+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Primalist Q&A and compendium

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by ThreadSafe View Post
    Again, if you have chlorochon, 5% of it's dps doesnt matter. Also 5% of meatchon dps is equal to ~3% dps of single healthy dd, so single riftblade or shaman will negate this.

That's true about GCD cap, but it's still wrong. Any spec with "No GCD" spells or high network latency can turn this to pure profit. Also you have more mobility because of faster cast times. Pyromancer have 1sec GCD and is top mage dps currently in the game. Warlock is also high dps and have huge potential to use this buff.
    How many auto attack delay riftblade already have ? ah yes, 75%, what's 3% more ? nothing it's less than 4% more attack speed. Eiter you're bad at math, or plain stupid, i'm going with both.

More mobility ? which fight require mobility to be able to cast while dodging ? ah none, you either run 5sec without stopping or don't run at all for 3min, so more cast speed don't matter at all. Seems like you don't even know BoS fights that much. Also pyro isn't top mage dps, it's harbinger, but again you don't know what you're talking about as always.
    Even with 450ms you don't feel a 3% cast time difference so who care about latency issue ? server lag are much more an issue than bad internet nowadays.

You have 10 mystic guides instead of making one. I don't want to search them all for one simple answer. Still don't see answer for any of my questions... Ah, OK. You have it hidden in second post. Well done. Please change title to "Mystic questions" or "Support spec questions", but not "Spec questions". It's impossible to find this info. You forcing people to read ALL your The same guides to find this one topic. All of your support guides doesn't have any details. Post link to details in each of your mystic guides to this answer. You make people's lives hell by forcing them to read all this, instead of doing everything neatly.
    As seeing your """guides""" i understand why you are too lazy too look for informations. People want fast guides to learn specs not be bothered with details that don't matter. If they want more in depth intel then they ask on forum so everyone can see them, and they don't harrass the guide writer in private with 7 message a day saying their guides aren't good enough.

At least i'm giving others specs that i found works to help everyone playing the class they like, like shas did but you seems to be just an arrogant brat who get jealous of every thing and everyone stronger than you (so all rift players actually).

Maybe learn a bit more about the game and stop focusing on soloing EoA bosses. or maybe you can't do anything else with your poor gameplay and dps ? Being with you on some dungeon, you even got kick of last EoA boss because you didn't deal dps at all as primalist, poor you, it's the easiest fight.

it's always the little dogs that bark the most.
    Last edited by Hokhmah; 03-04-2021 at 08:14 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hokhmah View Post
    How many auto attack delay riftblade already have ? ah yes, 75%, what's 3% more ? nothing it's less than 4% more attack speed. Eiter you're bad at math, or plain stupid, i'm going with both.
    No, i just don't play riftblade because i''m mostly mage/primalist. Have no idea about riftblade damage. It's you who know everything.
    Last edited by ThreadSafe; 03-04-2021 at 08:28 AM.

Rift Disciple

Even with 450ms you don't feel a 3% cast time difference so who care about latency issue ?
    Not 3% but 9% on paper but something around 15-20% because of some spec talents.
    Last edited by ThreadSafe; 03-04-2021 at 08:57 AM.

Rift Disciple

People want fast guides to learn specs not be bothered with details that don't matter. If they want more in depth intel then they ask on forum so everyone can see them, and they don't harrass the guide writer in private with 7 message a day saying their guides aren't good enough.
    Where i say your guide bad? I even liked most of them. I know most of the info in your guides and want just some specials that i cant find fast enough, that's why "People want fast guides". (sorry for multiple posts, it is really boring to copy/paste all this each time, dont know better way)
    Also pyro isn't top mage dps, it's harbinger
    This is wrong. At least there is no proofs of this for 6 month's. Any proof you have was compromised. There is also clear math which points that pyro is currently top. And yes, you probably think that pyro is bad because you think pyro doesn't need mobility in BoS. There is also possibility that warlock can beat Harb in Titan fight because of high burst damage, especially if archon cd's used at second half of fight around warlock cd's and warlock can handle most of Mystic's proc's.
    it's always the little dogs that bark the most.
    poor you, it's the easiest fight.
    Eiter you're bad at math, or plain stupid, i'm going with both.
    or maybe you can't do anything else with your poor gameplay and dps ?
    "Thanks" for this anyway.
    It looks like your ego was compromised by my posts. Is it true that all your raid members go personal when wrong? Pls dont follow Shas's pattern.
    Last edited by ThreadSafe; 03-04-2021 at 01:26 PM.

Rift Chaser

This is wrong. At least there is no proofs of this for 6 month's. Any proof you have was compromised. There is also clear math which points that pyro is currently top. And yes, you probably think that pyro is bad because you think pyro doesn't need mobility in BoS.
    Show me your "clear math" then. Top 1 mage dps on Azranel is harb. And it was done less than 2 month ago. Isn't 2 month a proof that happened less than 6 months ago , where you wrong again ?

Why don't you create a Prancing turtle account, and log your BoS to prove yourself ? You always claim **** without back up to your words. Go and show people what you can do outside of EoA.

Also this is a Primalist Q&A, go speak about mage somewhere else.
    Last edited by Hokhmah; 03-04-2021 at 09:17 AM.

Rift Disciple

Also this is a Primalist Q&A, go speak about mage somewhere else.
    Pyro mage is related to mystic. And yes it's better to discuss it in "Mystic" guide but not in primalist Q&A. You started this discussion here but doesnt want to make separate "Mystic" thread for no reason. People who trying to play Mystic Support doesn't really want to learn ALL primalist specs.
    Last edited by ThreadSafe; 03-04-2021 at 09:31 AM.

Plane Walker

You have 10 mystic guides instead of making one. I don't want to search them all for one simple answer. Still don't see answer for any of my questions... Ah, OK. You have it hidden in second post. Well done. Please change title to "Mystic questions" or "Support spec questions", but not "Spec questions". It's impossible to find this info. You forcing people to read ALL your The same guides to find this one topic. All of your support guides doesn't have any details. Post link to details in each of your mystic guides to this answer. You make people's lives hell by forcing them to read all this, instead of doing everything neatly.
    If you're that upset maybe you should make your own guides or learn yourself. There's no reason for you to behave this way to someone who spent their own time theory crafting and learning. Hookmah didn't have to make any guides. But he decided to, to help the community. If you don't like the way he writes guides, don't read them, don't use them. And for the record, myself and many others never had an issue with any of his guides. They're all pretty simple. The reason why he makes them this way is because the quality of raiders has dropped significantly. People aren't willing to do things that were common practice before 4.0. Hitting adummy and practicing was extremely common. But now most people can't be bothered to practice their spec on a dummy, they insist on practicing in raid and wasting other people's time. You don't need to be in a raid to learn the raid. Hookmah could have created guides like the one Cil made for chloro chon, meta chon and frostkeeper. But I know a lot of people can't follow the guide at all. So again if you're this upset, and have this much criticism for something someone did for free only to help others, and most people have not had any issues with these guides, you should make your own guides and learn yourself.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    If you're that upset maybe you should make your own guides or learn yourself.
    I think he will do this better way. Primalist is Hokhmah's signature but not mine. Also why even write guides? Let people just learn themselves (->SARCASM<-).
    But he decided to, to help the community.
    I like he did.
    People aren't willing to do things that were common practice before 4.0.
    That's the real reason, but it doesn't deny small "Specials for tryhards" section in the end, or at least link to it. You can spoiler it in single line.
    So again if you're this upset, and have this much criticism for something someone did for free only to help others, and most people have not had any issues with these guides, you should make your own guides and learn yourself.
    I'm really sorry if my criticism is harmful for someone. You free to decide to accept it or not. I have no time for primalist research, someone done it before me. Someone also can read my posts and make own decisions. It's better than no info.
    He also can just edit existing ones with small adjustments instead of making new one. If you don't want separate Mystic guide, just copy-paste your specials to each "pseudo" guide or just make link to it there. There is too much pseudo's and no summary, that is the problem.
    Last edited by ThreadSafe; 03-04-2021 at 10:26 AM.

Rift Chaser

Ill throw one critique, that I really hope gets fixed.

In the ranged DPS spec google doc, the youtube link is set to private. Cant watch to see if there are things to improve

Quote Originally Posted by Dkjester View Post

In the ranged DPS spec google doc, the youtube link is set to private. Cant watch to see if there are things to improve
    Must be Musclpig's Quack you mean. He stopped a long while ago.

Luckily, HotPot builds on the same principals:

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...5-hot-pot.html

Quack has Scald hardcasts and Beacon of the Drake (some aoe once a min), HotPot has instant Scalds and more passive boni (st only)
    St damage is very much on par with Quack

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post5397089
    While getting used to Prima: Here is a rotation that has one ever repeating 8sec block.
    It requires very little practise while getting familliar with the whole FuryBlast circus.
    Last edited by Shas; 04-06-2021 at 10:56 PM.
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Dkjester View Post

I did a quick 3min rotation so you can see how it look like on a Dummy.

https://youtu.be/lkcJODqN_2Q

You have multiple ways to do the rotation on this spec :

The easiest one is : Spam until 80 fury - SS - FB - Spam until 80 fury - SS - MW
    (Refresh Scald before MW when there is about 10sec left or every 2 rotation)

The other ones are kinda similar depending on what feel the best for you :

#1 (easier of the 2) : Spam until 80 fury - SS - FB - Spam to 40 fury - MW - Spam to 20 cuning - SS
    (like previous one, Scald every 2 rotation or when timer reach about 10sec left on the debuff instead of the last SS)

#2 : Spam until 80 fury - SS - FB - Spam to 40 fury - SS - MW - Spam to 80 fury - SS - FB - Spam to 40 fury - MW - Spam to 20 cunning - Scald
    (Here you are doing 2 sliglty different molten wave approach, one boost MW dot with SS and the other time you skip the boost to refresh Scald)

Try to use Drake beacon only if you have a Procced SS and Rage of the Beast up, it'll deal huge amount of damage and it's worth loosing MW stacks for no matter when those conditions are fulfilled.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2