+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: [4.1] 61 Marksman Deadeye Style (2-button)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Lucos View Post
    If this build is builder-heavy for damage, you can gain some more dps by using the Brutish Crystal over the Martial Crystal. Brutish gives +5% base weapon damage to all Builders whereas Martial gives +5% damage to Finishers.
    The 1000 extra AP is pretty big bump. So martial crystal should be better.

Tho I personally run 3/5 blazing fury for finisher damage for PvP, I am pretty sure the builder talent will net overall higher dps.

Also there's very little reason to play legendary RFS version (not counting the RFS stacking bug) now with the hellfire blade buff.

Deadeye style is also far superior in PvP compare to the traditional (for ranged PvP ofc, unless you are into the whole derp assassin ganking).

Using hellfire blades Deadeye style also can burst AoE pretty well. You can "sustain" around 1.0-1.2 million on 6 target using marksman with well timed hellfire blades as well.

Might have missed it in the comments somewhere but when are you using sentry battery in you're rotation?
    Angelinajolie - Missnasty - Dayzedd
    Crisis Crusade
    RIP Defer Death
    Greybriar
    Basic 4.2 Warlock Guide

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by dayzed View Post
    Might have missed it in the comments somewhere but when are you using sentry battery in you're rotation?
    You dont have to use it, its very minor gain, but if you want you use it at the last second as bull's eye is falling off.

Soulwalker

Default I can't find Fading Light anywhere.

I checked all of my abilities. I made a macro. It shows a red and black striped shirt, but won't attack the practice dummy. I'm only a 65, could that be the problem. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryDelmonico View Post
    I checked all of my abilities. I made a macro. It shows a red and black striped shirt, but won't attack the practice dummy. I'm only a 65, could that be the problem. Thanks.
    Fading Light is a Planar Attunement ability. Comes from the Dusk tree.
    R.I.P.

Rift Chaser

whats the AOE for this build?

Question

Hello I can not speak English, which means "cast Fading Light" in German? I can not find it. Thanks for an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceserea View Post
    Hello I can not speak English, which means "cast Fading Light" in German? I can not find it. Thanks for an answer.
    Idk what it's called in German

But you can find it in Planar Attunement here:

Nixia@Greybriar (and Laethys)

I am returning qafter a really long departure from the game. I have the level 65 bump, however the macro seems to work 66+. Anyone able to help me edit the macro to be useful at 65? My dps is aweful with this build and i keep getting "unknown command" errors.

tyia
    486 DX2
    4MB RAM
    3.5 and 5 1/4 Floppy
    Voodoo Video Card
    14in monitor VGA 256k
    28.8 Modem

Ascendant

The spec is meant to be used at level cap as rogue's highest fully ranged spec. Even tho Marksman is still not on par against other classes ranged spec like Vulcanist or Inquisitor, the Deadeye Marksman is pretty much the highest ranged spec Rogues got.

This is not meant for leveling, Ranger while being the weakest dps soul in Rift, still suffice as a easy leveling spec that you can just sit back and push button and stuff die, albeit slowly. Or look into Bladedancer for more efficient leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    The spec is meant to be used at level cap as rogue's highest fully ranged spec. Even tho Marksman is still not on par against other classes ranged spec like Vulcanist or Inquisitor, the Deadeye Marksman is pretty much the highest ranged spec Rogues got.
    NB played range is still better than MM but it has a 20 range on some spells. Except for the purge there is currently no reasons to play MM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kreezhem View Post
    NB played range is still better than MM but it has a 20 range on some spells. Except for the purge there is currently no reasons to play MM.
    MM will beat NB if NB never enters the melee range ie. as I mentioned "fully ranged spec".

But yes NB will out-preform MM in almost every PvE content and NB or NB Hybrids are pretty much the only thing rogues have that's competitive in single target dps.

But my reply was for the guy with leveling question after all. Look into Ranger or BD for leveling.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 08-07-2017 at 07:38 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Not For Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Kreezhem View Post
    After some testing with different gear, it's worth noticing that playing this spec with low CP or low Crit is a huge dps loss. If you don't have at least 35% crit chance and 20%+ CP your Deadeye Shot damage will be too low.
    Once near the 40% crit chance selfbuff, if you add 5% crit, dexterity boost from raid buffs, you get close to 90-95% crit and I feel that it might get even better than standard MM.

I also realized that Eternal weapon benefits this spec much more than standard MM. I guess that with the IROTP upgrade this spec will become the best MM spec.
    ^^ this hits the spot accurately - the Rift devs needs to adjust this talent for fresh level 70s - this build isn't for beginners, if you are a fresh 70 MM, you'd be lucky to have even 20% crit, with some crafted blues, chon helmet & bow, legendary weapon at level 3, frags at mid-level you will hardly reach 30% crit.

Unless the Rift devs make changes and improve this talent (legendary Deadeye Shot) you should stay away from this build as a beginner.

The beginner spec - low gear to do is Assassin. Easy to play, versatile and highest dps spec without eternal.

Default Post-patch RIFT 4.2: Hotfix #5 8/9/2017

MARKSMAN
    * Legendary Deadeye Shot critical bonus damage reduced to 3.5x. Changed where this damage bonus is calculated to reduce its impact in certain cases.
    * Legendary Calculated shot now also increases the damage of Channels by 20% while active.
    After this change, Deadeye Shot and Legendary Deadeye Shot does not show a noticeable difference for me on dummy parses. Therefore, for most people with mediocre CP, Deadeye Shot is better off with the normal version instead of the legendary version. But in raids, Legendary Deadeye Shot will get 100% crit chance, therefore roughly 10% higher than normal version Deadeye Shot for endgame gears. BUT, it's still 5-10% worse than Marksman with legendary Rapid Fire Shot.

Here are the short parses for comparison:

MM RFS: (around 720k-745k DPS)
    Spoiler!

MM DES: (Assuming DES will be 100% crit in a regular raid setup, it'd account for 152.21k DPS which adds 29.31k to current parse = 719k DPS)
    Spoiler!

Conclusion:

Despite drastically different playstyles and difficulties. There are pros and cons for each style, RFS style is better for pure ranged ST but target-swapping loses a bit DPS due to Fiery Spike (1GCD). DES style is better for general ranged ST, passive cleave is a plus, I have been using this for Raid Rifts, it's still the best open world PvE spec for rogue, with 35m range and capability of cleaving and competitive ST dps.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 08-09-2017 at 11:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast