+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: [4.1] Nightsab - 54nb/22sab - easy 3 button dps spec

Quote Originally Posted by styopa View Post
    Lvl 60 trying this one out....why would you put Call Razorbeast (an 8 second casting time) in the macro?

Also, Fading Light - what is that? I don't see it listed in the 61+ abilities, nor anywhere on my list of powers.

Finally...maybe this is just me missing something, but in that macro I don't see ANY actual attacking action? Sure, you get to 5 combo points immediately, but then it's just auto attacks and timebomb?
    That's all that's showing up in my combat log.

Energy Manipulation is lvl 65 item, so not available at 60, I know.

Maybe I'm grossly/obviously missing something?
    Thanks for whatever advice you can give.
    Call: Razorbeast at level 70 is an instant ogcd buff that increases the rogues damage for 20% for 30s, unless you have this legendary picked, remove it from the macro.

Fading Light is a breakfree from Planar Attunement (Attunement of Dusk)

As Challengere said, this guide isn't based around your level
    Last edited by Maltie; 02-17-2018 at 01:01 PM.
    Nixia@Greybriar (and Laethys)

Rift Chaser

im having trouble with my rotation.when I get 5 cp how do I use them..I hit my macros but noting? used guide in the beginning???

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    Fading Light is a breakfree from Planar Attunement (Attunement of Dusk)

As Challengere said, this guide isn't based around your level
    Thanks for the comments (both you and the previous). I saw "Until 69, the spec is 1-button (big macro spam). " and thought that really meant 'up to 69' when it really means 65-69.

One other question, then - is there a PA guide for this one as well?
    Thanks!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliant View Post
    im having trouble with my rotation.when I get 5 cp how do I use them..I hit my macros but noting? used guide in the beginning???
    You don't have to spend your combo points. Only would need them for flame blitz, and you only use flame blitz to reapply firey spike, roughly every 10s.

Rift Chaser

ok I have ask this a lot but i must be brain dead because im just getting 25-30 k?

Use Flame blitz-to fiery spike then hammer the main macro button till fiery spike off off cool down?

lvl 70 with great gear??

help a dumb ***

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliant View Post
    ok I have ask this a lot but i must be brain dead because im just getting 25-30 k?

Use Flame blitz-to fiery spike then hammer the main macro button till fiery spike off off cool down?

lvl 70 with great gear??

help a dumb ***
    Post a picture of your stats/gear/soul tree.

It is handy to have Scourge of Darkness (SoD) on your bars somewhere - not to apply it but to keep an eye on when it is off cool down (CD). Either that or a kalert to show the SoD CD.

Here's my thinking on combo points:

1) If your fiery spike (FS) and SoD have a long way to go then blow the 5 combos an extra finisher (Flameblitz).
    2) If either FS or SoD are near refresh time keep your combos for that.
    3) If SoD and FS are both near refresh time try to have both 5 combos and detonate available... then you can Flameblitz, Detonate (for 5 combos) and SoD (which is in the builder macro). Or SoD, detonate, Flameblitz (depending on which comes up for refresh first).

Worst case (usually) you blow combos on FS and you are getting close to SoD, then you usually get 4CP for SoD because Death from the Shadows and Dusk Till Dawn are just before it in the builder and each gives 2 CPs. Won't get them if you are out of melee range, of course.

If there's a choice between SoD and FS for 5 combos with no detonate to refresh I would favour SoD because it adds damage to the next ten attacks proportionate to the combos spent, whereas FS will deliver 5 spikes regardless of whether it is one CP or 5CP. Sure you get more damage per combo on the Flameblitz hit if I am not mistaken. I am too lazy to check the maths... correct me if I'm wrong. It will depend on the timing of the refreshes... I do cringe, however, when SoD goes off on 1CP, but likewise it is bad to leave the mob(s) without FS for long. So judgement is required.

To be honest, and assuming I have the priorities correct, this minimaxing won't make a huge difference to DPS, but this is such an easy spec you end up looking for things to tweak/do when you get bored of punching 1 and 2 all the time. Also helps to take Reliquary of Rage out of the macro and time it for raid CDs or periods where you know there won't be disconnects. Likewise satchel charge is an issue on short-lived targets in terms of regenerating charges (eg Malanon fight in TD) which was discussed earlier in this thread.

With high end gear this build pulls 1.5M DPS in BoS raids (talking maxxed frags, good essences, upgraded crafted gear, T1/T2 rest of gear etc).
    Last edited by Linolea; 02-21-2018 at 09:05 PM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Rift Disciple

Default I want to supplement a little for min/max.

This guide is so nice and flawless. This will bring you a good dps spec which is very easy and strong.

But I want to supplement it for min/max of this spec. Because original guide is focusing more on entering this than min/max. And I want to say min/max of it has reasonable gap between just 1key spamming.

For min/max, you need to know what is pros of this spec to 61 NB.

There is only one pros - it has nice AOE cleaving than 61NB and has quite good ST dps too. So this spec suits so well with most of this expansion raid.

But, except cleaving, 61 NB is the better choice for overall purpose. Higher ST, Higher stable dps(54 has better burst but only for less than 1.5min). Even better for ragne dps if you can stay in 20m.

So, I'll suppose that some cleaving situation (like BOS 2nd boss or 3rd boss) and write about min/max of this spec.

Quote Originally Posted by shp View Post
    Tip: When your Fiery Spikes stacks falls off, but Hellfire Blades is about to recharge, it's better to wait with Flame Blitz, as it will proc HB 5 times when applying FS.
    I quote this from original. This is the all about min/max this spec.

OK. I start from here.

For min/max, there are some conditions for it - High-geared equipments. : At least 6th eternal weapon. enough cp. and the trinket Eye of Omnox.

I use slightly different spec and different macro for this spec.

Spec 54NB / 22 Sab

and some more macros.

[1min cooldown macro]

#show Living flame
    use Reliquary of Rage
    use Visionary Bottle of Critical Strikes
    cast Final Countdown
    cast Call: Razorbeast
    cast Hellfire Blades
    cast Living Flame
    cast Touch of Darkness
    cast Detonate
    cast Dusk to Dawn
    cast Death from the Shadows
    cast Satchel Charge
    cast Scatter Sticky Bomb
    cast Fragmentation Sticky Bomb
    cast Flame Blitz
    cast Flame Thrust
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Twilight Force
    cast Fiery Spike
    cast Fading Light
    cast Break Free

[30sec cooldown and spam macro - without DFTS]

#show Hellfire Blades
    cast Hellfire Blades
    cast Detonate
    cast Satchel Charge
    cast Dusk to Dawn
    cast Scatter Sticky Bomb
    cast Flame Blitz
    cast Flame Thrust
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Twilight Force
    cast Fiery Spike
    cast Fading Light
    cast Break Free

[Spam macro without any cooldown - you don't need this macro usually but I use this when I want to delay my cooldowns for some reasons]

#show Detonate
    cast Detonate
    cast Satchel Charge
    cast Dusk to Dawn
    cast Scatter Sticky Bomb
    cast Flame Blitz
    cast Flame Thrust
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Twilight Force
    cast Fiery Spike
    cast Fading Light
    cast Break Free

[1.5 min additional Dark melady - fit this to your third HFB, fourth living flame, tenth HFB and 7th HFB. It will sink with your omnox proc. Use this before your HFB, PIG, LF, and ToD (1:30, 3:00, 4:30, 6:00, 7:30 then quit the raid)]

#show Sabotage Run
    cast Dark Malady
    cast Sabotage Run

[Seperate keys - Stealth, Flame blitz, Scourge of darkness, Death from the shadow, Time Bomb, Planar variation(as I told above, this spec is optimized for cleaving so PV is much better than manipulation. And it's better even for ST dps if you sink with your other cooldowns.)]

Basic ST rotation :

https://imgur.com/RANo3lo

Cast PV after you cast Living Flame.

Cast Flame Bitz only when your Fiery Spike stacks fell off. But, for not delaying your cooldowns, just using with HFB is better than trying to keep using it (for preventing any mistake).

Cast Time Bomb freely. but when it's available for reactive only. I use this usually for making 5 combo points for Scourge of darkness.

Casting Scourge of Darkness when your Final countdown on is slightly gain. Don't miss it. Except it, it's free to use.

When your 30sec cooldown, you must cast two Flame blitz during HFB and proc it 10 times. This is the key for min/max. And this is the reason I removed DFTS from my 30sec cooldown spam.

HFB has 15sec duration and Fiery Spike dot's duration is 10sec. You must cast Flame Blitz after FS stacks totally falls off and FB shoots Fiery Spike 1sec after FB casted. This means you need to use Flame Blitz really tightly. Only 1~2sec are available for it. Practice it!

You don't need to care this when you're using 1min cooldowns. Living flame anyway prevents you from making 10 procs.

For maximizing AOE, almost same as ST but. add this.

Trying to find a target without any fiery spike stacks. then cast Flame blitz on it. It will proc another 5 Hellfire blades x (targets around you).

This is the difference between min/max and 1key spamming on ST. it's only about 10% but this gap will be much bigger for cleaving.

https://imgur.com/FzLVLmi

Done. Thank you for making a good spec. very useful on BOS.
    Last edited by MusclPig; Yesterday at 09:24 PM.
    <Unicef>
    Musclepig@Deepwood, Kingswag@Deepwood, Nuclearfromthenorth@Deepwood
    Koreanrektingcrew@deepwood, Dcutter@deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by MusclPig View Post
    This guide is so nice and flawless. This will bring you a good dps spec which is very easy and strong.
    Yo mate, I'm using similar spec you posted as you can see I suggested using sabotage run on previous pages after scattered flurry change but that supposed change somehow reverted so putting only 1 point on scattered flurry is dps increase since you are proccing more hellfire blades with it, you can basically move 1 point from Combat wounds to Scattered flurry, other than we use almost similar macros etc didn't expect people to use seperate buttons for non cooldown spams too.

This is basically good spec for slacking on 1st boss too
    Last edited by aileen; 02-22-2018 at 08:29 AM.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    GCDDisplay - Tweaked a simple way to track your gcd.
    RiftMeter for 4.3, Last update: 07/12/2017
    Some Gadgets tweaks,Updated BiSCaL for 4.3
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Quote Originally Posted by MusclPig View Post

But I want to supplement it for min/max of this spec. Because original guide is focusing more on entering this than min/max. And I want to say min/max of it has reasonable gap between just 1key spamming.

For min/max, you need to know what is pros of this spec to 61 NB.

There is only one pros - it has nice AOE cleaving than 61NB and has quite good ST dps too. So this spec suits so well with most of this expansion raid.

But, except cleaving, 61 NB is the better choice for overall purpose. Higher ST, Higher stable dps(54 has better burst but only for less than 1.5min). Even better for ragne dps if you can stay in 20m.

So, I'll suppose that some cleaving situation (like BOS 2nd boss or 3rd boss) and write about min/max of this spec.

I quote this from original. This is the all about min/max this spec.

OK. I start from here.

For min/max, there are some conditions for it - High-geared equipments. : At least 6th eternal weapon. enough cp. and the trinket Eye of Omnox.

I use slightly different spec and different macro for this spec.

https://imgur.com/TSaMTdh

and some more macros.

[1min cooldown macro]

#show Living flame
    use Reliquary of Rage
    use Visionary Bottle of Critical Strikes
    cast Final Countdown
    cast Hellfire Blades
    cast Living Flame
    cast Touch of Darkness
    cast Detonate
    cast Dusk to Dawn
    cast Death from the Shadows
    cast Satchel Charge
    cast Scatter Sticky Bomb
    cast Flame Blitz
    cast Flame Thrust
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Twilight Force
    cast Fiery Spike
    cast Fading Light
    cast Break Free

[30sec cooldown and spam macro - without DFTS]

#show Hellfire Blades
    cast Hellfire Blades
    cast Detonate
    cast Satchel Charge
    cast Dusk to Dawn
    cast Scatter Sticky Bomb
    cast Flame Blitz
    cast Flame Thrust
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Twilight Force
    cast Fiery Spike
    cast Fading Light
    cast Break Free

[Spam macro without any cooldown - you don't need this macro usually but I use this when I want to delay my cooldowns for some reasons]

#show Detonate
    cast Detonate
    cast Satchel Charge
    cast Dusk to Dawn
    cast Scatter Sticky Bomb
    cast Flame Blitz
    cast Flame Thrust
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Twilight Force
    cast Fiery Spike
    cast Fading Light
    cast Break Free

[1.5 min additional Dark melady - fit this to your third HFB, fourth living flame, tenth HFB and 7th HFB. It will sink with your omnox proc. Use this before your HFB, PIG, LF, and ToD (1:30, 3:00, 4:30, 6:00, 7:30 then quit the raid)]

#show Sabotage Run
    cast Dark Malady
    cast Sabotage Run

[Seperate keys - Stealth, Flame blitz, Scourge of darkness, Death from the shadow, Time Bomb, Planar variation(as I told above, this spec is optimized for cleaving so PV is much better than manipulation. And it's better even for ST dps if you sink with your other cooldowns.)]

Basic ST rotation :

https://imgur.com/RANo3lo

Cast PV after you cast Living Flame.

Cast Flame Bitz only when your Fiery Spike stacks fell off. But, for not delaying your cooldowns, just using with HFB is better than trying to keep using it (for preventing any mistake).

Cast Time Bomb freely. but when it's available for reactive only. I use this usually for making 5 combo points for Scourge of darkness.

Casting Scourge of Darkness when your Final countdown on is slightly gain. Don't miss it. Except it, it's free to use.

When your 30sec cooldown, you must cast two Flame blitz during HFB and proc it 10 times. This is the key for min/max. And this is the reason I removed DFTS from my 30sec cooldown spam.

HFB has 15sec duration and Fiery Spike dot's duration is 10sec. You must cast Flame Blitz after FS stacks totally falls off and FB shoots Fiery Spike 1sec after FB casted. This means you need to use Flame Blitz really tightly. Only 1~2sec are available for it. Practice it!

You don't need to care this when you're using 1min cooldowns. Living flame anyway prevents you from making 10 procs.

For maximizing AOE, almost same as ST but. add this.

Trying to find a target without any fiery spike stacks. then cast Flame blitz on it. It will proc another 5 Hellfire blades x (targets around you).

This is the difference between min/max and 1key spamming on ST. it's only about 10% but this gap will be much bigger for cleaving.

https://imgur.com/FzLVLmi

Done. Thank you for making a good spec. very useful on BOS.

54nb usually does more based on mechanics as well unless your very familiar with your 61nb rotation. In our current tier raid I only use 61nb on the second boss because we go range and you can really take advantage of your increase dps at 30% and below. You can pull only slightly more dps on first boss and some of this is dependant on how many times you get missile storm.
    Misses MrWidoes 😔

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    Yo mate, I'm using similar spec you posted as you can see I suggested using sabotage run on previous pages after scattered flurry change but that supposed change somehow reverted so putting only 1 point on scattered flurry is dps increase since you are proccing more hellfire blades with it, you can basically move 1 point from Combat wounds to Scattered flurry, other than we use almost similar macros etc didn't expect people to use seperate buttons for non cooldown spams too.

This is basically good spec for slacking on 1st boss too

Oh. you're right. I didn't check previous page so missed your post. and yeah. your spec is much better. thank you haha.
    <Unicef>
    Musclepig@Deepwood, Kingswag@Deepwood, Nuclearfromthenorth@Deepwood
    Koreanrektingcrew@deepwood, Dcutter@deepwood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6