+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: 61 NB PvE DPS Guide

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    Regarding blinks, I sometimes use Shadow Shift from stealth to put me right on the mobs backside and within melee range.
    I think he covered that already.

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    Overview
    Ranged Rotation
    Shadow Shift also does not break stealth so it's useful for getting closer at the pull before using Dark Malady.

Shadowlander

Question about the ST rotation:

Once I do the initial: Dark Malady, Living Flame, Dusk to Dawn, Dusk Strike, Dark Descent+Sod+3*Blazing Strike

....then what is the main combo builder after that? Do I spam Dusk Strike until energy starved, then Ebon? Also I assume i keep an eye on SoD? Do I use Blazing Strike again at 5 combo points? (Is Blazing Strike the MAIN finisher?)

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by joejccva71 View Post
    Question about the ST rotation:

Once I do the initial: Dark Malady, Living Flame, Dusk to Dawn, Dusk Strike, Dark Descent+Sod+3*Blazing Strike

....then what is the main combo builder after that? Do I spam Dusk Strike until energy starved, then Ebon? Also I assume i keep an eye on SoD? Do I use Blazing Strike again at 5 combo points? (Is Blazing Strike the MAIN finisher?)

Thanks!
    you use the spam builder from the guide including primal strike, throw in some dusk strikes at 4 cp to get the bonus from heat retention and finish with blazing strike yes..if you want to go into detail you try do keep emptiness on 5 stacks as long as you dont energy starve yourself, then it would be better to drop the stacks...but normally one dusk strike for the 5th cp with ost reduce should work fine..

and you use dusk to dawn whenever its ready without clipping cp's
    Last edited by Nynja; 07-18-2013 at 07:01 AM.
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

Soulwalker

Default How does this build compare to 61 Sin in Raids

Could someone that has both builds please let me know how this build does in raids, in comparison to a 61 sin with identical gear. My biggest issue with 61 sin are the disconnects, they completely wreck my DPS.

I am curious just how well this build can performs despite disconnects. Is the deeps comparable or is it lower and only friendlier to the rogue in the event of disconnects?

Thank you!

Since 61sin is only really used for Goloch, the comparison is limited to this fight. As experience goes, a well played 61nb outparses 61sin on it, but not by a huge margin (mostly due to CD timing with the buff). It's definitely more disconnect friendly. For all the other fights, 61nb will always outperform 61sin since it's such a limited spec and is used purely on almost static, ST fights.

Soulwalker

Default Thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by Ironic View Post
    Since 61sin is only really used for Goloch, the comparison is limited to this fight. As experience goes, a well played 61nb outparses 61sin on it, but not by a huge margin (mostly due to CD timing with the buff). It's definitely more disconnect friendly. For all the other fights, 61nb will always outperform 61sin since it's such a limited spec and is used purely on almost static, ST fights.
    Thank you, very useful reply. I will play test it next raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynja View Post
    you use the spam builder from the guide including primal strike, throw in some dusk strikes at 4 cp to get the bonus from heat retention and finish with blazing strike yes..if you want to go into detail you try do keep emptiness on 5 stacks as long as you dont energy starve yourself, then it would be better to drop the stacks...but normally one dusk strike for the 5th cp with ost reduce should work fine..

and you use dusk to dawn whenever its ready without clipping cp's
    What does this mean in the guide?

"The energy cost of Dusk Strike increases faster than its damage which means that the optimal way to use Dusk Strike is to maximize the amount of times you use it. If you have Living Energy that means 4 Dusk Strikes, then waiting for Emptiness to drop and then using another 4 and so on."

Is that wrong? Use the builder and only use DS as the 5th cp?

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistica View Post

"The energy cost of Dusk Strike increases faster than its damage which means that the optimal way to use Dusk Strike is to maximize the amount of times you use it. If you have Living Energy that means 4 Dusk Strikes, then waiting for Emptiness to drop and then using another 4 and so on."

That means you profit from using it as often as you can...but the difference is so small i don't care...
    sometimes i just put duskstrike in my builder makro just over primal strike for the same effect..
    Last edited by Nynja; 07-19-2013 at 07:46 AM.
    Quite@Typhiria
    61 Dominator Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistica View Post

The mechanic behind Dusk Strike is that each time you use it, you gain a stacking buff/debuff (Emptiness) that increases both the damage and the energy cost of Dusk Strike per stack. Maintaining 5 stacks isn't optimal because the increased damage doesn't make up for energy starvation.

What you want to do in that case is use Dusk Strike 4 times (4 stacks), then let the stacks drop. Rinse, repeat.

As a Rift returnee I am nicely surprised that melee dps specs are now actually viable and want to try one.
    I wonder, however, how those look dps-wise compared with traditional ranged spec?

Is that just dps of 61 MM with less utility but more fun or is there actual DPS gain even in fights including targetswitching?

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zboq View Post
    As a Rift returnee I am nicely surprised that melee dps specs are now actually viable and want to try one.
    I wonder, however, how those look dps-wise compared with traditional ranged spec?

Is that just dps of 61 MM with less utility but more fun or is there actual DPS gain even in fights including targetswitching?
    the dps of this spec is well above 61MM
    Icecubetray - 60 Rogue
    Bongmaster - 60 Mage
    Tronzilla - 60 Warrior
    Herpzalot - 60 Cleric
    Stickybudz - 55 Cleric

I have come to really enjoy the playstyle of NB and this guide is spot on with its information and suggestions.

Default Sorry to go slightly off topic...

I too have just picked up this build reeciently and absolutely LOVE IT!

...but what is up with Blazing Path: "Teleports 15m forward..." which does what it's suppose to do, but I seem to have a different result with "leaving 'behind' a trail of fire." Most of the time the 'trail' appears in front of me, and very rarely can I get to appear behind me as a means of placing it in the mob(s) path to travel the trail back to me taking damage as they get closer giving me time to spin a 180 and continue fighting.

Or am I a complete dork and using Blazing Path in an incorrect manner?
    Last edited by Stahker; 07-24-2013 at 05:46 AM.
    It's better to be judged by twelve,
    than be carried by six...
    "X" thinks, I AM that "X".
    I THINK. Therefore, I Am.

That bug is commonly known and you can force the trail to be behind you if you are using the skill while pressing backwards...however you just use this skill as a port and not for dps..
    Quite@Typhiria
    61 Dominator Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Nynja View Post
    That bug is commonly known and you can force the trail to be behind you if you are using the skill while pressing backwards...however you just use this skill as a port and not for dps..
    Ahh, I see how that works now (just tried it out). Yeah, I don't really use it for combat reasons, just when I'm out in a zone soloing and messing around with the mob(s) to have a little bit of fun watching them chase me around.

Thanks for clarifying that.
    It's better to be judged by twelve,
    than be carried by six...
    "X" thinks, I AM that "X".
    I THINK. Therefore, I Am.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast