+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [4.2] Ranged Fury Blast 21 PL 18 Vulc

Soulwalker

Post [4.2] Ranged Fury Blast 21 PL 18 Vulc

The picture says all you really need!

This spec has been popular among well-geared primalists, but I've noticed that no guide has been created for this spec, and the primalist guides are not nearly as well developed as other callings. I've seen it used in raid rifts, and I asked a few primalists what spec they were running, and they told me 21 PL 18 Vulc. This guide is my interpretation and optimization of the spec, which I believe is very similar to the way it should be played. This spec (and the melee fury blast spec) is ridiculously op and I'm hoping it gets nerfed, but if it doesn't, enjoy!

Hopefully the picture says it all, but I'll include a few notes and macros below to make it easier if necessary.
    -You'll want to track your scald to make sure it does not expire.
    -The rotation is very tight and does not allow an extra spell to be cast during the 4x repeat section (otherwise scald expires). If you want to use a filler spell, like beacon of the drake, do a 3x repeat instead of 4x.
    -Movable points: 4th point into echoing call instead of cornered prey. 1 point into overwhelming wit instead of beacon of the drake.
    -Cast Fury Blast if you have Molten Wave debuff on the enemy, otherwise cast Molten Wave.
    -If Vorpal Salvo is ever on cooldown when you need to cast it, cast Scald then Rage Spike instead of Vorpal Salvo.

The goal of this spec is to get to 80 or 100 fury and cast Scything strike followed by Molten Wave/Fury Blast (mw/fb). If you mess up the rotation, just use your spells to generate fury.
    The spells to generate fury:
    Stroke of Brilliance (40 fury)
    Vorpal Salvo (40 fury) (use only when stroke of Brilliance is on cooldown)
    Scything strike (20 fury)

Macros I find useful:

#show Molten Wave
    cast Rage of the Beast
    cast Molten Wave
    cast @self Spiritualism

#show Fury Blast
    cast Rage of the Beast
    cast Fury Blast
    cast @self Spiritualism

#show Summon: Beacon of the Drake
    cast @gtae Summon: Beacon of the Drake

Good luck!

Soulwalker

Thx for sharing, looks really good on dummy,looking forward for testing it in raid!

Telaran

If Rage of the Beast is active and an automatic Scything Strike proc occurs, make sure to use it on Beacon.

Serpent Tooth tends to be a dps loss as it can potentially eat up a lot of those automatic procs which are stronger than manually casted Scything Strikes.
    Last edited by Wynford; 10-08-2017 at 09:52 AM.
    Wynford@Greybriar (Cleric) - Martyrdom@Greybriar (Primalist) - Salmoneus@Greybriar (Mage)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Wynford View Post
    If Rage of the Beast is active and an automatic Scything Strike proc occurs, make sure to use it on Beacon.

Serpent Tooth tends to be a dps loss as it can potentially eat up a lot of those automatic procs which are stronger than manually casted Scything Strikes.
    It did not come to mind that the automatic Scything Strike proc triggers the damage bonus. Thanks for the info!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Asphinx View Post
    It did not come to mind that the automatic Scything Strike proc triggers the damage bonus. Thanks for the info!
    Yes. You can maximize dps by using the procced version on Fury Blast and Molten Wave when it comes up instead of manually casting Scything Strike (this is especially great if you're at 100 fury after say a SoB or Vorpal Salvo and then it procs, resulting in saving 1 GCD and getting a stronger Fury Blast/etc), but this takes good reaction time and more often than not my muscle memory tends to overwrite it with the manual version resulting in a lot of dps loss.

The procced (stronger version) is called "Scything Strike" and the manual one is called "Legendary Scything Strike" if you want to track them separately.
    Wynford@Greybriar (Cleric) - Martyrdom@Greybriar (Primalist) - Salmoneus@Greybriar (Mage)

BMX
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Asphinx View Post
    This spec (and the melee fury blast spec) is ridiculously op and I'm hoping it gets nerfed, but if it doesn't, enjoy![/I]

Good luck!
    Lemme see, you want Trion to waste time nerfing when they have callings that cannot dps their way out of a wet paper bag? REALLY???

If only they would scale souls with the same fervor that goes into nerfs... (For all callings)
    Banned

Shadowlander

As a newb trying to find a good Primalist spec to level with along with my tank, is this still relevant today?

Isp
    Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hereward View Post
    As a newb trying to find a good Primalist spec to level with along with my tank, is this still relevant today?
    None of lvl 70 specs are good for leveling, they heavily rely on legendaries. Use this build - http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...orld-spec.html - maybe it outdated and could be improved, but still will be much better for leveling than end game oriented specs.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Soulwalker

Default Similar spec with potential

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...a4/!b8Giw|_vPw

Legendaries:
    Drake, MW, FB
    SS
    Scald

This one with a simular play style except for LRotB, we use Drake. For me at least this point allocation is giving me roughly 30k-100k more than the normal one depending on how well I manage my MW and FB.

The opening rotation I use is prepull I use SP once then Conflagrate >Drake>SSproc or manually cast>MW. May not be the best opener but works

Then from here on treat like normal 21PL/18vulc, when Drake is back up react to maintain your MW and FB.

+ Reply to Thread