+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By Hokhmah
  • 1 Post By Joebuu

Thread: [4.5] The Hot Pot

Rift Disciple

Default [4.5] The Hot Pot

Long time ago, back when BoS wasn't out, primalist players played an easier QuackBack spec.
    It was easier because it had an instant scald for easier movement , but the downside was it was dealing less dps than the QuackBack spec.

We recently tried it again in our raid group , and after some Buff stacking fixes this spec is now at the same dps as QuackBack.

I'm not the creator of this spec , we were lot's of primalist player finding it back in the days , everyone playing in their own way but doing about the same things. There is no guide for it atm so i decided to do one , since our test were very good in our last BoS raid.

So let's start the guide now :

Soul tree :
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...www/!3k0w|__Tw

Masteries :

61 : Exhileration
    62 : Steadfast Rejuvenation
    63 : Vulpine cunning
    64 : Heavy handed
    65 : Spiritualism

Legendaries :
    Rage of the beast
    Scything strike
    Fury blast
    Molten wave
    Scald

Macros :

SS macro :

#show Scything Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rage of the Beast
    cast Scything Strike
    cast Serpent Tooth

FB macro :

#show Fury Blast
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rage of the Beast
    cast Fury Blast
    use Reliquary of Rage
    cast Serpent Tooth

MW macro :
    #show Molten Wave
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rage of the Beast
    cast Serpent Tooth
    cast Molten Wave

Spam macro :

#show Stroke of brilliance
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rage of the Beast
    cast Stroke of Brilliance
    cast Vorpal Salvo
    cast Scald
    cast Serpent Tooth

Flashpoint Macro :
    #show Summon: Flashpoint Beacon
    suppressmacrofailures
    target @self
    cast @gtae Summon: Flashpoint Beacon
    targetlasttarget

Easy rotation :

Start at 100 Fury (spam Scorpion pierce or use avatar from tank spec / don't forget to unequip and re equip the Omnox trinket scorpion pierce will proc it),
    Use Flashpoint beacon so you already have stacks at pull,
    Scald x2 ,
    SS macro -> FB macro -> spam to 80 or 100 fury ( 2 or 3 time the macro depending on cd) -> SS -> MW -> spam to 80 or 100 fury -> repeat
    Use spiritualism on cd.
    Keep beacon close to you.

Hard rotation , more dps :

Start at 100 Fury (spam Scorpion pierce or use avatar from tank spec / don't forget to unequip and re equip the Omnox trinket scorpion pierce will proc it),
    Use Flashpoint beacon so you already have stacks at pull,
    Use Rage of the beast at best 30sec before pull (not always doable use it at soon as countdown start otherwise),
    Scald x2 ,
    (engage only) SS macro -> FB macro -> Spam to 40 fury -> SS -> MW -> Spam to 80 fury
    (rotation) SS -> FB -> Spam to 40 fury -> MW -> spam 1 time (20 cunning) -> Scald -> Spam to 80 or 100 fury -> repeat the rotation part.
    Use Spiritualism when you don't have stacks of Rage of the Beast and no procced SS.
    Keep beacon close to you.

DPS breakdown :

[4.5] The Hot Pot-hotpotdps.png

Prancing turtle link from the prima who played it in our raid group.
    Max FB hit is really high in this spec , as well as the crit chance from it, since we get the crit chance bonus from maelstrom and CP boost too:
    [4.5] The Hot Pot-hot-pot-fb-max.png

I'm pretty sure this spec can do at least 1.8m dps in raid , and even 1.9m with good RNG , it's still less dps than our melee spec, but it's pretty easy to play and it's range.

Thx for reading , as usual feel free to improve it , to change it to fit your playstyle , and have fun.
    Last edited by Hokhmah; 06-08-2019 at 12:42 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Thanks!

Thanks for posting these guides/builds. I started playing Primalist a month ago (just came back to game after a couple of years) and its really nice to have a resource like the builds you post.
    Meepz@Wolfsbane
    Joebuu@Wolfsbane

Xly
    Rift Chaser

Your 1.5mil post is on a "normal" puppet, I guess? Hard rotation?

How much do you lose with the easy rotation? Can you also post your stats pls?

Thx for the guide, made the spec, easy mode plays like before, just with instant scald and having to worry about the beacon

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xly View Post
    Your 1.5mil post is on a "normal" puppet, I guess? Hard rotation?

How much do you lose with the easy rotation? Can you also post your stats pls?

Thx for the guide, made the spec, easy mode plays like before, just with instant scald and having to worry about the beacon
    It's on a lvl 72 dummy yes , the one we can put in dimension. With the hard rotation of course. It was the very first parse i made with the spec so their is lot's of mistake in it , but it shouldn't affect the dps that much it usually was SoB not used in harmony so only a small dps loss there.

with the easy one , you don't manage the Scald crit and crit power proc so it's around 150k less i would say.

Here are my stats with the spec. Only self buff , no food, vial or stones.
    [4.5] The Hot Pot-stats120619.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Joebuu View Post
    Thanks for posting these guides/builds. I started playing Primalist a month ago (just came back to game after a couple of years) and its really nice to have a resource like the builds you post.
    Glad to see it help you ;) Feel free to ask if you have some question about specs if you need , and welcome back to Telara !

+ Reply to Thread