+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Yarrellii
  • 2 Post By Yarrellii

Thread: 4.2 Farseer - PVE AOE Healing!

Telaran

Default 4.2 Farseer - PVE AOE Healing!

This soul is very strong on healing the people who have taken damage, focusing your healing through the Tank and letting your heals spread to the most-wounded near you and your target rather than over-healing the entire raid for the same amount. The more people in your group the faster your cool downs will come back, for clarity I'm referring to the given CD times rather than the in-practice CD times which will be much shorter.

After some debate with myself the spec I will be using at launch:

31 Farseer, 8 preserver, 0 Titan. Soul Tree Magelo
    Points in Preserver: Fixation 4/4, Blossom Shower 1/1, Resilient Growth 1/1, Roaring Rapids 2/4.
    Legendaries: Essence Strike, Cultivate, Thread of Fate, Inner Peace, Fortune Protection.
    Masteries 61-65: 1 3 (3/4) 3 (1/4)
    Primordial Strength, Forest Matron, Leonine Ferocity/Vulpine Cunning, Nature's Blessing / Ancestral Force
    Crystal: Medico's Crystal
    Buffs: Thread of Fate, Delayed Fate, (Nature's Blessing)

It's been hard to generate enough AOE healing test cases on PTS so I can see myself updating the guide and welcome constructive feedback in the thread I've included my reasoning below.

Spoiler!

How to Play:

Blossoms are applied by full-casting Nurture on to the Tank pre-pull, and then kept up by doing 1 tick of Nurture every 14s. (You want to be as close to full cunning as possible on pull)
    Ensure you are at 5 Soul Fragments pre-pull either by using Shatter Soul pre-pull or spamming Cultivate macro.

If you have 5s countdown before the pull / on the pull if you didn't have that much notice:
    Apply (Empowered) Soul Shroud to heal 10 wounded raid members within 20m of you over 20s. (Ideally at full cunning)
    Spam Cultivate Macro until Cultivate is on CD then spam Fortune Protection macro until it is also showing on CD.

On pull apply Essence Strike to the boss or main target (this does damage so do not apply pre-pull!).
    Apply (Empowered) Predestination to the Tank, giving you 35% increased healing on them as well as heals applied whenever they are attacked.

Your goal is to keep up Empowered Soul Shroud (at as close to full-cunning as possible),Empowered Predestination and maintain your Soul Fragments, as well as keep Essence Strike applied to the boss or main target, whilst not letting your 5 blossoms on the tank fall off :-
    • Your Fortune Protection macro will consume Soul Fragments for 400% more heals but prevent you gaining Soul Fragments from casting Insight.
    • Your Cultivate macro will generate Soul Fragments from casting Insight
    • For those moments you screw up and need a bigger Fortune Protection heal or to empower an ability, every 30s there is Shatter Soul which gives you 5 Soul Fragments regardless of your Fate buff.
    • Do 1s cast of Nurture Every 14s to keep your 5 blossoms on the tank and thus the reduced cast-time of Insight from casting Cultivate.

We deliberately do 5 seconds of healing between Soul Shroud and Predestination to allow Empower Soul to come off it's 5s CD, you can always apply a normal Predestination and then an Empowered one later for the extra 15% healing and an automatic Empowered Spiritual Guidance, at the cost of an extra GCD.

You have 4 cool-downs, all of which are reduced by ticks of Prescience which scales very well with 10 or more people in your raid:
    Primal Avatar: Ouroborous - 2min - Insight and Fortune Protection also cause the targets to heal for 7% of their missing health.
    Inner Peace - 2min - Heals 10 people within 25m every 0.5s for 5s and applies HoT to affected targets which will spread as it ticks to any other raid members.
    Oversoul - 2min - Places a "beacon" for 20s at target location and any allies within 15m redistribute 100% of their overhealing to nearby wounded. Anyone in 15m takes 7% less damage.
    Spirit Sight - 2min -Any overhealing you do is sent to nearby wounded for 12s.

Other than macros the abilities you need on your bar:
    Shatter Soul - Generates 5 Soul Fragments
    Reversal of Fortune - AOE Cleanse
    Materialize Soul - Combat Res (can be cast whilst you are dead - yes really)

Spirit Sight - Any over-healing you do is redirected to the nearby wounded raid members.
    Essence Strike - Your Debuff to put on targets that your raid are attacking - 5% increased healing and passive heals on those who attack your marked targets.
    Nurture - To apply and keep up 5 blossoms.
    Ancestral Force / Nature's Blessing - You 65th Mastery gives you an Ascended Power.

Rend Spirit, Violent Fate - These do damage, read the tool tips and apply these if you get bored, Empowered Spiritual Guidance will be automatically applied whenever you apply Empowered Predestination.

Macros:
    Spoiler!

KAlerts
    Spoiler!

My Action Bar

Thansk to Martyrdom@greybriar for some inspiration on possible hyrbids, in the end I posted my own hybrid here
    Last edited by Yarrellii; 09-07-2017 at 02:13 PM.

Rift Disciple

so, you heal the tank, and any overhealing gets transferred to wounded players?

just like preserver?

is it a viable tank healer (iirc only purifier is a reliable tank healer atm?) ? a raid healer? or something stuck in between?

thanks for the guide, appreciated.
    Last edited by fantasyy; 07-17-2017 at 06:36 PM.
    "flurpphbtphbtpsplurrrrrtpoootis"
    a.k.a. slap matt

Telaran

The abilties are specifically spreading to the wounded party members as well as healing your target. Additionally you have two 2min cds that spread your overhealing / all overhealing done (yes farseer and another raid healer = amazeballs every 2 minutes.)

As for being a viable tank healer, with all the content out at present I would be quite comfortable tank healing in this build, but you do not have the mitigation that Preserver supplies so your tank better be able to take the hit and get healed up within a few seconds. We'll have to see how it stands up to the test of time, the future of Preserver is probably a hybrid.
    Last edited by Yarrellii; 07-17-2017 at 06:43 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Yarrellii View Post
    As for being a viable tank healer, with all the content out at present I would be quite comfortable tank healing in this build, but you do not have the mitigation that Preserver supplies so your tank better be able to take the hit and get healed up within a few seconds. We'll have to see how it stands up to the test of time, the future of Preserver is probably a hybrid.

waaaaait a sec... puri is no longer the king of tank healing??

i can tank heal with other classes??

and i dont mean casual dungeon/whatever tanking, i mean proper, progression raiding tank healing.

been away for a year haha lots of stuff changed
    "flurpphbtphbtpsplurrrrrtpoootis"
    a.k.a. slap matt

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyy View Post
    waaaaait a sec... puri is no longer the king of tank healing?
    There hasn't been much call for tank healing in the expansion so far, everyone raid heals through it. But with 4.2 comes NM TD and that might change...

i healed quite a bit as farseer in raids now and so far the 31 is pretty underwhelming. if you then look at the amount of healing done your 2 hots + oversoul heal for the majority. even spamming nurture is far more effective. the 25% overhealing from reaching 5 blossom stacks is as high or higher then your 2sec casttime aoe heal in farseer and nurture ticks every 0.75secs and you can cast it while moving. the cd that pairs with your aoe Spammer is as underwhelming.

this spec is what i came up with. lets be honest the 18 Points in farseer are the only relevant ones when it Comes to aoe healing. i Need a spec that can constantly provide healing. the only viable cd in the 31 farseer was oversoul and maybe the 14 Points legytalent that was halfway decent all others had been underwhelming cause your 26 Talent is only for your overheal and the farseer Avatar sucks.

to now go further into my spec it has the best of both healspecs. you give your target 6% dmg reduction, this ensures the spread of the overheal that target receives. on top legy deludge gets 5*1.5sec cd reduction which means it has 2.5sec cd. so in your spam Rotation you basically have deludge -> nurture -> deludge -> nurture -> ---

every time you use deludge you shield the target which helps ensuring overheals. on top of that you boost your healing by 9% when you use deludge. the passive trait is the same for both healspecs but as you can see i took every healincrease from farseer which means with this alone this hybrid spec has 9% more Overall healing power then the 31 farseer.

on top of that is "the comming storm" passive from the preserver. thx to your offgcd legy ability in farseer you can trigger the healboost right before your most important aoe healing ability which is Soul shroud for another 9% healing boost.

compared to the 31 spec you get 2 healboosts you have Overall more powerfull CDs you have more dmg prevention on your blossom target to ensure more overheal. you can actually do sth more active if you want, you can use deludge on a different raidmember this way you have the 15secs of conservation up on several allies (tank f.e. through nurture and another 4-5 through deludge you got 5-6 conservations up and running).
    you can even then 1 tick every single raid member to have conservation up on every single one of them and then let the 2 aoe heals do their work but that would be a mammoth work for probably not the biggest results in the end but it would be fun to see how it actually performs.

the only Point i have to test is what happens to conservation. cause without Points in it 5 stacks of blossom spread 25% overheal but the passiv in the skilltree says spreads 15% to 5 injured allies. the Thing is you already have 25%. so do you then have 40% or not, but i will test it and see what happens.

buffs: natures Blessing and delayed fate
    this is my skillbar and the macros are:

#Show predestination
    cast empower soul
    cast predestination

#Show deludge
    cast deludge
    cast nurture

#show Soul shroud
    cast @focustarget rend spirit
    cast empower soul
    cast Soul shroud

#show prescience
    target Name
    cast prescience
    targetlasttarget
    cast cultivate
    cast insight

#Show essence flow
    cast essence flow
    cast inundate

#Show essence strike
    cast @focustarget essence strike

#Show emanate life
    cast emanate life
    group Rezz %t

#Show oversoul
    target name
    cast @gtae oversoul
    targetlasttarget

to maintain the 5 stacks to get the full 15% healing Bonus from your soulfragments you want to use 2 "builders" which is 1 rend Spirit and 1 insight every 20 seconds so you can use empowered predestination and empowered Soul shroud.

the Rotation is basically:

1-1 (for your empowered predestination)
    2-2 (till empower Soul's cd is rdy thats why i have the skill on the far right on my bar to track when the cd is rdy)
    3-3-3 (this triggers rend Spirit on the target of your tank so you dont get rndm aggro and the tank normally has a target, this will also trigger the 9% heal boost which is best on your highest hps skill which is Soul shroud)
    4-4-4 (this will bring up prescience, cultivate and cast insight cultivate provides only cast reduction for 1 spell but thats all you Need anyway)
    Spam 2 till you have to reapply empowered predestination

to explain the Rotation. when the tank is counting down from 5 you can already apply empowered predestination and then use deludge for your healboost, dmg reduction, shield and 5 blossom stack + conservation and then just spam nurture cause you can. you can get your empowered Soul shroud up and after it the rest.

at the start you have 5 Soul Fragments. you burn 1 for empower predestination, you gain one from rend Spirit right before you burn another one for empowered Soul shroud but you get it back through the 1 insight you cast right after cultivate gave you the castreduction. this way you get away by casting only 1 insight not wasting a gcd on rend Spirit but Keep your 5 Soul Fragments and the 15% healbuff up at all times while having 35% healincrease on your tank and a Soul shroud ticking twice as fast. while you basically tankheal like crazy you also provide the Maximum sustained aoe heal and while keeping the best set of aoe heal CDs rdy.

since the aoe heal also heals the tank i would argue that this is not only the best aoe heal spec for primalist but also Close to the best tankheal spec. it will lack a bit of tankheal and it lacks a crazy good tank cd with the legy 31 (45secs cd but 13 secs uptime in which the tank is basically unkillable) but from what ive seen so far the tankdmg is mostly irrelevant and for spikedmg the tanks themselfes got CDs rdy on top of your own CDs.
    Last edited by Hotandcold; 08-28-2017 at 11:41 PM.
    Previous Guild: Legit Shard: Gelidra Land: Deutschland

k so i did test it. you get the conservation buff with 25% overheal spread as soon as you hit 5 blossoms. you dont Need to use any skillpoints to do that. that so far was known.

the Thing is the 2 Points into preserver had been confusing. since they didnt say increase they said they spread 7.5%/15% of the overheal. i did run Tests on it and it seems that This passiv actually grants you an instance of conservation which is as strong as the 7.5%/15% depending on your skill Points invested in it.

the Problem now is that you can only have 1 instance of conservation up at the same time so the weaker Version (which you would get through skill Points) will never be buffed since the Version that you have from the beginning is with 25% alot stronger. so either trion has to make it increase the overheal spread from conservation by up to 15% or make it possible to have 2 instances of conservation up at the same time.

first Thing is better otherwise it will probably buff 25% and 15% with the first tick and the same with the second tick resulting in an overwrite of the first 15% through the second 25% instance of conservation so you would have 50% in total and not 40%.

but whatever they do why the hell is trion not capable of testing this stuff out. took me 5mins. trion fix it. as Long as it is not the spec is:

so the 2 Points from conservation into 4% more st heal.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Hotandcold View Post
    i healed quite a bit as farseer in raids now and so far the 31 is pretty underwhelming. if you then look at the amount of healing done your 2 hots + oversoul heal for the majority. even spamming nurture is far more effective. the 25% overhealing from reaching 5 blossom stacks is as high or higher then your 2sec casttime aoe heal in farseer and nurture ticks every 0.75secs and you can cast it while moving. the cd that pairs with your aoe Spammer is as underwhelming
    If you are ever doing a 2sec Insight cast you are playing my spec wrong - its 0.3 to 0 seconds and insight ends up being as much heals as oversoul when done correctly. I was looking at putting a hybrid together though since even though Impending Fate "works" I can sacrifice some skills without much loss and solo heal every raid boss.

Telaran

Use Soul Shroud, Predestination, Inner Peace and Oversoul macros from Farseer

Hyrbid Spam
    #show Cultivate
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Prescience
    cast Deluge
    cast Cultivate
    cast Insight
    cast Estuary

Extra Absorb / ST Heal
    #show Essence Flow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Essence Flow
    cast Inundate

Prepull: Empowered Soul Shroud,Empowered Predestination,Serenity,
    On Pull: Essence Strike
    Keep these up and spam the hybrid cultivate macro. if the tank for some reason is missing an absorb / health, throw an essence flow onto the tank.

The maximum cast time you will ever have is 0.5s, go wild.

KAlert:

KA::ABR8beNqlk21LwzAQx7/KPkG9PDUpeZWuLfhGhpvvBiVL4wxu7UgzRPDDm3YTKo45kYOQ5 I7
    L7393KfvetsbOlsG7VyuRXMnDTr9bH7dVtJUsv0coniteKY4xo hQoYAnnUIj26J6DLHTQd+un+7U
    Ldl8707X92ti2P3pbA9JJ0/SSUSo5F5KIhJ4WSERMJOflw6p8HHZoNMwiQ/V1TSCe0vGx6qPcH7o
    362fL7ribkuMRp5Lf/IpnJOcZgrwQOeaM3Ma9ta31ztR643YuvNeAWb0ZFVBOJCepZDw 5LyjBlxS
    MzKuLCgay2fLFd8fmZ+krOXXHuuOqIClFWUlpztUV/i/YkwRvY+W9NYE2J/AUS4HheulhuL6Gvoh
    pjRsm4xL5xKuYYCllhBcFKF7k4i/gw8yY4LoWnaeGSIGya+gwoqNf0BvbB9fqIfMEPwnab22Yqpg
    GKlBFlrG5UBwwQoTdrKRxven2m25z3Olg8fkLwK99uEHMfRsHd Law+nIjpm5FSDlXsRm8hIxChW7
    m3+utM7Edrg/4xC7S/7N/ApYIUYg
    Last edited by Yarrellii; 09-06-2017 at 09:13 PM.

i know that you dont use it when it is at 2sec casttime. you didnt understand what i meant. i just didnt remember the Name of the healspell so i said "2 sec casttime aoeheal" cause the primalist has only 1. thats all there is to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarrellii View Post

Use Soul Shroud, Predestination, Inner Peace and Oversoul macros from Farseer

Hyrbid Spam
    #show Cultivate
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Prescience
    cast Deluge
    cast Cultivate
    cast Insight
    cast Estuary

Extra Absorb / ST Heal
    #show Essence Flow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Essence Flow
    cast Inundate

Prepull: Empowered Soul Shroud,Empowered Predestination,Serenity,
    On Pull: Essence Strike
    Keep these up and spam the hybrid cultivate macro. if the tank for some reason is missing an absorb / health, throw an essence flow onto the tank.

The maximum cast time you will ever have is 0.5s, go wild.

KAlert:

KA::ABR8beNqlk21LwzAQx7/KPkG9PDUpeZWuLfhGhpvvBiVL4wxu7UgzRPDDm3YTKo45kYOQ5 I7
    L7393KfvetsbOlsG7VyuRXMnDTr9bH7dVtJUsv0coniteKY4xo hQoYAnnUIj26J6DLHTQd+un+7U
    Ldl8707X92ti2P3pbA9JJ0/SSUSo5F5KIhJ4WSERMJOflw6p8HHZoNMwiQ/V1TSCe0vGx6qPcH7o
    362fL7ribkuMRp5Lf/IpnJOcZgrwQOeaM3Ma9ta31ztR643YuvNeAWb0ZFVBOJCepZDw 5LyjBlxS
    MzKuLCgay2fLFd8fmZ+krOXXHuuOqIClFWUlpztUV/i/YkwRvY+W9NYE2J/AUS4HheulhuL6Gvoh
    pjRsm4xL5xKuYYCllhBcFKF7k4i/gw8yY4LoWnaeGSIGya+gwoqNf0BvbB9fqIfMEPwnab22Yqpg
    GKlBFlrG5UBwwQoTdrKRxven2m25z3Olg8fkLwK99uEHMfRsHd Law+nIjpm5FSDlXsRm8hIxChW7
    m3+utM7Edrg/4xC7S/7N/ApYIUYg
    why do you even bother with string of fate? you can only use 1 anyway.

why do you even use insight. its so bad. you get your cultivate up then you can use it 4 times and if you wanna use it another 4 times you Need to waste a gcd on cultivate. you refresh a hot thats not even about to fall off to use a healspell thats subpar.

within 2mins you get:

2 primalavatar deer. 1 inner peace and 1 oversoul with my build.
    2 oversoul and 2 inner peace with your build.

my build in Addition has 11% more Overall heal (5% through Soul Fragments and 6% through the passive in preserver), 9% more Soul shroud heal (rend Spirit + preserver passive) and alot more heal through conservation then you can produce with insight. i can cast while running which is helpful when you have a fight where you Need to run alot.

my Rotation is fine with 1 cultivate every 20secs which means im not wasting several gcds for nothing.

inner peace is nice to have if you Need to apply prescience quickly after you died, but thats about it. the heal from this cd alone is pretty minor and prescience is up 24/7 anyway.

so you get 1 oversoul and 1 inner peace more as Exchange for 2 primal Avatar deers. they give cultivate to every raidmember which actually adds heal, refreshing prescience from inner peace is not. on top you have 100% critchance while primal Avatar deer is active which is alot more then the Little heals from inner peace itself.

so for 12 secs you max out your consistent heals and you have a casttime of 0 secs so if you want your insight you can spam instant insights with 100% critchance during that time.

why you use string of fate idk, cause using it as a cd to save your *** is stupid cause you cripple your hp and heal even further. so you again heal worse then before and you die alot faster.

on top of all These Things you miss out on serenity. you dont Need to use it but if the tank is Standing still cast it on him to give your 2.5sec cd deludge a 50% boost. so you heal for 50% more and shield for 50% more.

my gear is rlly bad but my insight crits for 22k while my deluge crits for up to 500k so i spread up to 125k heals to 5 peoples. the Thing is your predestination is 35%. which means a strong aoe heal that spreads heal gains alot more then an aoeheal on the same target.

sry but i dont see in which world your spec will heal for more. you miss out on 20% consistent heal from Soul shroud, 11% Overall. you cant boost your deludge by 50% and your CDs are Overall less good. oversoul is better the better the other healers in your raid are. if there are None oversoul relies purely on your own healoutput.

another Problem with oversoul is that it is a stationary place on the ground. wherever you spawn it you cant move it and the 15m radius is pretty small. so if you have a fight where everyone has to spread or with alot of movement you will probably miss out on alot of heal from it and if your other raidheals dont heal for much the heal from it Drops as well. primal Avatar deer is alot more consistent in that matter. and you dont lack oversoul completly you just have 1 instead of 2 every 2 mins to get a useful cd on a 1min cd and alot more constant aoe heal.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Hotandcold View Post
    why do you even bother with string of fate? you can only use 1 anyway.
    Thread of fate legendary gives you 10% more healing and a do not die buff for yourself and stacks with other fate buffs so you keep the 25% aoe heals from Delayed Fate and add 10% more heals with Legendary Thread of Fate.

River of Souls reduces your 2min cds to an effective 1 min cd in a raid of 10, (30s in a 20 man raid) and this is obviously very powerful.

Your Avatar is approximately worth 33% of the HPS of a single insight cast. Other than being instant its worthless, and you lose so much (see above) from not having the points in Farseer. In my opinion you have completely misjudged the power of Farseer if you are wanting anything other than mitigation from Preserver.

Soulwalker

Default Not much Farseer info on the inter webs

Thanks for this guide and comments by others as I'm going to try this build and compare it to my Purifier. I play in a 3 man (dps, tank, heal) and we are joining more raids and all looking at dabbling in other builds so I thought I'd try this healer.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Heraken; 10-07-2017 at 07:17 PM.

Soulwalker

This post and it's discussion/debate is most welcome. Well done to all who posted. .
    Last edited by Ethei; 10-09-2017 at 08:41 PM.

Soulwalker

I tried this quite a few times now in 10 man's. Its a good build, I changed a couple of the macros around to be more target specific. Great Build.

+ Reply to Thread