+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 4.0 Assborn

Default 4.0 Assborn

Assborn 4.0

Note - This isn't the highest ST rogue spec atm - 61 Shadeborn is still higher but variety is always nice! And this provides the crit debuff - Feedback as always is appreciated

44 Assassin - 32 Shadeborn - 0 Ranger

Legendaries [for Assassin]:

Thread of Death - Allows for stealth abilities to be used out of stealth with a 25% reduction.
    Assassinate - Now procs all of your poisons.
    Virulent Poison - Increases the damage of the next 3 non-assassin finishers by 100%

Legendaries [for Shadeborn]:
    Void Touch

Legendaries [for Ranger]:

Call: Razorbeast]

Buffs:
    Virulent Poison
    Leeching Poison
    Inescapable Bond

Combat Buffs:
    • Call: Razorbeast
    -Increased damage/healing by 20% for 20 seconds (30 second cooldown)
    • Poison Malice
    - Increases poison damage done by 125%. Lasts 15 seconds - 1 minute cooldown
    • Energy Manipulation
    Debilitating Dart

Macros:

#show Call: Razorbeast
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Poison Malice
    cast Call: Razorbeast
    cast Debilitating Dart
    cast @self Energy Manipulation

Abilities you should have on bar:

• Assassinate
    - Now your main ST builder

• Void Touch
    - To be applied as soon as it falls off (let it fall off so it procs damage) - Don't use a Finisher unless this is up, even if it means wasting a combo point.

• Shadow Flurry
    - Main Finisher

• Mirrored Strike
    - To be used every 60 seconds to proc the damage buff it gives

• Consuming Depths
    - Only use when it procs (assuming it doesnt overwrite a previous Consuming Depths proc)

• Nexus of Darkness
    - Use at 0 combo points (it has the same CD as Call: Razorbeast so use them at the same time to ensure the line up correctly)

• Strangulate
    - Standard DoT you need to keep up - Procs every 3 seconds (and hits on the last second so re-apply as soon as it falls off)

• Jagged
    -Another DoT you need to keep up - Hits every 2 seconds (and hits on the last second so re-apply as soon as it falls off)

• Expose Weakness
    -Increases damage taken from the rogue by 6% for 60 seconds (increased by mastery) - If you want you *can* macro this to one of your builders, but for the sake of target switching I dont macro this (also the possibility of draining you more)

Utility
    • Shadow Spire - Interrupt
    • Hidden Veil - Delays stealth being broken by 15seconds if you're hit (only really useful in pvp)
    • Stealth
    • Sudden Appearance - Charge
    • Shadow Grip - Charge

Rotation

- Pre-apply Expose Weakness - Stealth

Spoiler!

- Jagged(*) - Void Touch(*) - Assassinate - CD macro (#) - Mirrored Strike - Nexus of Darkness (#) - Shadow Flurry - Consuming Depths (*) - Strangulate(*) - Assassinate x2 - Shadow Flurry

When you don't need to re-apply anything use Assassinate x2 - Shadow Flurry

* = re-apply when it drops off/procs
    (with consuming if on the off-chance you get lucky with your procs, and the dot from the previous Consuming Depths is still ticking - its a dps increase to wait for the DoT to fall off then use the procced Consuming.

# = Use off cd from this point foward.

Kalert Set:

KA::AiKrmeNqdktFqgzAUhl+lT9AlRmMkV2oNbLBdtG5XgqQ1s 9mcGTEOCnv4RV3b9EaKHAMx/Pz
    n/zjng9e1qCikOf1u+EnoteG6FmZ8YfY8jYLVzmj5KWjsQxbFAds kJEEEwoACq2S2gK2tfDd0ww1
    /KF4fC76XjTSnUh5U2xVa1b3oRhe4rqqO4gjbg6hPhg/aomn2kmfb4QbHQsAGyM/P4fCHx1bs1zr
    xtu4bbsRM+J2jij0vQYmH4giHaZAQdnf07sgrsVe6LZ2uE4NNj n3/fgbkMrwpWa1y1R+OMwiOKPZ
    sdOBnIEwBwgSQBQQ/1q40g90VYH4I+AYAuwDPUmul7XZMc3UoLvEvkvMCMUYQhAiGw/4wjBYwfP1
    7llPb6zYtncQfg43sfQ

This tracks; Mirrored Strike - Void Touch - Jagged - Strangulate (add more if you feel you need them)
    Last edited by Maltie; 12-05-2016 at 09:04 PM.
    Nixia@Greybriar

Rift Disciple

So from the testing I did with this build weeks ago I found that keeping jagged up I over a 5min parse was dps neutral or minimal loss/gain over just using Assassinate. You may want to play around with it, it is that same with strangulate I found the only reason to use this was for CD reduction of Nexus but if you take this out as well and only use assassinate for main spam and refreshing void touch when it drops will net more dps or dps neutral because You will have less GCD's between finishers compared to maintaining jagged and strangulate. Another key point is you want to use Shadow flurry no matter the CP right before Void touch's timer ends because shadow flurry does a base damage for 1CP but just does multiple Attacks per CP it is worth using at 1-4CP at 1 second left for void touch to proc the legendary void touch.

Physcial Trauma boosts both your sin damage over-time damages by 20%:

Serrated Blades and Jagged Strikes are affected by them:

Those 2 points from Murderous Intent only boosts your physical damage by 4%.

Assassinate, Serrated Blades and Jagged Strikes are affected by them.

Using my parse here for example:http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post5267091

The neutral damage (without 4% physical damage and 20% bleed) of those 3 abilities are:

Taking 5 points into Murderous Intent, 0 point into Physical Trauma:
    48642.8*1.04= 50588.512
    which is a 1945.712 DPS gain

Taking 3 Points into Murderous Intent, 2 Points into Physical Trauma:
    24166+18631+11965=54762
    which is a total of 6119.2 net DPS.

54762-50588.512=4173.488 DPS gain comparing to 5 points into Murderous Intent and 0 point into Physical Trauma

So here ya go, the difference is very obvious here.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 12-05-2016 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anmoa View Post
    So from the testing I did with this build weeks ago I found that keeping jagged up I over a 5min parse was dps neutral or minimal loss/gain over just using Assassinate. You may want to play around with it, it is that same with strangulate I found the only reason to use this was for CD reduction of Nexus but if you take this out as well and only use assassinate for main spam and refreshing void touch when it drops will net more dps or dps neutral because You will have less GCD's between finishers compared to maintaining jagged and strangulate. Another key point is you want to use Shadow flurry no matter the CP right before Void touch's timer ends because shadow flurry does a base damage for 1CP but just does multiple Attacks per CP it is worth using at 1-4CP at 1 second left for void touch to proc the legendary void touch.
    During Poison Malice CD block, using strangulate and consuming depths are DPS neutral/loss as they don't trigger Sin poisons at all.

Rift Disciple

Are you keeping in mind that if you drop using jagged that you can change the 61mastery to an extra tick on consuming? And the things that I am suggesting reduce the rotation to 2 Gcd's then a finisher so you would be rotating 4 and 5 point depending on if you need to reapply void touch. Which over all would net you more Shadow flurry over a 5minute parse. Play around with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anmoa View Post
    Are you keeping in mind that if you drop using jagged that you can change the 61mastery to an extra tick on consuming? And the things that I am suggesting reduce the rotation to 2 Gcd's then a finisher so you would be rotating 4 and 5 point depending on if you need to reapply void touch. Which over all would net you more Shadow flurry over a 5minute parse. Play around with it.
    What the point spread your using with this cause I'm getting mixed parses from you suggestions.

Shadowlander

Surprisingly enough I actually find Assborn to do more dps without using consuming depths, so I am using this version of the spec instead:

and it parses:

If I am on 4 combo points, and it's not time to use Void Touch or Strangulate yet, then I use finisher. Most of the time there will be 1 combo point after using the finisher, so often the rotation goes:

Assassinate -> Shadow Flurry -> Assassinate -> Shadow Flurry -> ...

while of course using Jagged Strike, Void Touch, and Strangulate after they run out. And never use finisher without Void Touch being active, even if it means refreshing Void Touch before it runs out.

I also really like Assborn, and it's certainly simpler than Shadeborn and Marksman. I get about same dps with Marksman and still higher dps with Shadeborn (using 15 BD 0 Ranger), but not that big of a difference so personally I like to stick with Assborn, especially if lethal is needed. Parses with Marksman and Shadeborn below for comparisson (should subtract about 19k from shadeborn taking Dark Bonds and Shadow of Demise into account):

Last edited by Flinti; 12-08-2016 at 06:34 AM.
    Flinti@Gelidra

Wait, that place looks familiar, is it Meridian or Sanctum?
    Last edited by huangchingho; 12-06-2016 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    If they are parsing on the level 50 dummies you can take up to 50k dps off those parses.

People please, when posting parses do not use any consumables and parse on the proper target dummies.
    Last edited by Stihl; 12-06-2016 at 09:57 AM.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    The place is my dimension in Mathosian Cascades, and the parses are made on a level 67 Raid Boss Practice Dummy Elite which is standing all alone. I can see the parses can seem high, and I have also taken the best parses. In practice I often screw up something, and even more on bosses, but these parses are when it all goes optimal. Especially SB can vary a lot since there is a bit of RNG, and timing it right is important.

Edit: And Serrated Edge for 2x140 AP was the only buff I used, since I always have that on.
    Last edited by Flinti; 12-06-2016 at 11:52 AM.
    Flinti@Gelidra

Shadowlander

U parsed 5:35, so u get bossted by cds (ur parse stops right after shdowtwins run out ) and its a very lucky parse ...
    Parse again 3 times for exactly 5 min and the post ur best parse of that 3 parses

A parse like urs dont tell much about the spec
    Last edited by Kubah; 12-06-2016 at 12:55 PM.
    iGP 4/4 - iGP (HM) 4/4 - HK 10/11

Quote Originally Posted by Kubah View Post
    U parsed 5:35, so u get bossted by cds (ur parse stops right after shdowtwins run out ) and its a very lucky parse ...
    Parse again 3 times for exactly 5 min and the post ur best parse of that 3 parses

A parse like urs dont tell much about the spec
    This spec doesnt have Shadow Twin
    Nixia@Greybriar

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    This spec doesnt have Shadow Twin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kubah View Post
    U parsed 5:35, so u get bossted by cds (ur parse stops right after shdowtwins run out ...
    Now look again at his 3 parses. Oh there is a 5:35 min 61 sb parse with shadow-twin ...
    Last edited by Kubah; 12-06-2016 at 11:18 PM.
    iGP 4/4 - iGP (HM) 4/4 - HK 10/11

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kalgen View Post
    What the point spread your using with this cause I'm getting mixed parses from you suggestions.
    I haven't been online much for the past couple of weeks and don't want to try to go off memory for the spec. Been using my phone to check the forums periodically. When I get done at work today I'll sit down and pull up my point spread and what not.

Ascendant

OP

I am almost full expert missing helmet pants and boots and you even have a green chest on

Yet you have almost 4000 more AP and 2500 more pcrit than me in the same spec.

I know I have **** fragments but 4k more AP with green chest and no buff?
    Seriously?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast