NB Finisher
    #show Scourge of Darkness
    cast Scourge of Darkness
    cast Blazing Strike

AoE madness
    #show Fiery Chains
    cast Fiery Chains
    cast Weapon Flare

*note only add expose weakness if you are actively using a tablet, otherwise leave it out as it will be a dps loss since you will get less blazing strikes off which is most of your dps.

Notable Binds: Fiery Spike, Dusk to Dawn, Twilight Shelter, Twilight Transcendence.

Buffs: Hellfire Blades, Smoldering/virulent (virulent will only be a dps gain with poison malice and short fights, long fights and aoe you want smoldering), use lethal if no other rogue is providing it.

Rotation is the normal NB rotation with the addition of Dusk to Dawn and some simplifications to help keep fiery spike up.

opener is easy: Dark Malady>Dusk to Dawn>Scourge of Darkness>Fiery Spike>Ebon Fury macro spam.
    maintain: Spam button and finisher> with fervor and 0 lag it is possible to get off a blazing strike after a scourge and not lose fiery spike, if lagging a little, simply use your next blazing strike at 4cps instead of 5 to keep fiery spike up. Due to timing, scourge and dtd will most likely fall at the same time, when this happens, use dtd and then fiery spike to cancel it since it is most likely be dropping soon. Thus the only time you should use fiery spike is after a dtd, and only if your timing is such that you need to (may not be the case).

aoe is even easier: spam aoe button, spam finisher button, toss a fiery spike while running in so main target has it running. fiery chains makes it easier to keep fiery spike up with a 5cp blazing since it has 50% chance to add a cp to every target it hits.
    Last edited by Hokonoso; 11-16-2011 at 07:45 PM.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Oh and before anyone throws out any stupid names. I call this the Nightblade build. If you want to call it something else, be my guess, but after tons of testing, this is the best I could push out with nightblade as a main soul using old 1.1 cookie cutter methods.
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

I assume this build relies on the HK synergy crystal, how will it stack up using no crystal or using the 4pc T1 crystal?

also, what is the average DPS in full T3 gear? (average) compared to sabdancer.
    Last edited by Temko Firewing; 09-28-2011 at 04:47 AM.

"We are the Red Order within the immortal Chaos. We are Shadowblade."

Rift Disciple

Thanks Hoko, you the man.
    I wanted to ask, is your Hoko 2.0 spec still useful after todays patch, or scrap it?

Thnks as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Temko Firewing View Post
    I assume this build relies on the HK synergy crystal, how will it stack up using no crystal or using the 4pc T1 crystal?

also, what is the average DPS in full T3 gear? (average) compared to sabdancer.
    spec works without any crystal and gets a nice boost with just the t1 crystal (about 10%). will not be posting any parses on these forums, test it yourself :P

Quote Originally Posted by wsgroves View Post
    Thanks Hoko, you the man.
    I wanted to ask, is your Hoko 2.0 spec still useful after todays patch, or scrap it?

Thnks as usual.
    New hoko spec guide incoming shortly.

will give this a try as my offhand is still a 34 dps weapon only and this build doesnt use precision or quick strike at all.

btw does this beat heavy MM builds and sabdancer?
    Last edited by Yoma; 09-28-2011 at 05:05 AM.

Thanks Hoko , i will try this later , tho i hate relying on fiery spike again -____-

Quote Originally Posted by Yoma View Post
    will give this a try as my offhand is still a 34 dps weapon only and this build doesnt use precision or quick strike at all.

btw does this beat heavy MM builds and sabdancer?
    i can get it to beat sabdancer, unsure where MM stands now that it was nerfed, assume that it will tho since nerfs are generally bad. t1 crystal minimum tho to take this seriously.

Qia

I call this the Hoko 5.0 build.
    Ip

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    i can get it to beat sabdancer, unsure where MM stands now that it was nerfed, assume that it will tho since nerfs are generally bad. t1 crystal minimum tho to take this seriously.
    MM wasn't nerfed mang. It's pretty comparable to this but has an easier rotation since you don't have to mess with monitoring buffs on yourself and debuffs on the mob. I am partial to NB though, and my variant is 38 NB / 18 Sin / 10 MM, because I don't think wasting points in Sin is worth Baneful. Could be wrong though.

Banned

I do like 250-300 less dps then the MM build. Even the Ebon spam doesnt come close.
    Last edited by Vindicit; 09-28-2011 at 05:24 AM.

I don't give a damn, I'm gonna play MM in pve, enough of all this min/max nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I don't give a damn, I'm gonna play MM in pve, enough of all this min/max nonsense.
    Then why are you wasting your time responding to this thread?

He just makes these to help the general rogue community out

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    MM wasn't nerfed mang. It's pretty comparable to this but has an easier rotation since you don't have to mess with monitoring buffs on yourself and debuffs on the mob. I am partial to NB though, and my variant is 38 NB / 18 Sin / 10 MM, because I don't think wasting points in Sin is worth Baneful. Could be wrong though.
    baneful is only 1 pt away, backstab is a HUGE dps boost, so that is why i went 20sin.

mm was nerfed, they just didnt put it on PTS so it was untested. read todays notes and you will see it. EM took a huge hit with 1s igcd.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Well the electrified nerf probably hurt a bit, since you will lose 1 electrified proc after every shadow fire and deadeye shot (probably just use hasted shot if you have crystal or head shot if you don't instead now).

51mm or 34rng/32mm is probably our highest ranged DSP spec still (14-16% of damage from pet in latter spec o.o)
    Last edited by Drathmar; 09-28-2011 at 05:44 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast