+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: [4.5] Primalist tank

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    365

    Default [4.5] Primalist tank

    Don't listen to threadsafe, he's been harassing, insulting, trashtalking and ordering me to do things when he can't prove a single words he say, keep it clean and ignore him in game and on forums for your own sake.

    Hello everyone,
    Iím posting the tank spec iím using sometimes when iím able to tank in raids.
    Primalist donít really need to do others things that DD or support , since they are king atm in those roles, thatís why i donít play it in BoS where you want the highest possible dps. But you can still play it if you are the main tank or you just want to tank as primalist.
    I played the 5 class as tank , and i prefer a lot the primalist tank , i feel like it take a lot less damage than the other, and his cd kit + the spell he have all fit my playstyle.

    What's the soul tree?

    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#!1k/_klliGx0/!2

    Legendaries are :
    - Upheaval
    - Primal Avatar: Ram
    - One of the other Legendary from Titan, it donít really matter , i prefer Essence Strike .
    - Underworld Shards
    - Vine Whip

    Masteries are :
    61 : Indomitable
    62 : Shepherdís care
    63 : Ursine Tenacity
    64 : Primal Rage
    65 : Ancestral Force

    How to play the spec :


    Buffs :

    Titanic Spirit
    Font of Retaliation

    Macros :


    Spam Macro :
    #show Titanís Fury
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Earthquake
    cast Underworld Shards
    cast Icefall
    cast Vine Whip
    cast Essence Strike
    cast Titanís Fury
    cast Crystalline Smash
    cast Crystalline Lance
    cast Upheaval


    Self heal Macro :
    #show Ancestral Force
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @self Ancestral Force

    Others spell in your bar :
    Epicenter (AoE grab)
    Essence Tap (ST taunt)
    Life Bond( Intercept)
    Lifewalk (Teleport)
    Overwhelm (Interrupt)
    Primal Avatar : Ram (your Big CD)
    Primal Roar (AoE taunt)
    Temper (20% damage reduction for 4sec)
    Vitrify (40% damage reduction for 10sec)
    Upheaval (Make the hitting monsters deal less damage)
    No Witnesses (Give all your threat to a target , usually the other tank to be sure you donít take the boss back after the switch)

    You just need to spam and use your cd at the right moment , like every other tank spec, i donít know what i can tell you to do, just trust your healer donít use your CDs when you donít need to, and run out of them when you really need something to protect you.

    My Action bar :
    [4.5] Primalist tank-actionbartank.png

    Other possible Specs :
    You can also change a bit the spec and take what you need in other souls. For example if you want the Crit debuff from dervish you can use this tree.
    Or if you want more heal on yourself and the group , something like this.
    I won't give the macros for those spec , but you can ask if you need them. They are also really good specs for raids , i already cleared BoS with all of them.

    Thanks for reading , as always , feel free to change this to suit your playstyle, and ask questions if you need.
    Have a nice day and enjoy the game.
    Last edited by Hokhmah; 03-29-2021 at 04:13 AM.

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Little update for the spec :

    This spec is really really tanky , you can survive lot's of thing with it , like solo tanking the 2nd BoS boss.

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/433632868

    The key here is managing your cds , and having really good healers while you are dead

  3. #3
    Champion of Telara Shas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,395
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default Icefall now called Wrathfall

    Thank you for this tank spec. I notice in the spam macro you have Icefall but couldn't find it in the Berserker's ability. I noted the ability has changed and it's call now Wrathfall. I'm learning how to tank and this is my first tank spec. Thanks again for all the specs you have shared with us.

    DonPrime

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by judo54 View Post
    Thank you for this tank spec. I notice in the spam macro you have Icefall but couldn't find it in the Berserker's ability. I noted the ability has changed and it's call now Wrathfall. I'm learning how to tank and this is my first tank spec. Thanks again for all the specs you have shared with us.

    DonPrime
    Wrathfall is the combinaison of the 2 spells : Icefall and Corpsefall.

    The spam macro will sometimes push you into cunning since you have earthquake, seismic smash and crystalline lance inside it. But you want to stay the closest possible to fury in order to keep your eternal proc. Also we prefer the AoE attack over ST one , specially for some bosses like Isiel of Titan X adds.

    If you use Wrathfall inside the spam macro and you are into cunning, you'll use corpsefall from it, which will push you even more to cunning and will only deal ST damage. It's still a nice healing spell if you need it.

    But if you write only Icefall which is a part of the spell, you will never use Corpsefall and the cd won't be used until you are back to fury. Then it will cast icefall for the AoE threat.

    Hope that will help you to understand why i put Icefall in the macro
    Last edited by Hokhmah; 06-05-2020 at 12:58 PM.

  6. #6
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13

    Smile

    I was not aware that you can use part of the combination spell. Thank you for clarifying.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hokhmah View Post
    - One of the other Legendary from Titan, it don’t really matter , i prefer Essence Strike .
    Wrong! Essence Strike is required since it is the main source of healing for primalist, especially with Eternal Weapon (full Fury) active.
    Last edited by ThreadSafe; 02-23-2021 at 12:34 AM.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple Kelyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThreadSafe View Post
    Wrong! Essence Strike is required since it is the main source of healing for primalist, especially with Eternal Weapon (full Fury) active.
    Right, cause 50k thps is UBER important when your linkchanters are healing for 3m thps. This is a tank spec for group content, not a self healing tank spec, there are specific builds for that.
    Kelyk@Greybriar | Kalyk@Greybriar | Kely@Greybriar | Kyely@Greybriar | Kekly@Greybriar

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelyk View Post
    Right, cause 50k thps is UBER important when your linkchanters are healing for 3m thps. This is a tank spec for group content, not a self healing tank spec, there are specific builds for that.
    It's actually the same as single target living storm and it is raid hps not only tank. So let's not use 6 stormcaller builds then because of 50k is not UBER. Let's just drop extra 10% total hp healing per tick. You can heal 50% content of this game with only 50k. You can selfheal EoA 2nd with 28mystic/7titan/4maelstrom just because of 50k. This is guide about 31 Titan, not about Isiel.
    P.S. If we accept your logic, we should completely drop preserver soul from this build because 5% mitigation is totally useless even on Isiel with your UBER t2 gear.
    Also this spec is for someone who doesn't want to waste his time and tank content with single tank spec which is completely OK for 31 Titan.
    Last edited by ThreadSafe; 02-23-2021 at 07:52 AM.

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThreadSafe View Post
    It's actually the same as single target living storm and it is raid hps not only tank. So let's not use 6 stormcaller builds then because of 50k is not UBER. Let's just drop extra 10% total hp healing per tick. You can heal 50% content of this game with only 50k. You can selfheal EoA 2nd with 28mystic/7titan/4maelstrom just because of 50k. This is guide about 31 Titan, not about Isiel.
    P.S. If we accept your logic, we should completely drop preserver soul from this build because 5% mitigation is totally useless even on Isiel with your UBER t2 gear.
    Also this spec is for someone who doesn't want to waste his time and tank content with single tank spec which is completely OK for 31 Titan.


    As i said in the 2nd line of the guide (reading seems hard) :

    " I’m posting the tank spec i’m using sometimes when i’m able to tank in RAIDS. "

    When you have 1 or 2 healers in your group, essence strike is meaningless, it's not this spell that will save your life or your group's life.

    What's make everything possible for a primalist to survive lot's of hits isn't essence strike but the shielding from crystalline smash + passive heal from font of retaliation as well as managing your CDs. That's why as 3rd legendary essence strike isn't mandatory, because legendary crystalline smash bring a lot more value once you know your spec.

    You can solo EoA boss 2-3-4 (since you seems to care a lot about EoA soloing), without even using essence strike once in a prima tank spec.

    Also , about dropping preverser, well it's a no since the 5% damage mitigation allow the spec to solo tank the whole isiel fight, which I did 4-5 times with this builds with different healer setup. It also allow lower geared tank to play with more ease when their group is tight on tank healing.

    As stated previously, this is a RAID/GROUP build, not a solo content build.
    Last edited by Hokhmah; 02-23-2021 at 09:36 AM.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Group/raid means this is not Isiel only, but you talking about Isiel. That's what i'm talking about. Your phrase that it doesn't matter is wrong because in 99% cases healing is better and Isiel is 1%. You writing guide with title 4.5 Titan but not "Tanking Isiel guide".

    Again:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokhmah View Post
    What's make everything possible for a primalist to survive lot's of hits isn't essence strike but the shielding from crystalline smash + passive heal from font of retaliation as well as managing your CDs.
    BUT
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokhmah View Post
    - One of the other Legendary from Titan, it don’t really matter , i prefer Essence Strike .
    NOT LOGICAL

    Quote Originally Posted by Hokhmah View Post
    it don’t really matter
    Completely wrong

    Also, my first priority is 25 x EoA / farming runes in EoA and 31 Titan is totally ok there but it is not OK if you dont know about ES healing.
    Last edited by ThreadSafe; 02-23-2021 at 10:41 AM.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple Kelyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThreadSafe View Post
    Group/raid means this is not Isiel only, but you talking about Isiel. That's what i'm talking about. Your phrase that it doesn't matter is wrong because in 99% cases healing is better and Isiel is 1%. You writing guide with title 4.5 Titan but not "Tanking Isiel guide" so you are wrong.
    There is literally no other content in this game where you won't have another healer OR you are playing a heal-tank hybrid yourself. I don't know how many times you need it said for you to understand but there are specific builds for when you need to be healing as the tank, this spec is for maximum survivability and mitigation (more important than 30k more HPS) when you have a real healer. It's not just for Isiel, Essence Strike offers basically 0 effective healing on the fights where you'll have a raid or ST healer (aka every boss in IRoTP, TDnm, BoS, and some dungeons depending on gear/party.)
    Kelyk@Greybriar | Kalyk@Greybriar | Kely@Greybriar | Kyely@Greybriar | Kekly@Greybriar

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelyk View Post
    Essence Strike offers basically 0 effective healing on the fights where you'll have a raid or ST healer (aka every boss in IRoTP, TDnm, BoS, and some dungeons depending on gear/party.)
    I disagree with this.
    Also there is no requirement to have healer everywhere. Sometimes you need hps provider, mystic healer/tank as example.
    To Hokhmah: i writing this here because i was confused by your guide. This is really important if you tanking all the way after reaching 70 level. The case when you doesn't want ES is really special. I prefer to play self healing mystic tank everywhere i can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokhmah View Post
    - One of the other Legendary from Titan, it don’t really matter , i prefer Essence Strike .
    ->
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokhmah View Post
    - One of the other Legendary from Titan, i prefer Essence Strike .
    Last edited by ThreadSafe; 02-23-2021 at 11:20 AM.

  14. #14
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThreadSafe View Post
    I disagree with this.
    Also there is no requirement to have healer everywhere. Sometimes you need hps provider, mystic healer/tank as example.

    ->
    If you need HPS from the tank why not run 21 Titan / 18 Farseer (has a rez) or 23 Titan 16 Farseer (AE taunt and beacon)? If your raid needs heals that badly, essence strike won't save the day for you.

    Hokhmah stated this was a max mitigation build for raids. If you take a barely T1 geared tank into BOS with your 28 mystic tank build you are going to have a bad day.

    Also, the two heal tank specs I listed will solo tank and solo heal the guardian phase in Xarth, all 4 bosses in EoA and TDEZ once you have some gear - plus they are a blast to play, imho.

    As far as Essence being required, that simply isn't true. But even Hokhmah said he preferred it.

    Not sure why you are nitpicking his builds but his guides have helped me a ton going from a fresh 70 to T2 geared.
    Last edited by Joebuu; 03-04-2021 at 08:06 PM.
    Joebuu@Greybriar
    Meepz@Greybriar
    <Shotglass Detectives>

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joebuu View Post
    Also, the two heal tank specs I listed will solo tank and solo heal the guardian phase in Xarth, all 4 bosses in EoA and TDEZ once you have some gear - plus they are a blast to play, imho.
    You actually can heal 2, 3, 4 EoA with essence strike pseudo tank xD I never tried 1st boss because of 10sec interrupt, which requires help of someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebuu View Post
    As far as Essence being required, that simply isn't true. But even Hokhmah said he preferred it.
    If healer dies you have some heals. If whatever happens with healer, you have some heals. If you need extra healing tick and healer is sleeping, you have it frequently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebuu View Post
    Not sure why you are nitpicking his builds but his guides have helped me a ton going from a fresh 70 to T2 geared.
    You should show me where i nitpicking his builds. I using most of them when needed except max mitigation because it's useless for me as well as all sort of heal tank which is useless for me since i have my eternal.

    Also, if you think that it's better to ignore mistakes and don't point to it, congratulations. I disagree with your lifestyle. Also i tried to discuss most of this private to avoid confuses.
    Last edited by ThreadSafe; 03-04-2021 at 09:12 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts