Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Hokhmah
  • 1 Post By Skiye
  • 1 Post By Shas

Thread: [4.5] The pseudo healer

Plane Touched

Default [4.5] The pseudo healer

Hello everyone,
    I started theorycrafting this spec 2.5month ago , when my raid group tried to get higher and higher dps. I ended up with this spec, which i finally panage to parse in BoS after some times far from rift.
    Carefull , it's not your usual healing spec , it's designed for maximizing dps with a group that really know how to play, use it at your own risk. Or adapt it to suit your needs.

What's this spec ?

The spec is a support that deal decent healing, around the same as defilerheal or tactbard. It does stack with both of them and the archon. You provide the mystic buff +10% damage to your group , you can give up to 30% movement speed to everyone (the other supports only give 15%) and you also provide the +5% crit debuff. But no Battel rez. You can switch 1 point in the tree to get one if you really need.

Why would you play this ?

If you need more healing but want to keep the pseudo support buffs, or if you can afford less heal than the 31 farseer spec whithout dying.

Where can you use it ?

On every boss currently in the game.

What's the soul tree?

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#!6glmSy/!49cAg/!0m2

Masteries are:
    - Primordial Strength
    - Steadfast Rejuvenation
    - Vulpine Cunning
    - Primal Rage
    - Nature's Blessing

Legendaries are :
    - Font of savagery
    - Tailwind
    - Primal Savagery
    - Inner peace
    - Threat of fate

How to play the spec :

Buffs :
    - Threat of fate
    - Primal Savagery
    - Delayed fate
    - Font of savagery
    - Nature's blessing on 3 allies

Macros :

Spam macro :
    #show tectonic spike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Prescience
    cast Tailwind
    cast Living Armor
    cast Aerial Boon
    cast Seismic Smash
    cast Tectonic Spike
    cast Insight
    cast Squall

Empower souls shroud macro :
    #show Soul Shroud
    suppressmacrofailures
    stopcasting
    cast Empower Soul
    cast Soul Shroud

Cds macro:
    #show Oversoul
    suppressmacrofailures
    target @self
    cast @gtae Oversoul
    targetlasttarget

#show Inner Peace
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @self Inner Peace

Others spells :
    Prescience
    Predestination
    Bind Life/Air Lash
    Insight
    Spiritual guidance
    ST dispell macro

My spell bars look like that :

[4.5] The pseudo  healer-pseudo-heal-keybind.png

Prepull :
    Stack 5 soul fragment by using Insight 5 times.
    Cast Prescience on your tank so it can start jumping to others player.
    Cast an empower soul shroud.

Priorities :
    1. Refresh empowered soul shroud
    2. Keep up Predestination on your tank and on people you know will take damage , to give them the +20% healing boost.
    3. Refresh Air Lash/Bind Life.
    4. use Cds if you need them
    5. Use insight or Spiritual guidance outside of macro if you need soul fragments.
    6. Spam

Screenshot from the last test i did in BoS :
    Azranel heal + dps :
    [4.5] The pseudo  healer-pseudo-healer.jpg
    Titan X heal + dps :
    [4.5] The pseudo  healer-pseudo-healer-titan.jpg

Detailed parse from Azranel + Titan X :
    [4.5] The pseudo  healer-pseudo-healer-azra.png
    [4.5] The pseudo  healer-pseudo-heal-titan.png

This isn't the last version of this spec , but it's the one i have actually. You can maybe improve it , change macro to suit your playstyle, it's up to you. You can switch dervish to preserver it you need more heal, maybe you can switch dervish to Titan for an offtank i didn't tried those yet.

Don't forget to have fun , and have a nice day !
    Last edited by Hokhmah; 08-14-2019 at 06:06 AM.
    Hokhmah@Brutwacht , Zyggiha@Brutwacht, Ahiggyz@Brutwacht
    Pseudo support, Prima raiding specs
    Discord : Zyggiha#2277 , I can help for everything related to primalist , feel free to ask.

Hierosolyma | Katane | Azuren | Jeru | Syenn | Shas | Shaslol | Shastroll

I was thinking about something similar to this many months back. I was always torn between trying to get Squall or the Battle Rez and group cleanse. Or trying to figure out some cobo of souls that can do OK'ish DPS while healing and buffing.

Since I could never come up with anything I really loved I abandoned the concept. I figured, "Well... if Hokhmah hasn't put something like this out then it's probably not very useful anyway."

The cleanse and brez look soooo tempting though...

I also wonder if something like

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...!49cAg/!0gEm6g

May be able to get to 500k ish dps with so mahy DoT's and Savage Blow.

Just ideas...probably bad ones.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

If you want dmg, go 18 Mystic and - Redirect Power with Forced Apathy.
    Less gcd's used for propably at least the same dmg result.

Big balls healer
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#!6mylI/!4kAh0g/!0m2

alternate ranged Pseudo
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#.../!0mGy584|_YTg
    Happy Forced Apathy ticks everyone.

Plane Touched

I wanted to boost the dps as high as possible with this spec so i went for squall, but it's a limiting factor for other points.

Brez + aoe cleanse are juicy but kinda out of range with this spec , unless you drop squall and then go for another 3rd soul.
    Since i couldn't raid lately i had to save the spec until i was able to try it yesterday, it was a fun testing with 1 full tank and 1 para OT without using shield for more mitigation.

You tree looks good , but you loose around 75% heal from soul shroud (at max cunning) which is the top healing spell here. Also i really like Inner peace for emergency.
    i'd go with something like this so you get 50% more heal on soul shroud without loosing anything.

After playing pseudo support for more than 1year , and after that healer for the 5% crit ( i need to improve my dps parses !!!!!) , i wanted to combine both spec and give it to our 2nd prima so i could go dd

it's usefull if you can afford to use it in the raid, on a group that know how to avoid missiles , or on isiel as raid healer.
    Discord : Zyggiha#2277 , I can help for everything related to primalist , feel free to ask.

The build is sweatlevel 100. If your group loses people on basic mechanics, they don't need squall.
    So squall or br is a reasonable trade.

Soulwalker

Default Couple? Changes

first off I would not legendary tailwind, its benefiting yourself which really isn't needed since no raid needs movespeed.. besides bos first boss... but you would need to take the leg off for it to hit all the raid, since tailwind stacks with all movespeed buffs. I would change the leg to Rend Spirit.
    2nd theres no point of using living armor since it doesn't stack with chon, but its not a big deal, its a extra dps thing so w/e
    last (this is just me) but I hate having empowered soul and soul shroud as a macro, its easier (for me) having both outside separate so I can click empowered and then soul shroud.

other then mainly the first thing I said, dervish was smart *high five*

Plane Touched

Archon should give the 15% movespeed to the raid so it's an extra safety in case of lags you'll outrun the missiles.
    I don't really like rend spirit cause it push ourselves to Fury , and you want to get as close as possible to 100 cunning every soul shroud refresh, but it can be a good idea if you really don't want movespeed. But then we need to take care to not go too high in Fury.
    I have 2 soul shroud : 1 without empower and the macro with it , own preference there
    Last edited by Hokhmah; 08-13-2019 at 11:37 PM.

So trying this - is there like a tank version
    <Victrix Mortalis> Valcury@typhiria Motherkhaleesi@typhiria Quetsyeah@typhiria

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Motherkhaleesi View Post
    So trying this - is there like a tank version
    You can try to tank with this spec

You have the taunt , the tank buff, And use essence strike as legendary instead of Font of savagery. And put crystalline lance and smash inside the spam macro. Refresh essence strike when it fall off , it's still some more heal.

I haven't tested it myself , so i can't assure you it will work , but as OT it should be enough if you can survive.

i have a tank heal spec (Pretty sure got it from one of your guides not sure) was just wondering if theres a pseudo mix somewhere there i have 12 specs and mostly limited to tanking (Gets boring after a while) usually do eather tank heal or pseudo tank just tried this pseudo heal pretty happy however will likely get minimal chance to really play it

will try the one you linked too sometime need 900p to buy role nr 13 first XD

+ Reply to Thread