Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: [4.2] D/P *NEW* 1 button Dervish spec

shp
    Champion

Default [4.2] D/P *NEW* 1 button Dervish spec

Well, technically 2 as you have to manually refresh Scald.;p

Introduction:
    There's a guide with almost the same points spread, but more complicated. This spec has no dots, everything you need is the macro, put in in a way to provide the best dps output. Playstyle is exactly the same as the old build. Minus stupid beacon.

The spec:

Macro:
    #show Blindside
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @self Spiritualism
    cast Primal Avatar: Wind Serpent
    cast Locus of Destruction
    cast Scent of Blood
    cast Squall
    cast Apex Predator
    cast Silent Stalker
    cast Blindside
    cast Sudden Strike
    cast Seismic Smash
    cast Air Cutter
    cast Lashing Wind
    cast [notactive] Zephyr
    cast Fading Light
    cast Break Free
    Scald macro:
    #show Scald
    cast Primal Avatar: Wind Serpent
    cast Scald
    cast Fading Light
    cast Break Free
    Buffs:
    Font of Obliteration
    Zephyr

How to play?
    Cast Scald x2 -> macro -> refresh Scald when it's about to end.

Example parse on 67 Raid Boss Dummy:

My alt's crappy gear (weapon at dungeon stage):

Enjoy.
    Last edited by shp; 07-21-2017 at 06:18 AM.

Shadowlander

Isp
    Shield of Telara

Well, there is no Savage Twister & Savage Blow which were maintained separately in this guide and Apex put into macro, so it plays exactly as previous Dervish build.

I would suggest to comment out Squall by default, people who know when to use it, will uncomment it. Too many players misuse it pve which is annoying.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Soulwalker

I'm testing this build, but for some strange reason lately I just cannot cast Apex Predator, though I have 5-10 Predatory Instinct. Button is just grey. Is it a bug or I'm doing something wrong?
    Anybody has same experience?

Isp
    Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Valonie View Post
    I'm testing this build, but for some strange reason lately I just cannot cast Apex Predator, though I have 5-10 Predatory Instinct. Button is just grey. Is it a bug or I'm doing something wrong?
    Anybody has same experience?
    Apex Predator is broken, Keynes knows about it, but cannot reproduce it, it broken only on live servers.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Rift Disciple

I have been testing out this build on my level 51 it does overall real good DPS.

Air Cutter's cast time is uncalled for annoyingly long, if it was cut by at least half it would smooth out the rotation and be a lot more fun to play, not to mention probably put the Primalist on par with the other top DPS.

I also noticed Sudden Strike does not do very much damage, auto-attack does almost as much, I wonder if it is bugged too?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    I have been testing out this build on my level 51 it does overall real good DPS.

Air Cutter's cast time is uncalled for annoyingly long, if it was cut by at least half it would smooth out the rotation and be a lot more fun to play, not to mention probably put the Primalist on par with the other top DPS.

I also noticed Sudden Strike does not do very much damage, auto-attack does almost as much, I wonder if it is bugged too?
    when you are able to get legendary points it becomes instant cast.

Soulwalker

I guess it's fine if you CANNOT BE ASKED to use 3 buttons (or 4 with locus timed in right) instead of just 2, but the macro uses apex at the wrong time constantly. If you want to use it every 5 stacks, make this exact macro without Apex in it as your spam, then only use the apex macro right after blindside is used.

#show Blindside for the spam macro, #show Apex Predator for the apex macro.

Just to add, you'll get even more damage if you time out Apex and Locus, but only use Apex when you get to 10 stacks and delay locus until right after a 10 stack apex, then re-apex after each 5 second interval until you hit 5 again, rather than every time you hit 5. It's clunky and takes some work, but timing it right has netted me 690k dps, vs 530k with this 1 button, and 570k timing out apex for every 5 stacks. Same gear/build/target, just different macros/timing. Still only 4 total buttons, compared to things like Overlord, it's a drop in the bucket for management.

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotix View Post
    when you are able to get legendary points it becomes instant cast.
    Which legendary ability provides that? I cant find it.
    486 DX2
    4MB RAM
    3.5 and 5 1/4 Floppy
    Voodoo Video Card
    14in monitor VGA 256k
    28.8 Modem

Isp
    Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Vokan View Post
    Which legendary ability provides that? I cant find it.
    Primal Avatar: Wind Serpent
    Channel your Primal Avatar, increasing your damage dealt by 25%, increasing your range with melee and Dervish abilities to 35m, and reducing your cast times to 0.

Legendary version works 60s with 1 min CD, so it always up.

Soulwalker

Default rotation for your 3/4 key primalist

Quote Originally Posted by Nudal View Post
    I guess it's fine if you CANNOT BE ASKED to use 3 buttons (or 4 with locus timed in right) instead of just 2, but the macro uses apex at the wrong time constantly. If you want to use it every 5 stacks, make this exact macro without Apex in it as your spam, then only use the apex macro right after blindside is used.

#show Blindside for the spam macro, #show Apex Predator for the apex macro.

Just to add, you'll get even more damage if you time out Apex and Locus, but only use Apex when you get to 10 stacks and delay locus until right after a 10 stack apex, then re-apex after each 5 second interval until you hit 5 again, rather than every time you hit 5. It's clunky and takes some work, but timing it right has netted me 690k dps, vs 530k with this 1 button, and 570k timing out apex for every 5 stacks. Same gear/build/target, just different macros/timing. Still only 4 total buttons, compared to things like Overlord, it's a drop in the bucket for management.
    so you are saying to move apex and add it as a separate macro. when do you know apex is at 10 or 5 how can I measure it. any more help would be helpful my prim is at 67 atm and using above 1/button and ??? blindside didn't understand that sry old and with thick head lol so maybe I do have it the blindside macro shows it has been cast that is when I would use apex macro not spam macro then return to spam until blindside shows again or 5 stacks of apex? am I stating that right Please help

Isp
    Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by mug59 View Post
    so you are saying to move apex and add it as a separate macro. when do you know apex is at 10 or 5 how can I measure it. any more help would be helpful my prim is at 67 atm and using above 1/button and ??? blindside didn't understand that sry old and with thick head lol so maybe I do have it the blindside macro shows it has been cast that is when I would use apex macro not spam macro then return to spam until blindside shows again or 5 stacks of apex? am I stating that right Please help
    You use Apex when you have 5 or more stacks and when Blindside have >1/2 CD (>10 sec) (you see Blindside CD on spam macro icon). If Blindside will be off CD soon, Apex predator is wasted, but if you wait for Blindside off CD, you cast Blindside then Apex and then Blindside again (and maybe Apex and Blindside again if you had 10 stacks)

If you really wanted to min max you would track apex predator and use 5 stacks of predatory instincts after the 50% boost falls off after 15s.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    You use Apex when you have 5 or more stacks and when Blindside have >1/2 CD (>10 sec) (you see Blindside CD on spam macro icon). If Blindside will be off CD soon, Apex predator is wasted, but if you wait for Blindside off CD, you cast Blindside then Apex and then Blindside again (and maybe Apex and Blindside again if you had 10 stacks)
    Is there a macro for the Apex or just use it? If there is a macro could you show it please
    and the stacks do I see them in the 6 sided box next to my name/icon or do I need to show it with kalert?

Isp
    Shield of Telara

Is there a macro for the Apex or just use it? If there is a macro could you show it please
    No macro, just use Apex.

and the stacks do I see them in the 6 sided box next to my name/icon or do I need to show it with kalert?
    Yes, you could move it or change size if you want, no need to use kalert for it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast