+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By Hokhmah
  • 1 Post By Bamul

Thread: All Raiding Specs

Plane Touched

Default All Raiding Specs

Hello everyone ,

Lately , lot's of new player asked for which spec is good as a primalist , which spec is still up to date. So i'll make a list of all specs that are still good in 4.5, with a link to the guide in the forum, for raiding with your primalist.

Let's start with the tanks specs :

#1 : The classic tank spec

#2 : All sort of hybrid tank specs

Old tank guides with usefull informations (some spec are not updated in this category , but you can check them , they give lot's of explanation, tricks on how to play tank as primalist, which spell to use etc...) :
    Sahtiaro's guide
    Bishoujo's guide
    Maril's guide
    Burningalways' guide
    Kradnam's guide (with a lvling tree for your tank spec.)

Now we can move onto the healing specs you can play in raids :

#1 : Yarrellii's guide for farseer AoE heal (static spec with cast time)

#2 : Yarrellii's guide for an hybrid AoE and ST healer (50% ST healing/shielding and 50% aoe heal)

#3 : AoE healing spec giving the 5% crit debuff to your group (100% mobile spec)

#4 : Deew's ST healing guide tree not updated , use this tree instead (and keep soul shroud and predestination up on your target) with the playstyle and macro from the guide.

Old guide but with usefull information :
    Lifeismystery's guide
    Aeral's guide

Then comes the dps specs :

#1 : MusclPig's guide ( top range dps spec in the game atm in 4.5)

#2 : Luisa's guide (Top melee dps spec in the game atm in 4.5)

#3 : Luisa's guide (range dps spec , easier to play than the #1 ,with really good dps.)

#4 : Hot Pot (Quackback like, with instant scald but no drake beacon for cleave.)

#5 : Support/Dps guide (If possible , try to have 1 primalist from your raid playing this spec , it give a 10% damage boost to your group while doing lot's of dps. This spec can be use along side and archon and a tactbard/oracle.)

There is no old guides for dps specs , since you should be able to play the top dps ones and not the non-update one in raids!

Lvling and open world specs ( DO NOT USE THEM IN RAIDS THOSE ARE BAD RAIDING SPECS) :

#1 : Harumph's guide

#2 : Bishoujo's guide

#3 : jsjoe's guide

I hope that will help the new players to find which spec they want to play.
    Remember to not use lvling/open world specs in raids, and feel free to ask question in the guide post if you don't understand something, some players will always be here for helping.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Hokhmah; 08-03-2019 at 04:16 AM.

Rift Disciple

Is there no viable Primalist support spec?

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Organic View Post
    Is there no viable Primalist support spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Hokhmah View Post
    #4 : Support/Dps guide (If possible , try to have 1 primalist from your raid playing this spec , it give a 10% damage boost to your group while doing lot's of dps. This spec can be use along side and archon and a tactbard/oracle.)
    Nowadays most people play a Mystic hybrid spec that stacks with Archon buffs. A full-fledged Mystic support is rarely used because the archon buffs are better.
    Last edited by Bamul; 03-31-2019 at 01:23 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    Nowadays most people play a Mystic hybrid spec that stacks with Archon buffs. A full-fledged Mystic support is rarely used because the archon buffs are better.
    Thanks for the reply! I was looking for a way to queue as support with an actual support spec that was worth learning. Guess I'll stick with tank and heals. Thanks again.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Organic View Post
    Thanks for the reply! I was looking for a way to queue as support with an actual support spec that was worth learning. Guess I'll stick with tank and heals. Thanks again.
    The Pseudo Support Mystic is currently one of the strongest Specs and every raid needs at least one.
    Most raids play with a full support (Archon), a hybrid support (Bard or Oracle) and 1 or more Mystic Pseudo supports.

For normal group content you don't need a support, just check the support box, no matter if you play tank, healer or dd.

While this is far from optimal, sometimes the no cast time hybrid support is useful if you lack a mage who can run Archon well, or simply lack a mage in your raid at all.

Damage is decent enough and it gets the job done.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    While this is far from optimal, sometimes the no cast time hybrid support is useful if you lack a mage who can run Archon well, or simply lack a mage in your raid at all.

Damage is decent enough and it gets the job done.
    The thing i don't like with this spec is that you don't have flaring power AND the lava field like spell have 5% less damage boost compare to LF. Also if your archon know how to play they'll do the same dps as this spec maybe even more.
    A badly played archon who can keep all his buff up and use burst at the right time will always be better than this spec, that's why i didn't put it in the raiding spec.

+ Reply to Thread