+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4.5 Another Ranged Vulc

Shadowlander

Post 4.5 Updated Ranged Vulc

This guide has been updated as of 9/15/18
    Ranged spec with one cast time ability
    Build:
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...6/RkaAak8|_vTw

level 64 mastery can be changed to "Elemental Affinity" for people with low Phys Crit

Legendaries:

Fury Blast (ofc)
    Molten wave (ofc)
    scything strike
    Primal Avatar: Drake
    Rend Spirit

Macros:

Spam macro:
    #show vorpal salvo
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast stroke of brilliance
    cast vorpal salvo
    cast rage spike
    cast rend spirit
    cast @self spiritualism

Fury Blast Macro:
    #show fury blast
    suppressmacrofailures
    use reliquary of rage
    cast fury blast

CD macro:
    #show primal avatar: drake
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast primal avatar: drake
    cast scything strike
    cast @self spiritualism

Other Abilities that must be on your bar:
    Legendary Scything Strike
    Legendary Molten Wave
    Precision Bolt
    (have scorpion pierce somewhere on bar for pre-pull)

Buffs:
    Font of Wit
    Infusion

Rotation:

Pre-pull: Starting at harmony, cast Scorpion pierce ONE time. Now reequip your omnox trinket.

Openner:
    Cast Precision Bolt x1 -> Molten wave

Rotation:
    After opener -> spam CD macro until you trigger a global cooldown ->FB
    at this point this spec becomes like every other FB spec:
    spam to 80 fury -> SS -> MW -> spam x2 -> SS -> FB and repeat

make sure to keep the buff from precision bolt up at all times (tracker included in the kalert set)
    when refreshing precision bolt you should use it before molten wave for example:
    spam x2 -> precision bolt -> MW -> spam x2 -> SS -> FB and back to normal rotation

If SS auto procs at 80 fury before you cast SS -> FB then you can immediately use FB for higher damage from FB
    otherwise use SS -> FB

Helpful tips:
    if you refresh precision bolt after getting an auto proc on FB or rend spirit is used, you will have more time for the cast and helps with the timing on molten wave so it doesn't fall off because you are lagging.

I have had people ask me about the cleave on this build, you COULD just cast beacon of the drake whenever you needed, however that usually results in a bit of a dps loss. The one way that I have found beacon of the drake to be an increase in the long run is to make sure you cast scything strike immediately before casting beacon (this is the bare minimum) and to push it even further try to only use beacon while you have your primal avatar active (primal avatar increases by 40%). Realistically primalists aren't used in raids for aoe or cleave damage as primalists are the main source of ST DPS, and whenever a primalist is using ae's it generally means they are doing less ST DPS

IMPORTANT

when your CD macro (primal avatar macro) comes off CD, use it after you cast molten wave
    example:
    spam x2 -> SS -> MW -> CD macro til you see a GCD -> FB -> normal rotation

From this point you should have enough information to work out the entire thing on your own. mess with it a little and you will understand why you do certain things at certain points in the rotation.
    GL

Parses And Gear:
    All parses are done on level 72 raid boss dummies with no buffs other than the primalist eternal buff, No reliquaries were used for these parses
    4.5 Another Ranged Vulc-4.5-gear.jpg
    4.5 Another Ranged Vulc-vulc-4.5-2.jpg
    4.5 Another Ranged Vulc-vulc-4.5.jpg

Kalerts for you people who like to track things:

KA::Ab4qfeNqVkmtPwyAUhv9Kf8HkUErb8KmXkfhBXeaMX5Y0r GOTrO2Wgi718t+l7KJGt8xQGuC
    8Oec8vHi67MyTapYM2IRtKtHJ1i25nff7mHdvWrWSLKEANM7T1 A+5TzDPGbJabgeyY6wWhuXCiKv
    pw/VUzFSlTFeoct3o6VI2slVlcThFEBSvg/lcM8DgMxpEDGLsJrEpWTa8nQzH/Qpcbh/ZdiaHY7e
    jrix/r9eVkY23FS/yG8PAiHYpzRHlZqd67FUJzmhGQgwI534wTP0zGMrIes+waVUtK qVNsStZ9CU
    dQ4gICwNgIR1Eux8MqE35po0oV/qDTe5GX0TIlbMM/ATRppWl0tITqv7LldE+nNhwguyVkSQjGMc
    UJTm+2BHLtZGWRc1lY9RCyXmxlWLVSK0dUxQFjPqYxbT/8E9TjginTFk8t503q4Q2ZzzhvSh1ogR
    zTiADCiFATiNyMUf/sJbdTIoadn0jzEIS//LiH91/ApF37ew
    Last edited by Iuisa; 09-15-2018 at 11:12 PM.

Soulwalker

replacing the mystic off-soul with maelstrom will be more dps b/c of scald. refresh scald at ~5s, followed by a PB and then SS will get you to 100 fury. doesn't mess with the rotation much. also makes the opener a bit easier: (start anywhere from 20 cunning to any amount of fury) scald x2, PB, MW, Avatar, SS, FB.

Shadowlander

there is actually a basis behind not taking scald. scald has a 1.5 second cast time which means casting this inside the rotation leaves you with a longer period of molten wave not being active on the target, whereas without it you will find that you can most of the time refresh molten wave without letting it fall off. The biggest reason not to pick scald is the 4.4 changes to buff stacking causing scald in this situation to be a flat dps loss. I played this spec with scald before 4.4 but after 4.4 buff stacking changes its better to just completely ignore scald. Like I said in the edit on the guide, you don't have to use forced apathy for that 60 fury, you can also just hit your spam again, I just spent so much time using forced apathy that its just the way I play it.

Additionally the reason you start at 20 fury isn't just preference, the idea behind it is that if during the opener you hit max fury that will trigger one of the procs from your soul tree points. this is bad because if this happens you end up with a 60 fury spam before casting fury blast. as long as your opener doesn't hit max fury before you activate your primal avatar, the fury rotation will land you at 60 before a molten wave every time.
    Last edited by Iuisa; 07-20-2018 at 10:18 AM.

Telaran

Hey, i've tested this build and after some changes, i'm doing around 1,35m with it. thats not bad but compared to 21/18 (1,45m) or the melee spec (1,5m) it is not so much. It also does cleave less than 21/18, so in general i would not really recommend it.
    However it is kind of easier than 21/18, so maybe it's something for some People.

Things i would change: instead of mystic offsoul take farseer for the legendary dot, that is ogcd and builds 40 fury and does around the same dps as forced apathy.
    Then i would take those 2 points out of enraged salvo in vulcanist and put it into overwhelming wit and also put 1 point from greater salvo in overwhelming wit.

Those are my suggestions, i haven't tested around too much since i didn't have much time, but i think that should be better.

php
    Soulwalker

Red face thanks for the sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kugelschreiber View Post
    Hey, i've tested this build and after some changes, i'm doing around 1,35m with it. thats not bad but compared to 21/18 (1,45m) or the melee spec (1,5m) it is not so much. It also does cleave less than 21/18, so in general i would not really recommend it.
    However it is kind of easier than 21/18, so maybe it's something for some People.

Things i would change: instead of mystic offsoul take farseer for the legendary dot, that is ogcd and builds 40 fury and does around the same dps as forced apathy.
    Then i would take those 2 points out of enraged salvo in vulcanist and put it into overwhelming wit and also put 1 point from greater salvo in overwhelming wit.

Those are my suggestions, i haven't tested around too much since i didn't have much time, but i think that should be better.
    i have made some change on this build.i think the most meaning of this is we can base on this stragedy making so many modified.after all,the thing that fits yourself is best!

Shadowlander

Default Changes

I want to clear this up a little, i've gotten a few questions in game about a few things.

First I want to start with what Kugel suggested, I tested using farseer as an offsoul instead of mystic and yes it yields the same dps with one less button. I would recommend using farseer as the offsoul instead of mystic but im not going to change the guide simply cause it still works.

If you use the farseer offsoul these are the changes.

Take legendary rend spirit instead of forced apathy
    Take forced apathy out of the main rotation
    Put rend spirit at the bottom of spam macro like so:

#show vorpal salvo
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast stroke of brilliance
    cast vorpal salvo
    cast rage spike
    cast @self spiritualism
    cast rend spirit

Secondly, I will elaborate on the the pre-pull since people have asked me about this.
    When I refer to reequipping the omnox trinket from vostigar, if you don't have the trinket you do still want to cast scorpion pierce one time at least. Reequipping the omnox trinket is simply to force the proc at the start of the fight.
    The way the omnox trinket works is like this:
    20% increased damage and healing for 15 seconds
    This trinket has a 100% proc chance (meaning it has a 100% chance to activate when not on cooldown)
    This trinket has a 90 second internal cooldown (meaning this trinket can only proc once every 90 seconds)
    Re-equipping any vostigar trinket will reset its internal cooldown

With this in mind, before any fight, if you cast an ability that activates your omnox trinket, you will want to reequip your trinket to make sure its not on cooldown when you start the fight.

Hopefully that answers the questions behind the trinket.

Lastly, casting scorpion pierce once before the fight is meant to put you at at least 20 fury, in doing so, after casting your precision bolt you will have enough fury to thereafter cast molten wave without having to cast another ability. you shouldn't really start at over 70 fury if possible. starting at 80 or higher will cause your precision bolt to push you to max fury, which will proc other abilities not saving them for later. this is more crutial for people who are using the mystic variant as opposed to the farseer variant.
    Last edited by Iuisa; 08-10-2018 at 07:50 PM.

Shadowlander

Thumbs up

I finally had the time to go in and update the guide to make it easier for people to understand and what not. Thanks to everyone for all the ideas

If you are using the old version I suggest going through this one and changing over, its simpler and does the same as the other one.

+ Reply to Thread