+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: [4.0] 61 Marksman

Rift Disciple

Default [4.0] 61 Marksman

Updated for 4.1. Plays almost like old NT Marksman now.

61 Marksman/10 Ranger/5 Nightblade

Legendaries:

Free Recoil
    Calculated Shot
    Rapid Fire Shot
    Call: Razorbeast
    Fiery Spike

Legendary Deadeye Shot is bad.

Buffs:

Legendary Free Recoil, Silver Tip Munitions, Static Shock Munitions, Ranged Combat Mastery, Predatory Instincts

Abilities

Builders

Empowered Shot

With Legendary Free Recoil this is now an off-gcd ability that gives three combo points. Its cooldown is reset on each finisher. Used in every build-up.

Swift Shot and Calculated Shot

Swift Shot does low damage and gives a 10 second movement speed bonus. Calculated Shot does high damage but has a cooldown, unless it removes the movement speed buff applied by Swift Shot. So, obviously, alternate them. Similar to last expansion's MM you can min-max a bit by putting Calculated Shot on cooldown before the cd block and when Strafe is available.

Legendary Calculated Shot also makes channels tick twice as fast for 15 seconds.

Barbed Shot

15 second high damage dot that also increases MM damage taken by the target and crit chance of channels. This should usually be refreshed after it falls off but it's not a big deal to clip the last tick at 0s if Rapid Fire Shot is about to be available.

Fiery Spike

Nightblade Legendary that increases physical damage taken by the target by 8% for 20 seconds. Refresh after the 20 second debuff, not the 10 second DoT falls off or if it will fall off during a cd block.

Lightning Fury

This ability does AoE damage and applies a flat armor debuff to all targets hit. Cooldown is 15 seconds but the debuff lasts 30 so don't use this off cooldown.

Finishers

Rapid Fire Shot

Very high damage 3 second channel. Generally best used off cooldown, look rotation section for when to delay it.

Deadeye Shot

The other finisher, made instant by Legendary Free Recoil.

Cooldowns

20% increased damage for 20 seconds, 30 second cooldown. Should fit two Rapid Fire Shots into the duration each time.

Sentry Battery

High damage channel on a one minute cooldown.

Bull's Eye

25% higher crit chance for 5 seconds, one minute cooldown. Should always affect two Empowered Shots, Rapid Fire Shot and Sentry Battery.

Planar Variation

The 65 mastery channel. Because Empowered Shot can no longer be cast on every gcd this is now a dps gain over Energy Manipulation. Use once a minute on the last second of Call: Razorbeast.

Strafe

Low damage channel but it gives 2 combo points per second and can be used as a filler while Calculated Shot is on cooldown.

Utility

Deaden

Standard Interrupt. Use it!

Erradicate

Standard Double Purge.

Rotation

Every Buildup looks like Builder - Builder - Empowered Shot -> Finisher. After Rapid Fire Shot this is replaced by just Empowered Shot -> Finisher.

Builder Priority is Barbed Shot > Fiery Spike debuff > Lightning Fury debuff > Swift/Calculated. Unless you have 0 CP and Barbed Shot and Fiery Spike both need to be refreshed, in that case it's Fiery Spike > Barbed Shot.

Rapid Fire Shot does a lot of damage so it's important to use as close to off cooldown as possible. However, you also want to get each cast into the 20 second duration of Call: Razorbeast. Occasionally RFS will be available 2-3 seconds before Razorbeast and in that case it is a dps gain to delay it for one buildup. This also makes it align much better with debuff timers and Bull's Eye.

Planar Variation is best used when Call: Razorbeast is about to end to snapshot the buff. It is not affected by Barbed Shot, Fiery Spike or Lightning Fury. Because it is aoe damage (and a lot of it), you may want to use it at a different time depending on the fight, for example to quickly cleave down the adds on Malannon.

Spoiler!

For the one minute cd block, the goal is to get two Empowered Shots, one Rapid Fire Shot and Sentry Battery into the 5 second duration of Bull's Eye. Activate Bull's Eye and Call: Razorbeast, then use Empowered Shot and immediately after start channeling Rapid Fire Shot. As soon as it's done use the Empowered Shot again and fully channel Sentry Battery. It will snapshot Bull's Eye and get +25% crit chance for every tick.

Opener: (Empowered Shot) Deadeye Shot -> Fiery Spike -> Barbed Shot -> Calculated Shot -> Lightning Fury -> (Bull's Eye) (Call: Razorbeast) (Empowered Shot) Rapid Fire Shot -> (Empowered Shot) Sentry Battery.

No macros? Yes, no macros.
    Last edited by Bauum; 04-08-2017 at 05:05 AM.

Nice work.

Spoiler!

I don't recommend binding more than one ogcd buff before channeling abilities (that'd interrupt your own channel), perhaps:
    bull's eye and rapid fire shot (since you want to time it and use sentry battery right after during bull's eye)
    on the double and sentry battery (sentry battery slows your character and on the double makes you immune to slows, unless you want to use this to proc one Calculated Shot)
    Call: Razorbeast, energy manipulation and hellfire blades all three bind to Hasted Shot macro, it seems to be working fine for me.

Anyhow, that's just personal preference. Kalerts would be nice

Everything else looks neat and straightforward.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 12-01-2016 at 04:03 PM.

shp
    Champion

Solid guide.

Now, with death of ranger, this will be our go-to ranged spec. And it should've been from the beginning as it parsed higher than Animalism Twin Shot spam anyway.
    Last edited by shp; 12-01-2016 at 04:02 PM.

If MM was parsing higher than ranger in any case, how come MM was left untouched by the tuning patch? The disparity between the various souls is crazy. Shadeborne is stronger again I heard... yet to play with it. But at least that is melee.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    If MM was parsing higher than ranger in any case, how come MM was left untouched by the tuning patch? The disparity between the various souls is crazy. Shadeborne is stronger again I heard... yet to play with it. But at least that is melee.
    I parsed all the specs after the patch, Shadeborn didn't get DPS changes, just PvP fixes
    Last edited by huangchingho; 12-01-2016 at 05:25 PM.

a) because no one was playing it because of #loltwinshotspam
    b) because no one cried for MM nerfs

And yeah Shadeborn is still top
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

"Hasted Shot refunds one combo point just like the Nightblade ones."

Can you explain that part?

Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    I parsed all the specs after the patch, Shadeborn didn't get DPS changes, just PvP fixes
    Yeah I wrote that poorly. I meant stronger than MM. As you say, there were no changes to SB in the patch notes.

I guess my learning priority is SB and then MM... /gag, can't stand playing ranged souls for a rogue.

What's the betting SB gets nerfed as well in the next week?
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

shp
    Champion

Objectively speaking, shadeborn is pretty much balanced. Our top st dps, not one button, melee, very limited disconnects, zero aoe. Numbers are just fine.

Yeah I wrote that poorly. I meant stronger than MM. As you say, there were no changes to SB in the patch notes.

I guess my learning priority is SB and then MM... /gag, can't stand playing ranged souls for a rogue.

61SB and Assborn are both top specs, personally I enjoy playing the new assborn reason being SB legendaries causing lag if you macro them with normal abilities and the 61 passive buff not being completely fixed. Then, 61MM would probably be the third highest DPS spec.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 12-01-2016 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bauum View Post

#show Swift Shot
    cast Swift Shot
    cast Empowered Shot

#show Calculated Shot
    cast Calculated Shot
    cast Empowered Shot

Swift Shot does low damage and gives a 10 second movement speed bonus. Calculated Shot does high damage but has a cooldown, unless it removes the movement speed buff applied by Swift Shot or Hasted Shot. So, obviously, alternate them. In the new MM, Calculated Shot should never go on cooldown!.
    (Noob) Question:

Why is calc shot > empowered shot? In other words: Legendary Calc shot gives 15 sec buff and has 12 second cooldown. If Empowered shot = calc shot (damage), why do we want to keep Calc shot off cooldown anyway? Why not put it on CD and just spam more empowered shot?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    Nice work.

Spoiler!

I don't recommend binding more than one ogcd buff before channeling abilities (that'd interrupt your own channel), perhaps:
    bull's eye and rapid fire shot (since you want to time it and use sentry battery right after during bull's eye)
    on the double and sentry battery (sentry battery slows your character and on the double makes you immune to slows, unless you want to use this to proc one Calculated Shot)
    Call: Razorbeast, energy manipulation and hellfire blades all three bind to Hasted Shot macro, it seems to be working fine for me.

Anyhow, that's just personal preference. Kalerts would be nice

Everything else looks neat and straightforward.
    I know some people insisted on using a cd block macro in NT and since it still somewhat works I put it in there. On second thought that's probably going to cancel more channels than be helpful, so I'm going to remove it.

Don't use KAlerts myself, if somebody else wants to provide them I'll gladly add them.

I don't understand the ranger nerf either, especially such an excessive one :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistica View Post
    "Hasted Shot refunds one combo point just like the Nightblade ones."

Can you explain that part?
    If you press this macro twice

#show Hasted Shot
    cast Hasted Shot
    cast Empowered Shot

it will fire an Empowered Shot right after the finisher consumes all cp, leaving one cp at the end of the finisher gcd. Blazing Strike and Flame Thrust in Nightblade do the same, though for a different reason. I can see why it would be confusing for people not too familiar with Nightblade so gonna remove that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobly View Post
    (Noob) Question:

Why is calc shot > empowered shot? In other words: Legendary Calc shot gives 15 sec buff and has 12 second cooldown. If Empowered shot = calc shot (damage), why do we want to keep Calc shot off cooldown anyway? Why not put it on CD and just spam more empowered shot?
    Empowered Shot is off global cooldown, whereas Calculated Shot and all the other builders are on global cooldown. You can use both at the same time, the macros I provided will do that automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Bauum View Post
    SFP Marksman is a lot more annoying than NT Marksman, but with a few macros it is at least playable.

61 Marksman/8 Nightblade/7 Ranger

Seems to be parsing slightly higher than 15bd/0rng.

Legendaries:

Free Recoil
    Calculated Shot
    Rapid Fire Shot
    Hellfire Blades

I've tried Legendary Fiery Spike instead of Hellfire Blades but the weapon swap delay is far too annoying. Legendary Deadeye Shot isn't worth it.

Buffs:

Legendary Free Recoil, Silver Tip Munitions, Static Shock Munitions, Ranged Combat Mastery, Predatory Instincts

Abilities

Builders

Empowered Shot

With Legendary Free Recoil this is now an off gcd ability. It has a cooldown of one second and becomes instant after the first five casts. It's possible to keep it on a separate button and just press it once per second, along with the on gcd abilities, but even I as a proud hardcore elitist think that's too much finger acrobatics, so I just macrod it with everything except channels. Still worth keeping on a separate button to do some min maxing during the cooldown block.

Legendary abilities and macros don't get along too well. If the macro doesn't work or is greyed out on your bar open the macro window, select it and click save again. That seems to fix it.

I've also heard that for some players macroing legendary abilities causes serious ability lag. I have no clue what to do about that, sorry.

Swift Shot and Calculated Shot

#show Swift Shot
    cast Swift Shot
    cast Empowered Shot

#show Calculated Shot
    cast Calculated Shot
    cast Empowered Shot

Swift Shot does low damage and gives a 10 second movement speed bonus. Calculated Shot does high damage but has a cooldown, unless it removes the movement speed buff applied by Swift Shot or Hasted Shot. So, obviously, alternate them. In the new MM, Calculated Shot should never go on cooldown!

Barbed Shot

#show Barbed Shot
    cast Barbed Shot
    cast Empowered Shot

15 second dot that also makes channels crit more while it is active. Refresh after it falls off or if you notice that it will fall off before you start casting a channel.

Lightning Fury

This ability does AoE damage and applies a flat armor debuff to all targets hit. All current level 70 npcs and players still use level 65 armor and resist values (one of the reasons you can tank experts in dps spec), so this is definitely worth keeping up.

Finishers

Rapid Fire Shot

Very high damage 3 second channel. Try to avoid delaying it too much.

Hasted Shot

#show Hasted Shot
    cast Hasted Shot
    cast Empowered Shot

The spamable finisher that also applies a movement speed buff that can be used to cast Calculated Shot with no cooldown.

Why this over Deadeye Shot? Because Deadeye Shot is a cast and won't let you fit in an additional Empowered Shot during it's gcd. And Hasted + Empowered > Deadeye.

Cooldowns

Call: Razorbeast and Hellfire Blades

#show Hellfire Blades
    cast Call: Razorbeast
    cast Hellfire Blades

The two offsoul legendaries, both have a 30 second cooldown so might as well use them together.

Energy Manipulation

Okay not gonna lie I have this macrod but you can gain 0.2% dps by putting it on a separate button and using it during razorbeast uptime.

Sentry Battery

Not that great anymore as Empowered Shot can't be cast during the channel, but unlike Strafe this is still worth using. One minute cooldown.

Bull's Eye

25% higher crit chance for 5 seconds, one minute cooldown. Should always affect Rapid Fire Shot and Sentry Battery.

Rotation

As Empowered Shot is macrod with every builder and Hasted Shot you don't really need to worry about it. Just mash buttons and treat every builder as a two combo point generator. Hasted Shot refunds one combo point due to the Empowered Shot fired during its gcd.

This makes every build-up look like Builder - Builder - Finisher.

Builder Priority is Barbed Shot > Lightning Fury Debuff (do not use lightning fury off cooldown) > Swift/Calculated.

Rapid Fire Shot should be used as close to off cooldown as possible.

Hasted Shot is stronger than Swift Shot but weaker than Calculated Shot. This means that if you already have the Swift Shot buff, casting Calculated Shot at 5 combo points is a dps gain as long as it doesn't set off the timing of Rapid Fire Shot too much.

Spoiler!

For the one minute cd block, the goal is to get two Empowered Shots, one Rapid Fire Shot and Sentry Battery into the 5 second duration of Bull's Eye. Activate Bull's Eye, Call: Razorbeast and Hellfire Blades, then use the Empowered Shot on a separate button and immediately after start channeling Rapid Fire Shot. As soon as it's done use the Separate Button Empowered Shot again and channel Sentry Battery. It will snapshot Bull's Eye and get +25% crit chance for every tick.

The new MM opening has to be the most clunky one I have ever seen. There is unfortunately no way around hard casting those first few Empowered Shots. What is working best for me is:

(Empowered Shot during countdown) -> Hasted Shot (will cast another empowered but will NOT give a stack unfortunately) -> Barbed Shot -> Lightning Fury -> Calculated Shot -> CD block without the first empowered.

Puts all the important buffs and debuffs up and leaves you at 4 stacks going into the cd block, but the next Empowered Shot between Rapid Fire Shot and Sentry Battery is made instant by the regular Free Recoil's effect. From there on every Empowered Shot will be instant.

And a parse for good measure.

Hope you like this guide! There might be a better way to deal with the weird mechanics of Legendary Free Recoil, but I haven't found one yet and am honestly satisfied with the numbers this can pull.

Havent even looked at MM since ages and now I see a 10 sec CD on combate Mastery and free recoil...well I m normaly a pvpr and was using lately ranger fr range for obvious reasons....dIfuse but now I find myself in the need of looking at MM again and fr my suprise I see a 10 séc CD on abilitys that where normal 1h buffs.wht with that?should still use it as a normal 1 h buff?And btw ty fr the great guide would be nice a vídeo of a parce.ty again bauum.

Shadowlander

I hope trion fix that ****, that every channel procs with his impulse the hellfire blades except rapid fire shot. Its ****ing annoying and a dps lose!
    iGP 4/4 - iGP (HM) 4/4 - HK 10/11

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by bollesti View Post
    Havent even looked at MM since ages and now I see a 10 sec CD on combate Mastery and free recoil...well I m normaly a pvpr and was using lately ranger fr range for obvious reasons....dIfuse but now I find myself in the need of looking at MM again and fr my suprise I see a 10 séc CD on abilitys that where normal 1h buffs.wht with that?should still use it as a normal 1 h buff?And btw ty fr the great guide would be nice a vídeo of a parce.ty again bauum.
    Combat mastery and free recoil apply 1 hour buffs. Unless you get purged, you won't have to use them for an hour.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast