Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    This

If your charges bug
    How can you tell this has happened?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gibblet View Post
    How can you tell this has happened?
    When you don't have the buff called "charge" on you.
    It will fail to stack and you can go into combat with 0 charge which means zero bombs for you.

The way to fix this is switch to a different spec then back.

Soulwalker

(deleted post)
    Last edited by Narglfrob; 07-28-2017 at 05:11 AM.

Shadowlander

First thanks for all the work on the builds!
    Coming back after a break, is this build still viable? It's now Oct 2017? Can't remember how fast the updates change things, so thought I would ask before trying it out. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by SafraLynn View Post
    Coming back after a break, is this build still viable? It's now Oct 2017? Can't remember how fast the updates change things, so thought I would ask before trying it out. Thanks again.
    Yea still viable. Check it out. I use this more than 61nb with eternal fully upgraded now.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    Yea still viable. Check it out. I use this more than 61nb with eternal fully upgraded now.
    Thanks Poshy, setting it up now.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by SafraLynn View Post
    This spec is still viable, just beware that when there are no other adds for satchel charge to cleave, (in pure single target fights), when played optimally you will run out of charge about 60-70 seconds in and your sustain will drop a bit.

For longer sustained fights I suggest playing 61nb instead.
    This spec is best used for cleaving fights and make sure your satchel target doesn't die too quickly.

Shadowlander

Thanks FateStayNight.

This is still a fun build for cruising around as a rogue (heck, even top rogues are spotted using it occasionally). I have a couple queries though:

1) In trash packs (like the 6 birds in High Priest) does it pay to flameblitz different sections of the pack? By this I mean flameblitz a mob, target an unspiked (i.e. no fiery spike) mob and flameblitz again. I have experimented with this from time to time, and it feels like it does help, but maybe it is the pounding noise of the fiery spikes hitting that simply gives that impression. Given the spikiness of the damage on short fights, it is hard to tell.

2) Malanon tends to "bug" out the builder (not really a bug I guess, but it messes with it). I don't know if this is something with Mal's hit box (lack of it?) or something else, but I guess it relates to the fact that you can't hit him with certain abilities (like twin cleave in bladedancer, for example, which I found out months ago). It seems the spam macro drops down to dusk strike, creating stacks of emptiness which stack and drain you to the point most abilities don't fire anymore. The only work around seems to be to back off for a few GCDs and let energy grow, but soon enough you drop back into the energy drain death spiral. I trialled dropping dusk strike out of the macro, but that just seems to create a lot of "stuttering" where no abilities appear to fire. Is there a way to clear emptiness stacks in this build?
    Last edited by Linolea; 10-22-2017 at 09:03 PM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Plane Touched

1) yes. Originally there was an interaction between legendary flame blitz and Enkindle where if you only gut one point into enkindle so you maxed at 4 stacks of fiery spike flameblitz would always fire off the exrtra fiery spikes. That was a huge dps boost so it got changed. In short its worth it becuase your basically getting that old interaction by using more effort. That mainly applies to if your killing all the birds your milage will vary depending on how many birds you kill..... the less birds your raid kills the more dps is just being wasted.

2) your most likely losing all charges so you can't spam the cheap builders from sab (bombs/detonate) that is why your using the nb abilities and getting energy starved.

As people have pointed out above the spec is best used to short fights or fights with a lot of cleave. Pure st its better to use 61NB.

To add to 2) it may be because you have l satchel charge in your spam macro and fire it off on birds or pillar which goes down in seconds, hence preventing the satchel charge to recharge charges (just a guess havent played this spec but I figure it Will be useful in T2?)
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

(4/4 IRotP ~ 4/4 TD NM)
    (3/3 BoS)

After the change on scattered flurry because it was procing weapon enhancements and was only reason to go for it, i think most logical option to move that 1 point allocated on it over sabotage run and cast dark malady with it, which is granting player 1.5 minutes cooldown to cast dark malady again.

Since sabotage run is not switching to stealth bar you can use below macro for casting dark malady with it or can put dark malady on other button etc.

#show Sabotage Run
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sabotage Run
    cast Dark Malady
    Last edited by aileen; 10-31-2017 at 04:56 AM.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    GCDDisplay - Tweaked a simple way to track your gcd.
    RiftMeter for 4.3, Last update: 07/12/2017
    Some Gadgets tweaks,Updated BiSCaL for 4.3
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    After the change on scattered flurry because it was procing weapon enhancements and was only reason to go for it, i think most logical option to move that 1 point allocated on it over sabotage run and cast dark malady with it, which is granting player 1.5 minutes cooldown to cast dark malady again.

Since sabotage run is not switching to stealth bar you can use below macro for casting dark malady with it or can put dark malady on other button etc.
    Nice catch man.

Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    Nice catch man.
    At the moment scattered flurry still proccing stuff so that hotfix either didn't make it live or that change not pushed, so unless that clearly changed scattered flurry still reliable so when that change really applied above suggestion i did must be more reliable
    Last edited by aileen; 10-31-2017 at 09:32 AM.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    GCDDisplay - Tweaked a simple way to track your gcd.
    RiftMeter for 4.3, Last update: 07/12/2017
    Some Gadgets tweaks,Updated BiSCaL for 4.3
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Telaran

is the build with scattered flurry still working?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast