Closed Thread
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Zyzyx's Rogue Bible

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    I've never had this issue either. I would guess that you did not specify it to check for your impale and instead it was just checking all impales on the target.

I'm still trying to find a good way to track heat retention stacks in NB build. The two different buffs with same name really mess it up.
    This would be my guess also. I've been using karuul for over a month now and I've never known the timers to be inaccurate

(Gear)

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    I've never had this issue either. I would guess that you did not specify it to check for your impale and instead it was just checking all impales on the target.

I'm still trying to find a good way to track heat retention stacks in NB build. The two different buffs with same name really mess it up.
    That's probably what i was doing, i didn't even think of that.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Thanks. Been away from Rift for a long time so was clueless.
    Will be making good use of this.

Fro
    Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Caeldan View Post
    I realize it doesn't quite matter unless you're at cutting edge - but how do the dps specs compare pre-HK?

Like if you were still in a smaller guild that hasn't made it quite to HK yet - that's the one gap I think I see in the guide. It has very end game, and it has levelling - but doesn't really touch on the middle.

I am definitely going to review my own rotations and specs to see what I can tweak though to improve.
    This.

I'd like to know how well these builds perform comparatively.
    Any information on the top DPS spec(s) w/4pc T1 crystal/HK 2pc, as well as the top builds once you hit HK 4pc would be greatly appreciated.

I just hit 4pc Raid1 set bonus, and have so far tried out the 51mm/14rng/1rs and 32sin/20rift/14mm builds.

With the respective synergy crystals, it seems like sin is slightly higher in single target DPS, while the MM spec provides massively better AoE and utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    This.

I'd like to know how well these builds perform comparatively.
    Any information on the top DPS spec(s) w/4pc T1 crystal/HK 2pc, as well as the top builds once you hit HK 4pc would be greatly appreciated.

I just hit 4pc Raid1 set bonus, and have so far tried out the 51mm/14rng/1rs and 32sin/20rift/14mm builds.

With the respective synergy crystals, it seems like sin is slightly higher in single target DPS, while the MM spec provides massively better AoE and utility.
    In raid T1 gear you want to be running MM for ranged. I advocate the 13NB build, which would then use the MM crystal, but a lot of people will tell you to run 15 rng and use the ranger crystal. They are probably right, the ranger crystal is probably the most DPS.

As for melee, in T1 gear Blink-Blade with the BD crystal is better than Bloodstalker. They do almost the exact same DPS ST in T1 gear, but Blink Blade has more survivability, infinite gap closers and the highest AoE of any melee spec we have.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    In raid T1 gear you want to be running MM for ranged. I advocate the 13NB build, which would then use the MM crystal, but a lot of people will tell you to run 15 rng and use the ranger crystal. They are probably right, the ranger crystal is probably the most DPS.

As for melee, in T1 gear Blink-Blade with the BD crystal is better than Bloodstalker. They do almost the exact same DPS ST in T1 gear, but Blink Blade has more survivability, infinite gap closers and the highest AoE of any melee spec we have.
    I've done some testing and I think I'll replace the 15 assasin spec with your nb one. Now that I can edit this guide I will do my best to keep it up to date. Please feel free to post suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Now that I can edit this guide I will do my best to keep it up to date.
    Has this guide been submitted to become a sticky? Its been long since Ray's guide became the "go-to-guide" for new rogues. Please help push this guide to be a sticky

Nevermind...
    Last edited by Enaki; 01-13-2012 at 07:29 PM.
    Telarans on class balance: Rock is overpowered. Paper is fine. - Scissors

Shadowlander

Default Mm/nb/rs

Gyle/Zyxyx,

Is there a thread or info on the MM/NB spec that you speak about? (macros, build, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cossack View Post
    Gyle/Zyxyx,

Is there a thread or info on the MM/NB spec that you speak about? (macros, build, etc.)
    refer to the new and improved section 1.4.2 marksman/nightblade

the build previously in this spot has been sent to section 1.9 purgatory

Shadowlander

Default Mm/nb/rs

Great...Thanks Zyzyx!

Ohh...another question. Would this spec still be "about equal" if you factor in the Greater Essense PREDATORY SOULSTONE (Shadow Fire grants +100 AP) and you plug in some Lesser with static stats on it?

Shadowlander

Great...Thanks Zyzyx!

Ohh...another question. Would this spec still be "about equal" if you factor in the Greater Essense PREDATORY SOULSTONE (Shadow Fire grants +100 AP) and you plug in some Lesser with static stats on it?

^^ Assuming MM/Ran vs. MM/NB/RS and you plug in a Lesser with static stats on it?

Great...Thanks Zyzyx!

No, this and the mm/sin spec are both 150-250 dps behind mm/ranger.

I prefer the mm/nb over mm/sin because it has more than a 20m range and it swaps targets easier(by not relying on expose weakness) . Also I think it does a little more aoe dps.

I have 7 separate source machines. Yes that means I have one with predatory source stone in it and a separate one with BiS lessers.

1 - BiS AP lesser Essences
    2 - BiS AP lessers with predatory sourcestone
    3 - bard source machine
    4 - tank source machine
    5 - Full water resistance source machine
    6 - Crit source machine - soon to be replaced with fire resistance I think.
    7 - PvP source machine with close to 250 valor on it
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 01-14-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    refer to the new and improved section 1.4.2 marksman/nightblade

the build previously in this spot has been sent to section 1.9 purgatory
    2 Observations on the MM Macros

#1 Don't see the point in having Emp Shot at the end of the finishers. You can double tap for it but if you triple tap you screwed yourself. Also, with the 2-3sec lag we've been having in Wolfbane lately I prefer to spam the finisher until I see it going off but that will probably also shoot an Emp shot with that macro. But this is personal pref.

#2 Because of the Buff duration/CD of SF, its better to put Lightning Fury before Shadow Fire on the spam macro. If they are both up, you have time to use LF and start its CD + refresh SF w/o SF dropping. Or like you said "Don't be lazy and do it manually!"

That said; this is the most accurate, most complete guide I've seen in this forums. Why is it not a sticky?

Quote Originally Posted by Gynxz View Post
    2 Observations on the MM Macros

#1 Don't see the point in having Emp Shot at the end of the finishers. You can double tap for it but if you triple tap you screwed yourself. Also, with the 2-3sec lag we've been having in Wolfbane lately I prefer to spam the finisher until I see it going off but that will probably also shoot an Emp shot with that macro. But this is personal pref.

#2 Because of the Buff duration/CD of SF, its better to put Lightning Fury before Shadow Fire on the spam macro. If they are both up, you have time to use LF and start its CD + refresh SF w/o SF dropping. Or like you said "Don't be lazy and do it manually!"

That said; this is the most accurate, most complete guide I've seen in this forums. Why is it not a sticky?
    It is in the Rogue guide list that is stickied. They have some weird rules on stickying individual posts.
    I understand it, could start bias issues. If you look in the sticky though it is in the listing.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast