+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Melee PL/Vulc

Soulwalker

Post Melee PL/Vulc

Hey guys, I am honestly not a guide writer so this is probably going to be a pretty chopped guide in the end lol. But I have had this spec for quite a while now and after the buff stacking changes I have seen a lot of people either stop playing Primalist all together or express their overall disappointment in it lol. I gave this spec to someone I met in a raid and they seemed to like it so figured I would just flat out share it. This is not a spec that I created from scratch, I based it off of someone I saw in open world one time, tho can't remember who it was.

FYI this spec is around 40% melee so it works ok for disconnects but is in no way meant to be played at range.

Build: https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#.../!1q/Rp1g|_vTw

For the level 64 mastery I chose heavy handed simply because I have high phys crit and font of wit gives u a 7% phys crit increase. However if you have low phys crit you will prob be better off with elemental affinity.

Level 65 mastery doesn't matter unless you plan to min/max this spec. Spiritualism isn't in the regular rotation and ancestral forces isn't a bad alternative if you don't plan to min/max to the very end lol as a quick self heal in raid when u need it can be a helpful thing, just don't try to use it for dps.

Legs:
    Fury blast
    Molten Wave
    Scything strike
    Font of Bloodlust
    Rage of the Beast

Buffs:
    Font of Wit
    Font of Bloodlust (yes these stack because hopefully you took leg font of bloodlust)

Macros:
    These are the macros I use, feel free to adjust them to your liking.

SoB:
    #show stroke of brilliance
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast rage of the beast
    cast bear's fury
    cast stroke of brilliance

US:
    #show underworld shards
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast rage of the beast
    cast serpent tooth
    cast underworld shards
    cast Vorpal Salvo

SS:
    #show scything strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast rage of the beast
    cast scything strike

FB:
    #show fury blast
    suppressmacrofailures
    use reliquary of rage
    cast rage of the beast
    cast fury blast

MW:
    #show molten wave
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast rage of the beast
    cast molten wave

MS:
    #show morbid slash
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast rage of the beast
    cast panther claw
    cast morbid slash

TM:
    #show thresher's maw
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast rage of the beast
    cast thresher's maw

I know what you're thinking... ;-; so many macros
    No worries, the rotation is very fluid

Regular rotation (somewhat less dps but still ok)
    make sure when you go through the rotation you hit the macros enough times that you trigger a global cooldown
    starting at harmony:
    SoB -> US -> SS -> FB -> SoB -> MW -> MS -> TM

that's it, just repeat that through the entire fight. I'm not gonna write down a ranged rotation ill let u all figure that out for those super long disconnects

NOW, For all you people who like to min/max or just want more dps in general. Well, you will like this spec. several ways to min max:

Better dps rotation:
    Pre-Pull:
    Use the scorpion pierce ability from PL to push yourself to full fury, then (if you have time before pull) precast rage of the beast 30 secs before pull. THEN MAKE SURE to unequip and re-equip your vostigar trinket to reset the internal cooldown before pull.

Rotation:
    US -> if scything strike auto procs after u cast US go immediately to FB, otherwise -> (SS -> FB) -> SoB -> MW -> MS -> TM -> SoB Rinse and repeat

if at any point after you cast US scything strike auto procs, skip SS and go straight to FB, this can be easily tracked by kalerts.

Parse and gear:
    Both parses were done on level 72 raid boss dummies with no extra buffs besides the ones on the dummy and the primalist eternal.

Melee PL/Vulc-2018-06-09_230129.jpg
    Melee PL/Vulc-2018-06-09_230042.jpg
    Melee PL/Vulc-2018-06-09_230143.jpg

you may notice that in these parses I do have spiritualism. This is an option that I will only suggest to people who have a good grasp on the spec and how it works. If you cast spiritualism while you have rage of the beast active it will consume one stack of Rage of the beast, this is bad. I highly suggest not macroing spiritualism in anything for this pec as it will screw up the timing on rage of the beast. however there is a solid 5-10 seconds inbetween when you have rage of the beast active, this is the perfect time to manually cast spiritualism to get a few extra numbers on the boss. but make sure u don't cast this while you have rage of the beast active.

PLZ don't take this spec and try playing it at range in BoS, it will be trash. the only boss I play this spec on in BoS is first boss cause melee is easy on that one. Otherwise I stick to 26vulc, which btw still does fine dps.

Last thing I will say is if anyone is curious what kind of dps this spec does in a raid with a good chon, look at Cil's most recent chon guide. As of right now, in this guide Cil has a Beruhast parse which she states is the most recent parse. The primalist in this parse is myself and I was using this spec.

GL everyone and let me know if I missed anything, I'm open to improvement.

my kalert set for this spec:
    KA::ADpvOeNqtkttuwjAMhl+lT8DqNE1b5aoHIk3aSYxpN0hVW kKJ6AG1YVN3ePelATa2wcTFFDl
    ykl+2PztWl/dqKeuCAp3Sdcl70RqXabvfvVn3qpUrQUMCQIIkihyPORixhNpa y/Sy9ZrIhaIJV/x
    i9nA545kspepTmTd1NytELVqZp/tbG9z0ZTSfdxQQOJS4PoUAGcM6JI3HN9PxZPDAxHZsXc50f21
    OxKRlb1VTKlFbz/xJHDCMFG8LoT5Rrreqx0EVopjE2ENgo8Rxx5HzB4ZUotoxrFtZ 8VJ2Kt2mTIe
    UhsGzMfVcoB4Z+dsNRkSHfO0Uz1fdO53e3n0R2SadZmAniFpeC KtZWGoprEzwTh2bzZXQPZ3ztrc
    mB/LIyEM3xglxCY5DgpJwHJw9p7ypMq7SfFNWsuZKNrUBDHwNh93/AlxsdNlZ+Z3s58TYIIqMKES
    MYYiBgAeQEB+fzTN8u6LXTazAgPg20iDBLxB6pPoTH+4DG4j3g g
    Last edited by Iuisa; 06-10-2018 at 12:47 AM. Reason: added explanation for level 64 and 65 masteries and kalert set

Soulwalker

Default Forgot to mention

OK so I Forgot to mention one thing that's actually pretty important. The harmony of life buff which comes from the points put into it in PL. This buff increases your damage by 20% for x seconds after reaching harmony. The buff has been and is currently bugged. Whenever you port somewhere this buff will not activate properly. In order to make sure it's working properly you have to swap to another role rq then swap back to this spec to reactivate it. If you forget to fix this before a pull your dps will plunge due to the nature of the spec.

Rift Disciple

I did some parsing and managed to deal bout 200-300k DPS more than my old 31PL/8Vulc spec at the cost of a somewhat more complex rotation (because pressing 7 keys is more than pressing 4 keys ;) )

but i found a way to reduce your build to 5 macros:

SoB+UW:
    #show stroke of brilliance
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast rage of the beast
    cast bear's fury
    cast stroke of brilliance
    cast serpent tooth
    cast underworld shards
    cast Vorpal Salvo

SS:
    #show scything strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast rage of the beast
    cast scything strike

FB:
    #show fury blast
    suppressmacrofailures
    use reliquary of rage
    cast rage of the beast
    cast fury blast

MW+MS:
    #show molten wave
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast rage of the beast
    cast molten wave
    cast panther claw
    cast morbid slash

TM:
    #show thresher's maw
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast rage of the beast
    cast thresher's maw

so the rotation would be:

1-1-2-3-1-4-4-5

did multiple 5min parses and couldn't find a difference in DPS by using those 5 macros instead of the original 7, but maybe i'm just bad at this spec xD xD

i further took the 1 point from PL Scorpion Pierce and put it into PL Piercing Claw, because SP only purpose seems to be to get to full fury pre-pull (i think we dont need to argue about having it to do some cleave-dps -.-) so i would rather switch to a different spec with Primal Avatar: Wind Serpent and use the avatar to gain full cunning and "say hello" with Threshers Maw as opener.

PS: i didnt bother with simulating disconnects, so maybe my macros would mess up the "disconnect-rota" or something but for now, with 100% melee uptime they are perfectly fine

Thanks for sharing this build with us

Soulwalker

Default TY

This looks like it should work perfectly fine, the main reason I macrod certain things separately with mine was basically to avoid using certain abilities when I was starting my rotation at full fury, specifically bear's fury. I think for someone who doesn't find the need to maximize the dps as much as possible these changes are extremely reasonable and I thank you for the time u spent putting this up. I'll have to look into potentially creating one with dervish. the only thing with that is I could see somewhat of a dps loss without the constant buffing from certain points spent in PL, but again ill look at that cause why not

Rift Disciple

I'm always interested in min-maxing DPS, as long as it's reasonable ... Maybe i need some more practice with the build to see/parse the difference between the lazy-version and the maxed-version, macro wise.

I'll do some more parsing/practice today, that build got me hooked

Soulwalker

Well if u are interested, there are a few things that your specific macros don't fully cover. As I already stated, having bear's fury in with your underworld shards causes that to cast as your first ability, and in the perfect optimizing case for dps you wouldn't want that because you would be starting at full fury. Second is Panther claw being in your macro with Molten wave. This ability specifically states that it does more damage when cast in cunning, however, because this ability is 0gcd ability you will end up casting it while in fury right before you cast molten wave. this isn't an extremely huge issue considering this ability otherwise does around 30k dps and if used this way will prob still yield around 10-15k dps. And overall putting these macros together can cause problems later if you accidentally mess up the rotation. If the rotation is messed up then you will could potentially be casting bear's fury while not at harmony or Serpent tooth while at harmony instead of in fury. Generally this wont happen but its a higher possibility with the macros set up this way.

P.S. I looked into creating a dervish version. Overall this spec does a lot less dps (at least it did the way I made it). I found that the most probable reason for this is the fact that while Primal avatar: wind serpent provides the damage % increase for the full 1min and lets u play at ranged, it still only increases your damage by 60% max and decreases at a constant rate. This compared to rage of the beast is quite a significant loss as that ability increases the damage by 100% and with the rotation, you only have at most about 10 secs when rage of the best is not active. Furthermore, with this spec, you are unable to put a point in heart of the volcano in vulcanist, this is also a significant boost. You have to choose between 2 points in Revel in blood or 1point in revel and 1 point in heart of volcano. The best choice in this case was 2 points in revel in blood specifically because the only abilities that would benefit from heart of the volcano were molten wave/fury blast/and 1 or two builders at the loss of a 5% dps gain on fury blast from having two in revel in blood. Lastly, with this spec you lose harmony of life which provides that constant 20% damage increase.

One more thing I wanted to point out was that while casting PL Thresher's maw as your first ability might look nice in numbers, its a 1hit thing. Whereas casting fury blast at the beginning of the rotation causes a much larger dps output compared to thresher's maw. simply due to the fact that fury blast hits multiple times. Also im not sure if people realize this, but if u cast fury blast without molten wave on the boss, yes it will do less dps, but even if cast before molten wave is on boss, the second u cast molten wave, fury blast will benefit from it and do more damage on the ticks afterward. So while my very first tick of fury blast only does around 800k damage, 1 second later when I cast molten wave, the damage almost immediately goes from that 800k to 2mil for the remaining ticks of the ability. So its quite a burst loss if you cast thresher's maw first... even tho it looks cool ;)

Soulwalker

I parsed out a 5min parse with your macros, in the end I did about 100k dps lower. so again not a bad tradeoff for someone who doesn't want to do 7 buttons and max it out. butif you want that extra 100 k :P

Quote Originally Posted by Iuisa View Post
    I parsed out a 5min parse with your macros, in the end I did about 100k dps lower. so again not a bad tradeoff for someone who doesn't want to do 7 buttons and max it out. butif you want that extra 100 k :P
    Fixed Soultree:
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#.../Rm1g/!1q|_vTw

Fixed Macro:
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by jsjoe; 06-13-2018 at 12:26 AM.
    <Unicef>
    Hyung@Deepwood, Zonna@Deepwood, Zopop@Deepwood
    Zentoo@deepwood, Zotto@deepwood

Soulwalker

Perfect macros

And yeah I probably should've added the other variation of the soul tree. It has a Higher burst if you start at full fury but overall with super long fights you wont see a major difference. Thanks Zonna
    Last edited by Iuisa; 06-13-2018 at 10:43 AM.

+ Reply to Thread