+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 84
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 4.0 Assassin

  1. #1
    RIFT Guide Writer Maltie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    722

    Default 4.1 Assassin

    4.1 Assassin!

    SINSAB. NOT ASSBOMBER.

    The spec -

    61 Assassin 11 Saboteur 4 Ranger

    The Legendaries -


    [Assassin Legendaries]

    Poison Malice - Increases Poison Buff damage done by 275%. This effect can be recast during its duration to refresh the effect. Each time its refreshed your poison damage is reduced by 25%

    Thread of Death - Allows stealth abilities to constantly be used out of stealth

    Master of Poisons - Allows for more Serpent Strikes in your rotation

    [Ranger Legendary]

    Call: Razorbeast - 20% increased damage for 20 seconds

    [Saboteur Legendary]


    Satchel Charge - Now a 30s DoT, grants 3 charges every tick ~ The reason this is chosen over Time Bomb is because every tick of Satchel Charge procs poisons.



    Masteries;

    • 61 - Soul Steal - The only one you should be using, your dots (impale, puncture and jagged strike) will apply a debuff to the mob (Hemophilia) that increases the damage taken from you by 1.5% per stack, stacks up to 3.
    • 62- Revitalize - Everything else in this section is pretty much worthless for assassin, so revitalize is the best choice for the increased healing taken.
    • 63 - You have 2 choices here. You can either go with Juke and Run - Which helps on disconnects with a 12% increased movement speed - Or you can go with Boundless Energy to help with energy drain - Usually if you have Fervor or Living Energy draining isnt an issue, so I went for Juke and Run.
    • 64 - Repetitive Strikes - Increases the Duration of Expose Weakness by 40 seconds and does the most amount of damage compared to the other masteries in this row.
    • 65 - Energy Manipulation - Doesn't really need explaining - Has the highest dps increase. (When parsing use Planar Conservation as this spec can get easily drained)


    61 Assassin works really well for full ST fights, its disconnect ability is better than Bladedancers but still needs to spend most of its time in Melee.

    Buffs: (You're allowed to have 3 poisons thanks to the 61 point Master of Poisons)
    [LIST][*]Malicious Poison
    [*]Virulent Poison
    [*]Leeching Poison

    ~ If noone is applying the crit debuff use Lethal instead of Virulent

    ----

    Key points

    Jagged Strike ~ Awards 3 Combo Points, high damage dealing dot. 6s CD with a 10s duration, reapply instantly as it falls off.

    Satchel Charge - Small DoT but procs poisons, very important to keep up on your target.

    Serpent Strike - oGCD attack (when procced) that deals a lot of damage, counts as a poison so deals more damage when you are buffed by Poison Malice.

    Poison Malice - You can now refresh this, but every time you do you it decreases your poison damage by 25% each time ~ Use of this ability can be situational ~ If you’re at 6 stacks and you know the fight will allow you to wait for the 1m CD to then re-use it again, let it drop at 6 stacks. If the fight is about to end soon, keep using it, don’t go over 10.

    Builder macro


    #show Fragmentation Sticky Bomb
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Serpent Strike
    cast Detonate
    cast Fragmentation Sticky Bomb
    cast Assassinate
    cast Backstab
    cast Savage Strike
    cast Quick Shot
    cast Call: Razorbeast
    cast @self Energy Manipulation
    cast Debilitating Dart


    Jagged Strike now has a 6s cd, the DoT will last 10seconds, let it drop and re-apply instantly

    Puncture is now useful to use again

    Re-apply the DoT from Impale when it falls off, don't use any other finisher

    CD macro;

    #show Call: Razorbeast
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Call: Razorbeast
    cast Debilitating Dart
    cast @self Energy Manipulation

    If you want to take them out of the builder macro, I find macroing cd's (even ogcd) makes a rotation feel weird

    ----

    Other abilities you should have on bar;
    • Impale - DoT finisher (should have a 100% uptime) - ticks once every 2 seconds (will tick at 0 seconds so re-apply as soon as it falls off
    • Jagged Strike - Also ticks at 0 seconds so re-apply as soon as it falls off
    • Leaping Plunge - Charge (30m range)
    • Stealth
    • Expose Weakness - Apply to targets if you target switch
    • Enduring Brew - Small self-heal and energy regen (use for the energy regen, Sin drains quite easy)
    • Poison Malice


    ---

    Rotation is fairly simple, keep up your dots (Impale, Puncture, Jagged and Satchel Charge), when nothing else to do, spam Builder, refresh Poison Malice to a maximum of 6 stacks, then just spam your builder macro.


    Use your personal cd's as soon as they come off CD - As there will most likely only be one raid CD per boss fight you don't need to try and link up with the supports (unless fights last more than 5 minutes)

    Your dots will snapshot the current damaging buff you have active (in this case Call: Razorbeast) so it#s worth clipping your dots if it means they will carry on past the duration of the buff.

    Stealth abilities that stun do not work with Legendary ToD, you need to be in stealth to use things like Paralyzing Strike (from assassin) and Ebon Terror (from Nightblade) however, you don't need to use Slip Away as part of your dps rotation anymore, so you can use slip away > Ebon Terror/Debilitating Strike.

    However, you can still use Thread of Death how it was normally intended to be able to use Paralyzing Strike out of stealth, with a macro like

    #show Thread of Death
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Thread of Death
    cast Paralyzing Strike

    Will let you do this. Not so much use for pve but very useful for pvp.

    Energy Manipulation is boosted by Call: Razorbeast

    You have a lot of CC to use in PvP, for example;
    • Blinding Powder - ST confuse - Lasts 10 seconds (or until damaged) - 20m range - 1m CD
    • Poison Gas - AoE confuse - Last 6 seconds (or until damaged) - 5m range - 30s CD
    • Foul Play - 4 second ST stun - 30s CD
    • And the fore-mentioned from Stealth attacks.

    Kalerts;
    Spoiler!


    These are the only ones you'll need, as you don't need to track CaD anymore, or ToD
    Last edited by Maltie; 03-06-2018 at 04:52 PM.
    Nixia@Greybriar


  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    119

    Default

    I know you say not to macro serpent strike because you don't want to put it on 20 sec cooldown, but in the idea of laziness can we consider how the legendary master of poisons works here? Does it not refresh the cooldown on serpent strike? I'm finding that I use serpent strike nearly as often as my assassinate due to refreshed cooldown, even if I put it on 20 sec cooldown.

  3. #3
    RIFT Guide Writer Maltie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chops13 View Post
    I know you say not to macro serpent strike because you don't want to put it on 20 sec cooldown, but in the idea of laziness can we consider how the legendary master of poisons works here? Does it not refresh the cooldown on serpent strike? I'm finding that I use serpent strike nearly as often as my assassinate due to refreshed cooldown, even if I put it on 20 sec cooldown.
    You can but overall you would get less serpent strikes in your rotation
    Last edited by Maltie; 11-29-2016 at 08:43 AM.
    Nixia@Greybriar


  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Strange. I was using it last night and didn't have this issue. Maybe there is something else causing it?

  5. #5
    RIFT Guide Writer Maltie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chops13 View Post
    Strange. I was using it last night and didn't have this issue. Maybe there is something else causing it?
    I found out what the issue was, it was me being impatient, basically if you right click off the serpent strike buff it will never come back until you respec xD I mean it shouldn't happen but noone is going to right click off that buff anyway, I was just doing it for testing reasons
    Nixia@Greybriar


  6. #6
    RIFT Guide Writer huangchingho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Could you post a parse screenshot for reference?

    Is 61Sin/8NB/7Ranger the most optimal variant? Why not 61Sin/15BD/0ranger?

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    123

    Default

    So from my personal testing and those that I know for 61 sin taking the serpent strike legendary is a dps lost over using poison malice legendary for one reason legendary assassinate procs ALL poisons wether currently used as a weapon buff or not. You call effectively reset the CD of poison malice 4-5 times for longer larger poison damage meaning that Assassinate will be hitting harder longer. Also the reason that ranger and nightshade are better off-souls for assassin is because 61sins dps is largely not from finishers which would be why you would go into BD most of its dps will be from Assassinate.

  8. #8
    Champion of Telara Stihl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anmoa View Post
    So from my personal testing and those that I know for 61 sin taking the serpent strike legendary is a dps lost over using poison malice legendary for one reason legendary assassinate procs ALL poisons wether currently used as a weapon buff or not. You call effectively reset the CD of poison malice 4-5 times for longer larger poison damage meaning that Assassinate will be hitting harder longer. Also the reason that ranger and nightshade are better off-souls for assassin is because 61sins dps is largely not from finishers which would be why you would go into BD most of its dps will be from Assassinate.
    The bonus poison procs from Assassinate do not benefit from Poison Malice. Legendary Malice is about a 9% increase in poison damage over normal Malice, with their overall contribution this is a ~3% gain in dps. Legendary Master of Poisons essentially doubles Serpent Strikes' dps, while also slightly increasing poison damage as those extra SS also trigger poisons. Plus I really hate the fact Legendary Malice doesn't have a 1s cd like Innumerable Shadows in Shadeborn to prevent accidental double taps.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

  9. #9
    RIFT Guide Writer Maltie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    Could you post a parse screenshot for reference?

    Is 61Sin/8NB/7Ranger the most optimal variant? Why not 61Sin/15BD/0ranger?


    Take off 4139 because of cleave (didnt move my dummy back after testing stuff)
    Nixia@Greybriar


  10. #10
    RIFT Guide Writer huangchingho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    481

    Default

    has anyone tried assborn yet? I'm doing 300k+ dps without any practicing

    Thanks for the parse btw Anizia

    I think with some improvements, it can be the top spec?

    Soulpoints:


    Gear and parse:

    4.0 Assassin-assborn.jpg

    4.0 Assassin-assborn-dps2.jpg

    For those who are interested, these are the stuffs i use: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by huangchingho; 12-04-2016 at 03:12 AM.

  11. #11
    RIFT Guide Writer Maltie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    has anyone tried assborn yet? I'm doing 300k+ dps without any practicing

    Thanks for the parse btw Anizia


    Same gear as the previous screenshot

    I was gonna do a write-up soon but I have an assignment due in tonight so i'll probably do it after

    Wont beat 61 SB but its pretty close compared to other souls atm
    Nixia@Greybriar


  12. #12
    RIFT Guide Writer huangchingho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post


    Same gear as the previous screenshot

    I was gonna do a write-up soon but I have an assignment due in tonight so i'll probably do it after

    Wont beat 61 SB but its pretty close compared to other souls atm
    but i guess it can be used when Lethal is needed, but yea, it's definitely better than assassin.

    LOL, i kinda enjoy the new assborn
    Last edited by huangchingho; 11-30-2016 at 07:44 PM.

  13. #13
    RIFT Guide Writer Maltie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    but i guess it can be used when Lethal is needed, but yea, it's definitely better than assassin.

    LOL, i kinda enjoy the new assborn

    Its way more fun than the old one, and even moreso than 61 SB (imo)
    Nixia@Greybriar


  14. #14
    Soulwalker Slyfin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Legendary Poison Malice does not go on cooldown if you cancel the buff before it expires. This also means the debuff does not apply.
    This is most likely a bug, but if it persists, why not take that over Legendary Assassinate?
    Slyfin@Greybriar | Tarsiel@Laethys

  15. #15
    RIFT Guide Writer Maltie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfin View Post
    Legendary Poison Malice does not go on cooldown if you cancel the buff before it expires. This also means the debuff does not apply.
    This is most likely a bug, but if it persists, why not take that over Legendary Assassinate?
    Because Legendary Assassinate is basically all of your dps
    Nixia@Greybriar


+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts