+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Granpa said knock you out - level 50 and beyond no downtime NB leveling spec

Just comming back to game. Does this build still work?

and if so what about the macros.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mistify View Post
    Just comming back to game. Does this build still work?

and if so what about the macros.
    I just came back last year. I don't recall whether I had to tweak the macros or not, but there is significantly more UI lag with the macros than I remember. Net effect was a little downtime after some multi-mob fights. I used the build all the way up to 60, and it worked fine. I just had to be mindful of the UI lag. However, the build is awful in Nightmare Tide. I switched over to a 61Marks build, which works much better. I really miss this build though. Loved the lightning-fast stabby nature of it.

Soulwalker

Build still works perfectly fine with or without macro

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hyoline View Post
    ... However, the build is awful in Nightmare Tide. I switched over to a 61Marks build, which works much better.
    Respectfully disagree. I still run Granpa's build w/ minor mods part time for gathering/questing, even running IA's: typically 30-35k sustained dps, 3rd-6th dps behind the "pure" dps specs, on an alt w/ 1000 hit and mediocre raid gear. Granpa is easy to run, hits decently, has some utility (stealth and incapacitate, no interrupt), and it is hard to kill, which is what I want for running around in open world!

Yes, 61 assassin or MM do more damage.

61 MM for gathering/questing? Naw. Good ST damage w/ little or no self-healing, no stealth - but great mobility! It's a classic glass cannon - great DPS, just don't let anything hit you. Fine if you like kiting stuff around, and wear insoles all the time. MM is great in dungeons, zone event bosses &c.

Assassin does work well for solo, better dps and self-healing/dam mitigation than grandpa, stealth at full speed, stun to separate the dangerous from the trash, but very ST - no AoE to speak of. It will survive being hit, though - or rather, it will kill more quickly, and can sneak away if that ain't working. It's just a bit more work to run effectively: use stealth, maneuver behind and backstab for the big burst, manage poisons &c.

Default PA Attunement

Hey Gang
    I'm recently back from a hiatus and started using this spec. I'm lvl 50 now and I was wondering what the PA would be on this.I'm talking about pre 60 lvl?

BTW, this spec still ROCKS

Thanks all and happy rifting !!!!!

Del
    The way to a warrior's heart is thru his blood soaked armor

Shadowlander

Default Ummm

Can so one please tell me if this spec is still viable????

Quote Originally Posted by bjcdh06 View Post
    Can so one please tell me if this spec is still viable????
    I am wondering the same thing
    Have you ever wanted to?

Plane Touched

Used this to level my rogue in the past year. This spec runs out of steam around level 60. Without sidekicking, leveling to 65 was slow and painful. I stopped using my rogue since she hit 65 because there's no way this will hold up to Celestial Lands.

Edit: was wrong, still works in Celestial Lands
    Last edited by Mizuki Ayu; 10-05-2018 at 07:51 PM.

I leveled 2 rogues in SFP. I found the 61 Sin build to be the best. If you want more survivability just swap out the ranger off soul for tactician and use curative engine. I preferred leveling with the regular 61 Sin build. Get your razorbeast legendary at lvl 69 and Poison Malice at lvl 70. The rest dont really matter once you get ToD, get that as soon as you can.
    RIP boiled water, you will be mist

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    I leveled 2 rogues in SFP. I found the 61 Sin build to be the best. If you want more survivability just swap out the ranger off soul for tactician and use curative engine. I preferred leveling with the regular 61 Sin build. Get your razorbeast legendary at lvl 69 and Poison Malice at lvl 70. The rest don't really matter once you get ToD, get that as soon as you can.
    Would you be so kind as to point me in the right direction as to where the assassin build is please??? Thanks
    Last edited by bjcdh06; 12-15-2017 at 09:41 PM.

Soulwalker

Not real sure what builds work better than others but I have used this build since lvl 60 and never had any issues other than maybe being a bit slow. I can even handle VP with this when I was 69 and would pull up to 3 mobs at a time and would not die. Just my opinion but this is still viable as a spec but will not burn through things like other specs might be able to do.

Anyone got a KAlert set for this build? And also lookin for the 61 sin build and any confirmation that this build kinda slags after 60 still. Thanks for the original build tho, loving it so far at 52 having been ranger till now and wanted something more traditional rogue to play

tried this out for prime, its so bad. i almost die and need to use both cds for only 1 mob with 34k health because i do 444 dps. i have decent gear so its frustrating now to even kill one single mob.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kromede View Post
    tried this out for prime, its so bad. i almost die and need to use both cds for only 1 mob with 34k health because i do 444 dps. i have decent gear so its frustrating now to even kill one single mob.
    because this spec is 6 years old... a LOT have changed since then
    :: Natia@Zaviel :: Rogue :: Stuffs cleared ::

Plane Touched

This spec still works great on Live. It was not designed to deal with the increased difficulty on Prime, so I wouldn't waste the time playing it on there. Leveled from 50-70 using this spec.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast