+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: PvE Nightblade 1.7+

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    I'll have to check that, sounds odd. If it's not a melee weapon attack then weapon dps doesn't effect SoD?
    A bit late answer but this is correct, weapon dps does not matter at all for SoD.

Also bumping this actual guide ahead of all the quick and dirty guides that got spammed to the guide section.

should you stack ap gear or crit gear for this spec?

Default Crystal required?

Crystal required? :3
    Sketch @ Icewatch
    Uxorai @ Icewatch
    Zey @ Icewatch

Quote Originally Posted by Atrlion View Post
    should you stack ap gear or crit gear for this spec?
    AP gear for sure. This is one of the best AP scaling specs we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Uxor View Post
    Crystal required? :3
    Really you should. The spec like... works... without a crystal, but you won't see the kind of numbers you are looking for without one. At the very least you want the T1 crystal, the HK 4 piece is what really makes this spec competitive though.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Telaran

How is NB vs 51 Raptor now?

Did any1 try out 51 raptor in raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosario View Post
    How is NB vs 51 Raptor now?

Did any1 try out 51 raptor in raid?
    They parse about the same assuming optimal conditions for each. NB with maybe slightly more ST, and Ranger with a fair amount more AoE. They are however each advantageous in different situations and gear levels. For instance, if you have a relic main hand and a non-relic ranged item NB will parse higher, if it's the other way around you want ranger.

I consider them equivalent. Judicious use of each one will ensure you are able to handle pretty any situation be it encounter based, or gear based.
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    They parse about the same assuming optimal conditions for each. NB with maybe slightly more ST, and Ranger with a fair amount more AoE. They are however each advantageous in different situations and gear levels. For instance, if you have a relic main hand and a non-relic ranged item NB will parse higher, if it's the other way around you want ranger.

I consider them equivalent. Judicious use of each one will ensure you are able to handle pretty any situation be it encounter based, or gear based.
    Im raiding now and we on Sicaron, doing 3.8k with only 16 ppl, so dont think we have all the raid buffs for the fight. Got the damn thing 4 times >< the statue ****, damn i so hate it LOL!!!

I have Soliton blade and Molten brad, and Double barrel gun. Should i stay as 51 ranger or go NB?
    Last edited by Rosario; 04-27-2012 at 05:28 AM.

Telaran

Im raiding now and we on Sicaron, doing 3.8k with only 16 ppl, so dont think we have all the raid buffs for the fight. Got the damn thing 4 times >< the statue ****, damn i so hate it LOL!!!

I have Soliton blade and Molten brad, and Double barrel gun. Should i stay as 51 ranger or go NB?
    forgot to say, we having some new members so some really loves to run as soon as they get the contract buff, they stay for 3 sec then RUN AWAY LOL cant belive it!!!

The Spec
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....iItRhqgRss.-5 (49NB/17sin)- This is THE spec. There is no Nightblade spec that I am aware of that even comes close to the ST DPS of this build. If you have a PVE Nightblade spec, this is what it should be.
    Could you please look at this updated build and tell me how it'd compare to ' THE build. '. Isn't it more beneficial to put points into marksmen? Cruel Vengeance increases damage by 10% w\ crits. Increased firepower in MM gives +5% attack power w\ crits per point. I'd think +20% attack power w\ crits would trump +10% damage w\ crits.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...MhqgRss.x0L.-5
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Quote Originally Posted by Archemys View Post
    Could you please look at this updated build and tell me how it'd compare to ' THE build. '. Isn't it more beneficial to put points into marksmen? Cruel Vengeance increases damage by 10% w\ crits. Increased firepower in MM gives +5% attack power w\ crits per point. I'd think +20% attack power w\ crits would trump +10% damage w\ crits.

Seems like it'd be worth a parse, but I'm guessing the reason /17sin will come out on top is pretty much solely due to Magnify Pain, which you forgot. 17 sin = Serrated blades, +10% damage to all attacks, +20% damage to crits. Magnify pain amounts to a rather large bump in dps for a spec that's practically all about throwing out high-damage finisher crits as fast as possible.
    Wolfsbane - <Mutinous Dogs>
    Splank - 50 Rogue
    Aboboy - 50 Cleric

NB will out parse Ranger on Sicaron. The problem with ranger on Sicaron is that the pet does not scale at all with the contract buff. You are much better off with NB for that particular encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Archemys View Post

The linked build will parse lower than "The" build for sure, and in fact will most likely parse lower than 51NB/10MM/5RS. Th reason for going 17 sin is because of Magnify Pain. If you are not going to go for magnify pain then you want to max out your AP as much as possible. If you don't want to use 49NB then i would recommend 51/10mm/5RS as a replacement.
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Telaran

I have 2 46 dps melee weapons (beast carver and tank dagger from silgen) and verdant archbow from greenscale. I also only have 2 pieces for the HK crystal and about 12000 PAs (I have major wife aggro, so I can't spend time farming). Right now NB for me is about 300 dps lower than ranger on fights that are equally pet and melee friendly (have not parsed NB on sicaron yet). Is this typical since I don't have 4pc HK yet? Or should NB be closer and I'm doing something wrong?

In raid situations, I'm soft crit capped and about 1k AP. I use ranger greater, and I don't have a separate source engine for NB.

Any help would be appreciated

My PAs are balanced between sword bow and dagger to get the most AP I can.
    Last edited by Clarith; 05-07-2012 at 06:34 AM.
    Covenant of the Phoenix - Deepwood
    Clarith - Rogue
    RG2 10/11 HK, 2/8 ID

Quote Originally Posted by Clarith View Post
    I have 2 46 dps melee weapons (beast carver and tank dagger from silgen) and verdant archbow from greenscale. I also only have 2 pieces for the HK crystal and about 12000 PAs (I have major wife aggro, so I can't spend time farming). Right now NB for me is about 300 dps lower than ranger on fights that are equally pet and melee friendly (have not parsed NB on sicaron yet). Is this typical since I don't have 4pc HK yet? Or should NB be closer and I'm doing something wrong?

In raid situations, I'm soft crit capped and about 1k AP. I use ranger greater, and I don't have a separate source engine for NB.

Any help would be appreciated

My PAs are balanced between sword bow and dagger to get the most AP I can.
    My advice, use another sword (anything really) and use your beast carver in your mainhand. Then respec your PAs fully for sword.

All rogue attacks (save BD) are calculated from mainhand only. Your offhand is just a stat stick and contributes a little bit to autoattacks. You're losing a lot of AP by using a dagger in your offhand and then splitting your PAs.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Telaran

I have definitely considered that, but my only other sword is the tank sword from MMDD. I'm hoping I get another beast carver, and then I would definitely respec my PAs. Any other advice?
    Covenant of the Phoenix - Deepwood
    Clarith - Rogue
    RG2 10/11 HK, 2/8 ID

Quote Originally Posted by Clarith View Post
    I have definitely considered that, but my only other sword is the tank sword from MMDD. I'm hoping I get another beast carver, and then I would definitely respec my PAs. Any other advice?
    Do what I said in the original post and use the MMDD sword.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast