+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 223
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Hoko's Blink'blade/Shadowdancer guide for 1.5

  1. #1
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default Hoko's Blink'blade/Shadowdancer guide for 1.5

    Due to all the nerfs/changes I am making a new thread with this guide with all the aoe macros rotations, original macros have also changed so ignore the old discussion threads. I also do not care what you call this spec, nor do I care who came up with it first, I am posting the guide because that is what I do.

    Spec: 27sin/20rs/19bd Defaults at 2/3 combat efficiency, can drop to 1/3 if you like to spam tablets, but imo 3% dex is worth the money you save by not using tablets.

    Macros:
    Hoko Button™
    #show Backstab
    cast Backstab
    cast Puncture
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike
    cast Expose Weakness
    cast Blade Tempo
    cast Poison Malice

    Blink Macro (note it changed due to the first 2 blinks giving 2cps)
    #show Shadow Assault
    cast Shadow Assault
    cast Shadow Blitz
    cast Shadow Stalk

    AoE Macro
    #show Rift Disturbance
    cast Shadow Blitz
    cast Rift Disturbance
    cast Twin Strike
    (rift disturbance may be a dps loss now that it does not add a cp, but it by itself hits harder than twin strike so I left it in macro for now, take it off if it becomes a dps loss, also it hits more targets than twin strike, so up to your personal preference here)

    Hotkeys: Deadly Strike, Flash of Steel, Shadow Shift, Weapon Barrage

    Rotation: keep shadow buffs up, spam hoko button to deadly dance as usual, getting 2cps will be confusing, but im sure a new optimum rotation will arise, if not, who cares, ignore the extra cp and play as normal (what i do anyways as going from 4-6cps is rarely a dps loss). May keep keen strike on bar to use at 4cps tho, probably a dps gain in most situations. I like to start fight with shadow shift>flash of steel, jumping forward 35m in 1 second is very cool! AoE rotation is simple, spam aoe button and deadly strike, keep up shadow assault but ignore shadow stalk, having 5 seconds of no buff is fine, since you want to shadow blitz off cooldown anyways.

    Imo this build will be the winner for most movement fights, especially those with any adds at all since it has good aoe and very high single target. use the t1 BD crystal for this one and don't worry about getting the hk crystal.

    Credits go to Potis, Igenous and anyone else who helped make this build what it is today.
    Last edited by Hokonoso; 11-18-2011 at 06:59 AM.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  2. #2
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Still applying Annihilation buff? Not reading it in ur guide. Thought i'd ask.

  3. #3
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absent View Post
    Still applying Annihilation buff? Not reading it in ur guide. Thought i'd ask.
    yes still applying it, forgot it in this guide, thanks for bringing it up.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default howdy hoko nice spec

    I was wanting to use this spec hoko. I was looking at the skills and began to copy and past stuff. I noticed with your current set up, thier is no flash of steel. Am I incorrect? Anyways this spec looks tight as ****. Not sure if the link above was suposed to have it or not. If ya get some time id sure like to know if you intended it to be in thier =)


    Thank you

    Fresku

    p.s thx for all the hard work.

  5. #5
    Champion Coffande's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    555

    Default

    Talked about it in another thread.

    Don't u think 34sin/20rs/10mm+2 is better?
    Not sure about the last two points. Slip Away, Armor pen, poison potency, etc.

    Edit: What the heck, u alrdy made another guide, lol.
    Last edited by Coffande; 09-28-2011 at 06:08 AM.

  6. #6
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    39

    Default

    I'm having serious doubts between the blinkblade or the bleedblink spec u posted..
    I like both, but need to make choices which will be best raidbased with t1 crystal, saved up for one or the other.. Big uptime of EW or 230ish AP from bd. Which u reckon will beat the other in raidcontent on bossfights.. purely thinking about ST-damage here.

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser Drathmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coffande View Post
    Talked about it in another thread.

    Don't u think 34sin/20rs/10mm+2 is better?
    Not sure about the last two points. Slip Away, Armor pen, poison potency, etc.
    It will be better on single target fights...

    And even then, much harder rotation so more likely to mess up so more likely to actually come out less in a real raid situation.

    On any fight with AoE the shadowdancer comes ahead.

  8. #8
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coffande View Post
    Talked about it in another thread.

    Don't u think 34sin/20rs/10mm+2 is better?
    Not sure about the last two points. Slip Away, Armor pen, poison potency, etc.
    I'm convinced 32/20/14 will beat 36 version though. 20% armor penetration seems something u shouldn't neglect imo.

  9. #9
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fresku View Post
    I was wanting to use this spec hoko. I was looking at the skills and began to copy and past stuff. I noticed with your current set up, thier is no flash of steel. Am I incorrect? Anyways this spec looks tight as ****. Not sure if the link above was suposed to have it or not. If ya get some time id sure like to know if you intended it to be in thier =)
    Or if you actually looked at the PTS Flash of Steel becomes a root ability in the BD tree at 14? pts
    Xypher - Level 50 - P8 - Rogue
    <Dominance> - Faemist

  10. #10
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drathmar View Post
    It will be better on single target fights...

    And even then, much harder rotation so more likely to mess up so more likely to actually come out less in a real raid situation.

    On any fight with AoE the shadowdancer comes ahead.
    The rotation might be harder then the average spec out there, but after some running about with it, I don't particular find it harder to use.. Even on moving fights u'd still have impale running which beats instant damage u can't use if needed to dodge something.

    I just can't decide, like'm both.. like a kid in a toystore.

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default

    ahh cool. My bad neglected to look at patch notes..

    Thx~

  12. #12
    Rift Chaser Drathmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absent View Post
    The rotation might be harder then the average spec out there, but after some running about with it, I don't particular find it harder to use.. Even on moving fights u'd still have impale running which beats instant damage u can't use if needed to dodge something.

    I just can't decide, like'm both.. like a kid in a toystore.
    Oh I agree, this one is very good ST once you get use to the rotation, however... it's less viable on most fights compared to blink blade due to a lot needing AoE.

    However even with that I am torn between which one to run. Either way they should both be better than sabdancer on any fight that requires target switching as well.... hell on any fight requiring target switching almost any spec will be better than sabdancer now. Woot for more instant damage.

  13. #13
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drathmar View Post
    Oh I agree, this one is very good ST once you get use to the rotation, however... it's less viable on most fights compared to blink blade due to a lot needing AoE.

    However even with that I am torn between which one to run. Either way they should both be better than sabdancer on any fight that requires target switching as well.... hell on any fight requiring target switching almost any spec will be better than sabdancer now. Woot for more instant damage.
    On swapping targets the bleed spec would lose hard.. Another good thing about shadowdancer = instant damage when swapping and the dps buff applying to urself, not ur target.

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple Voldor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    155

    Default

    i though you weren't gonna post more specs here cuz Trion nefs them... or whatever

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser Drathmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Nevermind they have stalker phase listed twice.
    Last edited by Drathmar; 09-28-2011 at 07:48 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts