+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: The pseudo support

Rift Disciple

Default The pseudo support

Hello everyone,
    I'm here today with another spec i worked on a while ago.

What's this spec ?

So , the spec is a sort of support, that still deal a very decent amount of dps. It require to be melee , but can still be played when you are at range , however it won't be that powerfull. Don't use this spec over an archon , it's not a support. The spec is made to be used as long as an archon , it have a really nice dps and provide to the raid a nice dps buff.

Why would you play this ?

This spec can bring to your raid some damage buff that archon can't bring , like Wild Storms and Primal Savagery.

Where can you use it ?

Pretty much on every boss where you can be melee and for a better raid buffing , it's better to use it when everyone is packed. (like first BoS boss for exemple)

What's the soul tree?

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...48ky/Rm1g|_vTg

Legendaries are :
    - Font of Bloodlust
    - Scything Strike
    - Primal Savagery
    - Molten Wave
    - Fury Blast

How to play the spec :

Buffs :
    - Font of Bloodlust
    - Primal Savagery
    - Font of Wit

Macros :

Fury macro
    #show Living Armor
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Stroke of Brilliance
    cast Vorpal Salvo
    cast Living Armor
    cast Scything Strike

Cunning macro
    #show Tailwind
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Tailwind
    cast Aerial Boon
    cast Bind Life/Air Lash

SS macro
    #show Scything Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Scything Strike

Fury Blast macro

#show Fury Blast
    suppressmacrofailures
    use Reliquary of Rage
    cast Fury Blast

Opener :

Start at 100 fury,
    Precast Forced Apathy
    SS -> FuryBlast macro -> Fury macro 1 time -> Molten Wave -> Cunning macro -> Thresher's Maw -> Fury macro 1 time -> Savage Blow -> Fury macro 1 time -> SS -> FuryBlast macro -> Fury macro 1 time -> Molten Wave -> Cunning macro -> Thresher's Maw

Rotation :

Fury macro 1 time -> Savage Blow -> Fury macro 1 time -> SS -> Fury Blast -> Fury macro 1 time (40 fury) -> Molten Wave -> Cunning macro till 100 cunning -> Thresher's Maw
    Repeat this block 5 times , then refresh Air Lash after a Molten Wave to go back in harmony.
    Start again

Priorities :
    1 - Keep Molten Wave at 3 stacks
    2 - Keep Harmony of life buff
    3 - Use Fury Blast at 100 fury with procced or legendary SS
    4 - Refresh Savage Blow at 2sec , keep it at 2 stack
    5 - Refresh Air Lash

Parse :

Parse is made on a lvl 72 dummy with eternal buff , and the spec buffs , nothing else.
    The pseudo support-support-spec-21.08.2018.jpgThe pseudo support-stat-12.07.2018.png

Thanks for reading , sorry if there are some mistake , english isn't my first language
    Hope you'll like the spec , fell free to improve it , adjust it for yourself , and give feedback !
    Have a nice day guys !

Change a bit the tree and the rotation , thank to Primaschreiber who help me for this

Edit (22/06/2018):
    Change a bit the rotation we don't use forced apathy anymore , archon do it better. We also don't use Hurricane Breach anymore too , so we don't overwrite archon debuff.
    Also change the mastery 64 from Elemental affinity to Heavy handed, it give me an overall boost of 80k dps.
    To sum up : more dps and more archon friendly change.

Edit (28/06/2018):
    I change the skill tree : In mystic i moved 1 point from Tainted Wind to 3/3 in Lifegiving Gusts , so we don't refresh Bind life/Air lash too often , and use the saved gcd for our most powefull abilities.
    In Primal lord spec , i moved 1 point from Sea and Skies to Burning Bloodlust, so we gain 20% more damage to our Thresher's Maw.
    I also took off Serpent Tooth out of the SS macro , since sometimes it was using the SS buff for it , and not for FB.
    Also change the parse since i now can break the 1.3 million dps with this spec, and add a picture of my stats too.

Edit (12/07/2017):
    Eternal stacking buff change hit primalist a bit. I've change the Lvl 65 mastery from Spiritualism to Savage Blow. Spiritualism was getting eternal buff , but not anymore , so it's a dps gain to use Savage blow now. Because of this i also change a bit the rotation to fit Savage Blow in it. We also don't use Vorpal salvo or Living Armor thanks to Savage blow getting in the rotation , so we don't need to use BindLife anymore. BindLife and Air lash also don't benefit from eternal buff anymore. In total , we loose 50k dps after rotation change and everything , it's not that big , and it still do a decent amount of dps for a "support" spec.
    Last edited by Hokhmah; 08-28-2018 at 02:17 PM. Reason: More recent parse

Default more point for mystic FP

Soul Tree

Melee:
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...b8E8/Rmxg|_vPw

Range:
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...8Jx0/Rmxg|_vPw

-Legendary-
    Spoiler!

-Buffs-
    Spoiler!

-Macros-
    Spoiler!

-Rotation-
    Spoiler!

-Parse-
    Spoiler!

-Kalert-
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by jsjoe; 06-04-2018 at 07:16 AM.
    <Unicef>
    Hyung@Deepwood, Zonna@Deepwood, Zopop@Deepwood
    Zentoo@deepwood, Zotto@deepwood

Rift Disciple

I should check again , but i think mystic's burst count as a lava field and not a PF.
    Your spec is better for a mystic support , but this one isn't meant to be a support , it should be use along side an archon , to provide more damage boost for the raid , while keeping a very nice dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokhmah View Post
    I should check again , but i think mystic's burst count as a lava field and not a PF.
    Your spec is better for a mystic support , but this one isn't meant to be a support , it should be use along side an archon , to provide more damage boost for the raid , while keeping a very nice dps.
    you're right this build using for no chon,bm in raid.
    <Unicef>
    Hyung@Deepwood, Zonna@Deepwood, Zopop@Deepwood
    Zentoo@deepwood, Zotto@deepwood

Rift Disciple

Bump after editing , so every primalist can see the change.
    To sum up , more dps and more archon friendly now after change.
    Last edited by Hokhmah; 06-22-2018 at 04:48 AM.

Rift Disciple

Another day , another bump.

I change a little bit the skill tree, one macro and the rotation to have a dps improvement.

I hope everyone who play the spec like it , fell free to give feedback and tell here if you find something to improve it even further.

Rift Disciple

Updated guide after eternal stacking change.
    Ratation change a bit , change the mastery 65.

Soulwalker

*edit* D'oh! Thanks Hyung. I just realized Hyung posted a simplified guide with macros but for a full mystic support with raid CD - my bad!
    Last edited by Exiiled; 08-21-2018 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Did not see Hyung's Macros

Shadowlander

@Hokhmah, when are you using Serpent's Tooth?
    Last edited by Barabbas; 10-19-2018 at 12:43 PM.

Rift Disciple

I'm using it everytime when it's off CD , and when i am in fury, it don't use SS proc so you can either macro it on all macro , only thresher and cunning macro shouldn't have it, or use it on a separate key and manage it on your own . Putting it in the macros make it easier to use.

Shadowlander

Default Serpent Tooth

Quote Originally Posted by Hokhmah View Post
    I'm using it everytime when it's off CD , and when i am in fury, it don't use SS proc so you can either macro it on all macro , only thresher and cunning macro shouldn't have it, or use it on a separate key and manage it on your own . Putting it in the macros make it easier to use.
    I don't see this in any of your macros. Do you suggest we use it on a separate button then?

Xly
    Rift Chaser

I've got it macro'd with Fury Blast, but that's just me being lazy ;)

Made me want to pick up Primalist!

Why not Molten Wave ontop of the Cunning Macro?

Whats the benefit of Bind Life besides reseting Tall Wind when Aerial Boon has the same rotaioneffect as Tall Wind and Bind Life dmg being **** (i have no gear atm)

thanks in advance

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post

Whats the benefit of Bind Life besides reseting Tall Wind when Aerial Boon has the same rotaioneffect as Tall Wind and Bind Life dmg being **** (i have no gear atm)

thanks in advance
    Hokhmah and Primaschreiber doesn't play rift anymore but I sent them a discord message.

Rift Disciple

Thank's for the ping bamu

It can be use here to prevent you to screw the rotation if you have a lag or missclick, Molten wave can only be use when you are in fury so it won't do anything from the cunning macro if your rotation is good. However if you have a lag or a missclick , instead of bringing you back to harmony with the cunning macro , it will cast a molten wave and allow you to continu the rotation, it's important cause primalist rely a lot on molten wave and fury blast uptime for dps.
    So you can put it ontop of the cunning macro , i haven't put it in myself since i don't make any mistake in my rotation with this spec after being used to it, but you can without any problem.

1 complete rotation is around 9 to 10 sec depending on the server lags.
    Aerial boon have a cd of 15 sec ( that don't reset with bind life) and Tailwind have a cd of 1min (that can be reset by bind life damage tick)
    If you play without bind life , you'll do 20-30 sec of fight and will find you unable to use the cunning macro since both spell will be on cooldown.
    Bind life is here to reset tailwind and allow you tu use cunning macro everytime you need it , and if by "no chance" tailwind isn't reset and aerial boon still on cd , it will push you back to harmony and you can continu the rotation like if you did a thresher's maw.
    The last thing about bind life , since it reset tailwind cd , it allow you to use it more frenquently , and since tailwind do more damage than any of your other cunning ability it's a dps gain + Bind life being a dot , it boost your savage blow dps by 20%.
    Last edited by Hokhmah; 01-15-2019 at 05:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast