+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Granpa said knock you out - level 50 and beyond no downtime NB leveling spec

Quote Originally Posted by Peebly View Post
    I'm fairly new to macros etc, but when I made them verbatim to what is recommended, I find them on a long CD once I use them the first time. Example, I open with Dark Malady and Twilight as mentioned, but when I hit my Single target build, it goes on a long CD, as does the Finisher.

Is that how it should be? or should they be spammable
    They are spammable. Press it again and it'll fire off the next ability in the macro. The cooldown displayed is for the ability after the "#show" on the first line, and doesn't prevent you from using the macro again.

Macros basically use a single ability per press, in order of priority.

Take the following macro, for instance:

#show Scourge of Darkness
    cast Scourge of Darkness
    cast Blazing Strike
    cast Flame Thrust

This will display Scourge of Darkness's icon and tooltip.

If I press it, it'll try to use Scourge of Darkness. If it can't (because Scourge of Darkness is on cooldown, for instance), then it'll try to use the next ability, which is Blazing Strike. If it can't do that (maybe I'm not in melee range), then it'll try to cast Flame Thrust, and if it can't do that, then nothing will happen at all because there aren't any more commands in the macro.

And if, at any point, it uses an ability on a keypress, it won't proceed to the next ones, and I'd need to press it again. (This is what you do with the builder macro).
    Last edited by Muspel; 03-26-2013 at 05:17 PM.

Soulwalker

Thanks a ton for the info Muspel. That helped immensely!. If I could give gold stars, you my friend, would be receiving many

First of all great spec, done me so good so far upto 50, but now i've hit SL mobs i seem to be more energy starved, i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong but it seems to be after a cycle of the Single Target macro and the finisher and then i'm having to wait for my energy to regen, which don't get me wrong, it doesn't take a long time at all (like 2 global coodowns), but it's two seconds faster that the mob could have been dead. But again, thanks a lot for the build, it's helped an absolute tonne!

Rebden.
    Last edited by Rebden; 04-24-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Icewatch EU Server <Consortium>
    Rebden 52 Warrior | Teale 21 Mage
    Aggron 50 Rogue | Govenor 5 Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Rebden View Post
    First of all great spec, done me so good so far upto 50, but now i've hit SL mobs i seem to be more energy starved, i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong but it seems to be after a cycle of the Single Target macro and the finisher and then i'm having to wait for my energy to regen, which don't get me wrong, it doesn't take a long time at all (like 2 global coodowns), but it's two seconds faster that the mob could have been dead. But again, thanks a lot for the build, it's helped an absolute tonne!

Rebden.
    This spec is just energy starved. You can use Primal Strike instead of Dusk Strike to slow it down a bit, but it won't stop the starvation completely.

If you want to avoid that issue, you could try a Bladedancer soloing build, like the one in my signature, but it's somewhat harder to play right.
    Last edited by Muspel; 04-24-2013 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    This spec is just energy starved. You can use Primal Strike instead of Dusk Strike to slow it down a bit, but it won't stop the starvation completely.

If you want to avoid that issue, you could try a Bladedancer soloing build, like the one in my signature, but it's somewhat harder to play right.
    Oooh okay, i see. Well i'll buy another slot today and try your Bladedancer build, thanks for the reply!

Rebden.

Icewatch EU Server <Consortium>
    Rebden 52 Warrior | Teale 21 Mage
    Aggron 50 Rogue | Govenor 5 Cleric

Soulwalker

I've just came back after not playing for about 2 years and I wanted to carry on leveling through the new expansion on my already 50 Rogue. I tried the famous tactician spec and although it worked, it was boring and not what I leveled Rogue for at all, felt more like a Mage.

Anyways I gave this try and it's perfect! I am killing fast with ease and literally no down time, thank you so much!

Soulwalker

Default Link won't load?

Hey, I just stumbled upon this leveling guide and I wanted to try out this build but the link you provided seems to be broken. Anyway someone can post what it is? Thanks!

Default So

I like this build and I follow it pretty much to a T in terms of rotation, but it doesn't seem like it kills things in SL as fast as everyone claims it does.. and I tend to end fights with around 68-78% HP (which gets healed mostly back to full w/ tact things + boosted regen) so I dunno if I'm doing something wrong in how to do the rotation or what..

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by hs0j View Post
    I like this build and I follow it pretty much to a T in terms of rotation, but it doesn't seem like it kills things in SL as fast as everyone claims it does.. and I tend to end fights with around 68-78% HP (which gets healed mostly back to full w/ tact things + boosted regen) so I dunno if I'm doing something wrong in how to do the rotation or what..
    Sounds like working as intended.
    Try that other BladeDancer build, it's better from my use of both build experiences. But a lot more complex(hard) to play. Though once you get used to managing the dances and key stroking, it is waaaaay better. Because you do not get energy starved AT ALL and has more survivability/dps depending on the situation.

To make it easier I'd suggest putting the dances in order of his recommendation for aoe and ST. Furthermore, create one action bar for each action(if you use the main bar you can switch them easily with the same key set) I use mouse 4 and 5 for forward and backwards action bar switch, and each bar corresponding to either aoe or ST which made it that much easier.
    Last edited by Jackie Chan; 05-27-2013 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Chan View Post
    Sounds like working as intended.
    Try that other BladeDancer build, it's better from my use of both build experiences. But a lot more complex(hard) to play. Though once you get used to managing the dances and key stroking, it is waaaaay better. Because you do not get energy starved AT ALL and has more survivability/dps depending on the situation.

To make it easier I'd suggest putting the dances in order of his recommendation for aoe and ST. Furthermore, create one action bar for each action(if you use the main bar you can switch them easily with the same key set) I use mouse 4 and 5 for forward and backwards action bar switch, and each bar corresponding to either aoe or ST which made it that much easier.
    I have three specs currently that I've tried for levelling. NB (this one), Bard, and that BD spec you're talking about.

I've done literally everything the guide for the BD guide says and pretty much have it all set up how you're explaining and I still take forever to kill a single mob and my life is about half after each kill, so I have a kill, kill, downtime. Kill, downtime, kill, kill, downtime - rotation.

Soulwalker

I have three specs currently that I've tried for levelling. NB (this one), Bard, and that BD spec you're talking about.

I've done literally everything the guide for the BD guide says and pretty much have it all set up how you're explaining and I still take forever to kill a single mob and my life is about half after each kill, so I have a kill, kill, downtime. Kill, downtime, kill, kill, downtime - rotation.
    outdated gears? are you always dancing?
    I'm constantly pulling 3 at a time and they usually just die in one aoe combo point rotation + one of the two hard hitting aoe spells. and Single mobs cant even hit harder than that passive heal from tech soul, only soloing the enhanced mobs in instant adventure get my rogue to about 70%-ish before they die.
    fast as lightning.

Ever since I switched my Ranger to Bladedancer (Muspel's guide), I feel I'm invincible. Even at level 51, I was able to handle 3 lvl 50 SL mobs with 26K hp each and I hardly broke a sweat, let alone lost health.

Plus, I kill really fast. What gear are you wearing? What blades are you using? If you are in pre-SL purple gear (unless it's T2 raid gear), I suggest you switch into SL green gear, including weapons.

Also, make sure you stay buffed up all the time. Always have Side Step, Combat Preparation and Double Coup up, plus your hourly buffs. Always! Side Step is really important.

I have never lost half of my HP, unless I go up against Elites that are a few levels higher than me. I can easily defend the sourcewells by myself, in Ember Isle and in SL.
    Last edited by Agrona77; 05-28-2013 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    Ever since I switched my Ranger to Bladedancer (Muspel's guide), I feel I'm invincible. Even at level 51, I was able to handle 3 lvl 50 SL mobs with 26K hp each and I hardly broke a sweat, let alone lost health.

Plus, I kill really fast. What gear are you wearing? What blades are you using? If you are in pre-SL purple gear (unless it's T2 raid gear), I suggest you switch into SL green gear, including weapons.

Also, make sure you stay buffed up all the time. Always have Side Step, Combat Preparation and Double Coup up, plus your hourly buffs. Always! Side Step is really important.

I have never lost half of my HP, unless I go up against Elites that are a few levels higher than me. I can easily defend the sourcewells by myself, in Ember Isle and in SL.
    outdated gears? are you always dancing?
    I'm constantly pulling 3 at a time and they usually just die in one aoe combo point rotation + one of the two hard hitting aoe spells. and Single mobs cant even hit harder than that passive heal from tech soul, only soloing the enhanced mobs in instant adventure get my rogue to about 70%-ish before they die.
    I'm started in PRE-SL T2 gear and have since then upgraded to mainly blues/greens from SL - so it's not a problem with gear. And at 50 you're gonna wreck 50-51 mobs, as they don't have a lot of HP. I'm talking about 52ish fighting 53/54 mobs, etc. I follow everything exactly and it just doesn't kill as fast as everyone claims it should; even with permanent uptime of all dances and sidesteps.

I'm trying to Martian spec now.

I'm started in PRE-SL T2 gear and have since then upgraded to mainly blues/greens from SL - so it's not a problem with gear. And at 50 you're gonna wreck 50-51 mobs, as they don't have a lot of HP. I'm talking about 52ish fighting 53/54 mobs, etc. I follow everything exactly and it just doesn't kill as fast as everyone claims it should; even with permanent uptime of all dances and sidesteps.
    Every spec will kill slowly when you're fighting mobs above you in level. You take significantly amplified damage and deal less damage when there's a level differential. And it gets even more pronounced with a 2-level difference.

That's why it's so vital that you don't fall behind in levels as you quest through Storm Legion content-- in general, if you're fighting mobs that are even 1 level above you, it means you've been doing things you shouldn't: like skipping Carnage quests, or not doing both continents.
    Last edited by Muspel; 05-28-2013 at 12:47 PM.

Tried this spec and whilst it was fun it was just too energy starved for my liking. I ended up using a similar build (4 tactician/21 riftstalker) with Assassin as the main soul. It has no real aoe but is more survivable and very energy efficient (plus has perma stealth)

So thanks for the ideas in this thread, gave me the impetus to create a build for my own play style
    Marleigh - Rogue - 36/20/20 Assassin/Riftstalker/Bladedancer
    Cyna - Mage - Necro/Elementalist
    Butch - Warrior - Warlord/Champion 'Perfect Solo'
    Harleigh - Cleric - Full Druid with a hint of Shaman
    Light Knights Multi Gaming Community

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast