+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: [4.1] Tactbard PvE Guide - 40 Bard/ 36 Tactician (Heal/Support spec)

This build seems to have taken a rather hefty nerf with the Motif of Regeneration adjustment in 4.2. Do you think this is still viable or do you reckon there should be better options now?
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

(4/4 IRotP ~ 4/4 TD NM)
    (3/3 BoS)

I talked with a bunch of friends and rogue ''elites'' about it and well i think it will still be viable, but will need to be a lil more tryhard for lets say last boss in irotp etc.
    Thing is with the recent release of the epic trinkets that does awesome stuff, there's a specific one that could buff this spec ''drastically''.

I do not know the name of it but i think it provides +20% increasing heals to everything? cuz if that's the case then i probably imagine that

4.2 tactbard + trinket -> 4.1 tactbard pre-nerf

Soulwalker

The nerf is like 20-25%.
    It's not the OP monther like before that he can overheal everything, but is still very strong.
    In first boss in irotp I pull 210k hps solo heal and 220k in third duo with warden, yesterday in tarjulia nm can't pull more than 175k hps duo with warden.
    But still OP with burst!! Like 250k!
    I think is still the best choice for rogue raid healz!

Tactbard probably still heals the most because of the 40% AP you benefit from Bard talent tree, but there is an extremely annoying QoL issue with Motif of Regeneration, before 4.2 motif nerf, when duration goes below 5s, Motif of Regeneration would refresh from max stacks to 1 stack during Virtuoso and Coda spams, even when it has max stacks (5), but now, Power Chord is the only way to refresh Motif of regeneration (During Virtuoso and Coda spams).

tl;dr, Motif of Regen will now totally drop during Virtuoso and Coda spam unless Power Chord is cast to reapply Motif of Regen after it drops. Therefore, this change broke all the bard heals & 61 bard specs.

It's quite sad to see PvE specs went from on-par to broken/nonviable. But oh welp

If this doesn't get fixed, Virtuoso and Coda spams aren't even worthwhile to cast. Don't even bother with it. (Unless there are no targetable enemies, then it's worth it to precast Virtuoso and Riff, then Spam Coda of Restoration, if Motif of Regen did drop during the process, hardcast Motif of Regen to apply 1 stack and continue to Spam Coda of Restoration until Virtuoso expires).
    Last edited by huangchingho; 07-21-2017 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    Tactbard probably still heals the most, but there is an extremely annoying QoL issue with Motif of Regeneration, before 4.2 motif nerf, when duration goes below 5s, Motif of Regeneration would refresh from max stacks to 1 stack during Virtuoso and Coda spams, even when it has max stacks (5), but now, Power Chord is the only way to refresh Motif of regeneration (During Virtuoso and Coda spams).

tl;dr, Motif of Regen will now totally drop during Virtuoso and Coda spam unless Power Chord is cast to reapply Motif of Regen after it drops. Therefore, this change broke all the bard heals & 61 bard specs.

It's quite sad to see PvE specs went from on-par to broken/nonviable. But oh welp

If this doesn't get fixed, Virtuoso and Coda spams aren't even worthwhile to cast. Don't even bother with it.
    You think it isn't viable? I know it got nerfed a bit but we actually changed from a phys/bard to a tactbard for TD NM last night. Still seems to do well with raid healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    You think it isn't viable? I know it got nerfed a bit but we actually changed from a phys/bard to a tactbard for TD NM last night. Still seems to do well with raid healing.
    It's just so much more annoying to play "Bard specs" now that we have to deal with motif of regen as it is broken and will drop if you use Virtuoso+RIff and Coda spams.
    I guess you can call it "Alternative playstyle to adapt to changes". Just like some DPS specs, you never want to use finishers, and might as well remove them from the action bar to avoid using those abilities, Bard is getting there

It's aggravating and annoying to kill/break a spec (IMO) that works almost flawlessly. Then Uh Oh, please remove your burst macro from your action bar, might as well remove Virtuoso and Riff from the Bard talent tree if that is the playstyle DEVs want players to adapt to.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 07-21-2017 at 06:43 AM.

Shadowlander

Still seems to do well with raid healing.
    +1
    Yeah it worked well in raid last night , i notice Curative Remote did significantly less healing than before. Did they change it ? I haven't see in patch notes.
    Lakiarch@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Laki Arch View Post
    +1
    Yeah it worked well in raid last night , i notice Curative Remote did significantly less healing than before. Did they change it ? I haven't see in patch notes.
    Are you sure it was remote? I have noticed motif being less but thats it. Also less stacks is kinda a good thing when it drops.

+1
    Remote isn't being buffed by Curative Engine anymore (or thats what the tooltip is showing)

Tho I can't remember if it was getting buffed by it previously (pretty sure it was though)
    Last edited by Maltie; 07-21-2017 at 10:15 AM.
    Nixia@Greybriar (and Laethys)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    At this point we're looking more at after summer for really new Live content but that could change depending on how fast the team goes.

Shadowlander

Are you sure it was remote? I have noticed motif being less but thats it. Also less stacks is kinda a good thing when it drops.
    Yeah pretty sure Curative remote was 1st or 2nd top healing skill with Motif before , now it was 4th or 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    Remote isn't being buffed by Curative Engine anymore (or thats what the tooltip is showing)

So Motif and Curative Remote are nerfed for Tactbard spec.
    Lakiarch@Deepwood

So Motif and Curative Remote are nerfed for Tactbard spec.
    Nevermind trion tooltips are trash and never work

So it's still being buffed ~ Trion fix your tooltips
    Last edited by Maltie; 07-21-2017 at 12:18 PM.
    Nixia@Greybriar (and Laethys)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    At this point we're looking more at after summer for really new Live content but that could change depending on how fast the team goes.

Default Updated for 4.2

In order to make Tactbard relevant to 4.2 (if you're looking to solo heal IROTP+TD NM), some minor changes are made to Spot shield+heal macro and the temporary fix regarding Motif of Regen dropping during Virtuoso and Coda spams.

These parts are changed specifically, please refer to the original Google Doc.

For those who want to know why the changes, Planar Variation is required for this build because there are finally *some encounters* that tank(s) will take noticeable spike damages. The Spot-shield Barrier Remote just wasn't enough.

For the changes to burst heal spam macro, it should now be used after Virtuoso + Riff combo, while the previous version contains spamming just Coda of Restoration, now it has been improved with Curative Remote and Power Chord being added to the macro (higher priority than Coda of Restoration).
    -Curative Remote is added because it is buffed by the Eternal Weapon's buff, one of the strongest attacks-proc-heal ability in the game.
    -Power Chord helps with applying a new Motif of Regen after it has dropped during the Virtuoso and Coda spam block. Also, now it advances/add 1 stack of Motif of Regen on top of refreshing all Motifs.

Please spread the words to your fellow Rogue buddies before they fail at solo healing current content, and let me know if there are suggestions to improving the current playstyle of this build. Thanks!
    Last edited by huangchingho; 07-22-2017 at 04:11 AM.

Soulwalker

Is there a better guide for rotation than the Google Doc reference included here? I know it's clever to use tooltips and pasted jpgs, but I'd rather things be written out and explained better. If I follow this guide strictly, I come up with at least 1 builder, 2 finishers and 2 big heals. I'm not sure if I alternate between the finishers or have an alert that guides me to one vs the other. Also, if you're going to provide a kalert, please break it down into a few component parts based on necessity. I don't need 25 individual kalerts in one bundle, when probably 5 are absolutely useful and the other 20 are discretionary.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2