+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Bladedancer : "In your face ,baby " guide !

Default The Bladedancer : "In your face ,baby " guide !

The "in your face" rogue is back , with vengeance !!

Since i can't log on my Main account because this one are banned for 2 weeks , i post the guide under a second account.

Main account are Atheres from Special Olympics , and i probably repost this thread with my true name once my account is free from the bann
    Sorry for my bad english , i'm just a poor french guy who try to give sa little contribution to the Rogue community.

1 : WICH SPEC SHOULD I USE ?
    Two different spec :

Aoe version : 51 BD/ 10 SIN / 5 RS

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....EidAusRRGdz.V

Estimated dps : 3400 DPS st on murdantix like encounter, 8500 DPS on 5 target.

ST version : 51 BD / 10 MM / 5 RS

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....EidAusRRGdz.V

Estimated dps : 3600/3700 dps st on murdantix like encounter, 7800/8000 dps on 5 target

Estimated dps is what people can do with BIS gear , proper rotation and timing. This is not a guarantee !!!

2 : WHY THE BLADEDANCER ?

First of all , this is a spec designed to work with the HK 4 piece crystal , and who performs well at a high level of gear. Do not use this spec without 4 piece hk crystal.

The aoe version can be used for st , but when you reach 1K1 ap in a 0/0/0 spec totally unbuff , MM provide a better STdps.
    But the sin one is still better in AOE (due to SB ticks during BSP and poison in aoe).

In terms of stat , focus AP all the day long. Blade dancer can reach the crit softcap (1187 FULL RAID BUFF)easily (due to 15% dext buff) and the ap scalling are totally crazy in this spec.
    For your information , 100 more ap correspond to approximately 384 more damage on a critical PS/QS without Rythmics.
    During dualism , it correspond to 768 more damage on a QS/PS , and something like 576 more damage during BSP. Yes. Just 100 ap.

In terms of pure damage , the spec performs really well , has an interupt , 2 gap closer who are not link to the rotation and decent aoe capacity ,without gimping your STdps + Decent cleave in ST .

4500 on Sicaron (no contract) , 3600+ on Murdantix. Probably room to improve with a better Rythmics management.

A good thing to do : equip you higher wdps on the Offhand. QS and PS hit with the OH , and represent approximately 57% of your total damage.

3 : ROTATION :

PS : Precision Strike
    QS : Quick Strike
    KS : Keen Strike
    DS : Deadly Strike
    BSP : Blade and soul parity
    DC : Double coup
    BT : Blade Tempo
    Du : Dualism

BD ST ROTATION :

ENGAGE : CHARGE> KS > QS > KS > DS

NORMAL ROTATION (BSP/DC/BT) :

1 -PS > KS > QS > KS > DS

2 -QS > KS > QS > KS > KS > DS

DUALISM ROTATION :

1 -PS > KS > QS > KS > DS

2 -QS > KS > QS > KS > DS

You can use Compound attack if cleave is needed.
    If 1 target : Deadly Strike.
    Superior to one : Compound attack.
    you can macroing PS/QS but don't macro KS.
    This way you never loose a QS/PS DD by smashing your keyboard. Trust me.

RYTHMICS ROTATION :

BSP > DUALISM > DOUBLE COUP > BLADE TEMPO UNTILL BSP IS UP AND REPEAT.

It's better to begin with BSP. In theory , Dualism should provide higher dps , but you need to reach 20 stack with crystal (proc only on critical ability).
    So BSP first , to reach the 20 stack as fast as possible. This way , your dualism provide more dps, because you use it for the full duration at 20 stacks.

One more thing for the rythmics. Don't use it immediately when cooldown is avaible , but wait for the perfect moment.
    A quick exemple.
    BSP end when you have 3 combo point on target (QS>KS>QS)and no longer deadly dance buff. Instead of launching Dualism now , wait for your next rotation , and launch Dualism just after your Deadly strike. You gain 3sec , since Dualism works only on QS/PS.
    You need to think before act in bd spec.

For the AOE rotation :

Spamm twin strike , use Compound attack as a 5cp finisher. For the rythmics : begin with BSP , once there is 1 sec left on BSP , launch Dancing steel. This way , you have BSP buff up on the entire duration of dancing steel.(yeah , 6 s more of BSP !!)
    Use Double coup in second place for the rythmics rotation , and Blade tempo in last position.

This is a first Post , more come this week end (Stat value for BD , BIS list , addon etc.....)

Enjoy , and feel free to comment and provide your feedback !

Ascendant

I gotta admit I've been guilty of underestimating Dancing Steel's AoE power.

Timing it to fire right at the very end of Blade and Soul Parity is very effective when AoEing - as you say you effectively extend BaSP by an extra 6 seconds. Even better it's guarenteed to triple-stack Serrated Blades on everything nearby with 10 or 15 Assassin.
    Last edited by Kedon; 02-02-2012 at 10:01 AM.

Do you never use dauntless strike? 5% crit for entire raid. Is it a dps loss?

Ascendant

Raids usually are gonna have a Bard and Dauntless Strike doesn't stack with Motif of Focus so no point. I use it in 5 mans when the current pack is about to be polished off anyway. But that's kinda it for me.
    Last edited by Kedon; 02-02-2012 at 10:59 AM.

For the sin spec, is 2/2 Murderous Intent a dps upgrade over 1/2 and Puncture? Or are you simplifying the rotation? I'm not trusting my own testing because I tested when EW was bugged and I won't have time to test before Raid tonight.

I choose the 2/2 on murderous because sin subspec is (for me at least) a aoe centering spec.
    You have more benefits in aoe with 2% damage instead of puncture.

For my guide :
    Forgot to add some tips on sin variant.
    You can maccro EW with your keen strike , and your finisher (deadly strike and compound attack)

the difference in single target dps between 2/2 murderous intent and puncture is minimal. Especially because puncture is never use with a deadly dance proc, and in addition it doesn't benefit from new armor reduction talent .
    Add to that the fact that you have a much easier rotation and you're done.
    Last edited by Raylie; 02-02-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Soulwalker

question for yah.. do you have your rotation macro'd?

thanks

No macro .

For MM subspec :

4 different bind for Rythmics.
    1 bind for QS
    1 bind for KS
    1 bind for PS
    1 bind for kick
    1 bind for charge.

You can add EW bind for sin version

the addon Karrulalert is a must have with a bladedancer build , especially to have a look at your rythmics.

As far as i know , if you're a macro addict , who love play with 2 button , don't use this build.
    After a lot of test , dps without any maccro is improved by something like 300/400 on dummy .
    More to come this week (parse on dummy with screenshot this week end, parse on HK after the next lockout with screenshot.)

Rift Disciple

why is noone using

loadequip 1
    cast keenstrike

and

loadequip 2
    cast precision strike/quick
    macro ?
    Gnarde 5/9
    Frostbringnaa 5/9

Quote Originally Posted by gnaa View Post
    why is noone using

loadequip 1
    cast keenstrike

and

loadequip 2
    cast precision strike/quick
    macro ?
    Swapping weapon resets auto attack timer and generates macro lag

(Gear)

Awesome looking thread dude, The numbers you state look like they are close on st to asstalker too. I assume that you can simplify a little with just the aoe finisher with only a small impact to dps on pure st encounters? I noticed some people saying 49 BD / 17 SIN was higher dps, have you looked at this? I primarily play 51 MM but want a viable melee build, even with the new role I still have limited space , I am not keen on asstalker, but i find the pre 1.7 NB to be easy use.

What are peoples thoughts on the melee spec to go for if you only have one role?
    Last edited by Barbel; 02-03-2012 at 03:48 AM.

the difference between 49BD/17 sin and 51BD /10SIN / 5RS is

17 sin :

10% damage and 20% more critical damage

or :

10 sin / 5RS

24% more ap contribution on QS/PS , BSP (36 second +50% crit / +50% critical damage.) , 15% more ap.

In ratio : bsp : 36 second + 50% crit/crit damage with 105 s cooldown equal to 17% crit /crit damage all the time.

Difference between Magnify pain and BSP :

-3% critical damage / + 17% crit

So for me , BSP is better than Magnify pain.

+ 10% damage from cruel vengeance is not so good , especially because you have a huge ap scalling in bd due to Contra tempo. So 24% ap contribution on your 2 hardest hitting ability (more than 50% of your total damage output) and 15% more ap beat +10% damage.

49BD/17 sin is (in my opinion) less efficient than 51BD.

Quote Originally Posted by Raylie View Post
    the difference between 49BD/17 sin and 51BD /10SIN / 5RS is

17 sin :

10% damage and 20% more critical damage

or :

10 sin / 5RS

24% more ap contribution on QS/PS , BSP (36 second +50% crit / +50% critical damage.) , 15% more ap.

In ratio : bsp : 36 second + 50% crit/crit damage with 105 s cooldown equal to 17% crit /crit damage all the time.

Difference between Magnify pain and BSP :

-3% critical damage / + 17% crit

So for me , BSP is better than Magnify pain.

+ 10% damage from cruel vengeance is not so good , especially because you have a huge ap scalling in bd due to Contra tempo. So 24% ap contribution on your 2 hardest hitting ability (more than 50% of your total damage output) and 15% more ap beat +10% damage.

49BD/17 sin is (in my opinion) less efficient than 51BD.
    Have you tried 15sin? I've found it parses exactly the same, or are you going off theorycraft?
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

It depends entierely of your base AP in a 0/0/0 spec.
    But in the end 10% more damage don't scale extremely well (and this is even more pronounced in raid envirronement), due to deadly dance (and in a less mesure Blade flurry and rythmics)
    Last edited by Raylie; 02-03-2012 at 07:11 AM.

used the spec some in HK, some helpful tips people might like. matron, use bsp right at the start and it will be back up before you get your first set of swarm adds and you can use it with dancing steel to lol aoe dps them. overall better than MM with an interupt so it will replace any fight you were using MM on for interupts granted you can be in melee. for Akylios, you CAN use flash of steel on akylios without falling off the edge, i did not try it on a lasher if anybody else did that would be good info. very good akylios spec was not very hard to manage at all and did great dps.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast