+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: 61 Marksman in PvE -- A comprehensive guide

Niv
    Soulwalker

My crit chance in charactersheet is ~20%, Simple Meter says infight it's the same, so it seems neither "Killer Instinct" nor "Full Metal Jacket" do anything at all.
    Is it a bug? Or do i get something wrong?
    With this both skills working as their discription says, the MM should have 10% more crits, getting it's DPS more in line with other speccs, i think.
    If MM has to waste 4 skillpoints for nothing at all...

those boni are added to the shots themselves, so you wont see them in any tooltips or meters

but i can promise you they work
    Last edited by Nynja; 03-07-2014 at 11:03 AM.
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

You'll see it in ACT, but not Simple Meter.
    Kukri @Deepwood
    <-VIRUS->

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I wish there was a way to record combat logs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Why can't sab have GTAE for its traps? This cast time is really lame, its 2014, make it so.

A guildmate of my mine suggested using this build instead of the one on this thread, as well as dropping Deadeye Shot from the rotation.

Thoughts? I'm a bit leery of this, as I've always seen higher numbers putting DS in my rotation and that build just doesn't seem like it'd be a DPS gain over 10 RNG/5 NB.

10RNG/5NB:
    23% all dmg
    14% AP
    5% crit

5RS/10NB:
    12.5% all dmg
    20% AP
    10% dmg to CP gen abilities
    Last edited by KelbornOrdo; 03-28-2014 at 02:14 PM.

Short answer: no.

Long answer: Blazing Fury is godawful for Marksman, because you're already drowning in passive damage boosts and they stack additively rather than multiplicatively. That 10% to builders in Nightblade ends up being something around 4.5% for Swift Shot, and 4.2% for Strafe and Empowered Shot. It's dramatically inferior to what you gain out of Ranger.

The DPS gain from using Deadeye Shot is small, so on movement-heavy encounters it can be worthwhile to not use it (if you end up moving and interrupting a cast, it's not worth it), but almost every encounter in the game has at least some part of the fight where you know that you'll be able to stand still for a period of time, and DES is definitely worth it at that point.

Unfortunately, your guidmate does not know what he's talking about.

Shadowlander

Default Hmm

i think muspeli said everything :P
    Last edited by Galandriel; 03-28-2014 at 05:37 PM.

Ascendant

for the burn phases 58 MM / 18 BD is better imo.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    for the burn phases 58 MM / 18 BD is better imo.
    No. Just... no.

Free Recoil is the strongest tool available for burn phases.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    No. Just... no.

Free Recoil is the strongest tool available for burn phases.
    Are you sure? BD gives you +30% dmg boost for 15 seconds from blade tempo (same duration as flaring and ootp) you also get +18% from the soul gifts and +10% dex (which is around ~300 dex in BIS items) and +10% dmg on finishers, +10% on combo points abilities and +6% dmg for 10? sec on crit from hack and slash passive. (you'll have it always when needed due to bulls eye)

This is imo much higher dps in these 15sec burn phases than free recoil.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    Are you sure? BD gives you +30% dmg boost for 15 seconds from blade tempo (same duration as flaring and ootp) you also get +18% from the soul gifts and +10% dex (which is around ~300 dex in BIS items) and +10% dmg on finishers, +10% on combo points abilities and +6% dmg for 10? sec on crit from hack and slash passive. (you'll have it always when needed due to bulls eye)

This is imo much higher dps in these 15sec burn phases than free recoil.
    I am 100% sure. Free Recoil is insanely powerful for burst (especially if Quick Reload is up). Not to mention the fact that the passive benefits from BD are way crappier than the standard MM subsouls.

Plane Touched

I have been asked to learn to play MM for those bosses that require purging and on the whole this guide explains everything perfectly but the following parts aren't clear (NOT saying wrong, I just don't understand it)

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Finisher Priority: Rapid Fire Shot> Hasted Shot (when Free Recoil is active) > Deadeye Shot (when standing still)>Hasted Shot (when moving)

Bull’s Eye should be used with Deadeye Shot.
    Why, if rapid fire shot is the finisher with the highest priority, is Bull's eye used to buff deadeye instead? Probably missing something rather obvious
    Last edited by Kaltai; 06-30-2014 at 07:47 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kaltai View Post
    I have been asked to learn to play MM for those bosses that require purging and on the whole this guide explains everything perfectly but the following parts aren't clear (NOT saying wrong, I just don't understand it)

Why, if rapid fire shot is the finisher with the highest priority, is Bull's eye used to buff deadeye instead? Probably missing something rather obvious
    Rapid Fire hits multiple times and Bullseye only affects the first hit. Deadeye is one big hit which is why it's best used with that.
    Twocents@Deepwood

<Mirage>

I'm the rainbow ninja

Plane Touched

As simple as that, huh?

Thank you very much

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kaltai View Post
    As simple as that, huh?

Thank you very much
    My expanded Finisher Priority: Rapid Fire Shot w/ FR active > Hasted Shot w/ FR active > Deadeye Shot w/ Bull's Eye & standing still > Rapid Fire Shot /wo FR active > Deadeye Shot wo/ Bull's Eye, but standing still > Hasted Shot wo/ FR active

You also want your stacks of Silver Tip munitions on the target to be at 3 before you blow the DES/BE combo, so I never open on a target with it, even if I have 5 CPs to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    My expanded Finisher Priority: Rapid Fire Shot w/ FR active > Hasted Shot w/ FR active > Deadeye Shot w/ Bull's Eye & standing still > Rapid Fire Shot /wo FR active > Deadeye Shot wo/ Bull's Eye, but standing still > Hasted Shot wo/ FR active
    Rapid Fire Shot is higher priority than Bull's Eye DES, because you don't want it to be languishing when it's off cooldown. RFS hits very, very hard, meaning that you want to get it off as often as possible.

Deadeye Shot is actually relatively unimpressive, even with Bull's Eye. It looks strong, but keep in mind that it has a 1.5s cast time compared to your 1s GCD, which means that you can't just compare the raw damage without taking that extra .5s into account.

It's still a DPS gain to use it, but it's smaller than you might think.
    Last edited by Muspel; 06-30-2014 at 09:04 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast