+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Gyle's Advanced Guide to 51 Bladedancer

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    4800 Sic, 3600 murd.

For some weird reason the gap is increasing between BD and BS, so BD will be even more uncompetitive.
    Bd is parsing 100 less on pts than BS for me.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

Shadowlander

Default 1.8 Status?

Since 1.8 is out now. I was wondering how well this build has been preforming compared to other specs in aoe/st/etc. I am mostly looking for a good aoe spec. I just don't like the ramp up time on sab and that is just not my kind of build.

Quote Originally Posted by Miazara View Post
    Since 1.8 is out now. I was wondering how well this build has been preforming compared to other specs in aoe/st/etc. I am mostly looking for a good aoe spec. I just don't like the ramp up time on sab and that is just not my kind of build.

TBH i have not even used my BD role since 1.8. In ID thus far it's a very impractical spec unfortunately. For AoE 51NB/13BD/2RS works extremely well in melee range, and doesn't sacrifice too much ST to get it (use compound for AoE but normal NB finishers for ST). If ranged is preferable, and you don't like Sabo, i think Ranger is probably your best option.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

As gyle says no use for aoe atm from melee. MM or Ranger depends on your setup. Maybe Sab if you are good with it.
    Just Waiting...

Gyle, how is 51 BD compared to the BlinkBlade build, in terms of ST dmg and AoE?

Thanks.
    Dromihete -Warrior - Gelidra

Quote Originally Posted by Cutitarul View Post
    Gyle, how is 51 BD compared to the BlinkBlade build, in terms of ST dmg and AoE?

Thanks.
    51 BD blows blink blade out of the water.
    Just Waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by Cutitarul View Post

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    51 BD blows blink blade out of the water.
    I don't know that i would go quite that far. At HK 4piece level this is absolutely true, there is no comparison. But if you are in Raid T1 gear, or just have your HK 2 piece Blink-Blade should out DPS 51BD. Though to be honest i have not tested this in a long time, and i don't even have the gear anymore to do so, so i might be wrong but i really don't think so. The 4 piece bonus a significant part of what makes 51BD actually worth carrying at all.
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    I don't know that i would go quite that far. At HK 4piece level this is absolutely true, there is no comparison. But if you are in Raid T1 gear, or just have your HK 2 piece Blink-Blade should out DPS 51BD. Though to be honest i have not tested this in a long time, and i don't even have the gear anymore to do so, so i might be wrong but i really don't think so. The 4 piece bonus a significant part of what makes 51BD actually worth carrying at all.
    I was assuming 4 piece, otherwise TBH its most likely a wash and not worth it. Dualism and BoSP are your biggest dps contributors.
    Just Waiting...

Thank you guys.
    It was my bad, I should have said what my gear is, when I asked ( still it is kind of obvios that for 4/4 HK 51 Bladedancer is far better since crystal gives good bonuses). I have only 2 pieces from the HK set, rest is marks of ascenscion set.
    Anyways, I dropped blink blade, and made a soloing spec instead, cause Ill use BS or NB as melee for raiding.
    Last edited by Cutitarul; 04-28-2012 at 11:19 AM.
    Dromihete -Warrior - Gelidra

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    It does. Blink out dpses both NB and BD at rt1 4 piece. Since I have just started raiding on my rogue again (my sig is for cleric) i am still running Blink as my "mixed" encounter spec pending completing my HK 4 piece set. Blink out does both by 100-200 dps actually both ST and AE.
    Last edited by Galibier; 04-29-2012 at 07:09 AM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Hello fellow bladedancer,

I've read Gyle's guides a couple of times and some other threads he has posted about BD and my dps is just aweful and I truely believe I am doing everything (or at least most of it) as it is supposed. It used to be somewhat great pre 1.8 but now compared to other guys in the guild it just sucks - ***/RNG, pure RNG and pure MM, they all outdps me by a lot.

My stats, self buffed, no vial, glyphs or food are:

Dex: 883, AP: 1078, Crit: 1130, Hit: 316. USing 51 BD/ 10 MM/ 5 RS

Having HK 3 pieces BD crystal. Under BoSP doing DS after 4 cp, building with QS-KS-QS-KS. And under duelism finishing at 5 points after KS. Always trying to be under effects of rythmic actions.

On the Elite dummy I can peak 2100+ dps but in raids with all the buffs and stuff I stutter around 1700. Is this normal?
    Last edited by Dierdre; 05-02-2012 at 02:27 PM.

its not normal that you are doing less in raids than the dummy but you should be using 10 sin instead of 10 mm
    Just Waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    its not normal that you are doing less in raids than the dummy but you should be using 10 sin instead of 10 mm
    Agreed, 10 sin. Also you really want to get that 4'th piece of HK gear. You will gain a HUGE amount of DPS from that. If i had to pick a number i would say you are losing at least 500dps ST by not having that 4'th piece. Stats be damned, if you can afford any piece of mark gear at all, use it.
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Soulwalker

Hi all, I agree 10 sin is so better.
    I'm a tank but I really like this BD51 spec and you need to have 4-piece bonus to see it's full power (I've to use a tank piece to have this bonus).
    Even if I'm not over stuff (no relics) I can hit 2k9 on dummy with a buffin bard.

Thanks to Gyle for this guide

Thanx guys. Switched to 10sin, dps hasn't gone up but i'm able to keep a steady 1,9k during all 4 dances.

That drop in dps during the raid was on Zilas, probably due to lots of moving around, switching targets, running for the magi etc. A lot easier fight with the dummy

What amazes me is a fellow rogue with ~130-150 AP and ~150 crit under me, running 32Sin/34RNG is beating me by 300-400 dps and he is not even having a single HK piece. Has anyone tried melee fighting side by side with the raptor?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast