+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Granpa said knock you out - level 50 and beyond no downtime NB leveling spec

Champion

Default Granpa said knock you out - level 50 and beyond no downtime NB leveling spec

This is a fantastic spec for leveling. Zero downtime, stuff dies FAST. Good for single-target, or AOE pulls, and even quite tasty in Warfronts.

The spec:

41 NB / 21 RS / 4 Tact

Buffs:

Curative Engine
    Fell Blades
    Hellfire Blades (the mobs won't live long enough where smoldering blades would be worth using)
    Planebound Resilience
    Stalker Phase

Macros:

Single Target 1
    #show Shadow Assault
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shadow Assault
    cast Dusk to Dawn
    cast Phantom Blow
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Empyrean Bolt

Single Target Finisher
    #show Scourge of Darkness
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Scourge of Darkness
    cast Blazing Strike
    cast Flame Thrust

AOE 1
    #show Shadow Blitz
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shadow Blitz
    cast Rift Disturbance
    cast Fiery Chains
    cast Weapon Flare

AOE Finisher
    #show Flame Blitz
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Flame Blitz
    cast Empyrean Ray

Empyrean Ray is a single-target only finisher, but a good alternative to Flame Thrust for that fool that's trying to run away in PVP. I put in in the AOE finisher macro just for convenience but it's meant as an alternative single-target only finisher that does more damage than Flame Thrust (but does have a 1.5 sec cast time so it's more situational).

Single Target Rotation:

Conceal then start off with Dark Malady > Twilight Force (not macroed) > Single Target Macro 1 (until AP full) > Single Target Finisher ... repeat from Twilight Force until mob is dead (which won't be long).

AOE Rotation:

Twilight Force > Spam AOE Macro until full AP > AOE Finisher ... repeat until mobs are dead.

If you get in trouble use Planar Refuge (30% reduction in damage done to you), and Twilight Transcendence (50% damage reduction + heals you for 50% of your health over 4 seconds).

As you level up, keep putting points in NB. Very fun spec to level with and as I said, not too shabby in PVP.
    Last edited by Granpa; 11-27-2012 at 04:08 PM.

I used this a lot for 50+ leveling. I messed with leveling/solo builds that didn't rely on Bard (give me a stabby thing, please) or Tactician (fun soul, but also wanted a more "traditional" option) and this is almost exactly what I ended up with. Post-50 I put 3 points in Ruthless Stalker, gaining another teleport with the 24 points into RS, then the rest into NB. It is a great all-purpose build.
    Last edited by Irishae; 11-27-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Soulwalker

mate, i just loaded this spec up (as the previous poster mentioned), i got bored with Tactician - while it is good, its boring and not Roguey enough for me!

Just made a soul exactly with what you got and used the macros and omg. Its Fun, its powerful enough, and its roguey!!

much thanks Hopefully this'll keep me going a while since im only 51 atm (and im a new player, so no experts or raids beforehand hence my crap gear!)

Rift Disciple

Just curious why you have 5 points in Planar Boost. Since your macro/rotation doesn't advise using combo point abilities after hitting 5, seems like that's 4 wasted points (since each point just increases the number of stacks)

Edit: Also.. your single target finisher macro won't work. You have two non-cooldown abilities so only one of those is going to fire.
    Last edited by bridgeburner; 11-27-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Telaran

i used a similar spec except i went alot higher in NB as the survivability was pleanty.

7tact / 8RS / 5X NB

i still use this at level 60 for farming. it is now a 61 point NB spec with enough survivability to kill several level 60 mobs at a time.

i am kinda lazy when it comes to leveling / farming specs so i only really have 2 macro's and a few abilities on hotkeys.

Finisher macro is:
    SOD
    Blazing Strike
    flame thrust

builder is:
    Dusk to dawn
    Dusk strike
    primal strike
    twilight force

put all the normal shows and suppress macors in etc.

Rift Disciple

planar boost adds a stack when you get the 5th combo point as well, not just using a builder after 5. And the single target macro is fine, the third ability is a ranged finisher which can be good for pvp or tagging another mob.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by bridgeburner View Post
    Just curious why you have 5 points in Planar Boost. Since your macro/rotation doesn't advise using combo point abilities after hitting 5, seems like that's 4 wasted points (since each point just increases the number of stacks)

Edit: Also.. your single target finisher macro won't work. You have two non-cooldown abilities so only one of those is going to fire.
    Planar Boost triggers the buff when you get the 5th combo point, the buff does not go away when you use your combo points, hence the "stacks up to 5 times". It will keep boosting your damage every time you hit that 5th combo point.

As for the macro finishers, Blazing Strike is melee range only ability, so when the mob, player, etc. moves out of melee range, Flame Thrust will trigger instead.

Soulwalker

Just tried this out on my rogue and I must say this works pretty well. I think the longest fight I had was around 15 seconds and that was just me not stealthing right and screwing up the rotation (yes, I can mess up mashing three buttons). Bravo for build, even the AoE element worked remarkably well. Thanks, now I don't know weather to play my rogue or my mage,

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Granpa View Post
    Planar Boost triggers the buff when you get the 5th combo point, the buff does not go away when you use your combo points, hence the "stacks up to 5 times". It will keep boosting your damage every time you hit that 5th combo point.

As for the macro finishers, Blazing Strike is melee range only ability, so when the mob, player, etc. moves out of melee range, Flame Thrust will trigger instead.
    Ah, I see. Sorry then. Will give this a try tonight and see how it goes.

Shadowlander

I've tried about a dozen popular leveling builds and this one is easily my favourite. It's fun, has decent mobility, pretty good damage ST and AoE, and my health doesn't drop by even 1% if I let 1 mob beat on me for 15 seconds! This should be every rogues go to leveling build.

Soulwalker

Been looking for a good melee build for a while and this is great. Does exactly what it says on the tin, fast kills, no downtime and leaves my harbinger in the dust dps wise.
    The only change I made was to take Empyrean Bolt out of the builder macro.
    It starves my energy a fair bit more, but I didn't like my chara swapping from daggers to bow mid fight.
    thats just a personal thing tho.

Plane Touched

Absolutely love this build, nice work!

My only addition I found to be useful for longer AoE fights was to throw one Fiery Spike on your primary target before you use Flame Blitz. This one GCD gets you a DoT on all enemies affected by Flame Blitz, which can stack and do some really nice damage if the fight lasts longer than a few seconds.

It's not at all a game changer, but I found that for one "fire and forget" GCD it's really effective.
    Last edited by takadox; 11-30-2012 at 11:19 PM.

Default love this for pvp too!

This build owns in pvp and is quite fun! im consistantly top 3 kills and dmg in wf's @53. Very solid for pvp and ive been doing well soloing 1-2 higher levels with the st setup! Solid pve aoe as well! My new go-to build! /excitement!

Rift Chaser

While NB/RS is a really good spec based mostly on surviving battle tru being a lil bit more armored and mobile.... There is a better way of subsouling NB for lvling!

5 points in tactician for the curative engine (this is sufficient togheter with vampiric essence to keep you alive and kicking)

10 points in Marksman for 15% damage increase (gift + single minded focus) and increased fire power

Everything else into NB youd be amazed how much damage you do and how fast stuff dies and a lot faster then the RS combo!

Like i said up top : use vampiric essence on yer weapons and curative engine setup yer macroes properly and set up some nice combinations of abilities yer a burning death machine literally!

greetz styxxey

Shadowlander

How would yoi fill this out while lvling pre 50? Im lvl 38 now and don't know weather toll fill rs or nb first.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast