+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: [4.0] BardPhys PvE Guide - 40 Bard/ 36 Physician (Heal/Support spec)

Default [4.2] BardPhys PvE Guide - 40 Bard/ 36 Physician (Tank Heal/Support spec)

Let me Introduce to you: BardPhys - Tank Healing/Support/Solo healing 3in1 heal spec in 4.2 Prophecy of Ahnket, this spec currently does extremely well in healing any small instances such as SFP expert dungeons, PvP warfronts, as well as Planar Assault/Instant Adventures.

The definition of Bardphys is to provide both offensive buffs/debuffs & defensive buffs to the group/raid while retaining the role as a "Tank/Solo Healer".

Why is this spec so strong? Because it provides standard bard fanfares, motifs and additionally, Anthem of Glory.
    There's sufficient healing and damage reduction utilities to make this spec the best healer in the game, Motif of Tenacity is the 5% damage reduction motif and Maintenance Threpy is the 6% damage reduction buff when a single target healing ability is used. It also contributes 20k-40k DPS via using damaging combo points builders.

Under the right circumstances, this spec can outheal pre-nerf Tactician! (800k-1mil THPS). So it's definitely a very strong and fun healing/support spec to heal through SPEs and Planar assaults, and future raids as well.

Though the only drawback of this spec is that you can't have too many people playing it,
    Jk. You can't have another Oracle or Bard overriding your Motifs, as Motif of Regeneration will be your strongest healing ability. There will be no raid shielding though the damage reductions make up for it. Also, these Bard Utilities have been sacrificed for a greater good: Anthem of Fervor, Verse of Joy, Orchestra of the Planes.

Link to comprehensive guide:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Oh, Bardphys is also decent at healing Warfronts!
    Spoiler!

Another decent Bard healing spec: Tactbard
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...port-spec.html
    What's the difference between them though?
    Spoiler!

Unique support buffs relevant to Bard:

Spoiler!

If you are looking for a full raid-healing spec or you hate playing bard so badly, go check out Phloromancer!

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post5229073
    Last edited by huangchingho; 08-03-2017 at 02:44 PM.

Soulwalker

Default reversal?

Considering your response that you didn't think "bard is a viable option in this expansion" in my thread asking about Bards, I am glad to see this surface now. Thanks very much for the information you have provided.

Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    Considering your response that you didn't think "bard is a viable option in this expansion" in my thread asking about Bards, I am glad to see this surface now. Thanks very much for the information you have provided.
    Absolutely not, Bardphys is currently the strongest raid healer in the game as far as i know.

My previous response was referring to 61 Bard and Battlebard not being the optimal support role in the game, but at least we now have opop bardphys.

Try it if you have not, you'll have fun with it.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 12-11-2016 at 08:35 AM.

strongest aoe heal spec rogues have? (oh, just read that strongest healer ingame, and you gotta be kidding)
    were 61 tact or 41 tact/35 phys nerfed so bad?
    Last edited by Bishoujo; 12-11-2016 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoujo View Post
    strongest aoe heal spec rogues have? (oh, just read that strongest healer ingame, and you gotta be kidding)
    were 61 tact or 41 tact/35 phys nerfed so bad?
    No, why would I be kidding?? I've tested various different specs, and I'm being very serious.
    I did some NT raids recently, the main reason why it is so strong is that Motif of regeneration can burst heal all raid members repeatedly if they are in range (with a build-in HoT), and none of the other specs in the game can do that. (Liberator's Mass Casualty Response is just a HoT. Warden's Wave of Renewal is a cooldown ability.)

Both 61 Tact and 41 tact/35phys aren't viable healing specs as they lack healing utilities like Battle Resurrection and proper burst healing abilities. 61 Tact isn't a viable healing spec at all, with no proper group cleanse ability. (some miss-cleanse mechanic may lead to wipes, well depending on the 4.1 raids) (It's like raiding with a bunch of elementalists, and literally no one can interrupt on Jinoscoth, hehe bad analogy)
    Last edited by huangchingho; 12-11-2016 at 11:39 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    Absolutely not, Bardphys is currently the strongest raid healer in the game as far as i know.

My previous response was referring to 61 Bard and Battlebard not being the optimal support role in the game, but at least we now have opop bardphys.

Try it if you have not, you'll have fun with it.
    Thanks for the clarification. The discussion in the other thread made it sound it was true what people in game were telling me - that there was no viable build or reason to play Bard at all anymore. I wasn't worried about 61 Bard specifically so much as retaining the support/heal niche I had, which I am happy to do on hybrid if viable... so thanks again.

No, why would I be kidding?? I've tested various different specs, and I'm being very serious.
    I did some NT raids recently, the main reason why it is so strong is that Motif of regeneration can burst heal all raid members repeatedly if they are in range (with a build-in HoT), and none of the other specs in the game can do that. (Liberator's Mass Casualty Response is just a HoT. Warden's Wave of Renewal is a cooldown ability.)

Both 61 Tact and 41 tact/35phys aren't viable healing specs as they lack healing utilities like Battle Resurrection and proper burst healing abilities. 61 Tact isn't a viable healing spec at all, with no proper group cleanse ability. (some miss-cleanse mechanic may lead to wipes, well depending on the 4.1 raids) (It's like raiding with a bunch of elementalists, and literally no one can interrupt on Jinoscoth, hehe bad analogy)
    Don't let anyone die and you won't need a Brez ^^

Literally, if they can heal they are healers, and we barely need any brez in current content so who cares bout one.
    And i don't see a warrior or cleric in your sin so you really don't have much of a say on the matter, you are comparing like, what. A single ability with whole classes dedicated to aoe healing. And not even considering all the abilities at that.
    Like, warriors also have Corrective Measures which you apparently didnt even take a look at. So yeah you got your facts wrong.

And again, I still doubt this build can even beat 61 tact or 41/35 on healing part, if someone actualy manage to die the lack of a brez can be bit noticable but that doesnt really affect HpS amount.

And dont even get me started on warden stuff lol.

Note: I do agree the build is very fun indeed, but nowhere near best healing spec.
    Last edited by Bishoujo; 12-12-2016 at 12:11 AM.

Full tact is situational and at best a great cone healer but it is just that. You will never be able to keep 100% up time on that over a build like this or even the other hybrid just because of the need to stand in a line (Yes ppl can out range the heals on this spec two I already know that). I'm sure at some point this like the rest of the specs will see it's share of pruning but its the start of the expac and none of us know what they will change.

So yeah technically yes they "Could" be the best healer in the game in the right hands. Reason I say that is if I can go into a IA with a guildie who is a very good warrior healer and crank out so much healing that my healing done and over heals(yes I know OH is wasted resource bear with me )just blow out what he can do then yes I would say by shear proof that hay this is OP. BTW the over healing on a Fire rift you know the ones that radiate damage pulled 1M HPS in over heals and 120k in healing. Yes there was not a tank so ppl took the damage to warrant the heals.

But any ways no one said you had to like the spec or even use it but comparing it to one skill to a another class and not taking into account where the two classes where at last expac compared to now just shows your lack of growth. Every class will be in raids and every class will get their slot at one extent or another.

Personally i love the fact that rogue is finally seeing some room to stretch and so are alot of ppl I talk to about these specs. Iv had this build in my tree sense expac launch just waiting for a raid or something to use it in. Its fun and you are the bard and the healer at the same time what's not to like about that. In the right hands this build is OP!
    Last edited by Kalgen; 12-12-2016 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalgen View Post
    Full tact is situational and at best a great cone healer but it is just that. You will never be able to keep 100% up time on that over a build like this or even the other hybrid just because of the need to stand in a line (Yes ppl can out range the heals on this spec two I already know that). I'm sure at some point this like the rest of the specs will see it's share of pruning but its the start of the expac and none of us know what they will change.

So yeah technically yes they "Could" be the best healer in the game in the right hands. Reason I say that is if I can go into a IA with a guildie who is a very good warrior healer and crank out so much healing that my healing done and over heals(yes I know OH is wasted resource bear with me )just blow out what he can do then yes I would say by shear proof that hay this is OP. BTW the over healing on a Fire rift you know the ones that radiate damage pulled 1M HPS in over heals and 120k in healing. Yes there was not a tank so ppl took the damage to warrant the heals.

But any ways no one said you had to like the spec or even use it but comparing it to one skill to a another class and not taking into account where the two classes where at last expac compared to now just shows your lack of growth. Every class will be in raids and every class will get their slot at one extent or another.

Personally i love the fact that rogue is finally seeing some room to stretch and so are alot of ppl I talk to about these specs. Iv had this build in my tree sense expac launch just waiting for a raid or something to use it in. Its fun and you are the bard and the healer at the same time what's not to like about that. In the right hands this build is OP!

Gratz, someone is a healer main ey?

But yea, there's a few issues pending for fix, 5% energy reduction buff does not yet affect Motif of regeneration, and sometimes stacks can go above 5, (6-7 highest I've seen), people don't get the instant heals. Once these issues are fixed, this spec should be used in raids in the future taking over two positions: bard and raid healer.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 12-12-2016 at 05:53 AM.

Gratz, someone is a healer main huh?

But yea, there's a few issues pending for fix, 5% energy reduction buff does not yet affect Motif of regeneration, and sometimes stacks can go above 5, (6-7 highest I've seen), people don't get the instant heals. Once these issues are fixed, this spec should be used in raids in the future taking over two positions: bard and raid healer.
    Yeah, I've noticed the energy strain this can have and that can be seen with out spamming for stacks. Do you see a real dire need to have leaching in there? I ask this because of the way the builder is you could be left wanting when you need to spot heal coming off of a rotation. Dropping this would free up some energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalgen View Post
    Yeah, I've noticed the energy strain this can have and that can be seen with out spamming for stacks. Do you see a real dire need to have leaching in there? I ask this because of the way the builder is you could be left wanting when you need to spot heal coming off of a rotation. Dropping this would free up some energy.
    I would say it's all situational, because Motif of regeneration heals ALL raid members, after reaching 5 stacks, you are basically spot-healing 20 people, (not as strong as UC, but you get my meaning). I usually only Spot-heal the tank because UC takes an entire GCD and the only reason to spot-heal is to apply MT damage reduction buff. So, don't have to spam for stacks but stack them occasionally, 3-5 stacks should be more secure. Worst case scenario is to spam Motif of Regeneration till you are out of energy and refresh all motifs (Power chord) then use a 5 CP group therapy and spam Coda of restoration. (So you'll have a 15s GT up during coda spam)

Most standard rotation is to use standard builder rotation, then finisher macro twice (either CoR+motif of regen or GT+motif of regen), this way you will have perfect energy pool even without 5% energy reduction buff. This method, you can stack Motif of regen twice using a coda+motif and once using GT+motif, without having to worry about energy issues.

Just have fun with it, try it on PvP and IA, get used to the situational rotations.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 12-12-2016 at 06:12 AM.

Gratz, someone is a healer main ey?
    I am a healer main/alt myself lol, literally have tried out any rogue/prim/warrior heal build in the past and am still on it, part of why i said its fun and another part of it not being best ingame,
    Generally speaking, i wouldnt think it would be able to beat a warden,
    Technically speaking, "best" literally depends on the situation

(As part of, sure the motif might be providing good heals, but tell me, how many save *** cooldowns do you have? )

(And I'm not trying to hate talk or sh*t post anything so feel free to answer :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoujo View Post
    I am a healer main/alt myself lol, literally have tried out any rogue/prim/warrior heal build in the past and am still on it, part of why i said its fun and another part of it not being best ingame,

(As part of, sure the motif might be providing good heals, but tell me, how many save *** cooldowns do you have? )

(And I'm not trying to hate talk or sh*t post anything so feel free to answer :P)
    Just because my standards are to not argue with people.

I'll give you a very simple answer, even if you're a healer main.

No matter how good of a healer you are, people will die in raids, either due to fail mechanics by the dead member or healer or tank miss-intercept. Whatever it is. You're not entitled "a healer" if you don't have AOE cleanse or a battle resurrection. Period.

However, Phys-tact lacking burst heal utility, is viable because it has overheal-shields.

It's rather hilarious when you said "Just don't let people die", Smh??

If you're having lower HPS than any other healers with this build (currently), well you're just doing it wrong. (no offense).

Oh, and you like mis-reading stuffs, I thought i bolded the words "ALL raid members", as in 20-raid members.

I've tested enough to verify this, don't you worry..

Go check the numbers inside the google doc and come ask again.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 12-12-2016 at 07:02 AM.

Just because my standards are to not argue with people.

I'll give you a very simple answer, even if you're a healer main.

No matter how good of a healer you are, people will die in raids, either due to fail mechanics by the dead member or healer or tank miss-intercept. Whatever it is. You're not entitled "a healer" if you don't have AOE cleanse or a battle resurrection. Period.

It's rather hilarious when you said "Just don't let people die", Smh??

However, Phys-tact lacking burst heal utility, is viable because it has overheal-shields.

If you're having lower HPS than any other healers with this build (currently), well you're just doing it wrong. (no offense).

Oh, and you like mis-reading stuffs, I thought i bolded the words "ALL raid members", as in 20-raid members.

I've tested enough to verify this, don't you worry..

Go check the numbers inside the google doc and come ask again.
    That dont let people die was the sarcastic sentence you you usually find in and around my comments, and also was to mention that, as of currently, for one to die they need to go jump into some lava and sleep there to die. People wouldn't be already 5 man dps ing experts if there was a real need for healers lol.

And one might not be entitled a "healer" if they dont have brez and stuff, but I've done do many such fights back i the day i had no brez, that i believe i can be entitled one if i did my job perfectly without needing a brez (syh at this part how much you want, but you cant deny that at the current laz brain dead meta )

And oh, I'll test some builds and come back to you after some further checks
    Last edited by Bishoujo; 12-12-2016 at 07:03 AM.

shp
    Champion

Spec looks legit. This is the same guy who made ranger/sab and was laughed at, later all rogues played that.

I'll check that out how it really does in wfs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast