+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By huangchingho
  • 1 Post By Canthh

Thread: [4.1] Rangerman - 41MM/27 Ranger/8 Nightblade (Ranged AoE burst DPS Spec)

Default [4.1] Rangerman - 41MM/35 Ranger (Ranged AoE Spec)

Welcome to One Button Rangerman

If you are one button fanatic, you came to the right place at the right time.

Rangerman is a full area-of-effect damage dealing spec, so do not use this on single target fights.
    After the rework of Ranger's Rain of Arrows, this spec became the BiS AOE (8-target) spec for Rogue, superior to Bladedancer, Nightblade and Saboteur. Why?

It's better than Bladedancer because dances are now reduced to 4 targets. It's still the best AoE soul for specifically 3-4 target encounters.

Nightborn (NB) is meant for melee passive cleave, cleaving 4-targets near your primary target.

Saboteur (8-target cleave) however relies on Legendary Satchel Charge to gain Chemical Mixture in order to maximize it's potential for Cloud maker spams, it's not meant for clearing multiple groups of trash mobs. Once you put Legendary Satchel Charge on cooldown, you are unable to deal enough damage (to be an AOE DPSer).

Soulpoints:

Buffs:

Spam Macro: (First three lines are all break free abilities, remove // if you want them to be in your spam macro)

Spoiler!

Spam Cooldowns Macro [1min]: (First three lines are break frees, Dessication is a PA abilty that grants 1000 attack power)
    Spoiler!

Instant pet summon macro:
    Spoiler!

Must-use abilities that do not require macroing:

1. Shadow Fire

2. Head Shot

3. Shadow Shift

4. Trick Shot

An example of action bar setup:

KAlert to track cooldowns:
    Spoiler!

Opening Rotation:

(Preload Shadow Shift by flashing backwards, it ramps up over 60s) ->
    Shadow Fire -> Shadow Shift (Flash through your targets) -> Head Shot -> Trick Shot (for 5% damage) -> Spam Cooldowns Macro (Planar Variation should be used before Bull's Eye ends) -> Spam Macro (until cooldowns come back up, and repeat the above rotations, starting from Shadow Shift)

Tips:

- Important: Preload Shadow Shift (See reactive action bar) and use it once a minute just before using your cooldowns. (Head Shot -> Trick Shot -> Shadow Shift -> Cooldowns)
    - Refresh Bestial Fury by using Head Shot once a minute.
    - Use Trick Shot to enhance your 1-min cooldowns. (only use it once a minute, DPS loss if used regularly)
    - Keep track of the Kalert while spamming your macro, do not delay or wait till the last second for Rain of Arrows, spam your macro in advance, sometimes you need two more GCD, Lightning Fury, Calculated Shot, then Rain of Arrows.
    - Snapshot channeling abilities for damaging buffs
    - Shadow Fire can be neglected after the first cast since it's 2s cast.
    - Deaden is your interrupt ability.
    - Use Rapid Fire Shot on 1-target if there aren't multiple targets around.

Short 8-target dummy Parse Breakdown:

Note: Your parse should look quite similar if you play Rangerman correctly, for longer parses:
    Rain of Arrows should be topping your parse, next should be Planar Variation, then Chain Destruction, Through the ether (64 Mastery) ≥ Shadow Shift

Enjoy!!
    Last edited by huangchingho; 04-14-2017 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Updated for 4.1 Rain of arrows rework

Soulwalker

Default Wanted to say thanks

Greatly appreciate all your guides Huang for us slackers Any thoughts on a 1-3 button to replace Sabman for 4.1?

Default addon

Post delete
    Last edited by Ceserea; 02-18-2018 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceserea View Post
    @ huangchingho Why did you strengthen Rapidfire Shot when you did not list the shot, or did you forget it?
    The one with the Chain Destruction does not work, it is permanently shot down with me, I play on a German server.

I do not know where you play, I play in Germany and with me does not work so, I get the error message:
    Prerequisites not fulfilled.

I'm sorry, maybe you rework this again. There is something wrong with the Rouge Mastery in the second row.
    I take legendary RFS because there is nothing else that can enhances the DPS of this build, I kinda hope that Trion completely remove Legendary Deadeye Shot and make a legendary Chain Destruction just to add some options for a more AOE-focused build (even Ranger has cleave options). Well, a man can dream, right?
    But, yea Legendary RFS should only be used on 1-target, just because it's slightly better than the spam macro.

I play on the NA cluster. The addon is called "Gadgets", if you look into the settings you can add "Buff bars".

These are just the essentials one that I am currently using:

In combat it looks something like:
    Spoiler!

Just get creative with your UIs!
    Last edited by huangchingho; 04-10-2017 at 05:29 PM.

You could just rearrange 61 MM off souls to pick up Hellfire Blades and do the same thing, but better.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Question

Post delete
    Last edited by Ceserea; 02-18-2018 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    You could just rearrange 61 MM off souls to pick up Hellfire Blades and do the same thing, but better.
    Apparently, after the rain of arrows rework, rangerman is better than one button sab, I'd say this is one of the top parsing AOE specs for rogue atm. The spec is 41MM/35Ranger btw. Just thoerycrafting here, it can honestly go higher, Planar Variation, Rain of Arrows, and Chain destruction all benefit from Legendary Calculated Shot's double-ticking channels.

Last edited by huangchingho; 04-11-2017 at 04:22 AM.

Unhappy

Post delete
    Last edited by Ceserea; 02-18-2018 at 12:36 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ceserea View Post
    On the DPS I am not yet. Because I do not have the time to be eternal to Raiden and also in no raid guild. And also did not have the armor like you. At 4.0 I have done much more DPS than now at 4.1.
    Just get used to the grind, since TD each and every single one TD I did was pugged.
    No raid guild carrying ez mode for me.
    Same for my eternal weapon.

This spec is working pretty well, and if you liked 1 button sabman this one (44/35) will be pretty easy to pick up as well.
    The AoE burst is pretty good for a single target spec as long as you don't compare yourself to primalist warrior passive cleave uber single target overlords. At least it's a fully ranged spec like the other dps demigods.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 04-11-2017 at 01:19 PM.

Updated for 4.1's Rain of arrows rework. Please re-read the entire guide. You probably need to setup the spec from fresh start.

Rangerman is a very interesting Marksman/Ranger hybrid spec that deals great AOE DPS. Once you get along with this spec, you'll find fun with the synergy between the two oldschool ranged souls.

I must be missing something, but where does the 5% buff from Trick Shot come from?
    Slyfin@Greybriar | Tarsiel@Laethys

Quote Originally Posted by Slyfin View Post
    I must be missing something, but where does the 5% buff from Trick Shot come from?
    If you have blood raptor summoned, trick shot grants you a buff called Raptor's Ferocity which gives you 5% increased damage for 15 seconds. (same goes for Ace shot from 41 point in Ranger, its the same buff)
    Last edited by huangchingho; 04-13-2017 at 03:46 AM.

Plane Touched

hi,
    i noticed that putting 0 pt assassin with legendary virulent poison, is a decent DPS increase for me, and the fact that i don't have to teleport into (and retreat from) mobs helps me a lot!
    cheers

+ Reply to Thread