+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: 41tact/35mm guide - Cuz peoples be askin for it

Quote Originally Posted by Gynxz View Post
    This benefit is mostly seen in PvP but I dont think it was intended for a soul to do great AoE and ST while providing raid buffs and being able to heal.
    I spent like five minutes staring at that sentence trying to decide if the last half was a different color or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I spent like five minutes staring at that sentence trying to decide if the last half was a different color or not.
    What do you mean? :P

aaaaaand spec's back.... longer channels mayhaps however? Perhaps of the glacial variety?

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Soulwalker

Just curious, but is this build still good with the current/coming nerfing? I wanted to try this build out sometime.
    Last edited by Solaristics; 03-24-2013 at 05:02 PM.

Still tops for AoE, just really boring.
    Kukri @Deepwood
    <-VIRUS->

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I wish there was a way to record combat logs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Why can't sab have GTAE for its traps? This cast time is really lame, its 2014, make it so.

Plane Touched

Just copying here some kind of help to a friend (copied from our forums):

Macros:

#show Necrotic Bolt
    stopcasting
    cast Infernal Beam
    cast Necrotic Bolt
    cast Empyrean Bolt

#show Empyrean Bolt
    stopcasting
    cast Empyrean Bolt

#show Curative Core
    stopcasting
    cast Curative Core

Buffs:
    Restorative Engine
    Electrified Munitions
    Rending Munitions/Virulent Poison (if you dont need shadow shift you can drop 0rs for 0sin for Virulent poison for some extra deeps)

So:
    You have to clip torrents while u keeping up 5-7 stacks of glacial chill and torrent primer all the time. For this u start with a full channel of glacial torrent for 7 stacks (u have to do a full channel of glacial torrent to apply 7 stacks for every new target, for every new add on matriarch for example). Once you have 7 stacks on all targets you can start cliping: glacial - infernal - glacial - infernal - glacial - infernal - until u run out of energy. Its all about energy management. More energy= More DPS. The main energy source is Curative Core. You have to drop a curative core every 15sec! And of course if you hit more target its more crits from damage and more energy = more DPS on main target (thats why tactician is super good for progenitor)
    You also have to keep up Torrent primer. That means u have to do 1x Empyrean bolt every 30sec but no more. Some ppl doing torrent primer after every 4GCD of torrent cliping but its sux. If you run out of energy better to just w8 2-3 sec and start cliping again. Even in that 2-3sec you can move and find a better position for torrents.

Torrent Cliping: Basicly its 1 full channel of glacial torrent for 7 stacks and then swap between torrents every 1 GCD. But sometimes stacks are droping lower if you have to move while channeling and missing some ticks, or because of ability lag. So you have to check it sometimes and correct with a longer channel of glacial torrent to get full stacks again.

Stopcasting: If you are very low on energy when you have to refresh torrent primer and u dont have enough energy for Empyrean bolt it wont cast it and the torrent wont stop so u need to stop torrents. So you have to hit the macro exactly when u at 7 stacks of glacial chill after a glacial torrent or when u at 5 stacks after an infernal torrent.

About Infernal Beam and Necrotic bolt:
    If we have perfectly positioned bosses like on progenitor, you can use them with torrents (Infernal Beam is surely a bit of DPS gain. If we dont have clear targets and we have random movements like on gelidra i would not recommend using them before 30%.
    At 30% swap to Necrotic engine and spam first macro on the farest target (u may have to find good position to hit all of them)

Power Cores:
    Droping Power Cores will lower your personal dps because u lose the energy from curative core but it will increase the raid DPS like ****. Use it wisely! Track other power cores/orchestra/lava field with karuul because they dont stack. If you drop power core when another is up its sux. Also its good to drop power core when u doing 30% rotation because u wont lose any DPS so time your cores at 30% phases on progenitor or at the beginning of transition phases on gelidra when there is only 1 target for tacts.

Single Target rotation:
    Torrents are the best for DPS but Rays/Bolts/Beams are better dmg/energy so as soon if you start to get starved (like at 40-50% energy) you can start use them. The priority order is: Infernal beam > Necrotic bolt > empyrean bolt + empyrean ray combo (at 4stacks of Expanded Torrents). You still need to keep up torrent primer every 30sec. For max ST dps you need to use them on CD between torrents but if you wanna drop random beams/bolts between torrents that makes it very hard to track the stacks and u can easily lose glacial chills (also you have to make a separate macro for each with stopcasting). So better if you just macro them together (same as the 30% necrotic bolt macro) and use them after each set of 4 torrent GCD.

Other useful stuff:
    Battle Remote ! (OP with flaring)
    On the double
    shadow shift
    Energy potions (OP for tact)
    Last edited by Painful; 03-25-2013 at 08:45 AM.
    Envy is now recruiting for 3.0 hardcore raiding
    http://envyrift.com/

Plane Touched

Why don't they leave tac as it was since we spent ages learning the rotation clipping, stopcasting and so on. Then just pop in a toggle spell to change the torrents output, toggle on resulting in torrent hits all targets but does xamount less dmg (resulting in a nerf to single target). Toggle off torrents only hit 3 targets or 1 if trion want to be anal about single target and set the dmg output to what they want or what theQQer's want.

Rob
    Shadowlander

so with this new hotfix today, how will this impact this build? is it still viable to use in 10/20 man raids? seems like this is more to put a cap on ghunts and conquest, is that the case?
    true knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. and in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    so with this new hotfix today, how will this impact this build? is it still viable to use in 10/20 man raids? seems like this is more to put a cap on ghunts and conquest, is that the case?
    It's no longer worth using on single target. It's still a solid spec for AoEing a few targets (IE Matriarch). On large-scale AoE, it's possible that Sab will pull ahead.

From my testing it is still better AE damage than any other AE soul out there, just not a viable replacement for a ST soul. So on fights where you need both damage types it could still be viable. Thing is you do have to take into account necro bolt spam sub 30%.

IMO that sub 30% stuff rogues deal with in 2 builds in the mechanic that should never have been.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

I would be appreciative if someone could re-write tact/mm for the community considering the new methods, both the energy alteration variant and and "FU Trion" more boring than staring at a plaster wall 3s torrent variant.

I am on deployment and will not be active for a minimum 3mo's to actually be able to re-write it up.
    "You're just realizing the fault of your species, human beings are the most untrustworthy, backstabbing creatures on this planet. Except for bears."

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    IMO that sub 30% stuff rogues deal with in 2 builds in the mechanic that should never have been.
    Yea Necrotic Bolt should keep its current damage, while making it spammable all the time. While you are at it make the "penetration AoE" 8m wide as well. Maybe people will just delete marksman at that point.

So anyways, spec isn't dead:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#T8FkBkAalg/AkxMx2/wu

Use energy alteration. 1 Torrent Primer per 3 Necrotic/Empyrean rays.

Make sure you always have curative core down in a raid or you'll energy starve, use restorative engine.

Only issue I've had weaving torrents is when you use power core instead of curative core, you'll energy starve during power core. I'm trying to figure out what the best thing to do is, maybe longer channels during power core, I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Mayi; 04-04-2013 at 01:09 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    So anyways, spec isn't dead:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#T8FkBkAalg/AkxMx2/wu

Use energy alteration. 1 Torrent Primer per 3 Necrotic/Empyrean rays.

Make sure you always have curative core down in a raid or you'll energy starve, use restorative engine.

Only issue I've had weaving torrents is when you use power core instead of curative core, you'll energy starve during power core. I'm trying to figure out what the best thing to do is, maybe longer channels during power core, I'm not sure.
    Going with http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#T...alg/Akx2486w/t
    drops the initial torrent cost from 9 to 8 when you have living energy which might let it parse higher. You also get a blink that way or you can use 0 assassin for virulent poison. Also clipped rotations are bugged and the initial pulse only hits 5 targets so it's annoying to aoe with it. I went with the full channel rotation and build because of it at least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    Going with http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#T...alg/Akx2486w/t
    drops the initial torrent cost from 9 to 8 when you have living energy which might let it parse higher. You also get a blink that way or you can use 0 assassin for virulent poison. Also clipped rotations are bugged and the initial pulse only hits 5 targets so it's annoying to aoe with it. I went with the full channel rotation and build because of it at least for now.
    I'll try it out. When I first tested 44 tact I tried 28mm/4nb vs 32 mm I found 4 NB was more dps for torrents and whatnot. However, I think you're right that living energy should drop the energy cost by 1, when I was trying to figure fervor out a long time ago it always rounded energy costs down.

I went with 4nb before when energy wasn't an issue, but with it now being an issue with power core your build might be better. It'll be very hard to test out, most likely it'll be how much someone's willing to put up with potentially hitting starvation, which for most is not at all.
    Last edited by Mayi; 04-05-2013 at 05:55 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast