+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Shadowlands 61 BladeDancer - The Correct Way - Version 2.0.1

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ymirson View Post
    BD is not bad per se in the current game state, it's just that many other things are better.
    I have tried BD many many times and I will say that I do pretty good rotation with it. While the ST isnt too bad but a few small errors in "dance rotations" can easily drop you below NB/Sin and no matter what I do I cannot get it to outparse 61 Sin and 61 Sin is relatively easy in comparsion (to me at very least since 61 Sin is much like typical mage priority system).

I have been a big BD fan ever since I read the soul description when Rift was released (same as Stormcaller for my mage), however after extensively testing this soul I have come to some conclusions.
    The problems with bladedancer are......

1. Multiple dance rotations. Every time a dance is used during that time your rotation change. 3 dances, 3 different rotations, this type of playstyle might be acceptable to oldschool "mage" players, but this isnt a mage soul, its a rogue soul. And since you can easily pull comparable dps with piss easy rotation in 61NB or NB/Sin, the complexity w/ not so impressive result makes this a very under-used soul.

2. Just like Sin, BD also has issue with disconnects as well whereas NB has easy mode disconnect utilities.

3. The offhand attacks (aka your main DPS output) does NOT work well with server latency at all. A lot of time I could sware I have used an "offhand-enabler" but due to lag my proceeding OH attack I am trying to use remain grayed out and cannot be used until like .2 to .3 second later making my GCD virtually 1.3s (which is a humongous dps loss).

BD is a fun soul with great concepts behind it. BUT just like Stormcaller imo, its a shame that virtually no one ever play it nowdays. Much effort is required for very little return compared to easy mode souls like Night Blade and Rift Blade.

Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    I have tried BD many many times and I will say that I do pretty good rotation with it. While the ST isnt too bad but a few small errors in "dance rotations" can easily drop you below NB/Sin and no matter what I do I cannot get it to outparse 61 Sin and 61 Sin is relatively easy in comparsion (to me at very least since 61 Sin is much like typical mage priority system).
    To be fair, I'd argue that Bladedancer's ST should be below Assassin, since assassin has no AoE whatsoever.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    1. Multiple dance rotations. Every time a dance is used during that time your rotation change. 3 dances, 3 different rotations, this type of playstyle might be acceptable to oldschool "mage" players, but this isnt a mage soul, its a rogue soul. And since you can easily pull comparable dps with piss easy rotation in 61NB or NB/Sin, the complexity w/ not so impressive result makes this a very under-used soul.

2. Just like Sin, BD also has issue with disconnects as well whereas NB has easy mode disconnect utilities.

3. The offhand attacks (aka your main DPS output) does NOT work well with server latency at all. A lot of time I could sware I have used an "offhand-enabler" but due to lag my proceeding OH attack I am trying to use remain grayed out and cannot be used until like .2 to .3 second later making my GCD virtually 1.3s (which is a humongous dps loss).
    1. what your saying is that a hard rotation shouldn't be rewarded? IMO the rotation is fine. I would say its easier than warlock even. I do believe that since the dps has a harder rotation, that the ST dps should be rewarded moreso (at 60 to be relevant at least).

2. Yea all melee have issues, BD just can't handle it... maybe we could confuse them with our mad awesome dance moves!

3. Trion's lag does make offhand attacks hard, but it doesn't make the GCD 1.3 seconds. Not ALL attacks are offhand. In fact, i think it's only one, but to be fair, it is cast frequently. This could be resolved with a little tweaking to the abilities i'm sure.

I would love to see BD be competative, slightly below assassin because it has no aoe whatsoever and BD is pretty good AoE. I would love BD with perfect dance rotations to be rewarded super way above a mess-up or overwriting a dance. Basically, I'd love it if it were a perfectly balanced class in every way ;)
    \

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    1. what your saying is that a hard rotation shouldn't be rewarded? IMO the rotation is fine. I would say its easier than warlock even. I do believe that since the dps has a harder rotation, that the ST dps should be rewarded moreso (at 60 to be relevant at least).

2. Yea all melee have issues, BD just can't handle it... maybe we could confuse them with our mad awesome dance moves!

3. Trion's lag does make offhand attacks hard, but it doesn't make the GCD 1.3 seconds. Not ALL attacks are offhand. In fact, i think it's only one, but to be fair, it is cast frequently. This could be resolved with a little tweaking to the abilities i'm sure.

I would love to see BD be competative, slightly below assassin because it has no aoe whatsoever and BD is pretty good AoE. I would love BD with perfect dance rotations to be rewarded super way above a mess-up or overwriting a dance. Basically, I'd love it if it were a perfectly balanced class in every way ;)
    Again one of the main problem is... NB/Sin is even easier to play, handles disconnects perfectly and is pulling comparable or better DPS than BD. I think I will out parse NB/Sin IF OH attacks dont have that awkward delay however. Maybe make OH attacks always on abilities but lower the damage by X%, introduce a self buff that procs after using a MH attack that lasts for like 3 second which increase the next OH attack damage used by Y% maybe this will fix the latency issue. (yes this means you can no longer macro OH attacks, but you are not suppose to in the 1st place anyway).
    Last edited by WarUltima; 03-26-2013 at 01:30 AM.

So, whats the optimal offsouls? currently 10sin/5nb (murderous intent/mag pain on sin, burning rage on nb).

Will ruthlessness ever become better than murderous intent? I assume CP matters.
    And how about burning rage vs blazing fury from nb?

Cheers.

is there some reason people arent using meditative trance as they finisher? its OGC and allows you to use more builders faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammothtruk View Post
    is there some reason people arent using meditative trance as they finisher? its OGC and allows you to use more builders faster.
    Because finishers do a ton of damage.

Rift Chaser

Anyone have good macros for the build in the OP? (61 Bladedancer, 8 Nightblade, 7 Assassin). I have one I am using but not sure if its optimal and would like someone to post good PvE macros. At the moment I really don't care about anything else until I hit max level.
    Guild - Mutiny @ Greybriar
    Spannx (Rogue)
    Spannz (Cleric)
    Spannage (Mage)
    Outfitter 375 - Butcher 375 - Survival 375 - Fishing 375

Quote Originally Posted by Span View Post
    Anyone have good macros for the build in the OP? (61 Bladedancer, 8 Nightblade, 7 Assassin). I have one I am using but not sure if its optimal and would like someone to post good PvE macros. At the moment I really don't care about anything else until I hit max level.
    Bladedancer does not use any macros.

Rift Chaser

I am considering switching to Marksmen now. Bladedancer is kinda boring.
    Guild - Mutiny @ Greybriar
    Spannx (Rogue)
    Spannz (Cleric)
    Spannage (Mage)
    Outfitter 375 - Butcher 375 - Survival 375 - Fishing 375

Shadowlander

Bladedancer does not use any macros.
    Why? Im using Bd now and i have macro with Binary strike and Quick strike... and i think it rather good...
    Also in Op rotation there is no dauntless strike anywhere(or i just missed it), isynt this 5%crit chance worth having?

Quote Originally Posted by Cr00cy View Post
    Why? Im using Bd now and i have macro with Binary strike and Quick strike... and i think it rather good...
    Because there are rare times when you want to use Binary Strike twice in a row. More importantly, pressing the same button twice in a row is a very bad habit to get into as Bladedancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cr00cy View Post
    Also in Op rotation there is no dauntless strike anywhere(or i just missed it), isynt this 5%crit chance worth having?
    The guide was written back when Dauntless Strike provided a 5% crit buff rather than a debuff, which meant that it was overwritten by Archons and Beastmasters. It's worth using now.

Shadowlander

ty very much for response;p i jsut get ride of my macro and trying to get used to rotation and managing dances... damm its hard...

Dances should just be passives that you get at various tiers in BD that ramp up everytime you use a 5 pt finisher. +1% per dodge per finisher for a max of 15% dodge. +1% crit per finisher for a max of 15% crit. blah blah, or you can scale it up like, max of 8% then have talents that increase the cap. There's like a thousand ways to handle it but it'd be so much better and also promote synergy, people would use bd as a "ramp up" soul. Making it an optimal extended fight soul. Personally, I feel the dance cooldowns are out of place (just my opinion) in rift, no other class has anything like it. While this makes BD unique, it also makes for zero synergy, complicated rotations, and all in all a soul that just doesnt fit in.
    Last edited by Skaleek; 07-09-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Soulwalker

Thoughts on 9 in Assassin and 6 in Ranger for even more crit?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast