+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Phloromancer Raid Heals PvE Guide

Post [4.0] Phloromancer Healing Guide - 38 Tactician/38 Physician/0 Ranger

Let me Introduce to you: Phloromancer - The official Rogue Healing spec in 4.0 Starfall Prophecy, this spec currently does extremely well in healing small instances such as SFP expert dungeons, PvP warfronts, as well as Planar Assault/Instant Adventures.

Ever since the buff that is made to Curative Engine, which is a combination of the Restorative Engine along with a 225% healing boost which made Tactician the new viable healing spec. (Down from 350%)

61 Tactician currently has decent damage-prevention utility but is lacking healing utilities like AOE cleanse, and battle resurrection.

Therefore, Phloromancer is the perfect solution! The heals are amazing and are not limited to positioning. This hybrid includes physician AOE/ST cleanses and a battle resurrection! Aside from the amazing heals you get from this build, you also deal minor DPS just like a Mage Chloromancer.

Pros:

There's quite a substantial buff, 50% increased healing for Curative Core,

Restorative Engine could directly heal 10 raid members comparing to Alternative Treatment.

No casting means you're free to move while playing this build anytime you want.

There's more passive healing that comes from Curative Remote which is similar to Chloromancer's Radiant Spores but stronger, because it's a 100% proc.

So technically, the more raid members, the higher your HPS will get. Your heals mostly come from HoTs.

Cons:

Restorative Engine cannot crit, so the engine procs do not benefit from Physical Crit and Crit power.

Overhealing goes to waste.

No AOE shields.

Link to comprehensive guide:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Conclusion:

Zero issue with solo healing IAs, and SPE is a piece of cake (Though 2000 hit is preferable for hitting those Empyrean bolts).

Not many people have discovered the potential of this build, it does amazing heals in a raid situation, does not have movement restriction and is buffed by the Tactician changes by a significant amount. I do however believe this spec will be used in SFP 20 man raids if Tactician stays the same (Since 61TACT has no Battle resurrection and AOE cleanse).

Some numbers from 350% curative engine increased healing:
    Spoiler!

If you're group is missing a Bard but also in need of a raid healer, try Bardphys!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...port-spec.html
    Last edited by huangchingho; 12-22-2016 at 08:15 PM.

This is a guide section, not a misinforming new people section. This build used to be a thing then it got nerfed and even at the time was kinda iffy with phystact still being more useful.
    There is no reason to use it ever in a raid. The hps is massively misleading since only a small part of it is actually effective. For instance, both bard and phys have healing abilities that while being aoe they will select and affect the members that need healing the most, making your heals really efficient.
    Even disregarding this factor its not even that much, it doesnt pull impressive hps numbers.
    Also Break Free on every single macro is awful and the bad habbit of having it on macros like that means you have 0 control of when to use it. You can play w/e way you want but putting that info on a guide showing ppl "how" to play isnt rly that great and hurts more than it helps.
    Last edited by Nasacrim; 07-26-2016 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasacrim View Post
    This is a guide section, not a misinforming new people section. This build used to be a thing then it got nerfed and even at the time was kinda iffy with phystact still being more useful.
    There is no reason to use it ever in a raid. The hps is massively misleading since only a small part of it is actually effective. For instance, both bard and phys have healing abilities that while being aoe they will select and affect the members that need healing the most, making your heals really efficient.
    Even disregarding this factor its not even that much, it doesnt pull impressive hps numbers.
    Also Break Free on every single macro is awful and the bad habbit of having it on macros like that means you have 0 control of when to use it. You can play w/e way you want but putting that info on a guide showing ppl "how" to play isnt rly that great and hurts more than it helps.
    Thanks for the comment.
    If you feel misinformed, you probably have misinterpreted. I am not forcing anyone here.
    I have never mentioned that it is meant to replace Phystact, it's just another alternative spec, I have tested these two specs over the past few months and can confirm that it's still a viable, fun raid healing rogue build. And it still works in all T1,2,3 encounters depending on the raid setup (Just because it work's like Chloromancer, yes Chlormancer is viable and needed). It's true that with same gears, you can pull higher HPS and DPS. But phystact would have better eHPS, combining shields and heals. I don't see why people shouldn't know these two specs. For me, I kept both, because I know that Phystact is better at healing 10 man, while Phloro is still better at healing 20 man raids. And they are very much true.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 07-26-2016 at 11:29 AM.

Just out of curiosity, what T3 fights are you using this spec on? Also, phystact shouldn't be having energy issues. Fervor + Adrenaline Shot should be more than enough, plus just in case you can have Energy Potions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what T3 fights are you using this spec on? Also, phystact shouldn't be having energy issues. Fervor + Adrenaline Shot should be more than enough, plus just in case you can have Energy Potions.
    Whenever burst healing is not needed? like COA Azaphrentus, Duke Eblius, could work on Fyragnos, Hericius HM too just because it's similar to Chloro, pretty sure people will take warden instead though. Haven't done it on MoM but not sure why it shouldn't work, numbers are similar to chloro or liberators.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 07-26-2016 at 11:50 AM.

Medicinal Leeching is a horrible ability.

Viral Infection > Empyrean Bolt. You could pull more dps in Phystac just spamming Active Treatment/Expectant Treatment for VI procs while still retaining full healing capabilities.
    Last edited by Stihl; 07-26-2016 at 03:53 PM.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    Thanks for the comment.
    If you feel misinformed, you probably have misinterpreted. I am not forcing anyone here.
    A guide is meant to inform and teach people about a subject. Your guide is incorrect and inaccurate so yes thats actively misinforming people.
    Hps is deceiving with no ehps, its basically sniping heals that would be healed either way. Break frees on macros....
    It also does not perform as a chloro but far from it. Chloro does much more, much better. Tbh any aoe healer in the game does much more much better. Same for phystact comparisons.
    Last edited by Nasacrim; 07-26-2016 at 04:06 PM.

It is possible to say you disagree with the spec, list the reasons why and point out better options, without tearing the poster down.

You don't like the spec, then simply post what you feel is wrong about it and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiahcp View Post
    It is possible to say you disagree with the spec, list the reasons why and point out better options, without tearing the poster down.

You don't like the spec, then simply post what you feel is wrong about it and move on.
    I have all the correct rotations in the guide and have been as informative as i could.
    umm... that guy seemed to disagree/hate me putting Break frees into macros while It's just a personal preference. However, he's not being specific about why he think the build doesn't work or whatsoever. If he'd be specific like "I suck at rogue and I'm scared of trying out other specs". I'd still be happy to assist him because I'm a nice person. I don't really have time to argue with irrelevant people as they don't gain me any good. I'm just here to help.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 07-27-2016 at 07:40 PM.

I can be more specific if thats the problem.
    This is not the 1st time this spec shows up in this expansion or in the game.

* The first problem about it is that most of the healing it does is very inneficient by either going to targets that dont need it simply because they arent topped of. They are not gonna die or be even close to but they still contribute to what shows up in the metter.
    * It also "steals" hps from other healers you are paired with due to the fact that most of what you do is easily healable since this spec can only deal with slow constant damage and they would heal through a big part of it without a phloromancer being there. The worst part about it is that thats all a phloromancer does, it brings no cooldowns, no mitigation or shielding like other specs do +they do what this spec does better, examples being chloro and lib.
    * The passive healing talents you get from tact are worthless. The 50% healing on the core is not a real 50%, you can test it yourself by swapping and reading the tooltips. For the most part phystact specs have higher healing values for abilities.
    * Restorative engine and curative remote cannot proc healing procs at all and group therapy has a chance of proccing on the first tick and i think so does the core, not 100% sure. Unless that has been fixed the past month, rip benefiting from healing procs.
    * This one is a sad story... Restorative engine cannot crit. At all. This means rip cp scaling, rip crit benefits from a raid setup for that ability.
    * Last but not least you can replace this with several aoe healing specs that do better and offer more to a raid.

That said, its still a niche spec that can do okish as an aoe healer, just not the most optimal thing to have. Its still fun and interesting to play.

Also idc if break free on macros is a preference or w/e, if this is meant to be a guide you are objectively explaining people how to play. Having it like that is a mistake.

Oh and here is one of the previous guides on it. That was prenerf remote, also managed to find the qq thread for that one.
    At the time the nerf got me thinking if it wouldnt be preferable to just go phystact with restorative + bolt.
    You would lose the "nerfed" curative remote and the kinda useless 5O% talent to boost the core by doing that in exchange for higher healing from the physician talent tree. Honestly i never tested this.
    Last edited by Nasacrim; 07-28-2016 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasacrim View Post
    I can be more specific if thats the problem.
    This is not the 1st time this spec shows up in this expansion or in the game.

* The first problem about it is that most of the healing it does is very inneficient by either going to targets that dont need it simply because they arent topped of. They are not gonna die or be even close to but they still contribute to what shows up in the metter.
    * It also "steals" hps from other healers you are paired with due to the fact that most of what you do is easily healable since this spec can only deal with slow constant damage and they would heal through a big part of it without a phloromancer being there. The worst part about it is that thats all a phloromancer does, it brings no cooldowns, no mitigation or shielding like other specs do +they do what this spec does better, examples being chloro and lib.
    * The passive healing talents you get from tact are worthless. The 50% healing on the core is not a real 50%, you can test it yourself by swapping and reading the tooltips. For the most part phystact specs have higher healing values for abilities.
    * Restorative engine and curative remote cannot proc healing procs at all and group therapy has a chance of proccing on the first tick and i think so does the core, not 100% sure. Unless that has been fixed the past month, rip benefiting from healing procs.
    * This one is a sad story... Restorative engine cannot crit. At all. This means rip cp scaling, rip crit benefits from a raid setup for that ability.
    * Last but not least you can replace this with several aoe healing specs that do better and offer more to a raid.

That said, its still a niche spec that can do okish as an aoe healer, just not the most optimal thing to have. Its still fun and interesting to play.

Also idc if break free on macros is a preference or w/e, if this is meant to be a guide you are objectively explaining people how to play. Having it like that is a mistake.

Oh and here is one of the previous guides on it. That was prenerf remote, also managed to find the qq thread for that one.
    At the time the nerf got me thinking if it wouldnt be preferable to just go phystact with restorative + bolt.
    You would lose the "nerfed" curative remote and the kinda useless 5O% talent to boost the core by doing that in exchange for higher healing from the physician talent tree. Honestly i never tested this.
    Those, of course I am aware of pros and cons. I know it's been nerfed and restorative engine doesn't crit (i've been testing for months) But I did the guide and share the kalerts because people were amazed with the heals and some wanted to know how to play it. Despite the cons of the spec, it's still viable and strong. You were accusing of the spec is "incorrect" as if I am the one who nerfed it. ROFL
    BTW, the 50% curative core boost is huge. Each tick is a 1.2k HPS buff for me, it usually is the top HPS ability in short fights.
    What if i tell you this is the only rogue raid healing spec that is capable of outhealing warden? Will you change your mind?
    Last edited by huangchingho; 07-28-2016 at 04:12 AM.

Those, of course I am aware of pros and cons. I know it's been nerfed and restorative engine doesn't crit. But I did the guide because people were amazed with the heals and some wanted to know how to play it. Despite the cons of the spec, it's still viable and strong. You were accusing of the spec is "incorrect" as if I am the one nerfed it. ROFL
    What if i tell you this is the only rogue raid healing spec that is capable of outhealing warden? Will you change your mind?
    My god... if you really want high heal number play with healing torrent whatever the points in tact but please phloromancer is like ranger the spec is here, works, but nobody should play it, it's never the best choice as rogue. There is always a better solution in rogue spec library for whatever purpose you looking for
    T1 clear -- T2 clear -- MoM clear

What? This spec isn't even the highest throughput Rogue spec. Something using Curative Torrent like this would blow Phloromancer away.

And if you think this competes with Warden you really don't get the concept of effective healing and heal sniping. A whole bunch of tiny little heals hitting every second (Curative Remote, Curative Core, Restorative Engine) look decent on a meter for a fight where healing doesn't really matter but all you are doing in reality is making your actual raid healers (Lib, Chloro, Warden) overheal more.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Those, of course I am aware of pros and cons. I know it's been nerfed and restorative engine doesn't crit (i've been testing for months) But I did the guide because people were amazed with the heals and some wanted to know how to play it. Despite the cons of the spec, it's still viable and strong. You were accusing of the spec is "incorrect" as if I am the one who nerfed it. ROFL
    BTW, the 50% curative core boost is huge. Each tick is a 1.2k HPS buff for me, it usually is the top HPS ability in short fights.
    Here's another.

I played this spec during Jinoscoth progression and some Sicaron progression (swapped to phystact partway through because the shielding made a massive difference). I still play it in SoLs and I would still play it on Jinoscoth, but that's about it. Shielding is almost too good to pass up on.

The spec has an extremely high hps. If you were to do an SoL with the same group, once with phystact and once with this spec, you'd see much higher hps from this spec, but overall less damage taken with phystact. Now, in my opinion, it's better to have less damage taken than more healing done. I would take phystact over this spec on literally any boss as it's shielding is huge.

Also, "capable of outhealing" a warden really doesn't say much. With hots rolling, battle remote active, and causal treatment lining up, phystact can outheal warden too (I've done it on Herecius). All that means is that you got to the meaningless heals first. Think about the Depth Hunter during an SoL. After he casts Radial Threat, he does damage to the raid. If you get those heals, your hps is going to shoot up ahead of others. But in reality, the bard could have solo healed that damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Here's another.

I played this spec during Jinoscoth progression and some Sicaron progression (swapped to phystact partway through because the shielding made a massive difference). I still play it in SoLs and I would still play it on Jinoscoth, but that's about it. Shielding is almost too good to pass up on.

The spec has an extremely high hps. If you were to do an SoL with the same group, once with phystact and once with this spec, you'd see much higher hps from this spec, but overall less damage taken with phystact. Now, in my opinion, it's better to have less damage taken than more healing done. I would take phystact over this spec on literally any boss as it's shielding is huge.

Also, "capable of outhealing" a warden really doesn't say much. With hots rolling, battle remote active, and causal treatment lining up, phystact can outheal warden too (I've done it on Herecius). All that means is that you got to the meaningless heals first. Think about the Depth Hunter during an SoL. After he casts Radial Threat, he does damage to the raid. If you get those heals, your hps is going to shoot up ahead of others. But in reality, the bard could have solo healed that damage.
    Yes, I always switch to Phystact during stage 3. But what I am saying is that, he accused of my guide being incorrect.. . After months of testing, my conclusion is that Phystact is better than Phloromancer almost in all 10 man encounters because the raid shield can usually cover all the raid members, and Alternative Treatment makes Casual Treatment a lot more effective than Curative Remote. However, I would still take Phloromancer in all the 20 man encounters if there's no one shot mechanics (like SOL stage 3) and no burst heals are needed because of Pure HPS and more heal coverage on builders. (Alternative Treatment vs Restorative Engine)
    Last edited by huangchingho; 07-28-2016 at 04:35 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast