Closed Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 304
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Riftstalker - Tanking in Storm Legion

  1. #1
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,837

    Default Riftstalker - Tanking in Storm Legion

    This guide has been updated for Nightmare Tide. The new version can be found here.
    Last edited by Muspel; 11-08-2014 at 03:41 PM.

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    55

    Default

    What if you took tactician instead of ranger for you first build? You would get the same 3% damage reduction, but instead of 10% extra endurance you would gain 10% extra armor and resists plus the healing core.

  3. #3
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by High_Marshal View Post
    What if you took tactician instead of ranger for you first build? You would get the same 3% damage reduction, but instead of 10% extra endurance you would gain 10% extra armor and resists plus the healing core.
    10% endurance is a larger effective health boost than 10% armor/resists. The tactitian build would take slightly less damage and therefore be easier to heal, but at the expense of being more susceptible to spike damage.

    The difference is small enough that it shouldn't make or break you, but the trade-off is still there.

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Thanks for the guide, great help !

    One question by the way : is the deflect soft cap still at 927 ?

  5. #5
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maelusine View Post
    Thanks for the guide, great help !

    One question by the way : is the deflect soft cap still at 927 ?
    I don't think so, but I'd have to do some extensive testing to actually confirm that.

    My suspicion is that the level 60 softcap is going to be at whatever deflect rating gives the same %deflect chance that 927 did at level 50. But I don't really have any basis for that suspicion, so take it with a mountainous pile of salt.
    Last edited by Muspel; 11-19-2012 at 10:48 AM.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Swordinstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Nice write up. Too bad all my tanking gear is outdated now. Probably be a bit before I am tanking any experts again as DPS is my priority. Tanking as a rogue is just so much fun though can't wait to try the new cooldowns out.

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    363

    Default

    I think there might be more to the 8 Tac/7 Ranger build than you give credit. You mention getting Curative Engine (I think you meant instead of core... you get Necrotic Core), but you don't mention the 10% increase to Armor and Resists. That's pretty huge and I think outweighs the 10% Endurance and 4% bonus to heals that Bard grants.
    It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -
    William G. McAdoo

  8. #8
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaedan View Post
    I think there might be more to the 8 Tac/7 Ranger build than you give credit. You mention getting Curative Engine (I think you meant instead of core... you get Necrotic Core), but you don't mention the 10% increase to Armor and Resists. That's pretty huge and I think outweighs the 10% Endurance and 4% bonus to heals that Bard grants.
    Bard is 13.5% endurance, because of the passive Gift bonus it grants. Also, as I mentioned earlier, even 10% endurance is superior to 10% armor/resists in terms of EH.

    And I did indeed mean Curative Engine. Thanks for catching that, I've corrected it in the guide.
    Last edited by Muspel; 11-19-2012 at 09:57 PM.

  9. #9
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    Added a brief section about tanking at low levels. If there's something else you feel should be added there, let me know.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Primalthirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,832

    Default

    The Deflect chance softcap and hardcap are still at the same % chance due to rating they were in 1.10, you just can't get to them at this stage.
    Nope.

  11. #11
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    The Deflect chance softcap and hardcap are still at the same % chance due to rating they were in 1.10, you just can't get to them at this stage.
    K, I figured as much. Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by Muspel; 11-21-2012 at 01:49 PM.

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2

    Default 76 points ?

    All your specs are 76 points but in the ZAM calculator u have 79 points available, is that a fail in ZAM's soulcalculator or ?

  13. #13
    Prophet of Telara Delmlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    pretty much covers it, I think you forgot to mention turning planar splash on and off because sometimes the aoe isn't needed


    I also thought primals spreadsheet was just for warriors, didn't notice the rogue section

    gj man
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

  14. #14
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OHara View Post
    All your specs are 76 points but in the ZAM calculator u have 79 points available, is that a fail in ZAM's soulcalculator or ?
    Yeah, the calculator is wrong. You only get 76 points at level 60.

    Quote Originally Posted by Delmlord View Post
    pretty much covers it, I think you forgot to mention turning planar splash on and off because sometimes the aoe isn't needed
    Nope, I mentioned it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    For AoE pulls, turn on Planar Splash, keep Planar Vortex up by using the macro every eight seconds, and mash your combo point builder.

  15. #15
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5

    Default

    I'd appreciate if you can make a gearing guide too , starting from normal dungeons upto expert.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts