treatment are ~250k)
    Last edited by huangchingho; 07-25-2017 at 11:51 PM.

  15. #15
    Plane Touched bollesti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    Yes it works very well, for energy conservation (eternal weapon buff), Fanfare of Vigor and Motif of Bravery, increased tooltips for heals, 10-man raid heal capability and as a fast-combo-point builder filler (1.5s=3 combo points).

    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...GlayGEFkg|XeXg



    Since Ereandorn (IROTP 1/4) is the only current content that could use a 61 Physician just because it has Life Insurance (if you can solo heal it), but for an optimal DPS raid comp. (5% stats and all motifs), it's better to go with Bardphys if tank healing/shielding is necessary like Beligosh NM TD (1/4), Council of Fate NM TD (3/4), and Malannon NM TD (4/4) for progression.

    Since Power Chord grants Motif of Regen 1 stack, you only need to use Coda of Restoration occasionally. I might update my Bardphys guide when I get the rest of the things tested, the new Bardphys specializes in both sustained raid and tank healing/shielding which is superior to 61 Physician, provides missing fanfares and motifs a raid would need. (Combo Point builder would be Urgent Care, Power Chord, Cadence. Finishers would be Group Therapy, Preemptive Treatment [ST shields] and Coda of Restoration).

    Note:
    -Maintenance Therapy will have 100% uptime with Urgent Care added to regular rotation (both has 6s timer).
    -To make use of 36% absorption bonuses for each point spent on the Physician Talent tree. Urgent Care procs Simultaneous Treatment shields to your main target and Residual Care procs Simultaneous Treatment shields to 2 extra allies. Power Chord shields are pretty small, but it's up to 10k if crit. Simultaneous Treatment shields from ST heals are only 10% of max health, for example, Urgent Care crits for 420k, 30% of that Overhealing converts to shield and goes to your main target which is up to 126k shield, though the shield caps at 10% max health, so 550k HP = 55k shields, Residual Care does 60% of what Urgent care does, so it does up to 75.6k shields to 2 allies, caps at 10% max health.
    -When tank(s) activate their tanking stance, they receive 30% extra ST shields/heals which makes pure tank healing specs obsolete. Bardphys will be able to provide 50% HP shields to tanks like 61 Physician could.
    -Bardphys shields has higher tooltips values than 61 Physician because Bard has 40% extra AP by nature. (Reverberation).
    -If an encounter requires more raid heals than what Bardphys is capable of, in an optimal DPS perspective, bring a DPS-raid-healer such as Chloromancer, Phystact, Phloromancer etc.. or even Warden.

    Yes, you can solo heal Malannon NM TD with the new version Bardphys.

    I have made the same modifications to that spec months ago, i was having trouble with tactbard to solo heal golems because the last one we farm hits harder and the tank would be dead before i could start healing so i went for a alternative version of your bardphys losing ML that imo os weak and dropping some points in to stronger ST spot healing and that Apo plus Bio been using it as aTank healing cd since i started healing and it works very well all arround solid healing spec that may not pull T A R D numbers but fr me at least its more fun and usefull.
    Last edited by bollesti; 07-26-2017 at 07:15 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts