+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Granpa said knock you out - level 50 and beyond no downtime NB leveling spec

A ranged AoE finisher is usually pointless. When soloing with this build all the enemies are going to be in melee range, and if they aren't they should be.

Telaran

There are times when it is nice to be able to stand back and use ranged attacks, like some rift invasion situations or certain PvP situations. It is these times when a ranged AoE finisher might come in handy. But I understand that this build is primarily a melee build and should be played as such for the majority of the time.

Soulwalker

Tis is best build i have played my rogue!
    Played to 53 lvl mainly bladedancer and extra points to assasin. died a lot to same level 53 mobs becouse lack self heal.

Tryed tis build and damm! was able kill 2-3 same level mob and hp recove back fast and ranged skills are nice for pulling mobs.

Tis is just must have build when u go SL zones!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Granpa View Post
    This is a fantastic spec for leveling. Zero downtime, stuff dies FAST. Good for single-target, or AOE pulls, and even quite tasty in Warfronts.

The spec:

41 NB / 21 RS / 4 Tact

Buffs:

Curative Engine
    Fell Blades
    Hellfire Blades (the mobs won't live long enough where smoldering blades would be worth using)
    Planebound Resilience
    Stalker Phase

Macros:

Single Target 1
    #show Shadow Assault
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shadow Assault
    cast Dusk to Dawn
    cast Phantom Blow
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Empyrean Bolt

Single Target Finisher
    #show Scourge of Darkness
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Scourge of Darkness
    cast Blazing Strike
    cast Flame Thrust

AOE 1
    #show Shadow Blitz
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shadow Blitz
    cast Rift Disturbance
    cast Fiery Chains
    cast Weapon Flare

AOE Finisher
    #show Flame Blitz
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Flame Blitz
    cast Empyrean Ray

Empyrean Ray is a single-target only finisher, but a good alternative to Flame Thrust for that fool that's trying to run away in PVP. I put in in the AOE finisher macro just for convenience but it's meant as an alternative single-target only finisher that does more damage than Flame Thrust (but does have a 1.5 sec cast time so it's more situational).

Single Target Rotation:

Conceal then start off with Dark Malady > Twilight Force (not macroed) > Single Target Macro 1 (until AP full) > Single Target Finisher ... repeat from Twilight Force until mob is dead (which won't be long).

AOE Rotation:

Twilight Force > Spam AOE Macro until full AP > AOE Finisher ... repeat until mobs are dead.

If you get in trouble use Planar Refuge (30% reduction in damage done to you), and Twilight Transcendence (50% damage reduction + heals you for 50% of your health over 4 seconds).

As you level up, keep putting points in NB. Very fun spec to level with and as I said, not too shabby in PVP.
    Seeing as I am level 50. Where should I place my points initially. Should I completely the two trees with the least amount of points first then apply to NB or....?
    Guild - Mutiny @ Greybriar
    Spannx (Rogue)
    Spannz (Cleric)
    Spannage (Mage)
    Outfitter 375 - Butcher 375 - Survival 375 - Fishing 375

Quote Originally Posted by Span View Post
    Seeing as I am level 50. Where should I place my points initially. Should I completely the two trees with the least amount of points first then apply to NB or....?
    The build is for a level 50 character.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    The build is for a level 50 character.
    Yea I noticed that after I posted.
    Guild - Mutiny @ Greybriar
    Spannx (Rogue)
    Spannz (Cleric)
    Spannage (Mage)
    Outfitter 375 - Butcher 375 - Survival 375 - Fishing 375

Shadowlander

This build is not viable when you reach 58-60, I seem to have a lot of downtme with this build

Quote Originally Posted by bjcdh06 View Post
    This build is not viable when you reach 58-60, I seem to have a lot of downtme with this build
    You must be doing something wrong. I used the build all the way up to 60 no problem, and still keep it around for my daily runs.

Nightblade is super awesome for grinding.

This is what I'm using at 60 and it tears through individual mobs like they're nothing. AOE isn't so hot but it's more than adequate for the 2-3 mobs at a time you usually end up fighting unless you're deliberately trying to AOE farm, although when you have Living Flame up packs of mobs die fast. I don't bother starting from stealth, and I don't bother with teleports (kind of pointless IMO if you can't maintain 100% uptime on Stalker Phase).

Ebon + Hellfire blades, I use the whetstone PA buff but you could use Vampiric Essence if you want more survivability. Just start spamming Fiery Spike until the mob either gets into melee range or you hit 5CP, and then it's basically two-button macro spam with a Twilight Force each rotation. It's not as powerful or as suirvivable as BD/RS builds, but it's a hell of a lot easier to manage when you're just mindlessly cranking out dailies/carnages.
    Stubbo - Zaviel EU

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Span View Post
    Hi all
    This is what I was going to ask except that I'm level 12. How should I distribute points as I work my way to 50?. I'm guessing concentrate on NB mostly and Rift occasionally.

And I love this build, I'm almost indestructible

Thanks

Soulwalker

Thanks for this amazing build! I have loved it so far from 48 to 55. I am only now getting around to CONSIDERING tweaking it. A couple of questions while I whittle away the hours before I can play again...

How much of my sustainability comes from Curative Engine? It seems if I replace Tact with MM, I can keep my Range dps options and boost my overall DPS.

Instead of putting post 50 pts all into NB, it looks like if I put 4 or 5 more pts into RS (getting at least 1 in Shadow Mastery) then I can have a permanent up-time on the Stalker +15% dmg buff. Can any more talented number-crunchers verify whether this is an overall improvement over what those points can get me in the NB tree?

This is the build I am currently looking at trying IF I can maintain most of my sustainability without Curative Engine... Link. I then plan to put my post-55 points into MM to get "Increased Firepower", which with "Ruthless Stalker" from RS should be up all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhrosty View Post
    How much of my sustainability comes from Curative Engine?
    Most of it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Most of it.
    Thanks for the quick reply. It sounds like such a small effect, only healing for a couple hundred per second, but I suppose it can't be helped unless my Apothecary can sufficiently supplement it (and then I lose one of my uh-oh buttons).

Soulwalker

For anyone without the SL souls you can still run this build just fine. I use bard as my 3rd soul and do perfectly fine. I like keeping motif of bravery up for the AP. I am sure there are other souls that maybe better but honestly I don't even think you need anything other than NB/RS unless you have Tact then its pretty much a no brainer.

Thank you for this build. Got me from 50-59 quite fast so far and it works insanely well in PVP.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Khallan View Post
    Hi all
    This is what I was going to ask except that I'm level 12. How should I distribute points as I work my way to 50?. I'm guessing concentrate on NB mostly and Rift occasionally.

And I love this build, I'm almost indestructible

Thanks
    Would like to know this as well, anyone care to help out those of us who are in the leveling process?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast