Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 78
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Rogue Specs/Macros/K-Alerts

  1. #16
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrazyKlown View Post
    For people who bash the macros and builds, more than welcome to move pages or parse against me with your setup

    For those who have actual questions comment away ill explain or send me PM and ill do my best to meet up ingame.
    Comment, Your bard macro for healing has some issues. 1) Power chord is not something you should have macroed with finishes and verses, because its a builder, as well as completely useless as a 61 bard. You only get a 9% AP heal from the 1 sec GCD it gives you, whereas with cadence you can get 2 ticks and 12% AP healing from 1 sec of GCD. 2) macroing verse of vitality with your codas is silly, because you should save the verse for moments when you need burst, and if it is macroed you cannot see the CD. Having it as a separate button is the obviouse solution for this.

    I cant comment much to the DPS issues of this guide, because I honestly only play ranger/bard (and Zaz's argument about animalism is spot on, so heed him on this if you know what is good for you), but the barding information is pretty lack luster. A quick discussion on when to use OotP, VoJ, and how to use Multiple Oscillations might be a good addition, along with maybe making your macro less silly. (I say the multiple Oscillations exp would be good because a lot of newer bards dont understand that it gives double/triple healing from cadence.)

    Appreciate the attempt you made here, but as braindead as barding can be, I want bards to be as good as possible to be more than just a body that buffs people, and is actually an addition to the team!

  2. #17
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,500

    Default

    To the OP, and those new folks that are looking at these builds, macro's and such:

    What the critics are trying to say is simple - the Guide section has all of these detailed, with in-depth discussions, parsing done at numerous levels by experienced guide writers, PTS players, and theorycrafters.

    These folks that are offering critiques are even some of them, look in their sigs.

    Yes, those guides are detailed, not offering up the "quick and easy" - because at 60, you should NOT be looking for the 'quick and easy', you should be looking for that which will be bringing to your group/guild/raid that which will ADD TO the experience of higher / better dps, better tanking, better all round experience for the group/guild/raid.

    You had the 'quick and easy' getting F2P, getting to 60 or what-not - and now its time, if you are planning to actually raid, to settle into betterment of the role; thus those Guides in the Guide section are detailed to learn a better , in-depth way to use the role to the best way possible for the Group/Guild/Raid.

    Best Wishes............... Thick skin is needed for Guide writers, just ask them........

    Just my 2cp.

  3. #18
    RIFT Guide Writer Orangu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,122

    Default

    if you're going to do something. do it right.

    my 2 cents.


    Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

  4. #19
    Ascendant Zazen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drbuffer View Post
    Thank you for putting this info together especially the KAlerts for each spec.

    As a fresh 60 trying to get into raiding, I agree with you about not needing 10 pages of debate to start learning a spec. nowhere did you clam this is for min-maxing so i'm ok with your macro's and understand the ideas behind them.

    for example......it would be better to use his Ranger macro and let it cast Animalism and Feral Aggression then for a new-to-Ranger person to not use the abilities at all.
    No. It would be better to macro Animalism and Feral Aggression with Twin Shot, i.e.:
    Code:
    #show twin shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast feral aggression
    cast animalism
    cast twin shot
    This is just as simple as macroing with his builder but it is more effective. New, old or established player, the reason this is better is fairly self-evident.
    Last edited by Zazen; 09-05-2013 at 01:49 PM.

  5. #20
    RIFT Guide Writer Nynja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    927

    Default

    I couldn't find words for this at all...

    I doubt ppl will understand class mechanics with only copying makros, alerts and point distribution without explaining the how and why....

    i beg new players to take their time and read real guides..there are often more accurate and easy to understand...hell i guess even without playing with macros at all will result in a better performance....

    and if you don't understand it..just ask experienced rogues ingame.. i bet nearly all of them would like to take 5 minutes to explains how it works...

    i mean...WHAT IS THAT:
    #show Shadow Blitz
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shadow Blitz
    cast Shadow Assault
    cast Shadow Stalk
    cast Guarded Steel
    cast Break Free

    shall i consume all my ports before i can use the finisher?? what about the situation where i shadow stalk and no combo points are generated?? WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

    sry i just exploded
    Last edited by Nynja; 09-05-2013 at 04:41 PM.
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

  6. #21
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    The tank section of your guide is full of horrible advice. The macros are atrocious (among other things, they'll have you spamming 1-point finishers) and the spec is inferior to bard/ranger in every meaningful way.

    Not to mention the fact that there's a cooldown macro, which is an incredibly bad idea. But you even got that wrong, because Defer Death isn't in there.

    And that's not even going into the multitude of problems with the other specs and macros you provided, which some people have already pointed.



    If you want to help out other players, great. But to do that, you first need to make sure that you're actually helping them, rather than giving out bad advice. Misinformation is worse than no information at all, because new players can come across it and assume they've been well-informed, and never go looking for more help, simply continuing to do things wrong.
    Last edited by Muspel; 09-05-2013 at 07:15 PM.

  7. #22
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nynja View Post

    i mean...WHAT IS THAT:
    #show Shadow Blitz
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shadow Blitz
    cast Shadow Assault
    cast Shadow Stalk
    cast Guarded Steel
    cast Break Free

    shall i consume all my ports before i can use the finisher?? what about the situation where i shadow stalk and no combo points are generated?? WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

    sry i just exploded

    wow i must admit i didn't check every macro but that one is really really bad

  8. #23
    General of Telara spowers454's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    No. It would be better to macro Animalism and Feral Aggression with Twin Shot, i.e.:
    Code:
    #show twin shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast feral aggression
    cast animalism
    cast twin shot
    This is just as simple as macroing with his builder but it is more effective. New, old or established player, the reason this is better is fairly self-evident.
    ^ sweet this thread needed a real macro in here

  9. #24
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nynja View Post


    i mean...WHAT IS THAT:
    #show Shadow Blitz
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shadow Blitz
    cast Shadow Assault
    cast Shadow Stalk
    cast Guarded Steel
    cast Break Free

    shall i consume all my ports before i can use the finisher?? what about the situation where i shadow stalk and no combo points are generated?? WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

    sry i just exploded

    wow i must admit i didn't check every macro but that one is really really bad
    HAHAHA...Well i asume that the OP plan do the ports manually before like the old bloodstalker

  10. #25
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrazyKlown View Post
    ***** Single Target *****
    #show Planar Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Phantom Blow
    cast Guarded Steel
    cast Planar Strike
    cast Empyrean Bolt
    cast Break Free
    Why do you spam 1 point finishers?

  11. #26
    Rift Master Luteuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    595

    Default

    I think the OPs understanding of what min/max definition is vastly different from the rogue guide writers.

    to me, for instance the nb/sin spec, min/max would be adding in the dusk strikes and expose weakness during your rotation while not min/max would be just using the spam macro and hitting finisher macro when you have 5 Combo Points.

    I have to agree that alot of the macros in this post are very suspect and will lead newer 60s to be not accepted if they are trying to join a raiding guild. It will create some strife to those rogue class leads when they have to retrain their new recruit and more than likely they will just get overlooked.
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"
    Luteuel@Greybriar, formely Luteuel@Deepwood

  12. #27
    Rift Disciple TheCrazyKlown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Failure to grasp why I have things setup a certain way does not make them wrong by any stretch.

    I have tried the other ranger specs posted and the 12 asn/3NB that is "the top" was about and it is 1.5K+ less dps than my 8 NB 7 Sin Variant. Thus my macros are setup for my variant.

    Yes i tried the other set of macros, and it was an epic fail and didnt even come close. Could be an issue of other rogues stacking CP to high, or not having enough crit none the less it was way worse dps for how i geared my rogue.

    Also tried the "Sin/Sab" spec that "parses highest", Totally wrong for who posted that, It was 10K+ less dps than mine i posted.

    @Orangu: Yea i forgot to add the hasted shot final blow macro which should have been in there, sorry.

    @Luteuel: Running out of things to bash and filling id words such as Min/Max on your own I see, Kudos Just because you and a few others dont understand my setups then feel free to ask, no sense in making blind accusations of things that are never said.

    @Nynja If your too ignorant to press a macro button once to do 1 port at a time to refresh vortex and go back to your rotation then bless you sir, may you always feel like a special star and wear your helmet.

    Just so everyone is clear I parsed all these spec with only an energy buff since in a raid you have it anyway. Unless someone isnt paying attention lol

  13. #28
    Ascendant bitnine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,348

    Default

    I don't suppose you have parses for some or any of these? I know I'd be quite fascinated to give them a look over. Perhaps even with the AP/CP/CR so as to gauge things appropriately.

  14. #29
    Rift Disciple TheCrazyKlown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    I don't suppose you have parses for some or any of these? I know I'd be quite fascinated to give them a look over. Perhaps even with the AP/CP/CR so as to gauge things appropriately.
    I can post them After i get off work.

  15. #30
    General of Telara spowers454's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    913

    Default

    You are failing to see that people are being nice right now. Normally if anyone post something even close to wrong they will have 50 ppl ripping them apart.

    In this case you made a whole guide of wrong info, specs, rotations and macros. Not even one of them is worth using how you say to play it. Just because you play a bad spec with bad macros and pull more dps that the right spec and right rotations doesn't make your spec better. It means you need to learn the proper spec and play it right, then try to write a guide. Even saying this is a beginners guide to being 1/2 decent isn't enough here. There are guides that have the right builds rotations and macros already here. If you want to make a guide to finding them and 1 place to look then use the builds that people like gery have done, link them and so on. Rogue Bible 2.0.

    Please stop this thread it is already hard enough to get new people to learn 5-6 specs and get them right as it is. We really don't need people getting use to this mess of a guide then having to break them of it if they ever hope to get a raid spot. TBH I wouldn't invite anyone using any of this to raid with even my worst of alts.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts