+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By angryglock

Thread: Rogue Solo Build 1.7

Shadowlander

Default Rogue Solo Build 1.7

This is a solo build for rogues. My goals were doing the EI dailies, taking part in the zone events for IS grinding, mining nodes and artifacts and soloing the Chronicles. I was not looking for pure DPS build; I wanted survivability, full-time, full-speed stealth and the ability to choose what to fight, when to fight and when not to fight.

Build: 36/20/10 Sin/RS/NB

Assassin (36) gives me full-time stealth, full-speed when in stealth, and Slip Away for when I donít want to fight or am losing a fight. It gives me a CC to take one mob out of the fight so I can single target the other down. The most important item it gives me is Leaching Poison. Leaching Poison with the Poison Mastery and Poison Potency ticks a lot and for really nice numbers. On a ST fight I rarely drop below 75% HP and I'm nearly topped off most of the time at the end of the fight.

Riftstalker (20) gives me more AP for DPS and the Poison Mastery benefits from AP. Riftstalker also gives me a choice of mitigation in the form of armor from Toughened Soul, or strait damage reduction from Exceptional Resilience or a combination. It also gives me a self-heal on kill to use if I need it from Rift Scavenger. The points in Boosted Recovery make Leaching Poison even better. The Rift Guard coupled with the blinks gives me both damage mitigation, better DPS and more mobility.

Nightblade (10) gives me one more CC so I can take 2 mobs out of a fight, a good cleave attack with Weapon Flare and adds a ranged attack with Fiery Spike so I can hit the boss from range during an event before he dies. Itís a weak ranged attack but itís something to use to score the hits needed to get the IS rewards if you canít reach the boss in melee range in time.

Buffs: Planebound Resilience, Leaching Poison, Lethal Poison, Baneful Touch, Stalker Phase

Macros:

ST
    #show Savage Strike suppressmacrofailures
    cast Jagged Strike cast Puncture
    cast Savage Strike
    cast Fiery Spike
    cast Poison Malice
    cast Cut and Run
    cast Break Free

(I put Jagged Strike in the macro because I start my rotations with a Jagged Strike from Stealth and itís just more convenient for me to have it in the ST macro. Iím not concerned with macro-lag since this is not a DPS build itís a build for soloing and convenience)

Finisher
    #show Final Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Final Blow
    cast Fiery Spike

AOE
    #show Weapon Flare
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rift Disturbance
    cast Weapon Flare
    cast Fiery Spike
    cast Poison Malice
    cast Cut and Run
    cast Break Away

Stealth
    #show Slip Away
    suppressmacrofailures
    stopattack
    stopcasting
    cast Stealth
    cast Conceal
    cast Slip Away
    cast Elusiveness
    cast Cut and Run

(If the Assassin Stealth is off CD it fires, if itís on CD then Nightblade's Conceal fires keep in mind itís not full-time nor full-speed, if Iím in combat Slip Away puts me in stealth. If I tap it again Elusiveness fires. Elusiveness is needed in Chronicles. The mobs there have much better stealth detection.)

Blink
    #show Shadow Assault
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shadow Stalk
    cast Shadow Blitz
    cast Shadow Assault

(I put Shadow Stalk first because it does not break stealth and puts you in position for the start of your rotation using Jagged Strike with the Stalker Phase and Rift Guard buffs up)

Binds

Put Nightbladeís Lost Hope on a handy key. Itís a ranged CC. Put Assassinís Incapacitate on a key when you need to CC two mobs. I donít macro Expose Weakness. I have the 4pc crystal so I get EW on finishers plus I donít really need it on most fights. Most mobs on EI are 15K and die in just two rotations for me. EW does not really kill them that much faster. I do use it on opener for a high hp mob (30+KHP) or if Iím fighting more than one mob.

I put Annihilate, Impale and Final Blow on binds. I use them in that order in my rotations. Annihilate gives me a nice AP boost which helps with the Leaching Poison heals and DPS, Impale sets up the buff for Final Blow (Physical Trauma) assuming the fight lasts long enough for a 3rd finisher.

ST Rotation
    I open from stealth. If there is more than one mob I would normally CC one or two so I can ST.

Stealth > Blink (Shadow Stalk) > ST Macro to 5CP > Annihilate > ST Macro to 5 CP > Impale > ST Macro to 5 CP Final Blow.

A 15K mob is generally dead before I get to Final Blow but an elite is not and will get the full impact from Final Blowís Physical Trauma buff.

Just like Bloodstalker, I hit the Blink if the buff wears off. If itís a really tough mob, I can Slip Away and use Jagged Strike again to start the highest DPS rotation from the beginning. If I need a top off on my HP at the end of the fight I donít hit a finisher and let the mob die with at least 2 CP to get the Rift Scavenger heals.

AOE
    Stealth > Blink (Shadow Stalk) > AOE Macro to 5CP > Annihilate > AOE Macro to 5 CP > Impale > AOE Macro to 5 CP Final Blow

If I'm taking a lot of damage in an AOE fight, I donít use finishers. I put my CPs on the mob with the least HP, when he dies I get a big heal from Rift Scavenger. Then I target the next mob with the least HP and repeat. I hit finishers only if I donít need the Rift Scavenger heals. I Blink as needed to keep up the buffs.

My old Blade Dancer based build did not go high enough in Assassin to get Poison Mastery. I relied on Rift Scavenger alone to heal me at the end of the fight. That worked well in Stillmoor but it made for some tense moments on EI where the mobs are much healthier and meaner. Often Iíd find my HP below 20% and was glad to have the Rift Scavenger at the end assuming a second mob did not join in and Iíd never get to the RS heal. With Leaching Poison enhanced with Poison Mastery and Poison Potency I get a steady supply of heals during the fight and find I donít need Rift Scavenger as much.

DPS
    The survivability and utility of this build is really good. The DPS is not bad either. I hit the dummy for 1100-1200 in a 4pc Blighted set with the Assassin Crystal. Not bad for a solo spec with lots of mitigation and self-heals. With a perfect rotation and timing it could be better. I donít bother with that when Iím soloing. I just want get to my goal and have fun.

Flexibility
    The build has a room for moving points around. For instance if you find you are over-healing, put fewer points in Boosted Recovery or Poison Mastery/Poison Potency. Or you might find you take less damage by changing Toughened Soul points for Exceptional Resilience or Phantom Blow.

The goal in RS is to spend at least 13 points and get Rift Scavenger for heals and optionally get to 20 points to get Shadow Blitz to have a full 3 blinks to use on tougher fights. You might find you donít need 3 blinks which frees up points to use elsewhere.

The goal with Assassin is to get Slip Away and as many points as you need for heals into Poison Mastery and Poison Potency. You only need 32 points to get to Impale but Impale is useless without the points in Physical Trauma because you are only using Impale to buff Final Blow on tougher fights. Also I would not bother with any skill (including Backstab) that requires you be behind the mob. When you are soloing you are rarely behind a mob. You can be during your opener since you are stealthed but you want to use Jagged Strike from Stealth that's about the only time you will find yourself behind the mob.

If you find you don't use Final Blow often enough switch points from Physical Trauma to Subterfuge and buff your Jagged Strike and build more combo points on your opener instead.

You want at least 8 in Nightblade to get your extra CC (Lost Hope), and 10 to get the Weapon Flare which is your only spam-able AOE attack. The 10 points are well spent as they all buff your DPS.

Hope someone finds this build fun and useful.
    Wolfsbane

Soulwalker

Default Thank You!

Man, Thanks a bunch for this.
    Ember Isle was kicking my *** as mm.
    Tried a Ranger/MM with pet tank and was still eating dirt often.

I now feel 3 lvls higher than the mobs on Ember Isle, lol.

Really, Thanks!
    I appreciate your efforts!

Telaran

I think it would be best to take 1 point off of murderous intent and add it to Enduring brew. Other than that it looks alright

Shadowlander

An extra emergency heal is never a bad thing and that's where I'd take the point from as well. I carry HOT pots with me and use those as needed. The EB might come in handy but I've found if the pot does not save me, I'm in over my head anyway and one more will just prolong the the outcome.
    Wolfsbane

Telaran

how does this compare to dunsparrows solo build?

"
    Solo/PA/AoE grinding spec Inspired by "dunsparrow"
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...IzR0zz.xVdhzzM
    blade dancer synergy crystal

Macros:

CP Builder:
    #show Puncture
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Puncture
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike
    cast expose weakness
    cast reprisal
    cast poison malice

AoE:
    #show rift disturbance
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast phantom blow
    cast shadow blitz
    cast rift disturbance
    cast twin strike
    cast expose weakness
    cast reprisal
    cast poison malice

Blinks:
    #show Shadow Assault
    cast Shadow Assault
    cast Shadow Blitz
    cast Shadow Stalk

Be sure to blink when you can for more damage ,or just use it as a convenient way to move to mobs faster as you kill them. Don't forget about flash of steel. Make sure they have 5 combo points on mobs when they die for the most healing/energy regen. Use deadly strike as your single target finisher. Compound attack is your AOE finisher. If a caster mob is far away from you when you are aoe'ing down a pack of mobs use weapon barrage to silence it and it will come into your aoe.

Buffs include:
    combat preparation - blade dancer 40 dex
    Planebound resiliance - rs 40 end
    baneful touch
    lethal poison
    leeching poisons
    stalker phase"

Shadowlander

I used to use that one and it does work but with this build I have two CCs instead of one (important in the chronicles and with gathering when you are not looking for fight to get to something) and the leaching procs more and at a higher heal level when I am fighting. I could not follow the link however to the exact build Zam loaded a blank setup for me.
    Wolfsbane

Soulwalker

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...huRd0zo.xVb.-5
    i using this one . U have heal and aoe.

Shadowlander

A very valid build. But as I stated my goals where full time stealth, full speed stealth, slip away and the bonus second CC from NB. These goals were central to a build I can use to solo quest and decide when to fight and not to fight while getting from place to place on EI. I can solo major rifts and the chronicles with this build. The second CC from NB is very handy in the chronicles and majors. The build works for lower gear levels as well. With the steady flow of heals from the points in the poisons you can last a long fight without getting nervous waiting for the big heal from RS on the kill.
    Wolfsbane

Shadowlander

I forgot to mention that the Ascended Power: Holy Champion or the replacement: Fury of the Ascended is a must have for taking on invasion forces that pat around the island. Works on rifts and onslaughts as well. With the right points in your PA and all the charges on the island you can spam it. Makes a big difference.
    Wolfsbane

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Secured View Post
    how does this compare to dunsparrows solo build?

"
    Solo/PA/AoE grinding spec Inspired by "dunsparrow"
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...IzR0zz.xVdhzzM
    blade dancer synergy crystal
    This just shows up as a blank spec for me .

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Nodders View Post
    This just shows up as a blank spec for me .
    I think he was referring this build on Dunsparrow's site.
    Wolfsbane

Telaran

Is this build still viable?
    I am using the solo build now from zyzyx but want another build for perma stealth getting in and out of crowded places in PVE

Quote Originally Posted by mythikal View Post
    Is this build still viable?
    I am using the solo build now from zyzyx but want another build for perma stealth getting in and out of crowded places in PVE
    If all you want is permastealth, try this.

Telaran

Im using a 25 sin, 17bd and 24 rs for my solo build. Switching between guardian phase and stalker phase depending on what im fighting. I use the BD crystal and if im in guardian phase and tanking something that hits pretty hard (like the 78K invaders) I use my Insanity Sliver.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...M.VRkhuRzMz.-6

I also use this spec to grind PA in EI not far from Ember Watch. Can easily tank 8 mobs or more with guardian phase. The vortex does good damage too.

Macros:

Blinks (Manditory)
    #show Shadow Blitz
    cast Shadow Blitz
    cast Shadow Assault
    cast Shadow Stalk

AOE:
    #show Rift Disturbance
    cast Reprisal
    cast Phantom Blow
    cast Rift Disturbance
    cast Twin Strike

STTho i rarly use it)
    #show Precision Strike
    cast Reprisal
    cast Phantom Blow
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike

And Compund Attack for finisher.

I also use flash of steel for another closer and root.
    weapon barrage for an interrupt if needed.
    Side Steps if I get into some serious issues.

Soulwalker

Couple of questions from a newb -

1. Does this build give 'permastealth'? I've been trying to figure out what conditions cause this effect, still researching
    2. Is this info still viable? When I click on the build info (either from the OP or the follow on right above this post) it complains that this is old data and may be wrong (error over on Zam at the top).
    3. Are there other viable solo rogue options that feel 'roguely'? IE, not a bard or bombardier =)

+ Reply to Thread