+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Granpa said knock you out - level 50 and beyond no downtime NB leveling spec

Quote Originally Posted by thecybot View Post
    Thanks for your suggestions, I will try that.
    I tried your build before this one and it seemed to me that this one has slightly better dps although your build gave me more survivability.
    This build's DPS is a little bit swingy, which is one of the reasons I never fell in love with it. SoD and the DPS cooldowns give you great DPS when everything lines up, but you also hit DPS troughs where you'll take longer to kill something than Sin Stalker would.

I like this one more because it's a lot easier to play, I like it simple, you know?
    The problem is that Granpa's prescribed method of playing the spec is rather sub-optimal. If you want to play this spec "right", you need to micromanage Dusk Strike, keep an eye on Heat Retention stacks, etc. It's not so noticeable for normal leveling, but if you try to follow this guide 100% for a Chronicle, you'll Energy starve on bosses extremely quickly.

If you want to play my build in the simplest possible way, don't bother with Puncture/Impale, use a Shadow skill before every second Finisher if you don't want to watch KAlert, and Macro Expose Weakness to your builder. You'll lose a chunk of DPS, but you only need four buttons for normal single-target play (Builder, Shadow, Finisher, Stealth - put an EW/Jagged Strike Macro on the same button as your Shadow Macro and you can start every fight by pressing the same button 3 times => Finisher).

Soulwalker

That makes me think. I do run out of energy in PVP pretty quick with this build but my priority lies on leveling for now so that is not a real problem (although it is annoying sometimes)
    I think I'll take another look at your build tomorrow. Is the energy usage better with your spec? Killing mobs wasn't as fast as this spec. It felt somewhat slower when I tried it.
    Last edited by thecybot; 09-21-2013 at 12:14 PM.

Soulwalker

Hey, first thx for the guide, I play something very similar but now that I reach lvl 30 I have to ask you something Is scourge rly ok for lvling?? I read that after lvl 50 mobs gains tons of hp but right now I burst them down in some sec, my finisher remoove around 50% at least so I doubt that I can go faster with scourge exept maybe on elite but it's like 5% of the encounter. I am a rly beginner at rift but for me scourge looks like a dungeon skil more than outdoor solo.

I use this spec only to solo I am a tank in dungeon, so can I avoid scurge? If no, can you explain why plz?

Soulwalker

Sry for double post I didn't find how to edit, What about a point in death from the shadow instead? Regard to the 5 point to increase finisher dmg bring them a bit faster may be ok isn't it?

Soulwalker

Forgot about last post I understood by myself

Scourge of Darkness is definitely worth using. It does WAY more damage than any other finisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Swinky View Post
    Sry for double post I didn't find how to edit,
    The edit option lasts only about 5 minutes starting as soon as you first submit your post. Silly restriction, but I suggest you may try using the "Preview Post" function to read through your posts prior to actually submitting it. This is what I found helpful because a lot of time, I miss something due to the fact that I just read too fast and overlook things.

Anyway, I am looking at your Rogue setup for my new level 10 Rogue. I usually prefer ranged with a pet...feels much like a companion that helps, when I have a pet for combat. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I, for one like pets.

Soulwalker

hi im testing this build for my new character can someone tell me why flame thrust and blazing strike are on the the finisher macro when none of them have a cooldown , i just dont get why both are there

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by azraelnight View Post
    hi im testing this build for my new character can someone tell me why flame thrust and blazing strike are on the the finisher macro when none of them have a cooldown , i just dont get why both are there
    Blazing Strike is a melee only ability, Flame Thrust has a 20 meter range.

Rift Disciple

What about a level 60 solo spec for dailies etc?

Shadowlander

OMG this build is so OP that its not real xD im just bursting down all mobs in ashora whit 82k HP in 10 seconds OMG im so happy finaly i can do my quests and reach lvl 60 thx man

Soulwalker

Long time forum lurker and finally logged in the forums. Thanks for the build. Just hit 57 and have been flying the whole way up. Hope to hit 60 soon. Thanks again!

It's amazing that this build is so durable. Both in the longevity of the build itself, and its survivability in game. I was leveling assassin (because it's too much fun), and figured I'd try this build. I just finished the Ashora dailies questline at 56, and I was taking out multiple 60s. I seriously doubt assassin could've done that. I miss the auto escape that sin has, but if you kill em fast enough, it doesn't matter. Although, I wonder if after all this time there aren't some adjustments that could make it better.

Long time lurker, just wanted to post an adjustment I made with the latest changes and such, modified for 60:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/b...9iky/A/tt555l0

51 nb / 25 rs / 0 marksman

I wanted 51 NB to get living flame, which is a fantastic AOE, something I think the original build needed. The ST on the original was great, but AOE needed something more.

I decided to replace tact for marksman because I found I didn't necessarily need the engine to stay alive--you get more than enough survivability from your RS skills and passives, and it's better I think in the long run to do more damage instead. I've never died with this spec in solo events at-level, doing Rifts and such in the SL content (which is what it was designed for, of course).

I also tested this build in expert dungeons for lol's, and I think it's actually decent there even though you have abilities that generate aggro (I've never once pulled from the tank, even tanks at lower level in poor gear). Your survivability means you don't give the healer a hard time in difficult moments, and the fact that you constantly slow/root enemies means you create decent CC for the party (very useful for certain dungeons once you learn to control it). I also tended to have the most or closest DPS with people equal to me, which means it was good on that front, too.

In PVP, it's also pretty fantastic (not the best pvp rogue spec, imo, but one of the best for sure). Again, you're survivable, you do a lot of damage very quickly, and you create a lot of CC, so enemy players will hate you in the field.

Most of the macros are the same, and the strat is the same. Always use twilight force first (it's your main CC, and you can spam it).

Single Target (builder)
    #show touch of darkness
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shadow Assault
    cast touch of darkness
    cast Dusk to Dawn
    cast Phantom Blow
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast swift shot

Single Target (finisher)
    #show Scourge of Darkness
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Scourge of Darkness
    cast Blazing Strike
    cast Flame Thrust

AoE (builder/starter)
    #show Shadow Blitz
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shadow Blitz
    cast Rift Disturbance
    cast Fiery Chains
    cast Weapon Flare

AoE (finisher)
    #show living flame
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast living flame
    cast Flame Blitz

Buffs:
    stalker phase
    planebound resistance
    fell blades
    hellfire blades

on boss, switch to smoldering blades (not necessarily a bad thing if you forget though)

Keep planar refuge and on the double on your bar in case of emergency. Have twilight transcendance at easy access.

Keep guarded steel around too if you need the extra armor (do not use in dungeons unless it's an emergency).

Planar Attunements:
    Spec far enough into Death to get Vampiric Essence. This has come in VERY useful on this spec, the heals proc often and at decent amounts. Spend the rest in Air (for dex) after getting your additional charges.

And that's all, really. Most of it is the same. I really, really, really appreciate the OP for the build, it's by far my favorite thing out of rogues lol.
    Last edited by baconses; 10-18-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Soulwalker

Hey guys I just started the game and decided to find a build just so later on I wouldn't have to worry about changing my specs. However it seems that with this f2p model you can only have the basic souls meaning that I can't get my hands on the tact soul. So is there any suitable replacement for this soul? Or do I have to look for a different build altogether?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast