+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: [4.1] 61 Marksman Deadeye Style (2-button)

Ascendant

Default [4.1] 61 Marksman Deadeye Style (2-button)

Spoiler!

Spec:

61 Marksman/ 8 Nightblade / 7 Ranger

Legendary Abilities:

Free Recoil (Marksman)
    Deadeye Shot (Marksman)
    Calculated Shot (Marksman)
    Hellfire Blades (Nightblade)
    Call: Razorbeast (Ranger)

Long Term Self Buffs:

Predatory Instincts (Ranger)
    Silver Tip Munition (Marksman)
    Static Shock Munition (Marksman)
    Free Recoil (Marksman)
    Ranged Combat Mastery (Marksman)

Builder Macro:

#show Empowered Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @self Energy Manipulation
    cast Call: Razorbeast
    cast Hellfire Blades
    cast Calculated Shot
    cast Lightning Fury
    cast Strafe
    cast Swift Shot
    cast Empowered Shot

*cast On the Double
    *cast Fading Light
    *cast Break Free

* in gray texts are optional takes out the * if you want to leave it in.

Finisher Macro:

#show Rapid Fire Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Bull's Eye
    cast Call: Razorbeast
    cast Hellfire Blades
    cast @self Energy Manipulation
    cast Rapid Fire Shot
    cast Empowered Shot
    cast Deadeye Shot

*cast On the Double
    *cast Fading Light
    *cast Break Free

* in gray texts are optional takes out the * if you want to leave it in.

Standalone Abilities:

Sentry Battery
    Barbed Shot

Rotation:

1. Keep up Barbed Shot. (once every 15s)

2. Mesh Builder Macro until 5 combo points

3. Use Finisher Macro

Repeat, refresh Barbed Shot as necessary.

[Optional] Fully Channel Sentry Battery at the last second of Bull's Eye.

Here's my quick parse on dimension dummy self buffed no consumables.
    (For reference I do regular "traditional" marksman for around 620k-640k, this spec is around 5%-8% lower than fully fledged completely self managed 61 marksman using legendary RFS)

[4.1] 61 Marksman Deadeye Style (2-button)-hfbuff.jpg

Enjoy.

Note:

1. You can min/max this spec by taking legendary fiery spike over Hellfire blade for a very minor gain. At the cost of 1 extra button for you to manage to use at the opportune time.

2. You can min/max this spec by using Planar Variation for a very minor gain. At the cost of 1 extra button for you to manage to use at the opportune time.

3. You can min/max this spec by using a standalone Bull's Eye block for a very minor gain. At the cost of 1 extra button for you to manage to use at the opportune time.

... and so on yadiyada...

This spec is purposely made so you can spam 2 buttons 90% of the time and still be competitive and still offers the option to min/max if you feel like up to the challenge without completely changing the pacing of the build (like RFS turning marksman into a caster and spend half of the fight channeling stuff). Also as a little bonus you won't feel getting ripped off when you have to interrupt an enemy or purge something while your rapid fire shot channeling is still going.

Actually this spec is so close to the standard 61mm/10ranger/5nb yet requiring only 1/3 the buttons and no janky timing necessary trying to match RFS channels with fiery spike and barbed shot debuff.
    And unlike the normal MM where its channeling half of the fight, this plays much more in line with classic marksman.

Also this style of marksman is also infinitely better in PvP than the RFS version because it's quick brutal and can actually burst.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [4.1] 61 Marksman Deadeye Style (2-button)-61mmdes.jpg  
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 05-31-2017 at 03:22 PM.

Easy spec for new players, could be interesting to give that to rogues when they have to focus on purges or interrupt.
    I like the idea that you can take spells out of macro of just change a few points in the spec to make it better. Players could learn how to handle a good dps cycle at their own paste.

+1

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kreezhem View Post
    Easy spec for new players, could be interesting to give that to rogues when they have to focus on purges or interrupt.
    One thing great about not having to spend half of the fight channeling rapid fire shot is you can interrupt anytime while taking 0 dps loss.

Oh and if playing legendary rapid fire shot version, clipping RFS channel is a severe dps loss... so don't do it just let the tank die or mushrooms everywhere!!!
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 05-28-2017 at 06:57 AM.

Might wanna add: this build is competitive because of eternal weapon proc. *looks at static shock munition and hellfire blades*

But yay, now i've got my golems purge ggez spec

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    Might wanna add: this build is competitive because of eternal weapon proc. *looks at static shock munition and hellfire blades*

But yay, now i've got my golems purge ggez spec
    Yes, but eternal procs buffs the static munition the same way even for regular Rapid Fire Shot version of Marksman. As this spec use exactly the same self buffs as the standard marksman, only switching NB legendaries which means regular standard marksman could also use hellfire blades if they choose not to use fiery spike.

The core reason is since we are not channeling there's simply more static munitions being activated due to the nature of not having to spend the majority of time channeling RFS which only procs these once on the first tick.

As for hellfire blades, legendary fiery spike is still a dps gain over hellfire blades even accounting the eternal procs (at least until the hellfire blades buff kicks in). I chose hellfire blade because it eliminates 1 whole button and I am sure you know why I did it too (to give new players an easier time to play this spec and put out competitive numbers from range).

The eternal procs did help closing the dps deficiency of hellfire blades compare to the more superior fiery spike.
    Well maintained fiery spike provides around 45k dps while hellfire blades provides around 30k.

And as I said players could easily swap legendary hellfire to legendary fiery spike, use 1 extra macro and achieve around ~2.5% dps gain provided that fiery spike is well maintained.

Players could also use PV instead for their Lv65 mastery for around 2% gain (again adding 1 more button used once a minute)

Lastly, well placed Sentry Battery also provides a ~3% gain if used while snapshotting bull's eye.

Targeting Telemetry (the double channel tick) will be up 100% of the time naturally from spamming builder macro.

I will let players decide what they want to do.

Also there's another way to play this spec so there's zero channeling involved at all by not taking Legendary Calculated Shot, and use both Legendary fiery spike as well as hellfire blades by moving points off ranger and put in NB, but at further dps loss.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 05-28-2017 at 03:52 PM.

It's a DPS gain to add Strafe right on top of Swift shot into your Builder Macro.
    Tracking the cooldown of Rapid Fire Shot and double clicking finisher macro when Rapid fire shot is up can fast-cast two finishers in a row.

So the opener looks something like this: (feel free to tag it into your post)

Barbed Shot -> Builder Macro (until Calculated shot is applied) -> Double finishers (RFS+DES) -> Strafe (clip) -> Sentry Battery ....

With this method, it is definitely really close to traditional MM (RFS channeling), after hellfire blades buff next week, it might even be ahead.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 07-06-2017 at 03:36 AM.

Ascendant

It's a DPS gain to add Strafe right on top of Swift shot into your Builder Macro.
    Tracking the cooldown of Rapid Fire Shot and double clicking finisher macro when Rapid fire shot is up can fast-cast two finishers in a row.

So the opener looks something like this: (feel free to tag it into your post)

Barbed Shot -> Builder Macro (until Calculated shot is applied) -> Double finishers (RFS+DES) -> Strafe (clip) -> Sentry Battery ....

With this method, it is definitely really close to traditional MM (RFS channeling), after hellfire blades buff next week, it might even be ahead.
    Yep thanks I will throw in strafe in spam.

The finisher triple tap is actually how I played it to achieve the numbers and why I have the empower shot stuck in between RFS and DES in finisher spam macro(yes i know it shouldn't really matter but I just did it anyways lol) and yes each time when RFS comes off CD you spam finisher macro until DES fires I am just too lazy to explain in the rotation section because I am sure people with no idea might spam it and end up doing a 3 point DES which is quite a big of dps loss especially when the 3pt DES fails to proc the next instant empowered shot.

But yes it usually saves a GCD by spamming finisher macro *when RFS is up* so you actually do RFS-Empowered-Deadey-Empowerd which actually bursts quite hard.

I am pretty sure after hellfire blades buff this deadeye shot build might pass the traditional RFS channeling especially if you have extremely high CP since Deadeye shots pretty much automatically crit for the sweet 5x as well as no channeling means much more hellfire blades procs.

I am just trying to keep this spec as easy as possible and I was satisfied with how competitive this build does compare to the traditional marksman with channeling RFS + channeling PV + self managing fiery spike + self managing bull's eye block, while trying to keep the spec as close to 2 buttons as possible... since we have lost the 1-button sabman.

Thanks for the feedback will add strafe to the builder spam macro and probably throw in break free and stuff too

And thanks for showing your key presses 23333334444444333333344444333334444442 just the way I like it.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 05-28-2017 at 09:09 PM.

After some testing with different gear, it's worth noticing that playing this spec with low CP or low Crit is a huge dps loss. If you don't have at least 35% crit chance and 20%+ CP your Deadeye Shot damage will be too low.
    Once near the 40% crit chance selfbuff, if you add 5% crit, dexterity boost from raid buffs, you get close to 90-95% crit and I feel that it might get even better than standard MM.

I also realized that Eternal weapon benefits this spec much more than standard MM. I guess that with the IROTP upgrade this spec will become the best MM spec.
    Last edited by Kreezhem; 05-28-2017 at 11:51 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kreezhem View Post
    After some testing with different gear, it's worth noticing that playing this spec with low CP or low Crit is a huge dps loss. If you don't have at least 35% crit chance and 20%+ CP your Deadeye Shot damage will be too low.
    Once near the 40% crit chance selfbuff, if you add 5% crit, dexterity boost from raid buffs, you get close to 90-95% crit and I feel that it might get even better than standard MM.

I also realized that Eternal weapon benefits this spec much more than standard MM. I guess that with the IROTP upgrade this spec will become the best MM spec.

I do have high CP, with TD/IRotP mixed gear self buffed NO consumable whatsoever and no super secret support buffing me... and out of the 3.5 minute parses I showed above, Deadeye Shot has 100% crit rate.

And after looking at huangchingho's video each and every single one of his DES crit'ed as well.

Id say if your CP is below 20% and has expert gear bad fragments maybe try regular marksman.

This spec definitely scales hard with crit power.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 05-29-2017 at 04:15 AM.

To have 100% crit you on DS need a basic crit rate of 50% right ?
    Also i'm just taking about the raid buff so player know that this spec benefit highly of the 5% crit buff since DS get 10% crit out of it.

My gear isn't excellent, but I myself can pull out a 93% crit rate on DS, so it's a 100% in raid with buffs.
    Last edited by Kreezhem; 05-29-2017 at 04:13 AM.

You can also make some adjustments to your soultree attribution as Combo point builders roughly account for 45% overall DPS and finishers only account for 34%:

So if you switch your Coup De Grace 3/5

to Blazing Fury 3/5

You will get a 0.7115541398061843% overall DPS increase.

Some calculations from your dummy parse:

Your combo point builder DPS: 276053*(1+6%)=292616.18
    Your finisher DPS: 205503*(1-6%)=193172.82
    Your statics/procs DPS: 113339 (unchanged)

Outcome (total DPS): 292616.18+193172.82+113339= 599128 OR 599.13k DPS (from 594895 OR 594.9k DPS)
    Last edited by huangchingho; 05-29-2017 at 05:43 PM.

Ascendant

You can also make some adjustments to your soultree attribution as Combo point builders roughly account for 45% overall DPS and finishers only account for 34%:

to Blazing Fury 3/5

Outcome (total DPS): 292616.18+193172.82+113339= 599128 OR 599.13k DPS (from 594895 OR 594.9k DPS)
    Thanks for the feedbacks again, I have made the talent change. I made the initial talents that gives as high tooltip as possible on my deadeye shot since it's automatically guaranteed to crit nature for the burst purpose and I made the built to PvP as RFS channeling is pretty cancer in PvP and doesnt really kill **** if they have any kind of healing with those 8k ticks from the channel...

In PvP you are usually killing people at the point of double finisher tap as well as your deadeye burst, using 3/5 finisher will cause slightly higher burst which I feel is more important in PvP. Burst dps is the best dps in PvP.

Nevertheless 3/5 builder damage should provide the highest sustained dps.

Ascendant

With the hellfire blades change that came in today (5/31/2017)

Here's the updated parse.

[4.1] 61 Marksman Deadeye Style (2-button)-hfbuff.jpg

Rift Disciple

very good definitely, tried the build and the dps is good.
    this is because with raid mechanics it could be difficult to do the rotation and react properly, and connection lag can also influence it, and with less things to do you can be more reactive and do even more dps than the normal rotation!
    +1

Soulwalker

to Blazing Fury 3/5

If this build is builder-heavy for damage, you can gain some more dps by using the Brutish Crystal over the Martial Crystal. Brutish gives +5% base weapon damage to all Builders whereas Martial gives +5% damage to Finishers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast