+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Melee PL/Vulc

Thank you OP and JSJOE. I have only really played the 2 button dervish, but that 5 button spec looks reasonable. i am going to practice it :P

Prob take me 1 week to learn instead of 2 hours for all you pros! Good spec !
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post

-> What about popping Ancestral Force on a Scything procc?
    2 point about what i would say no about ancestral force here :

Because first point is , it's not the goal of the spec to deal aoe damage, if you want cleave , another spec is way better for this purpose.

Second point is by channeling 3 sec of Ancestral force , you loose way to much dps cause Molten wave don't stay 100% of the time on the target , you also loose lot's of unboosted Fury blast , cause of molten wave isn't on the target anymore.

-> When neglecting Bear's Fury. Why going 28 Primal lord and Paired Strikes (not even using Bloodletting) isntead of guilde of the Beast,
    if you want to ignore Bear's fury , then this spec is better , and there is the cleaving part with ancestral force if you want along side the beacon of the drake.
    Last edited by Hokhmah; 02-18-2019 at 08:28 AM.

Hmm i mean Bear isn't bad at all but requires so many little changes to max it out. One into scorpion and piercing claw gives you Bears fury with 4%+ total dmg off gcd while the beacon

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#.../!1q/Rn1g|__Tw

Is a situational gimmic more like bofors +pv

How much total dmg does the beacon do pure st? :V

Rift Chaser

For pure ST the beacon do around 70 to 80k ST dps.

Also , in the tree you linked , you missed the 2 point on PL , to get Circle of life , which give 100% damage boost to Bear's fury after not using panther ou serpent at 100fury/cunning , which never occur.

Between the cleave spec , and the luisa's one , their is only 50k dps difference for me (1.600m against 1.550m on dummy) in favor of luisa's spec. I feel like the cleaving spec is better for BoS 2nd boss and 3rd boss , since you need cleave. But on 1st boss , where you want max ST damage , it's better to use luisa's spec.

It all comes to gether and makes sence once you get into it. gj on it!

One last thing: Does Paired Strikes (17-18pt PL) even do enything when not using Bloodletting? I mean the guide's magelo misses 2% ap from Piercing Claw to go into it. Can't seem to find any hidden mechanic granting it's bonus passive?
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

Soulwalker

Thumbs up Great Primal Build/Spec

I have always liked this spec, its fun! Nice work Iuisa!

Since Sharknado is this TM pvp thing, i pledge to finaly give *melee primalist* a name.

Shadowlander

Beverly Hills vibes on that cast!

Telaran

Default Primalist Confusing

I am not sure if I am unable to understand this class/spec, but I have tried this spec and a few others and no matter how much I try I can seem to master it. The only primalist spec I have been able to learn was the [4.2] Dervish/Predator Hybrid Spec for intermediate [PVE] by JsJoe. I had given up on the whole confusing Fury/Cunning mechanics of the class until I saw his spec. The spec is great and does about 1 mil ST DPS but it has 0 AOE.

I find myself coming back to other spec and the others but can not for the life of me figure it out. For example, I tried this Luisa spec, and I was doing 400k DPS. Then I tried Albyr modification, the same thing. Then I tried the Hookah cleave version same thing. It sounds easy in theory but never works for me when I test it. I mean the Abyr macro is so simple yet it didn't work when I tried it

Can someone dumb this down for me or point me to a Primalist spec that does decent ST and AOE damage. I would greatly appreciate it.

Note: I think at this point I have tried all the primalist spec on the first check including the Quack/Quack, and a few others.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by codeblue001 View Post
    I am not sure if I am unable to understand this class/spec, but I have tried this spec and a few others and no matter how much I try I can seem to master it. The only primalist spec I have been able to learn was the [4.2] Dervish/Predator Hybrid Spec for intermediate [PVE] by JsJoe. I had given up on the whole confusing Fury/Cunning mechanics of the class until I saw his spec. The spec is great and does about 1 mil ST DPS but it has 0 AOE.

I find myself coming back to other spec and the others but can not for the life of me figure it out. For example, I tried this Luisa spec, and I was doing 400k DPS. Then I tried Albyr modification, the same thing. Then I tried the Hookah cleave version same thing. It sounds easy in theory but never works for me when I test it. I mean the Abyr macro is so simple yet it didn't work when I tried it

Can someone dumb this down for me or point me to a Primalist spec that does decent ST and AOE damage. I would greatly appreciate it.

Note: I think at this point I have tried all the primalist spec on the first check including the Quack/Quack, and a few others.

Thanks!

Primalist is lacking the true hybrid. Like Shaman, Riftblade etc.

Having aoe in your builds will always be an active decision.

Melee PL/Vulc can be runned in the aoe version- then you can use Ancestral Force and Beacon of the Drake with SS proccs to do decent dmg.

For aoe in let's say RR, you simply pump fury and keep up fury Blast on 2-3 targets, use Beacon of the Drake with procced SS.

tldr: Primalist dps is either St focused or aoe focused(Berzerker). A hybrid that exceeds in both is not a thing as for now and Melee prima in the cleave version is the closest you get to that hybrid dungeon speedrun dps.

''cleave'' here still isn't referring to spamable aoe. It really is just taking some 2% st dps to add Beacon of the Drake.

Btw this point distribution is bis for dps:

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#.../!1g/Rm1g|_vPw
    (bis primalist st dps option)

Here is the cleave version as you would want it for dungeons and last boss itrop:

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...!1q/Rk50g|_vPM

Gameplay stays the same, track SS proccs (normal SS) for Beacon

Titan spec for fury -> Melee build -> Rotb 30 sec before pull - > (spiritualism) -> (Ss) -> FB - SoB - MW - Morbid - TM - SoB - US - (SS) - repeat

an almost therapeutic rotation. When swiching targets or aoe, focus on getting FB up first, MW is rather low prio.

For pure, raw aoe that eneds nothing but alot of aoe, here is something that requires no practise:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...burst-aoe.html
    Last edited by Shas; 05-22-2021 at 02:29 PM.

Telaran

Thumbs up Thanks!

Primalist is lacking the true hybrid. Like Shaman, Riftblade etc.

Having aoe in your builds will always be an active decision.

Melee PL/Vulc can be runned in the aoe version- then you can use Ancestral Force and Beacon of the Drake with SS proccs to do decent dmg.

For aoe in let's say RR, you simply pump fury and keep up fury Blast on 2-3 targets, use Beacon of the Drake with procced SS.

tldr: Primalist dps is either St focused or aoe focused(Berzerker). A hybrid that exceeds in both is not a thing as for now and Melee prima in the cleave version is the closest you get to that hybrid dungeon speedrun dps.

''cleave'' here still isn't referring to spamable aoe. It really is just taking some 2% st dps to add Beacon of the Drake.

Btw this point distribution is bis for dps:

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#.../!1g/Rm1g|_vPw
    (bis primalist st dps option)

Here is the cleave version as you would want it for dungeons and last boss itrop:

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...!1q/Rk50g|_vPM

Gameplay stays the same, track SS proccs (normal SS) for Beacon

Titan spec for fury -> Melee build -> Rotb 30 sec before pull - > (spiritualism) -> (Ss) -> FB - SoB - MW - Morbid - TM - SoB - US - (SS) - repeat

an almost therapeutic rotation. When swiching targets or aoe, focus on getting FB up first, MW is rather low prio.

For pure, raw aoe that eneds nothing but alot of aoe, here is something that requires no practise:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...burst-aoe.html
    Thanks, Shas, I appreciate the feedback. I will test out the builds you linked and see if I can make it work for me. Thanks for being helpful as always

Rift Chaser

Prima start really strong even without eternal at fresh 70.
    Unlike other classes, you rely a lot on your crit chance since you can't force your spells to crit.

You should be around 500 to 600k dps with quest gear at 70 once you have your 5 legendary points.

You can follow Albyr rota to start with, 5 macro is better than 7-8 after all.

Don't forget that prima is a dot spec, you top spell is a dot that is boosted by the Molten Wave debuff, the most important part is to keep those 2 up on your target the maximum amount of time possible. The ideal world without any lag, Molten wave and fury blast should never disapear from the boss you're hitting.

Telaran

Default Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hokhmah View Post
    Prima start really strong even without eternal at fresh 70.
    Unlike other classes, you rely a lot on your crit chance since you can't force your spells to crit.

You should be around 500 to 600k dps with quest gear at 70 once you have your 5 legendary points.

You can follow Albyr rota to start with, 5 macro is better than 7-8 after all.

Don't forget that prima is a dot spec, you top spell is a dot that is boosted by the Molten Wave debuff, the most important part is to keep those 2 up on your target the maximum amount of time possible. The ideal world without any lag, Molten wave and fury blast should never disapear from the boss you're hitting.
    Thanks for the feedback, Hokhmah, I think it is just me that sucks at playing primalist. One thing I noticed with the macro for primalist is sometimes when I click on it, it feels like the ability never executed so I click again, and the rotation always gets messed up. Also, I recently upgraded to the last stage of the EW and I didn't notice any boost in DPS, in fact it almost seems like I am doing less DPS after the upgrade.

I decided to focus on my Warrior and Cleric and maybe someday revisit the primalist.
    Thanks!!!
    Last edited by codeblue001; 05-31-2021 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by codeblue001 View Post
    One thing I noticed with the macro for primalist is sometimes when I click on it, it feels like the ability never executed so I click again, and the rotation always gets messed up.
    Weapons have an animation delay between activating the ability, the animation going off and the damage being dealt/ number popping up.

On a 2h weapon this can quickly exceed 1 second so your previous hit goes off while the gcd is already over.

Just get used to it really.
    Last edited by Shas; 05-31-2021 at 01:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2