Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Rogue Specs/Macros/K-Alerts

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrazyKlown View Post

Because i dont parse my ACT results because I would have been laughed off of the forums for running crap specs rotations and macros that can't pull even mediocre dps while claiming to be a top dps rogue with the best specs and rotations.

There fixed that for you

You inability to understand English terms is amazing, its okay i forgive you. Oh do please provide me with the definition for the word parse if i am indeed wrong. You didnt, you cant, the end.
    Parse is, in ordinary speech, a verb. It means "to analyze by breaking into components". (It's usually used to talk about breaking sentences into understandable parts, i.e. "I couldn't parse what he was saying", but more broadly it can refer to doing the same to pretty much any kind of information or data.)

In Rift, it refers to the output of various utilities that take the input of the combat log and organize it into a more readable and useful format. In other words, they parse the combat log. People started using the word as a noun, and thus the output of ACT and Hypatia is called a "parse".

Because i dont parse my ACT results for a thread that was started for just general information, oh no how dare they not take me seriously. I must have the love of all sheep. *snicker*
    "Guys, I have these builds. I know that they're the best, but I can't show you how. Just because you have tons of parses, experience, and logic that says otherwise doesn't mean anything, because I have evidence. But I won't show it to you, because proving things is for losers.

Then you agree other specs can be used, so why flame 8 tact/7Bard because it is a very viable build depending on gear or the encounter, again if you need the HP use the 8 ranger/7 bard. We agree for HP 7 Rng/8Bard is best. stop trying to argue and make walls of post for nothing. Stop stepping on your feet, you cant dance like that monkey.
    Other specs can be used, but that's not really a meaningful statement. I could tank a dungeon in 45RS/31Sab, but it would be a really stupid thing to do.

Viable is not a useful metric when comparing specs. Competitive and optimal are the measurements that actually matter.

There is not a single encounter in the entire game where tact/bard is better than ranger/bard (unless you overgear it, and it doesn't matter which spec you use in that situation anyways).
    Last edited by Muspel; 09-27-2013 at 08:43 PM.

Rift Team

Hi everyone,

We feel that this thread has degenerated into a non-constructive discussion, so we've closed it. Please remember to keep your comments respectful and constructive at all times on our forums, even when you disagree with others.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us by sending a PM to a community team member.

Thank you!

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6