+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Gyle's Advanced Guide to 51 Bladedancer

Quote Originally Posted by Neykho View Post
    I may have overlooked something here, but how come PS isn't used during Dualism?
    You do. Its a typo in the guide.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by Boneloaf View Post
    5k Sicaron is a yes. Aiai and I both get this. I have been at ~5070 twice at the kill. Aiai got over 5100 last week because he has Daggers. Daggers > Swords. We have all been at or over 4100 Murdantix for weeks too.

Kokie would get over 5k on Sicaron too if he didn't get shafted with contracts. Even in our alt raid this week I got 4991 due to movement and who knows the 100% buffs/debuffs that were or weren't in effect.

Relic Sword or Dagger, breaking 5k on Sicaron is not hard if you do not get contracts. I've yet to see a 5k with a contract though.

There is a perfection to the BS rotation, that requires a bit of practice to get down.
    My best at the moment is 4930 with 1 contract, I get 1-3 every week. My current guild also only does about 47k dps which means the boss has to move a lot and more time for mistakes on buffs/debuffs/rotations/more contracts.. also we have a lot of early contract runners who blame the lag (aussies) .. I expect to break 5k if I ever get a 0 contract week and my guild is so far off of min/maxing that encounter, so it really is pretty accessable - also doing this with 250-270ms & no golem inductor.
    Last edited by Knightcrawler; 03-20-2012 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raynald View Post
    Here's a fun tip as well.

Don't forget fos and dancing steel make you immune to cc and move effects. If you go into aky p1 you can just finish with the dance buffing qs ks, swap to basp and hit dancing steel just as the first wave comes in, letting you derp with the warriors.
    haha... does that really work?

Is it the same w\ shadow stalk?
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Quote Originally Posted by Neykho View Post
    I may have overlooked something here, but how come PS isn't used during Dualism?
    Two points:

1. Originally when i typed that, it was intended to just mean hit the QS macro, which will use PS whenever it's up.

2. Actually, you really shouldn't be using PS during Dualism if you can avoid it. PS costs 10 more energy, and does almost the exact same damage as QS. The biggest reason PS is worth the extra 10 energy is because it gives you an extra Combo Point. During Dualism however, you don't need the extra CP, so you are really just wasting 10 energy. If you are fully raid buffed it doesn't really matter, but none the less, technically it should be a DPS increase during Dualism to never use PS at all and only use QS.

Quote Originally Posted by Archemys View Post
    haha... does that really work?

Is it the same w\ shadow stalk?

Yes it really works for Dancing Steel, but Flash of Steel only works if it physically drags you through the wave during the charge. And no Shadow Stalk does nothing.
    Last edited by Gyle; 03-20-2012 at 12:39 PM.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Champion

Is it bad that I nerd raged IRL when we wiped at 30% and I was at 5300 ? :P

Top parse for a kill so far is 4980 on ACT with 1 contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokie View Post
    Is it bad that I nerd raged IRL when we wiped at 30% and I was at 5300 ? :P

Top parse for a kill so far is 4980 on ACT with 1 contract.
    Skelos style?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Knightcrawler View Post
    Skelos style?

Totally bro.

Or the time in the alt run when i had a 5:30 parse with no contracts. But, the pugs were so worried of wiping the raid as soon as they got a contract they would run out. Happened 3-4 times iirc. Finished at like 4850, who knows what I would have been at if they knew what they were doing
    Last edited by Kokie; 03-20-2012 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokie View Post
    Totally bro.

Or the time in the alt run when i had a 5:30 parse with no contracts. But, the pugs were so worried of wiping the raid as soon as they got a contract they would run out. Happened 3-4 times iirc. Finished at like 4850, who knows what I would have been at if they knew what they were doing
    Yea that bugs me, like 5+ contracts each week leave 5 or more seconds early out of fear LOL.

So what kind of numbers can I expect on Murdantix and Sicaron running 51 BD? I have 4 piece HK..

I currently use 49 Nightblade on those fights which does fair dps... i guess. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Meatbone View Post
    So what kind of numbers can I expect on Murdantix and Sicaron running 51 BD? I have 4 piece HK..

I currently use 49 Nightblade on those fights which does fair dps... i guess. Thanks
    BD beats NB on murd. Maybe on Sicaron also but BD already has too much % damage. Worst case its the same.
    Just Waiting...

I sure it can beat NB but Iím looking for some rough numbers here, on both bosses. If multiple people can answer that would be great!

I sure it can beat NB but Iím looking for some rough numbers here, on both bosses. If multiple people can answer that would be great!
    500 less dps than BS.
    Just Waiting...

Highest Sicaron i have had in 51BD is 4700 with no contracts and phenomenal crit RNG. I have never run 51BD on Murdantix and i really cant imagine ever doing so. Between knockbacks and movement you should lose way too much DPS. I have a really hard time believing that 51 BD out DPS's 49NB on Murdantix.

That said, Bloodstalker is the only spec for Murdantix IMO. I can't imagine using anything else.
    Last edited by Gyle; 04-06-2012 at 04:57 PM.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    Highest Sicaron i have had in 51BD is 4700 with no contracts and phenomenal crit RNG. I have never run 51BD on Murdantix and i really cant imagine ever doing so. Between knockbacks and movement you should lose way too much DPS. I have a really hard time believing that 51 BD out DPS's 49NB on Murdantix.

That said, Bloodstalker is the only spec for Murdantix IMO. I can't imagine using anything else.
    Use it for fun sometimes.
    Just Waiting...

4800 Sic, 3600 murd.

For some weird reason the gap is increasing between BD and BS, so BD will be even more uncompetitive.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast