Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Rogue Specs/Macros/K-Alerts

Plane Touched

Just because you and a few others dont understand my setups then feel free to ask
    Post after post questioning your macro layout decisions, and to date you have no defended or explained any of them, just make blanket claims about how great they are, and taken digs at people for being too soft in the head to fully comprehend your magnificence.

But ok, I'll play your game:

***** Single Target *****
    #show Planar Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Phantom Blow
    cast Guarded Steel
    cast Planar Strike
    cast Empyrean Bolt
    cast Break Free
    Press button: Phantom Blow [Builder, 2 points, 10 second cooldown]
    Press button: Guarded Steel [Finisher, burning 2 points]
    Press button: Planar Strike [Builder, 1 point]
    Press button: Guarded Steel [Finisher, burning 1 point]

This is just bad. It's a terrible idea. Seriously. While the job of the tank is not to burn stuff down, deliberately handicapping your damage output by pointlessly using up less than 5 stars on your finisher is just an awful plan.

If you want to fire up the guarded steel defensive buff quickly with the one star, by all means...but do it with two freaking buttons. That way you have a decision in the matter, instead of your macro bleeding out stars with piddly damage.

The way you have this set up, it's impossible for you to ever get to 5 stars for any finisher using normal attacks. In order to get there, you have to burn abilities with sometimes lengthy cooldowns and other more important uses (ie: your teleports). Riftstalkers are not exactly swimming in builders.

Quote Originally Posted by spowers454 View Post
    Just because you play a bad spec with bad macros and pull more dps that the right spec and right rotations doesn't make your spec better.
    This made my day, I had no idea Higher DPS was not desirable, lol

In this case you made a whole guide of wrong info, specs, rotations and macros. Not even one of them is worth using how you say to play it
    Funny You didn't post a useful retort, to much effort but yet you can vomit out long paragraph of nothing, Kudos Sir

TBH I wouldn't invite anyone using any of this to raid with even my worst of alts.
    Oh this has magic and can see every ones macros and setups in a raid, BEWARE! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrazyKlown View Post
    This made my day, I had no idea Higher DPS was not desirable, lol

Funny You didn't post a useful retort, to much effort but yet you can vomit out long paragraph of nothing, Kudos Sir

Oh this has magic and can see every ones macros and setups in a raid, BEWARE! LOL!
    He doesn't need to see everyones macros and setups, he can just look at the person doing the lowest dps....
    Last edited by Avilah; 09-10-2013 at 07:38 PM.

First of all +1 for effort to improve the rift community and add helpful guides. I really appreciate that the goal of what you are trying to do is to help people.

Now, in order to write good guides, not that i write them well enough to post on the public forums, you need to back up your ideas.

I'm not really going to sit here and pin point things that are bad in your macros, there are plenty of errors as pointed out by Zazen and others, but you really need to provide us with some pts parses or some way of proving that using your macros and rotations can result in good dps.

Also you really shouldn't be trying to macro so many things, this is why people are telling you its doing more harm than good, you simply can't throw builders, finishers and 2min cd's in one button. I feel like you are trying to create 1 button specs where such things aren't possible.

In the future, try to learn about some of the specs by practicing in raid and comparing to others, and once you fully master the spec you can share it with others to improve the community. As of right now, you have given people macros that will give them a completely false impression on how to play a rogue properly, as well as your specs will perform horrible in raids.
    Last edited by Avalanchee; 09-10-2013 at 07:39 PM.

4/4+RA FT 4/5 EE 2/4 GA

Avalanchee - Snowflakee - Anguish Recruitment Officer - #FlameBlitz

***** Interrupt @Focus *****
    #show Planar Disruption
    cast @focus Planar Disruption

For anyone actually new to any rogue spec, this setup for the interrupt macro is the only macro you should copy out of the guide posted.

4/4+RA FT 4/5 EE 2/4 GA

Avalanchee - Snowflakee - Anguish Recruitment Officer - #FlameBlitz

Plane Touched

I had no idea Higher DPS was not desirable
    You obviously have no concept of the value of DPS, since you're cutting out about 40% of the damage your Riftstalker will be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    You obviously have no concept of the value of DPS, since you're cutting out about 40% of the damage your Riftstalker will be doing.
    Where did i say i was min maxing tank dps? thats the last thing if at all i look at as a tank, i more concern myself with my mitigation, where the raid is and whats is going on, interrupts or if purge are needed, if cleanses are or aren't going out and why.

then again i also have kalerts setup to show if support is doing their job so i watch for that as well. do you? or u to focused on the pew pew than u didnt noticed you archon and bard threw OOP and lava feild @ the same time since they dont stack, or that ur chloros are cliping each others WGs. or which one is actually debuffing or are they fighting each other for debuff control.

I guess what some people value as important as a tanks job, others dont or possibly dont care. *sigh*

Where did i say i was min maxing tank dps? thats the last thing if at all i look at as a tank, i more concern myself with my mitigation, where the raid is and whats is going on, interrupts or if purge are needed, if cleanses are or aren't going out and why.

then again i also have kalerts setup to show if support is doing their job so i watch for that as well. do you? or u to focused on the pew pew than u didnt noticed you archon and bard threw OOP and lava feild @ the same time since they dont stack, or that ur chloros are cliping each others WGs. or which one is actually debuffing or are they fighting each other for debuff control.

I guess what some people value as important as a tanks job, others dont or possibly dont care. *sigh*
    Of course all of those things are important. But you can do all of that without sacrificing DPS. DPS is how you hold threat, and every bit of DPS you can add is closer that you bring the raid to being able to beat an enrage timer or avoid a difficult mechanic or burst a boss down when the healers die. There is no such thing as useless DPS (except certain cases like killing adds that don't need to die, or immunity phases)
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 09-20-2013 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Of course all of those things are important. But you can do all of that without sacrificing DPS. DPS is how you hold threat, and every bit of DPS you can add is closer that you bring the raid to being able to beat an enrage timer or avoid a difficult mechanic or burst a boss down when the healers die. There is no such thing as useless DPS (except certain cases like killing adds that don't need to die, or immunity phases)
    Where did i say tank dps was useless? no where, i more concern myself with other aspects of tanking, and agro for me is never an issue the way i have mine setup, nor did i say you had to agree with how i have mine setup, havent anything steal agro from me or ran into an issue of generating to much threat either.

Commenting just to comment makes no sense, again this is just a list of information, not a 10 pages of why you need to use this ability.

Where did i say tank dps was useless? no where, i more concern myself with other aspects of tanking
    Then why do you have all of your cooldowns macroed to a single button? Why are you recommending a tanking spec that's inferior to Ranger/Bard on every encounter in the game? Why isn't Wrath of the Planes in your single-target rotation? Why aren't you using Power of the Planes?

I could go on, but I think I've made my point. You're not "concerning yourself with other aspects of tanking", you're just ignoring a ton of important stuff and getting upset when people call you on it.

Again: if you're going to write a guide, you need to make damn sure that it's accurate, rather than just spewing out a bunch of misinformation.
    Last edited by Muspel; 09-20-2013 at 02:21 PM.

And just for good measure, let's go over the other specs that you're recommending.
    • Your ranger spec's point distribution is supoptimal.
    • You should never macro Animalism and Feral Aggression to a builder.
    • You REALLY shouldn't macro Shadow Fire to Quick Shot.
    • For Marksman, you make no mention of Deadeye Shot (and for some reason you don't have Sentry Battery on your bar). You're also macroing Free Recoil and Empowered Shot onto Swift Shot, which is a bad idea.
    • Your bladedancer spec is worse than 12Assassin/3NB in every way.
    • You're prescribing a set order for Rhythmic Actions, rather than adjusting them depending on the situation. Massive DPS loss right there.
    • Your Assassin builder macro has Poison Malice, Expose Weakness, Thread of Death, and Jagged Strike in it, which will gut your DPS (not to mention the fact that it causes energy starvation).
    • You're also missing a second builder macro without Serpent Strike, to use when Serpent Pose hasn't procced.
    • The NB/Sin spec has Ebon Fury macroed to Dusk Strike.
    • Why on earth did you macro Power Chord to Coda of Restoration?
    • Why don't you have Coda of Wrath or Coda of Fury on your actionbar?
    • The 61NB spec has the same problem as NB/Sin, where you've macroed Ebon Fury to Dusk Strike.

There are more errors on top of those that I'm not even going to get started on.

You're either ignorant on how to properly play any rogue spec, in which case you shouldn't be writing guides, or you hate doing high DPS, in which case you really shouldn't be writing guides.

Telaran

muspel can you please explain why 12/3 is better than 8/7?

cause hellfire blades now do more damage than leching poison, also if 12/3 really is better , you go 5 magnify pain 2 ruthlessness?

Quote Originally Posted by Zandalia View Post
    muspel can you please explain why 12/3 is better than 8/7?

cause hellfire blades now do more damage than leching poison, also if 12/3 really is better , you go 5 magnify pain 2 ruthlessness?
    Because 8/7 makes you give up points in Magnify Pain and forces you to dump 3 points into Blazing Fury.

And yes, 5 Magnify Pain/2 Ruthlessness.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    And just for good measure, let's go over the other specs that you're recommending.
    • Your ranger spec's point distribution is supoptimal.
    • You should never macro Animalism and Feral Aggression to a builder.
    • You REALLY shouldn't macro Shadow Fire to Quick Shot.
    • For Marksman, you make no mention of Deadeye Shot (and for some reason you don't have Sentry Battery on your bar). You're also macroing Free Recoil and Empowered Shot onto Swift Shot, which is a bad idea.
    • Your bladedancer spec is worse than 12Assassin/3NB in every way.
    • You're prescribing a set order for Rhythmic Actions, rather than adjusting them depending on the situation. Massive DPS loss right there.
    • Your Assassin builder macro has Poison Malice, Expose Weakness, Thread of Death, and Jagged Strike in it, which will gut your DPS (not to mention the fact that it causes energy starvation).
    • You're also missing a second builder macro without Serpent Strike, to use when Serpent Pose hasn't procced.
    • The NB/Sin spec has Ebon Fury macroed to Dusk Strike.
    • Why on earth did you macro Power Chord to Coda of Restoration?
    • Why don't you have Coda of Wrath or Coda of Fury on your actionbar?
    • The 61NB spec has the same problem as NB/Sin, where you've macroed Ebon Fury to Dusk Strike.

There are more errors on top of those that I'm not even going to get started on.

You're either ignorant on how to properly play any rogue spec, in which case you shouldn't be writing guides, or you hate doing high DPS, in which case you really shouldn't be writing guides.
    Ranger spec is top, because how do you figure 3% dmg from magnify pain is grater than 6% dmg CB generating abilits + 4% more AP?
    try my macros spec an rotation, if you do less dps you did it wrong or you geared wrong for it thats all. and yes u want both cd popd @ the same time to maximize the dps in ranger,
    using shadow fire off CD is a dps gain since it does more than QS and its a biger gain with animalism up as well

dead eye shot is a dps loss in all situations unless you do not have an energy buff, the cast time is to long and the dmg inst enough to compensate

free recoil is macro'd with rapid fire and hasted shot

my blade dancer sub specs are far superior as well, 8 NB/7sn pulls way more since alot of your dmg comes from quick strike, among other reasons but thats just one

my rhythmic action order are that way because in all testing those are orders i have found to allow the highest spike/sustainable dps, no since in making the spec harder than it should be no wonder most people hate it, i only use blade tempo if i screw up

the asn macro needs to have expose weakness taken out thats my fault and thread should be taken out as well, jagged can be left as well as poisn malice in most cases,
    in a raid im not once energy starved could be my 30% crit rate base before raid buffs

you dont need a 2nd builder with out serpant good try though. agreed there is an error the orginal post although i cant edit people now have to wade though all this an ill post my corrected one once im home

the EF/DS macro i only use to regain energry or if the target is below 30% using it anytime before then has proven time an time again a dps loss as well as energy problem not sure why ur using it other wise or if u get different results great, bet its either an RNG thing or a different in stats, do you even consider some of this stuff before you post? *scratches head*

cuz im a lazy bard and saved some space and its a decent heal with 6k+ AP in a raid
    i dont place bard to dps i play bard to support the raid and and therefore never really use them, besides GA and i posted this before i had to play a "dps bard" but there are multiple times where switching to cadence for the extra was more useful just depends on the situation, i just dont like the idea of "dps bard"

please see the comment about NB/sin, thanks

please do try to find more errors and what you think is wrong by all means,

just for example about my specs, rotations ect ect

Ranger 8MB 7 Sin, 16.5K+ easy on dummy self buffed
    Rannger 12/3 : ~15.2k ish <---Your Build is better? so confused
    61 BladeDancer: 16.3K easy
    61 Sin: 18-18.5K dummy self buffd
    61Nb or NbSin: ~15.5k obviously better under 30%
    61 MM: ~15K

I can post my stats and what not once i get back to the house but im 99% sure my specs are the top FOR MY GEAR SET,

where did i say this was a full guide anyway? thats right i didnt Kudos for failing to read what i wrote and just talk away like you know everything, we all have our strong points reading isnt yours

one last thing tank specs, how do u figure 5% endurance is greater than 10% Armor and resist? do the math on hits and dmg taken or go to the dummy foundry and test bet ya i take less dmg and but have about 1-2k less hp it evens out, SL is either you die or u survive good mitigation like that ill take for 1-2k less hp. Hope you comment again buddy <3

Ranger spec is top, because how do you figure 3% dmg from magnify pain is grater than 6% dmg CB generating abilits + 4% more AP?
    Because of how damage multipliers work. That 6% on builders is additive with other passive bonuses (which includes the 76% passive damage boost from Gifts) because it's passive itself. By contrast, Magnify Pain is a debuff-based damage increasing effect, which means that it's multiplicative with all non-debuff sources. For Ranger, that means everything other than Ace Shot.

try my macros spec an rotation, if you do less dps you did it wrong or you geared wrong for it thats all. and yes u want both cd popd @ the same time to maximize the dps in ranger,
    I've tested plenty of ranger specs, including that one. It's worse.

using shadow fire off CD is a dps gain since it does more than QS and its a biger gain with animalism up as well
    Except not. When you use it off CD, it sometimes gets used when you're already at 4 combo points, which wastes the second CP it would have otherwise generated. You should also hold it in reserve if Animalism/FA will be up in the next eight seconds.

dead eye shot is a dps loss in all situations unless you do not have an energy buff, the cast time is to long and the dmg inst enough to compensate
    You have no clue what you're talking about. I've seen the math, I've done the math, and I've parsed it out. Deadeye Shot is a DPS gain if Rapid Fire Shot is on cooldown and Free Recoil is not active.

free recoil is macro'd with rapid fire and hasted shot
    Which is also a DPS loss.

my blade dancer sub specs are far superior as well, 8 NB/7sn pulls way more since alot of your dmg comes from quick strike, among other reasons but thats just one
    See above. Passive damage multipliers such as Burning Fury are less powerful than the tooltips would lead to believe due to how the effects stack. It's not going to give you 10% extra damage on builders-- the actual effect will be less than 5%, and won't affect Hundred Blades, Dancing Steel, weapon enchants, or finishers. By contrast, those points in Magnify Pain multiplies the effect of all of Bladedancer's passive damage boosts, and affects all of your damage rather than just part of it.

my rhythmic action order are that way because in all testing those are orders i have found to allow the highest spike/sustainable dps, no since in making the spec harder than it should be no wonder most people hate it, i only use blade tempo if i screw up
    You've clearly never used Bladedancer on any raid boss. Take Gelidra, for example-- you use a very different dance rotation there because you need AoE at certain times, and your rotation would have you AoEing during Dualism (which offers no benefit to any of your AoEs).

the asn macro needs to have expose weakness taken out thats my fault and thread should be taken out as well, jagged can be left as well as poisn malice in most cases,
    in a raid im not once energy starved could be my 30% crit rate base before raid buffs
    Leaving Jagged Strike in the macro causes you to waste combo points. Poison Malice should be synced to Jagged Strike.

you dont need a 2nd builder with out serpant good try though. agreed there is an error the orginal post although i cant edit people now have to wade though all this an ill post my corrected one once im home
    You absolutely do need a second builder macro. Even with full raid buffs, you'll occasionally have Serpent Strike come off cooldown when you don't have a Serpent Pose proc ready, particularly on fights with disconnects or downtime (like Breaker X-1). Using Serpent Strike without a proc will put it on a 20 second cooldown, rather than the 7-second one that Serpent Pose enables.

the EF/DS macro i only use to regain energry or if the target is below 30% using it anytime before then has proven time an time again a dps loss as well as energy problem not sure why ur using it other wise or if u get different results great, bet its either an RNG thing or a different in stats, do you even consider some of this stuff before you post? *scratches head*
    Except that you don't have Dusk Strike on your bar separately. This means that you're going into Ebon Fury with zero stacks of Emptiness-- you should instead be stacking it up to five, THEN starting Ebon Fury so that you get more DPS out of it, rather than wasting the first five seconds ramping up.

cuz im a lazy bard and saved some space and its a decent heal with 6k+ AP in a raid
    i dont place bard to dps i play bard to support the raid and and therefore never really use them, besides GA and i posted this before i had to play a "dps bard" but there are multiple times where switching to cadence for the extra was more useful just depends on the situation, i just dont like the idea of "dps bard"
    I don't think you understand how Cadence works if you think that Power Chord is a worthwhile heal.

please see the comment about NB/sin, thanks
    Likewise.

Ranger 8MB 7 Sin, 16.5K+ easy on dummy self buffed
    Rannger 12/3 : ~15.2k ish <---Your Build is better? so confused
    61 BladeDancer: 16.3K easy
    61 Sin: 18-18.5K dummy self buffd
    61Nb or NbSin: ~15.5k obviously better under 30%
    61 MM: ~15K

I can post my stats and what not once i get back to the house but im 99% sure my specs are the top FOR MY GEAR SET,
    First off, you should never use self-buffed parses to compare how specs will perform in groups, because different buffs cause different subspecs to scale differently.

Secondly, considering the myriad of problems with the rotations and macros that you're using, your parses are worthless as a measuring stick because you're not playing the specs right.

where did i say this was a full guide anyway? thats right i didnt Kudos for failing to read what i wrote and just talk away like you know everything, we all have our strong points reading isnt yours
    I never said you claimed it was a full guide. But given that there are glaring errors in every single part of your "guide"...

one last thing tank specs, how do u figure 5% endurance is greater than 10% Armor and resist? do the math on hits and dmg taken or go to the dummy foundry and test bet ya i take less dmg and but have about 1-2k less hp it evens out, SL is either you die or u survive good mitigation like that ill take for 1-2k less hp. Hope you comment again buddy <3
    Because unlike you, I've done the math.

First off, it's not 5% endurance, it's 10%.

Secondly, 10% armor/resist is not the same as 10% extra mitigation from armor/resistance, due to the way that the armor and resistance formulas work.

Thirdly, and most importantly, all armor/resistance modifiers are additive, rather than multiplicative. This means that you're looking at 10% of your BASE armor, which is extremely low for rogue tanks. Your base resistances aren't quite as bad, but they're still only going to be around 700.

Now, don't get me wrong, endurance modifiers are additive as well-- but unlike armor and resistance, endurance does not have diminishing returns, and rogues have a significantly lower endurance multiplier than they do for armor or resistance. With 61RS/7 Bard (and 8 unspent points), the endurance multiplier is 235%, the armor multiplier is 347%, and the resistance multiplier is 287.5%. This means that the 10% endurance from Ranger actually ends up being around 4.25%, while Tactician is only 2.88% armor and 3.48% resistance. (And, like I noted before, 2.88% extra armor does not reduce physical damage taken by 2.88%.)

If you take a look at the work that Primalthirst has done in his spreadsheet and compare the two specs, you'll see that Bard/Ranger actually has higher effective health than Bard/Tactician.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast