+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vera

Thread: Introducing: Whirling Ninja Assasin Shadow-pirate of Hash-Yoloswag [BETA 3A]

Default Introducing: Whirling Ninja Assasin Shadow-pirate of Hash-Yoloswag [BETA 3A]

I probably shouldn't post this, because it's OP and it will get nerfed, but this is the Hybrid DPS Tactician build I have been using.

Whirling Ninja Assasin Shadow-pirate of Hash-Yoloswag [BETA 3A]

Buffs
    • Necrotic Engine
    • Virulent Poison
    • Feral Instincts

You don't need to use macros, as the spec is very easy to play. However, you can use these if you want:

Macros

Builder Macro

#show Infernal Beam
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Infernal Beam
    cast Necrotic Bolt
    cast Empyrean Bolt

Errrr... that's it.

Buttons Needed
    • Builder Macro (Or abilities in the macro bound separately)
    • Battle Remote
    • Head Shot
    • Necrotic Core
    • Shadow Fire
    • Splinter Shot
    • Empyrean Ray
    • Necrotic Ray
    • Power Core
    • Curative Core
    • Curative Remote
    • Necrotic Engine / Restorative Engine

Rotation

Rather than give a rotation, I'm going to just tell you what you need to do:

Keep up Shadow Fire
    Keep up Splinter Shot bleed

Your first finisher should be Head Shot, which you should refresh every 60 seconds.

From then on, hardcast Empyrean Ray to finish. You want to use Infernal Beam and Necrotic Bolt on cooldown, so you can put just spam the builder macro if you wish.

You have Battle Remote and Power Core to use once a minute. Power Core is a raid buff, that increases Raid Damage by 10% for 15 seconds, to try to use it appropriately. It's not just for your benefit.

For AOE, you can substitute in Necrotic Ray as your finisher.

BELOW 30%

This spec comes into its own when your target (whether it's the boss, or an add next to) is below 30%. The rotation becomes Infernal Beam, and then spam Necrotic Bolt.

This will be a significant DPS increase. Continue to use Shadow Fire.

Note that Necrotic Bolt will hit all enemies between you and your target. You can use this to your advantage if there are adds up, and it will do a large amount of AOE splash damage if you target correctly.

Healing Considerations

One of the advantages of this spec is that it can also provide some healing, if needed. It is possible to switch during the fight, should a healer die.
    • You have Curative Blast as a finisher, which you can use once every 15 seconds
    • Curative Core, which can be placed down if people are nearby enough
    • Curative Remote, which will provide some decent AOE healing.
    • Restorative Engine can be engaged, which will sacrifice a large amount of DPS, but will provide decent AOE healing.

AOE

This is not a good spec for AOE. Go 41/35 for that.

Thoughts

The basic idea is to provide viable, if unexceptional ST Ranged DPS, while bringing some of what tactician has to offer to the table; namely some reserve healing, and Power Core.

If you're raiding in a perfect guild, it wouldn't be necessary. But for multi-stage fights, where the healing load changes, it comes into its own. Or if your healers are derpy.

This spec blew me away, It have my approval.
    AFK.

I sure hope Vera will get "Guide Writer" after this post.

I approve this spec

special.guildlaunch.com - Always Recruiting Exceptional Players

Free Rift Strats @ rift-mmorpg.com
    Rogue Class Lead

R2D2 also using this spec.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

RIFT Guide Writer

Very interesting looking spec. I'd like to know what you mean by "viable, if unexceptional ST Ranged DPS". Is that 5% behind other ranged dps? 10%? 15%? 20%?

+1 for the name, and the spec seems interesting as well

I appreciate all the time, tweaking and research you put into the name!

oh and nice spec btw
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    Very interesting looking spec. I'd like to know what you mean by "viable, if unexceptional ST Ranged DPS". Is that 5% behind other ranged dps? 10%? 15%? 20%?
    In truth, I don't know exactly how it compares to other specs very well (at different gear levels, against different targets).

With the SL T1 Raid Gear, I was pulling 8.2K self-buffed on the Level 62 dummy in Tempest Bay.

Bear in mind that Super Meter won't show your pet's DPS (or isn't for me), so you'll need to parse with ACT.

Update:

There's a point misplaced in Predatory Instincts, which you don't need, as you're using Feral.

Something went wrong with the spec I originally posted; here's the one I'm using

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/b...w/T8ilawKbyE/y

since the spec has some reserve healing, how is it for soloing? did you try the newest chronicle yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyriel View Post
    since the spec has some reserve healing, how is it for soloing? did you try the newest chronicle yet?
    I wouldn't use it for soloing, not really enough AOE, and other configurations could do it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    Update:

There's a point misplaced in Predatory Instincts, which you don't need, as you're using Feral.

Something went wrong with the spec I originally posted; here's the one I'm using

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/b...w/T8ilawKbyE/y
    yeah the original has only 1 point in fast and furious, was wondering about that

Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    In truth, I don't know exactly how it compares to other specs very well (at different gear levels, against different targets).

With the SL T1 Raid Gear, I was pulling 8.2K self-buffed on the Level 62 dummy in Tempest Bay.

Bear in mind that Super Meter won't show your pet's DPS (or isn't for me), so you'll need to parse with ACT.
    Are you sure that's all you are pulling? Most builds at 60 with SL T1 Raid gear are hitting 12k.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Are you sure that's all you are pulling? Most builds at 60 with SL T1 Raid gear are hitting 12k.
    With warlord gear at level 60 this is doing about 6k including pet so 8.2k plus pet sounds about right with raid gear. It's not a high dps build in itself on targets above 30% health but a power core for 15 seconds every minute is what can make this a raid dps increase. The dps under 30% looks very promising though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Testing in the Dummy Foundry with the raid buffs / debuffs, it was doing about 10.5K last night. The 8K figure was self-buffed on the "standard" TB Level 62 Dummy.

Still working on the rotation and tweaking the spec.

Edit: What's interesting is this: on the standard dummies, it parses equal or higher to 61 MM (that is, the full DPS spec). Unfortunately, when testing on the Dummy Foundry dummies, it starts to fall behind.

I think I mentioned, there's a bug with Opportunity which may cause some DPS loss. But it looks like it's not scaling very well in a raid environment. Again, this said, while we may be pulling 12 - 14K on dummies, our ST DPS in raids is significantly lower, even on bosses that haven't had their mechanics fully implemented yet.

In any case, this spec isn't hugely behind DPS specs; the question is whether it's close enough to warrant using it.
    Last edited by Vera; 11-07-2012 at 04:20 AM.

+ Reply to Thread