+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: [4.1] Tactbard PvE Guide - 40 Bard/ 36 Tactician (Heal/Support spec)

Default [4.2] Tactbard PvE Guide - 40 Bard/ 36 Tactician (Raid Heal/Support spec)

Welcome to Tactbard - aka. T.A.R.D the Raid Healing/Support spec in 4.2 Prophecy of Ahnket.
    This spec currently does extremely well in healing any small instances such as SFP expert dungeons, PvP warfronts, as well as Planar Assault/Instant Adventures and future raid contents.

The definition of Tactbard is to provide both offensive buffs/debuffs & defensive buffs to the group/raid while retaining the role as a "Raid Healer".

Your group/raid is in need of a healer? Fear no more, you can heal them as a T.A.R.D.
    Your group/raid only has an archon/beastmaster? No problem, Tactbard can provide the missing Fanfares and Motifs and additionally, Anthem of Glory.
    As you may know, this hybrid support build not only heals for a decent amount but also does decent damage. It also contributes 20k-40k DPS via using damaging combo points builders.

So it's definitely a very strong and fun healing/support spec to heal through SPEs and Planar assaults, and future raids as well.

Though the only drawback of this spec is that you can't have too many people playing it,
    Jk. You can't have another Oracle or Bard overriding your Motifs, as Motif of Regeneration will be your strongest healing ability. There will be no raid shielding though the damage reductions make up for it. Also, these Bard Utilities have been sacrificed for a greater good: Anthem of Fervor, Verse of Joy, Orchestra of the Planes.

Link to comprehensive guide:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Another decent Bard healing spec: Bardphys
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...port-spec.html
    What's the difference between them though?
    Spoiler!

Unique support buffs relevant to Bard:

Spoiler!

If you are looking for a full raid-healing spec or you hate playing bard so badly, go check out Phloromancer!

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post5229073
    Last edited by huangchingho; 08-03-2017 at 02:44 PM.

Default Placeholder

Although, 4.1 hasn't launched yet, Tactician's Curative Engine will be receiving a 125% nerf, but tactician will be having a single-target 1GCD cleanse, an AoE cleanse, and a Battle resurrection.

So feel free to try out Tactbard the T.A.R.D on live, it still functions with the same in terms of rotations.
    (but live 4.0 will be stronger than 4.1)
    Last edited by huangchingho; 03-05-2017 at 08:39 AM.

So perhaps this is just me being a newb since this is my first time playing bard/tact in SFP, but I've looked through all of the tooltips and don't really understand why I'm hitting 6 stacks of motif of regeneration randomly and then having it reset back to 1 (again seemingly at random). Is this part of the build or just a bug?

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    So perhaps this is just me being a newb since this is my first time playing bard/tact in SFP, but I've looked through all of the tooltips and don't really understand why I'm hitting 6 stacks of motif of regeneration randomly and then having it reset back to 1 (again seemingly at random). Is this part of the build or just a bug?
    Getting 6 stacks is a bug. It's supposed to stop at 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

That's good to know. Are the stacks being consumed a bug too or is that from something specific within the spec?
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 03-10-2017 at 03:22 AM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

That's good to know. Are the stacks being consumed a bug too or is that from something specific within the spec?
    Depends on how they're falling off. I haven't played Tactbard, but with Bardphys, you can refresh the 5th stack (or it least that's how I think it was intended), so when the buff runs out, your next cast (not refresh, cast) will put you at 1 stack. Once I get my computer back up and running, I might do some more testing with the stacks. It's honestly one of my biggest frustrations with the spec. If you suddenly need to raid heal and your stacks run out, you have virtually no instant healing for 5 gcds and that can cause issues. I know I had suggested this before, but a legendary Riff on a 1-1:30 CD that applies 5 stacks of regeneration instantly.
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Yeah I couldn't tell what was causing it to go down to 1 stack. it looks like it happens whenever i use curative blast and or curative engine, but only at random times. I can go a full min without going down to 1 stack and other times it does it 16 seconds in.

I use a bard variant when tanking with legendary MoR just because I can and I never have any problems with stacks resetting so that's why I'm a bit confused as to what exactly further into bard is causing it. You said it happens in the phys variant too so I don't think it's anything from phys or tact affecting it.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 03-10-2017 at 03:49 AM.

Yea. Legendary MoR doesn't feel like a well-polished ability for a healer. Because the 6th stack is apparently a bug that is caused by rapidly "stacking or refreshing motifs", for instance 6th stacks MoR often happens during virtuoso and coda spams, and sometimes casting a power cord right after a coda. (It happens to any bard variant that takes legendary MoR).
    However, 5 stack MoR resetting to 1 stack MoR is definitely a frustrating issue. If stacks were to reset after the 5 stack timer expires, we would have a set rotation knowing how to manage and when to manually stack MoR again but instead it randomly drops. It's not just a QoL issue but a major mechanical one. I don't think legendary riff is needed, but QoL changes to Riff or Virtuoso: When legendary MoR is selected, using the cooldown would force MoR to 5 stacks.
    Despite how much HPS a healer can do, healers aren't supposed to have a random amount of downtime like MoR. Raid will wipe in matter of seconds while theres nothing we could do at 6th stack especially for Bardphys. (One of the reasons why purifier is superior to physician in NMT is because of downtime for casting causal treatment that leads to tanks being nuked down.) Although something like Tactbard does not have to rely on MoR to do sustained HPS, it definitely is something that should be fixed.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 03-10-2017 at 04:25 PM.

Yeah I tested the timing on the stacks and it falls off almost exactly after 20 seconds after hitting the 5th stack. No other abilities besides cadenza and power chord used. I posted a separate thread to hopefully get some clarification from a dev in the near future as it's pretty confusing. http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ification.html

Yeah I tested the timing on the stacks and it falls off almost exactly after 20 seconds after hitting the 5th stack. No other abilities besides cadenza and power chord used. I posted a separate thread to hopefully get some clarification from a dev in the near future as it's pretty confusing. http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ification.html
    I was under the impression that that was the intended mechanic. Motif of Regeneration lasts for 20s. Every time it is refreshed, you gain a stack. With a 5 stack limit, the 5th stack doesn't get refreshed and it falls off after 20s. I still haven't gotten a chance to log in but I'll definitely play around with it. To be completely honest, I've spent too much time adjusting the soul tree that I haven't taken the time to watch the motif stacks.
    Last edited by Artewig; 03-10-2017 at 06:02 PM.

I'm fairly sure it's intended as well, but just wanted to be 100% sure is all in case it was something that needed to be looked at.

Soulwalker

So I really enjoy using this build to heal with and am grateful for all this information. However, I just ran into a situation where we needed an extra healer in the raid, making it 2 rogue heals. If that ever happens again, what would be the ideal combo to play if there's already a tact/bard? I've been told "phys/tact," but haven't seen an updated guide with legendaries (and macros cause I'm just not talented enough to figure them out well) for it, so I'd really appreciate everyone's wonderful advice!
    Last edited by Fragile; 06-10-2017 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragile View Post
    So I really enjoy using this build to heal with and am grateful for all this information. However, I just ran into a situation where we needed an extra healer in the raid, making it 2 rogue heals. If that ever happens again, what would be the ideal combo to play if there's already a tact/bard? I've been told "phys/tact," but haven't seen an updated guide with legendaries (and macros cause I'm just not talented enough to figure them out well) for it, so I'd really appreciate everyone's wonderful advice!
    Its situational. Phys/tact can pair with tactbard or physbard. Tactbard has no st heals but it is superior aoe healing. In no circumstance do you want to have 2 rogues with bard in their specs. Ideally it is better to not have 2 rogue healers because rogues have some of the best dps specs and physbard is a great middle ground for healing and supporting. I think all three specs have value, phystact is a great build for beginner groups if you have a ton of rogues but other classes have better options for mitigation. It has decent mitigation and 2 battle rezes. When your grp is more experienced its better to have 1 physbard and another class healing.

Heres the phystact guide. Thanks to the creator!

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post5281272
    Last edited by Poshy; 06-10-2017 at 09:02 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    Its situational. Phys/tact can pair with tactbard or physbard. Tactbard has no st heals but it is superior aoe healing. In no circumstance do you want to have 2 rogues with bard in their specs. Ideally it is better to not have 2 rogue healers because rogues have some of the best dps specs and physbard is a great middle ground for healing and supporting. I think all three specs have value, phystact is a great build for beginner groups if you have a ton of rogues but other classes have better options for mitigation. It has decent mitigation and 2 battle rezes. When your grp is more experienced its better to have 1 physbard and another class healing.

Heres the phystact guide. Thanks to the creator!

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post5281272
    Thanks so much!

I've tried phloromancer and it's pretty good too. 2 BR, and constant heal. Basically it has less shield than phys/tact but it got more HPS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast