+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [4.2] - 31 Typhoon - AOE - 1 button trash smasher

bbt
    Soulwalker

Default [4.2] - 31 Typhoon - AOE - 1 button trash smasher

This is a Rift 4.2 'Primalist - AOE Trash Smasher' guide.
    Pros:
    • If they are bunched up, and arent moving, this flogs them.
    • Ranged spec.
    • One button.

Cons:
    • If you get trigger happy before the Tank settles them to a stationary spot.
    • ST sucks, very bad. This is when you should know the fights, and know when/ what phase to switch to your ST role respectively.
    • I dont recommend it for PVE... yolo?

Build

Masteries
    • 61. Exhileration
    • 62. Forest Matron
    • 63. Feline Reflexes
    • 64. Elemental Affinity
    • 65. Ancestral Force

Legendaries
    • Primal Avatar: Griffon
    • Torrential Rain
    • Tsunami
    • Seismic Smash
    • Vulc omitted

Buffs
    • Font of Frenzy

Macros
    Builder macro:
    #show Primal Avatar: Griffon
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Storm Rage
    cast Primal Avatar: Griffon
    cast Seismic Smash
    cast @gtae Tsunami
    cast Rippling Ether
    cast Low Stability
    cast Torrential Rain
    cast @focus Ancestral Force

Finisher:
    Not necessary, but use what ever you feel is relevant.

My toon and 1 MIN DPS parse on Alittu L72 mob:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [4.2] - 31 Typhoon - AOE - 1 button trash smasher-migip-guide-aoe.jpg  
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by bbt; 01-04-2018 at 12:09 PM.
    PST: MIGIP@Laethys

Soulwalker

Default nice build

but why no legendary in seismic smash ?

Shadowlander

Default Nice

I like that you put in the time and effort to make a guide for this soul as most people just opt for berserker. I myself use typhoon as my main aoe spec and i thought i would make a couple suggestions that you could either ignore or try out. Firstly, you're offsouls in this spec aren't helping you at all in terms of dps, you should look into changing them to berserker and predator. There are several reasons this helps. 1: the 0 point legendaries for both of those souls provide a constant damage boost of around 40% (i don't have my game open rn so i can't tell you exactly how much), plus it provides basically the same stat increases when outing in the points in the offsouls.

Second. You are missing almost all of your turmoil spending abilities, these can all be used at the same time for massive damage and respectable mobility if used correctly. You're best option when using tsunami is to make sure you are at 25 stacks of turmoil. If you do then you will still have 15 stacks remaining after you use you're tsunami. Which allows you to cast all of tje rest of your turmoil spenders immediately after which drops you down to 0 exactly. This will bring you extremely close to full fury if not all the way, which leads in to my next suggestion.

You're spamming torrential rain... This is a DoT ability, you shouldn't spam it. Honeslty i barely ever use it considering it barely does any damage and doesn't provide any buffing for other abilities. A better option would be using wind shear and divergence as your main spam abilities. The general spam rotation should be low stability (increasing damage done by next wind shear) then wind shear (increasing damage done by next divergence) then rotate between wind shear and divergence til low stability is off of cool down or you are ready for turmoil spenders. The best way to do this is make two macros, one with low stability on top of wind shear with the rest of your debuffs in it and the other with just the debuffs and divergence.

The way this should all pull together is as follows:
    Apply debuffs from raze and icy cleave off soul legendaries. This will provide a max of 40% damage boost for basically the entire fight depending on the number of enemies. Next spam a macro that has you're rebuffs and ALL turmoil spenders in it starting with tsunami and best if the macro ends with hail volley because you will want the legendary version of that which is a channel. Once you are through the macro spam between your two builder macros effectively buffing every divergence cast made and every few wind shear casts. This will get you back to full cunning just perfectly timed for you to spam your turmoil spenders again (due to the legendary version of the primal avatar you gain full turmoil for the first time back at full cunning. However you may find yourself at around 20 stacks sometimes when you hit full cunning; in this case just spam your builders for a few more seconds to get to 25). Try and reapply your raze and icy cleave rebuffs if they are close to falling off. Raze is easy cause its a 60sec timer. But make sure to watch icy cleave cause its significantly shorter.

These are my main suggestions for this spec. Keep in mind some changes in mysteries and/or legendaries may be needed with these changes but if I for sure cause i can't remember which ones I have on mine rn.

FYI. With annoying af tanks that like to move the mobs out of your aoe cause they stupid... This spec still does over 2mil ape dps for me and with the gear posted by the creator of this guide I still expect it to be around 1mil with a shot tank.

While having raze and icy cleave adds extra buttons, it is really nice to have them to use at the beginning of pulls because they provide a couple seconds worth of productive time consumption while the tanks are moving around and collecting the enemies. Increasing your chance at getting nice stationary targets when you put down tsunami.

Thanks again for the guide. Hope you look at some of this and try it out. Adds more buttons but its still super simple cause its still only a 3 button rotation.

bbt
    Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Skydeath View Post
    but why no legendary in seismic smash ?
    Yeah, logic would be to enable it, good catch; though only a slight boost in parse.

bbt
    Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Iuisa View Post
    Hope you look at some of this and try it out. Adds more buttons but its still super simple cause its still only a 3 button rotation.
    Thanks for the constructive input Iuisa ! I will look into what you said, and see what i can come up with.

Edit: i adjusted the initial post, for clarity, to state this is a ranged spec. Not sure how Predator would fit here considering that?

Either way, if you feel like sharing your build feel free to add it here or link to it from here. Sharing is caring!
    Last edited by bbt; 01-04-2018 at 12:13 PM.

+ Reply to Thread