+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 61 Bladedancer 4.0

Default 61 Bladedancer 4.0

Bladedancer 4.1

The spec - 61 Bladedancer - 15 Ranger - 0 Tact.

Switch out Energy Manipulation for Planar Variation if you are doing aoe.

The Tact legendary (Empyrean Bolt) reduces the cooldown of your Twin Cleave (which refreshes your current dances) that allow for a 100% uptime on BaSP and Fated.

Legendary Abilities:

Fated Blades
    Hundred Blades
    Twin Cleave (100% uptime of BaSP parity is just too strong)
    Call: Razorbeast
    Empyrean Bolt

Buffs:

- Predatory Instincts
    - Combat Preparation - Overwritten in raids by bards/oracles
    - Defensive Pose, only to be toggled on when you're not near the fight or a disconnect is coming up

Combat Buffs (dances):
    Fated Blades
    Blade and Soul Parity
    Call: Razorbeast (use as soon as off cd)

These *should* be the only two dances that you will be using during the fight (assuming you do the rotation correctly)

If for some reason your dances fall off, Dualism is the next highest ST dance, if you're doing AoE use Blade Tempo.

With the changes to Bladedancer, Precision Strike and Quick Strike can now be used after any damaging ability (rather than only after a keen/binary strike). With this, the rotation for ST should look something like this;

Opener;

Apply Dances -> Flash of Steel -> Finisher (to proc Deadly Dance) -> Call: Razorbeast -> Precision Strike -> Binary Strike -> Precision Strike -> Double Strike

From this point your rotation would look something like;

- Precision Strike - Binary - Precision - Fin

With Twin Cleave, you want to use this when Fated/BaSP are at 1-2seconds (depending on how comfortable you are, and taking into account latency/skill lag if you have any)
    Once you've used Twin Cleave, you will want to use Empyrean Bolt twice (possible to use it once if you have 0 lag) so you would just replace a Binary with Empyrean Bolt (has a 6s cooldown, so keep that in mind and dont wait till the last second of your dances)

With this rotation your dances will have a 100% uptime assuming you do the rotation correctly.

Dualism Rotation:

Spoiler!

AoE Rotation:

Spoiler!

Notes -

Hundred Blades and Dancing steel – the first tick of damage on these abilities happens a gcd after its cast, if you can time the mechanics that its needed for, it can be a dps increase.

Kalert Set:

KA::Avq1HeNqlUttKxDAQ/ZV+gSa9JCl5Sm/gi8ha3xbCtI1usJsubVxZ8eNN4woV96GsnAQmmeHMOczU79oEe a/gqDjmNT/0cFIjD3nlUS/SArMiZQInJKQxxVnMEfdFyGGjny0vwMLt9uluC43utT1
    J3Q5m2lpHIic76lcl4abrJk7ilFPGeOwPduB5eV+XmznCHhFya uqfb/8ivlf1mfXQqQBMFzwOb33
    wAKPrtVQ/h7Owy4UiDsuChYg5L1VOE8TDueEaJ6M6agu9/lC4/TaSEk4jut5IvDRSgVVd4FVOf/W7u8yLCNEoJ0VG46Qsk6paL3sHY6PNixrlYQfGDnvZeM7zLOg/LJT7w2lUYIJs6O2lDfpdIBBJcVFlCcFM5Ejg1TsErdWtBiPVmV A2jvA8BOeA0eu26Qsn1eeo

Big thanks to Filthshots@Typhiria for adding in the links for all the abilities! You did a great job!
    Last edited by Maltie; 06-11-2017 at 05:07 AM.
    Nixia@Greybriar

Rift Disciple

Better ST dps rotation would be Precision Strike->Binary strike->Precision Strike->Finisher Rinse repeat Off hand attack no longer require Keen or Binary to proc them So the Binary strike could be swapped with Empyrean Bolt and GG 3GCD's then FInisher+ All COmbo points get the boost from Deadly Dance
    Also Deadly strike is Useless to use if you are doing the above rotation its 5point finisher will do less dps then Precision buffed by Deadly Dance. So you would want to take Hundred blades Legendary instead for Boosting AE dps
    Last edited by Anmoa; 11-21-2016 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Added in Deadlystrike Sillyness

Quote Originally Posted by Anmoa View Post
    Better ST dps rotation would be Precision Strike->Binary strike->Precision Strike->Finisher Rinse repeat Off hand attack no longer require Keen or Binary to proc them So the Binary strike could be swapped with Empyrean Bolt and GG 3GCD's then FInisher+ All COmbo points get the boost from Deadly Dance
    Quick Strike still deals more damage than Precision, however I shall test that just to see

With Emp Bolt it does significantly less damage than Binary, so is a dps loss to keep spamming more than twice in your rotation

*edit*

Good spot on the Precision rotation, ill add that in, but Deadly Strike still does more damage than a Precision even with deadly dance.

Last edited by Maltie; 11-21-2016 at 12:43 AM.
    Nixia@Greybriar

Rift Disciple

The idea isnt to spam Empyrean bolt its just swapping it with Binary strike in the rotation to keep Precision-> builder-> Precision, another thing is that if you want good flow in abilities you can Use Empyrean more to let you beable to get Twin Cleave to beable to swap into the rotation instead of Binary, for the same idea of Precision -> builder -> Precision. could possibly test around with grabbing Puncture in Sin and doing the same, since in specs like Assdancer Puncture is a dps gain if used during 1st two abilities of Deadly dance. For the thing with Deadly Strike Legendary, You would have to test the ST rotation With it and Without it, Because IMO without it should be dps increase because you will get more Double strike finishers out quicker without using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anmoa View Post
    The idea isnt to spam Empyrean bolt its just swapping it with Binary strike in the rotation to keep Precision-> builder-> Precision, another thing is that if you want good flow in abilities you can Use Empyrean more to let you beable to get Twin Cleave to beable to swap into the rotation instead of Binary, for the same idea of Precision -> builder -> Precision. could possibly test around with grabbing Puncture in Sin and doing the same, since in specs like Assdancer Puncture is a dps gain if used during 1st two abilities of Deadly dance. For the thing with Deadly Strike Legendary, You would have to test the ST rotation With it and Without it, Because IMO without it should be dps increase because you will get more Double strike finishers out quicker without using it.

I did mention that you should swap out Empyrean for Binary at points during the rotation, twice, I think

I dont think Puncture would do much, you'd lose the 60% damage you'd get from Precision, i'll check later, need to go to class soon
    Nixia@Greybriar

Soulwalker

Default Useful for leveling?

Is this useful for leveling a rogue from start to finish with 4.0? If not could someone point me in the right direction please. Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsaber View Post
    Is this useful for leveling a rogue from start to finish with 4.0? If not could someone point me in the right direction please. Much appreciated!
    You could go 61 BD and 4 points into tact, using the Curative Engine Legendary at 66, thats what I did, worked pretty well can take quite a few mobs without dying and kill them quite quickly too
    Nixia@Greybriar

Buffs:

- Virulent Poision
    - Leeching Poison
    - Combat Preparation - Overwritten in raids by bards/oracles
    - Defensive Pose, only to be toggled on when you're not near the fight or a disconnect is coming up
    You don't have Assassin in this spec but mention these...

Quote Originally Posted by Londyn View Post
    You don't have Assassin in this spec but mention these...
    oops, completely forgot I changed it to ranger xD

Thanks!
    Nixia@Greybriar

clicked spec link and it has 11 in ranger and 0 in other 2 souls
    Sanivin@Hailol

Quote Originally Posted by Sanivor View Post
    clicked spec link and it has 11 in ranger and 0 in other 2 souls
    Here you go: https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#T/xkGB5liGkG8/z8Eu

Doesn't include the Masteries or the Legendaries, but that's the spec (I think that's the breakdown Maltie used).
    Last edited by Artewig; 11-22-2016 at 09:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Here you go: https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#T/xkGB5liGkG8/z8Eu

Doesn't include the Masteries or the Legendaries, but that's the spec (I think that's the breakdown Maltie used).

(this is why you should proof-read twice!) Thanks! xDD
    Nixia@Greybriar

@stormsaber

Bladedancer is a very good leveling spec since it does both good ST dps and amazing AOE dps and I would recommend going 4 points into Tact so you get the *legendary* curative engine.. That really does a lot of self healing during combat

Swap out some points from ranger, and even though you will do a little less dps, you will survive all the fights easily.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raid member of GraySkull"

Was going to comment on the poison buffs ... sneaky how you managed to get them in there. I see they are gone now
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    Was going to comment on the poison buffs ... sneaky how you managed to get them in there. I see they are gone now
    Shh nothing happened, we seen nothing
    Nixia@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast